Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Gaia Evangelism Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:06 am
So, Jesus told us to go preach the gospel to all the earth - why don't we do it on Gaia?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am
online evangelism is one of the hardest forms of evangelism though. i agree that we should use Gaia and other sites to help with reaching out, but it takes practice and patience and perseverance b/c on here we don't know the ppl that well...we can't see their reactions to what we say so we can't truly judge how what we say is affecting them. also it is very easy to say something the wrong way even though we didn't mean to. without the realy ability to show emotions and other non-verbals we have to be careful with how we word something on here....  

trinity343

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am
yeah, I get that. I though it would be interesting to just try though. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:46 am
Sounds great. I think we should definitely seize any opportunity we have to share the gospel.  

Archon Logos

Duroonsia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:41 am
I think it would be great. But trinity343 is right. It would be long, and we couldn't judge as well. We should try,though, because if you don't try, you don't succeed.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:22 pm
How do you propose we do this exactly?  

dragongirl42391

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 am
Meh, I dunno. Good luck, anyway!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:27 am
dragongirl42391

well, I actually wasn't thinking straight out evangelism, but you could do that too. I was thinking more of how the topics in the discussion forums get sometimes. One Christian versus the rest of the thread. It would be a form of evangelism if we could go and help the ones who need it in the disussion forums. It would be a witness if some people did this. I agree, sharing the word on the web is hard, but planting seeds isn't, and sometimes that makes all the difference.  

Tarantellatears

Lithanus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:45 pm
I'm also thinking about forming an outreach of sorts on Gaia. I've found that the charity/quests forum should be a good place to start, they are generally nice people and might be more receptive to an out reach. In fact, I've been wanting to even start up a charity with the Warriors for Christ Guild. What better way to get out the word than to give out stuff people want at the same time. Also, a bump thread in the chatterbox that is Christian friendly could be a good idea. I just haven't found a good way to outreach through debating environments, all that I have seen ended with little success. If a few guilds got together to do this kind of stuff, we might really get something going. I hope this helps, pm me if want to talk about it further.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:13 pm
thestarthatshines
dragongirl42391

well, I actually wasn't thinking straight out evangelism, but you could do that too. I was thinking more of how the topics in the discussion forums get sometimes. One Christian versus the rest of the thread. It would be a form of evangelism if we could go and help the ones who need it in the disussion forums. It would be a witness if some people did this. I agree, sharing the word on the web is hard, but planting seeds isn't, and sometimes that makes all the difference.

ok i can see a point to going out to forums to an extent. but this can become dangerous in a sense for us b/c we can easily become outnumbered....remember we're not to be unequally yoked...meaning it will be very hard to be one who is going against many. might i suggest that if you see someone who is seeking help/advice in a forum that you PM the person instead of answering on the forum. this will allow it to turn into a one on one discussion and not making it so that everyone else's opinions/beliefs will weight down on what you say and you end up having to answer their questions more then the original person's need.  

trinity343

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:26 pm
Not only that (according to what trinity343) says, but I think some people here on Gaia wouldn't even bother to read the verses that you give to them :/

And I tried showing this one lost person a verse and link to a Chrsitian site, but when I did I got warned for proselytizing :/.

It's better if you evangelize via PM.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:57 am
trinity343
online evangelism is one of the hardest forms of evangelism though. i agree that we should use Gaia and other sites to help with reaching out, but it takes practice and patience and perseverance b/c on here we don't know the ppl that well...we can't see their reactions to what we say so we can't truly judge how what we say is affecting them. also it is very easy to say something the wrong way even though we didn't mean to. without the realy ability to show emotions and other non-verbals we have to be careful with how we word something on here....
I agree with him....most people, here on gaia don't really take anyone seriously because the person is most likely hundreds of miles away....It's even hard for me to take anyone seriously...but you can! don't ever stop trying  

missymisa

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:33 pm
thestarthatshines
So, Jesus told us to go preach the gospel to all the earth - why don't we do it on Gaia?

I was thinking that. Maybe, if 1,2, or 3 of us paired up and one of us made a forum, the three of us could talk about it, and preach the bible. That way, when people "flame" us, we can support one another. And no doubt other Christians would join in as well. It's sad to think of how so many souls will be lost. I would like any way to help spread Christianity, but, let me tell you from an Athiests point of view, because I was one... awhile ago. They will give people the hardest tasks of questions such as "what about other religions?" and "if God is so loving, then why is there all this death and violence in the world?" And that kind of stuff. So, if a couple of us were to get together and "preach" then we would want to have a plan... If anyone would want to do that, PM me, 'cause i think that's an OK idea. what'd you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:13 pm
I think thats a good idea. But we would need some sort of gameplan.  

dragongirl42391

Orizion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:15 pm
mazuac
thestarthatshines

I was thinking that. Maybe, if 1,2, or 3 of us paired up and one of us made a forum, the three of us could talk about it, and preach the bible. That way, when people "flame" us, we can support one another. And no doubt other Christians would join in as well. It's sad to think of how so many souls will be lost. I would like any way to help spread Christianity, but, let me tell you from an Athiests point of view, because I was one... awhile ago. They will give people the hardest tasks of questions such as "what about other religions?" and "if God is so loving, then why is there all this death and violence in the world?" And that kind of stuff. So, if a couple of us were to get together and "preach" then we would want to have a plan... If anyone would want to do that, PM me, 'cause i think that's an OK idea. what'd you think?

I hate to say this, but those ppl should be ignored. You know, the ones that ask those questions, and refuse to listen to what you have to say. Sometimes ppl are too closed-minded. I have experience with this in both real life and online. Those who will listen are the ones that are lonely, sick, etc.
Agree/disagree?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces