Relationship question Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasmine Snape

High-functioning Detective

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:19 pm
Okay so I have this kind of complicating situation I would like some advice on.

I have a really good close friend whom I went to Bible School with last year. I'm still at said Bible School and I was talking to him last night. For the past couple of months he has been in a relationship. I was happy for him until last night I started talking to him and I found out that the girl he is in a relationship with is Wiccan and he doesn't want to break her heart because he knows she loves him. So he doesn't want to break up with her.

I asked him if he thought he was honoring God in the situation because that is one of the most important things in life; to be doing what God wants you to do and honor him through all things.

He said he didn't think so.

Then he asked him what he would do with this new found information and he said that he should pray.

He knew she was wiccan before he got into the relationship with her and when I asked him why he was dating her when he knew she was wiccan the only explanation he gave me was, "it happened so fast."

I honestly don't understand his logic behind this because I know he is firmly founded in Christianity and he is a strong Christian, so why would he go and do something like this?

I would never consider dating anyone who had the same religious beliefs as I do for a couple of reasons. I find dating headed towards the possibility of marriage and I would never consider marrying anyone who did not have the same faith as me. Does that make sense?

Also, to lead someone on like that is wrong, don't you think?

Me and my only boyfriend broke up in Febuary and we talked long and hard about the reasons behind the breakup which I am very grateful for because a lot of people don't get that. It had nothing to do with how we flt for each other.. Nothing at all and yet we knew that it was the right thing to do just because of the things that we were going through. I had to learn to rely on God because I relied on him throughout most of the relationship.

The point is; he broke my heart though, even though he loved me and knew it would be hard; he knew it was also right. It was the right thing to do whether he wanted to do it or not.

I don't know, I know the decision is ultimately his and I'm not trying to force him into anything at all; in fact I've very concerned for him because of this relationship because I care about him and I don't want his relationship with God to suffer because of this situation: but isn't there anything I can do to help him? I mean, I know I can pray and I am, but isn't there anything else I can do???

Advice?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:09 pm
Hey,

This is what I think. I think that if my bf is a wiccan and that he loves me but I don't exactly love him and that my relationship with him is interfering with my relationship with God then I should break up with him.
Yes, I will break his heart but God is who I should please.

But it's his decision, like you said.
I think that if she truly loves him, then she'll understand his decision and accept it. It's better to date people of your religion than people of other religions.
Pray for him.
I hope this helped. biggrin  

Halentyne

Eternal Hellraiser

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:16 pm
I know they aren't married yet, but look at 1Cor 7: 12-17

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

17But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

So basically, let it be. It will work out one way or another.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:30 pm
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him
and...I'm waiting to hear the downside to this relationship  

lordstar

ai_princesss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:36 pm
make sure that you keep praying, and support him because this must be very hard and stressful for him.
who knows, maybe in time she might chose to follow Christ too. (i cant garentee that but its possible)
hope everything works out  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:51 pm
I'd like to quote a few verses in response to the verse above. I don't mean to be rude, but both sides can be supported by the Bible.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15: "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?"

I'll pray for your friend and for you, Dreaming Beyond Hope. God be with you.  

rillegas08

Aquiella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:24 am
Pray. Pray long and hard. And often.

And I will too. *hugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:50 pm
Back when I wasn't Christian, I couldn't understand why my boyfriend said it would ultimately not work out.

I understand better now.

First, you're going to be jealous that the person loves God more than you. True Christians love God most.

Not ALL, but most non-believers don't understand no sex before marriage. I'm not saying any is slutty, but if a non-believer truly loves someone, they feel that there's no reason to wait. I'm not saying every non-believer is like that, but even when I was a non-believer I said, 'No sex before marriage', bu that didn't work out.

If you're Christian and someone isn't, or even believes something else, then chances are they don't want to hear anything about God, so you won't even act Christian around them.

IF a Christian and a non-Christian get married, chances are a non-Christian isn't going to want a traditional Christian wedding. Or at least not with the bible verses and pastor (Especially a Wiccan. And I know this is thinking far ahead). I know this because at one point I was Wiccan, and they have a different marriage process, that would go against a Christians.

