Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Potatoes are always best when Sweet (Guilian and Arya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:01 pm
User Image

Humming to himself, Guilian strolled down the bank of the slow-moving river, his step sure and his air jaunty. It was twilight, and the setting sun shone on the cardinal stallion's plumage in a way that made his feathers gleam even more brightly than usual, thrown into comparison with the shadows of the trees beyond the river. He looked bold, bright, and beautiful...and he loved that. Even when there was no one else around, Guilian loved the knowledge he looked his best.

Not that he ever looked anything else, of course...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 pm
User Image

Elsewhere downstream, there was a mare who remained blissfully oblivious to Guilian's supposed perfection and beauty. It was possible that she had heard of him. After all, do not all rakes have admirers among the fairer sex? But no description could possibly be enough to prepare any female for the self-satisfied scarlet sex symbol. Or was that sex fiend? Most likely it was that, for surely he could be no poster boy. Pin-up, perhaps, but not poster-child of any type. There were, no doubt, other less qualified individuals fitting that particular function. Arya didn't know, and didn't care. Currently, she was wiling away the time with a drink. The water was cold, cool, and calm. Much like the mare herself. Just the way she liked it. She blew across the surface of the small pool that had collected on the other side of an enormous, aged log. Little did she know that a stallion with an ego rivaling the size of that very colossus example of flora stood not far from her quiet retreat.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:37 pm
As Guilian came up to the downed log, he paused to take in the sight of the setting sun across the river. It was rather pretty, all pink and orange and stripey; not as pretty as some other things he could think of, but rather pretty all the same. One of those little pleasures that came from being in the right place at the right time.

There was a certain amount of enjoyment that came from witnessing such scenes, and he was not so far gone in his own self-absorbtion that he couldn't appreciate the beauty of nature. Granted, it was nature of another sort that drew him the most...but he could make due.

Or that was the plan, anyway, before a soft noise caught his attention. It was very faint, but the still of the evening made even the little things stand out. Like the sound of someone blowing very gently across water...

Raising a brow, Guilian turned and eyed the log behind him. Unless he was greatly mistaken, the source of the noise had been from back there...

"Good evening, Chica. Enjoying the evening?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:53 pm

An unfamiliar voice, but it had all of the suave, smooth, salacious sensuality that one might expect from one such as he. Arya curved an eyebrow, raising it upwards in faint disbelief. Oh, he knew what she was before she so much as spoke, hmm? Well, wasn't that just... utterly fascinatingly- dull. Pah, she'd encountered stallions with more pizazz in a single hoof than this stallion's voice held. But then, she hadn't laid eyes on him just yet. Perhaps what he lacked in sheer animal magnetism he made up for in bumbling incompetence. Wait. That wasn't at all what she'd meant to think. Really it wasn't. She wasn't by nature a vicious mare, but she couldn't help but be slightly off put by his swift assumption. If she just stayed put, he might get bored with browsing the local scenery, and move on to bigger and better things. Mostly bigger. There wasn't much better to be found, in her rather less than humble opinion. Humble was relative, but thinking of oneself in those terms had to render one without any great degree of humility. "I was."

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 pm
A correct guess, then. Upon hearing the distinctly female voice lifted in response to his question, Guilian's lips curved slightly into a sensual smile. He did so love it when he guessed correctly, and even if the mare's two words had been uttered in a tone that flirted with aggreived, he was alright with that. He did so love a challenge, after all...not that he'd turn down a sure thing, of course, or even a middle-grounder. Maybe it was best to just say he'd never turn down a mare. Well, THAT wasn't entirely true either...but the truth was more complicated, and who wanted that?

So he dismissed the thoughts with a toss of his curls, then eyed the offending tree that seperated him from teh mystery mare. He could always go around...

But why go around when you could go over? Chuckling, the stallion spread his wings, tehn with a few quick downward strokes he was perched (rather majestically, if he did say so himself) on the log, looking down at a dainty and diminuative mare. "Was....a pity that your enjoyment is in the past tense. Perhaps we can do something to fix that, yes?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:15 pm

"We?" A single syllable, but it spoke volumes. Arya took a step backward, observing the stallion who perched so majestically upon the log. As though there was a way to do that! She scoffed silently, and allowed her fine features to assume an expression of innocent confusion. "And how might 'we' go about doing that, pray tell?" There was more than a hint of disdain in her genteel tones. "Do enlighten me, please. I would love to know, for I simply cannot conceive of a reason why your presence might assist me with that myself." Was this the rake she'd heard so much about? The tittering females had described him as extravagant, romantic, and irresistible. Thus far, only the first adjective was fitting. Holding that innocent poise, she took the time to assess her 'opponent'. Could he handle her heat? It certainly would not be the sort of slavish attention he was used to receiving.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:24 pm
From his lofty vantage point, Guilian was quick to access the mare, starting with the sudden shift in her expression. She was quick, this one, yes, but not THAT quick. Tsk tsk, letting her expression run away with her like that.

Though he had to admit, it was a charming move. The new expression she wore, one of wide-eyed innocence, went with her simple coat and subdued elegence like apples went with fresh grass. However, there was more to her; that brief flash of annoyance promised something beyond the veneer she was otherwise presenting.

Bravo, Chica, Bravo.

"Yes, 'we', Chica. Call me a sentimentalist or the like, but I can't help but feel a sense of obligation to right the greivious wrong perpetrated in that 'am' that must have been becoming a 'was'." With that, Guilian gracefully hopped down from the log, alighting a few steps away from the mare and flicking back his wings. "Assuming, of course, that it wouldn't be too much of an imposition." With that, he offered the mare a graceful bow, the gesture emphasising the dark flower in his mane and the gleam of his body. "And my name is Guilian, by the way, Chica; and if you would be so kind?" Lifting his head but not his body, Guilian gave the mare a subtle wink. "Or, if you'd rather, we can stick to 'Chica.'"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:17 pm

It had seemed such a beautiful day. What a shame to have such serene splendor spoiled by a self-absorbed strumpet of a stallion like him! It really was quite a pity. Well, she simply would not allow him to ruin it for her. That would be criminal. Tossing her head, the proud mare gave the wind a sidelong glance, and said,"My name is Arya, if you must know." Given the choice between being called by her name and having that sort of petname bandied about, she would really rather allow him her name. Arya didn't feel that he'd earned it yet, but her name was infinitely preferable to 'Chica'. She tossed her head again, and put a little bit of distance between herself and the stallion, wondering if he'd picked up on what she'd done. She had intentionally allowed him to see that little shift of expression with the idea that he might, just might underestimate her. But there was always the (rather wild) possibility that he was intelligent enough to discern that. She certainly didn't want to underestimate him.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:05 pm
"Arya...a charming name, delightful in its simplicity yet without sacrificing all claims to dignity." If he must know, indeed. It was always amusing to see the stiffer mares battle with themselves, whether they would consent to merely being referred to as 'Chica' or to relenquish their real name. In some cases, Guilian doubted he was getting the real name; he wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this mare's name were actually Hortense. Or Potato. In fact, now that he thought about it he wouldn't be surprised if her name WERE potato; her coloration, if nothing else, made him think or a particularly succulent sweet potato. Yes, a sweet potato indeed...

Smiling inwardly at his own simile, Guilian turned to give Arya a rather direct and very amused look. "Or at least, that would be the proper breakdown of said name if I were to be the suitably gentlemanly stallion that kept my distance and maintained a constant string of compliments in the hopes that I would break down your defenses. But somehow, I get the feeling that you are thinking just that sort of thing yourself, or at the very least that I am a character to be held at a wing's length, no?"

If mares wanted to be direct, he could deal with that; if they wanted to be passive-aggressive, he could handle that too. After all, there was nothing quite so delightful in life as variety, even if it meant being stonewalled once in a while.

Not that he planned on letting that happen if he could help it, though!

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games