Reply Advice
I'm Giving Up On God Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Last Cross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 am
He hasn't done much for me, I've been through so much pain and all he brings is more and more. The only good thing he truly does is listen and that is it. I truly hate how I am always told that God will make things better....WHEN?! Nothing has happened, the only few things I have thanked him for is saving my life from suicide and some other bad choices. I guess I'll just get used to the burning sensation of Hell. Well if any of you have any advice...please tell me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 am
Get used to the burning sensation of hell, huh? Sounds like you're already going through a bit of that right now.

What's going on in your life right now? I know that you're hurting, but it's difficult to give you meaningful advice if you don't give any expansion of your situation. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to see God in situations. Sometimes you may never figure out what happened during that horrible period iin your life, and you may feel like there is no God out there after all. I know. I've been there. I've been suicidal as well. Actually, I'm impressed that you have the depth of faith left in your pain to thank him for saving your life from suicide. I wasn't quite as mature as you. I, like you, gave up on God. My dark period lasted for a VERY long time, and I STILL hate people telling me "it'll be ok" when there's a rought spot in my life.

It's great to think that everything will be ok at some magical date in the future, but what about RIGHT NOW?

Right now, in the painful times, is when you can find yourself. It's what can shape who you are. You can find your strengths and weaknesses. And you can do your best to learn from the pain.

As I said, I would like to know more of what's going on, so my advice may be more relevant. I don't know if this link will help - it didn't help me much until later in my life - but I'll post it anyway.

Footprints  

Ablazed
Captain

The Last Cross

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:33 pm
Ablazed
Get used to the burning sensation of hell, huh? Sounds like you're already going through a bit of that right now.

What's going on in your life right now? I know that you're hurting, but it's difficult to give you meaningful advice if you don't give any expansion of your situation. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to see God in situations. Sometimes you may never figure out what happened during that horrible period iin your life, and you may feel like there is no God out there after all. I know. I've been there. I've been suicidal as well. Actually, I'm impressed that you have the depth of faith left in your pain to thank him for saving your life from suicide. I wasn't quite as mature as you. I, like you, gave up on God. My dark period lasted for a VERY long time, and I STILL hate people telling me "it'll be ok" when there's a rought spot in my life.

It's great to think that everything will be ok at some magical date in the future, but what about RIGHT NOW?

Right now, in the painful times, is when you can find yourself. It's what can shape who you are. You can find your strengths and weaknesses. And you can do your best to learn from the pain.

As I said, I would like to know more of what's going on, so my advice may be more relevant. I don't know if this link will help - it didn't help me much until later in my life - but I'll post it anyway.

Footprints

I can't keep a good relationship, the past keeps coming back and it seems the best way out is to get away from what has brought me all of this pain, the computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:10 pm
Sometimes, we never see God, and we never see what he's doing in our lives - but he is there. He doesn't leave you floundering for help - even though it may feel like it. I agree with Ablazed - it was very mature of you to be able to thank God even along all your struggles. You're amazing not to have kept going even though you're obviously in a lot of pain. I've been there as well, and I was just as blind as you were. But now, looking back? I'm amazed at all the places I can see God's hand, leading me even when I'd forgotten him. We were never promised to be magically rescued, but we WERE promised a rock to cling to when it feels like the current's about to drag us under. I can't offer much advice, I can only ask you not to give up just yet, just hang in there. God's there, right beside you, even if you can't see him or hear his voice.  

Tarantellatears

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:43 pm
I read this tonight and thought of you.
Job 30:19-20
"God has cast me into the mire, and I have become like dust and ashes. I cry out to you for help and you do not answer me; I stand, and you only look at me."

as much as I'd like to give you something really meaningful, the only one who can do that is God - even if you've lost faith in him. I can only suggest that you read Job, he want in a situation similar to yours. I'm praying for you - even if you've lost faith in it, it's the only thing I can do for you.
stay strong, I hope what I said doesn't offend you, since you've already said you don't like people telling you it'll be alright.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:08 am
l2oss
He hasn't done much for me, I've been through so much pain and all he brings is more and more. The only good thing he truly does is listen and that is it. I truly hate how I am always told that God will make things better....WHEN?! Nothing has happened, the only few things I have thanked him for is saving my life from suicide and some other bad choices. I guess I'll just get used to the burning sensation of Hell. Well if any of you have any advice...please tell me.

There really isn't any magic to it m8. Its your life, your world, and it's you who needs to help yourself make it better. Choose your own path and keep your eyes open. You don't have to walk alone.  

lordstar

daviderentxun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:09 am
lordstar
l2oss

There really isn't any magic to it m8. Its your life, your world, and it's you who needs to help yourself make it better. Choose your own path and keep your eyes open. You don't have to walk alone.

In other words: "Don't fight... surrender yourself, and do whatever you want." William Barclay once said: "No one ever reached any eminence, and no one having reached it ever maintained it, without discipline." What you are saying is just part of the human philosophy of "do it yourself... you are 'god'."

The Bible is clear though: "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death" (Proverbs 14:12). "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

"For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: 'A dog returns to its vomit,' and, 'A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud'."
(2 Peter 2:18-22).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:43 am
-Nexius I-
lordstar
l2oss

In other words: "Don't fight... surrender yourself, and do whatever you want." William Barclay once said: "No one ever reached any eminence, and no one having reached it ever maintained it, without discipline." What you are saying is just part of the human philosophy of "do it yourself... you are 'god'."

The Bible is clear though: "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death" (Proverbs 14:12). "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

"For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: 'A dog returns to its vomit,' and, 'A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud'."

If anything I was calling my brother to arms
to activly blaze his own path and not surender to the nonsence perscribed in the Bible.  

lordstar

daviderentxun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:35 am
lordstar
-Nexius I-
lordstar
l2oss

to activly blaze his own path and not surender to the nonsence perscribed in the Bible.

Pretty sorry you feel that way. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18 ). I will gladly stay with the "nonsense" of the Scriptures, and will not argue fruitlessly with you. "Ephraim is joined to idols; leave him alone!" (Hosea 4:17). Praised be the Lord. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:33 pm
-Nexius I-
lordstar
-Nexius I-
lordstar
l2oss

Pretty sorry you feel that way. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18 ). I will gladly stay with the "nonsense" of the Scriptures, and will not argue fruitlessly with you. "Ephraim is joined to idols; leave him alone!" (Hosea 4:17). Praised be the Lord. 3nodding

What are you talking about!???

Random much?  

lordstar

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 am
I can see where he's going. Let's try not to turn this into a debate please? and this is an advice forum - anyone who wants is allowed to give advice, and we can't stop them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:34 am
I've heard this happen to some people. I learned about this in church. Well, God is just waiting for a good time to bless you, and to make him happier with you, you have to do nice things too, like turning away temptations and donating to churches. So all hes doing is waiting, so just be patient.  

xpixie_lightsx

rillegas08

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:43 pm
Trying to rush God is like trying to assert control over Him, and we can't do that without sinning. God works in His own time. This reminds me of the joke that a man asks God what a million dollars and a million years are like to Him (a penny and a second). The man thinks for a while then asks God for a penny, to which God responds, "Sure...in a second."

Even though you're going through some tough times, God has a reason for it. My grandfather lost his wife to Alzheimer's a few years ago. He took it a little badly. The good part: he was the first of his generation in this area to lose a spouse, and he now helps the others in his generation cope with the deaths of their spouses.

Just remember, God has a plan for you (Jeremiah 29:11) and I'll be praying for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:15 am
The Book of Job might help you put things in perspective. Job lost eveything, but his faith in God and was rewarded with more wealth than he had b4 his trails began. Sometimes we need to suffer to discover what God has in store for us, don't give up.  

firey red phoenix

ice-white-angel

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:57 pm
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!  
Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items