There's just so many reason. I don't have anything against non-Christians, but I don't think a relationship could ultimately work. I think maybe he should gently try and bring her to God. Invite her to church. That he just wants to show her want he believes.

If not, she may hinder his dedication to God. =/

It's always a depressing fact. I'm so sorry.  

iMystere

SloanSage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm
lordstar
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him

Ummm... they are unevenly yoked?

Check out 2 Corinthians 6:14

Also see bible.com and type in the search "yoked" you will come up with many times Israel was yoked with another god and another religion. God is a jealous God. you cannot serve Him in the correct way when your wife will not follow.

A pair of oxen cannot pull a cart anywhere when they are pulling opposite ways.

He cannot be the spiritual leader of his household when others in the house will not follow him (and that means his wife). If he loves her, he will break-up with her, tell her why, and try to help her see who Jesus is from an outside relationship.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 am
There is nothing wrong with loving anyone of any faith, for God surely loves all and expects us to also, you are honouring God and to be fair you have years of time to Convert them if you feel so strongly about it.

If you followed that Mentality you would not marry anyone outside your Denomination as well, and that would be just as silly  

We Dont Negotiate

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:55 am
SloanSage
lordstar
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him

Also see bible.com and type in the search "yoked" you will come up with many times Israel was yoked with another god and another religion. God is a jealous God. you cannot serve Him in the correct way when your wife will not follow.

He cannot be the spiritual leader of his household when others in the house will not follow him (and that means his wife). If he loves her, he will break-up with her, tell her why, and try to help her see who Jesus is from an outside relationship.
You can be in love with someone of a different religion. My dad is an atheist and my mum is Catholic. They've been married for 20 years and have not once had a conflict over their choices in religion or lack thereof. I dated a Christian for year and we didn't have any issues over our religion. Neither of us really cared about what God we worshipped or how we did it. All that mattered to us and all that should matter is that we love each other. That is all God is about is love. I don't think God would really care as long as you love each other. And last I checked the wedding vows didn't state that you have to be a Christian to love. All they say is "To have and to love in this marriage." And regardless of what religion you are it is still "Till Death Do you part".  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:50 pm
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
lordstar
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him

You can be in love with someone of a different religion. My dad is an atheist and my mum is Catholic. They've been married for 20 years and have not once had a conflict over their choices in religion or lack thereof. I dated a Christian for year and we didn't have any issues over our religion. Neither of us really cared about what God we worshipped or how we did it. All that mattered to us and all that should matter is that we love each other. That is all God is about is love. I don't think God would really care as long as you love each other. And last I checked the wedding vows didn't state that you have to be a Christian to love. All they say is "To have and to love in this marriage." And regardless of what religion you are it is still "Till Death Do you part".
lack of conflict is not always the case, and the depth of your relationship with god reflects how you see this issue. this sort of thing is hard to deal with, but in the end it is god who you should please. god has a plan for everyone of us, and pleasing him not only follows his plan, but insures that God has something better lined up for us.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:58 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
lordstar
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him

lack of conflict is not always the case, and the depth of your relationship with god reflects how you see this issue. this sort of thing is hard to deal with, but in the end it is god who you should please. god has a plan for everyone of us, and pleasing him not only follows his plan, but insures that God has something better lined up for us.
Has it ever occured to you why 50% of marriages end in divorce and why many of those marriages are Christians? I think the problem with that is devoting all your love to God and not to your spouse. God may be jealous but a wife can be more jealous. A husband is even more jealous.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
lordstar
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him

a

Has it ever occured to you why 50% of marriages end in divorce and why many of those marriages are Christians? I think the problem with that is devoting all your love to God and not to your spouse. God may be jealous but a wife can be more jealous. A husband is even more jealous.

If the marriage is equally yoked, the family godly, and everyone is focused on God, then there will be no problems.  

SloanSage

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:57 am
Quote:
If the marriage is equally yoked, the family godly, and everyone is focused on God, then there will be no problems.

Your joking yea, you are joking?

It doesnt matter how "Godly" you all can be, problems can arrise, people can fall out of love, situations can change, a Husband could become abbusive(or a wife).

There are many many interpriations of what could be "Godly"

There is nothing wrong with marrying outside the faith, and that's it  
Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas