[PRP] What are you doing here? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:34 pm
User Image

As of late, Angusho had the most astounding rush of different emotions flowing through his veins. He was ecstatic about being home, after such a long time. Somehow, the air seemed cleaner here, the trees more lively, and life safer. He was excited about Raza being pregnant, and yet he was afraid that something might go wrong during birth. He refused to let her hunt until they were born, and rarely let her out of his sights.

Of course, he still had his duties to attend to. With the happiness of coming home, there was also sadness. He was heartbroken to find that nearly all of the lions he had known and seen as his friends were long dead, most of which by the plague. Others still, mostly the more elderly, had died of old age. As such, Angusho found himself on duty more often than he had been before they left, though not quite as much as when living in the rogue lands.

This was one of his treks around their boarders, alone with his thoughts. He didn't expect trouble, though he never did. He had only met a serious threat once, and he still had the scars to prove it; one across his cheek, and another on his leg. Angu pushed the thoughts from his mind, preferring to finish his check as quickly as possible so he could get back to Raza.

"Is anybody out here?" He called, as if an intruder would openly show themselves. "Hello?"

Angusho is not the smartest lion you will ever meet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:26 pm
User Image
Siria'Chunuka found herself in familiar territory, although at first she couldn't place it. Then something sparked in her memory. Mpenzi! The lioness with such a colorful mind! Instantly her ears flattened against her head and she looked slightly ashamed. She hadn't been keeping to her promise.

Her months of insanity had prevented her from doing so and now she felt terrible. That moment was one of the few where she let her emotions shine. Instantly when she caught sight of an unnatural color she quickly composed herself. Her eye's lost their shine and luster, looking dull, they looked as though they weren't looking at the ground but through it. Her ears flickered back up into their upright position and her tail dragged against the dirt.

She heard the lions call and since she was coming up behind him she said nothing until she was merely a few feet away. "It depends, who's asking, and where is here?"

The maned wolf obviously knew of where she was but that wasn't the point, besides she liked speaking in riddles and being cryptic. It was what she did.

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:50 pm
Angu spun around to find a bright manned wolf behind him, letting an irritated growl pass his lips. He hated being surprised. He quickly managed to rein in his temper, however, since the creature didn't seem all that threatening.

"I'm asking, of course. And here is the land of the Mteo'nyungu pride," He examined the wolf for a moment, "Of which I'm fairly sure you are not." He said simply, "My name is Angusho, and you seem to be trespassing." His voice wasn't threatening, but it didn't sound overly friendly either.

"But, seeing as you're already here, what is your name?" He tried to avoid sounding too curious. He'd never met anyone so brightly colored before! Sure, he stuck out like a sore thumb, but this creature stood out against itself! It was a bit of a shock, to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:09 pm
Although the wolf showed no emotion on the outside, on the inside she was grinning rather wickedly.

This was going to be fun.

Lots of fun.

At least for Siria, she almost always had fun, but she believed that this would be the most fun of all.

"Trespassing? Now what makes you say that, how do you know that I don't have permission from the Kaimu to be here? On what claims do you have that I am trespassing?" The female questioned her facial expression not changing in the slightest.

"...." She said nothing in regards to her name at first. "If you are of the colorful mind as the lioness I met before I will tell you, otherwise you will never know."

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:13 am
"Well, you're not in the pride." Said Angu, rather taken aback, "Only lions are in the pride, I think." He wondered to himself how she knew about the Kaimu. Perhaps she did have permission. "Well if you have been granted permission, then you ought to know the Kaimu's name."

"Colorful mind, you say?" He asked, sitting down to ponder what this could mean. Everyone knew he wasn't too bright, but colorful didn't mean smart, did it?

"I guess it depends on what a colorful mind is." He flicked his tail so that the pink tuft of fur was in front of him, "My tail is colorful, but I don't think that it counts as my mind." He shrugged.

"But my mane is colorful too, and it's on my head. Does that mean I have a colorful mind?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 am
"The lioness of a colorful mind, the one you call Kaimu goes by the name of Mpenzi." The brightly colored maned wolf stated with a monotone voice. Her tail flicked up from the dirt and with it brought a cloud of dust up and into the air.

She resisted the urge to chuckle wanting to keep up her emotionless appearance. "A mane is not a part of the mind, only an extension of the body." Siria stated simply, remaining standing when the other sat down. "The mind is something that cannot be seen yet it is there."

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:28 pm
Angu managed to relax as he heard the familiar name. This stranger did indeed know the Kaimu, so she must have permission, right? The thought never occurred to him that she could have been told to stay out by Mpenzi, but even if it did, this wolf seemed trustworthy. If a bit odd.

"I apologize. I acted rashly, and did not give you a chance." He said simply, bowing his head for a moment.

"Is it? I always thought my mind was in my head, and my mane comes out of there. Maybe it IS part of my mind." He said in astonishment, his brain making new connections and thinking of new possibilities for the first time.

"After all, can you prove that they are not attached?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:11 am
Siria'Chunuka was the one to lie, she could if she felt the need to but rarely did. She just made things so confusing it was hard to tell if what she said was true or not. "It is your job is it not?" Siria asked a little less cryptic than her previous words had been.

"Your mane does not extend from your mind, for the mind is a part of the brain and the brain is divided from the skin by bone, the skull." The colorful maned wolf replied, unblinking. Her tail flicked up into the air before falling back down to the ground. "If you wish me to prove it, you would have to be willing to have your skull opened."

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:17 am
"I guess you're right." Angu shrugged, "How did you know? Are you familiar with the customs of my pride?" He asked curiously. Of course, if she was, it would be easy for her to know that males were usually Shujaa, who protected the pride. If not, he figured it had to be a lucky guess.

"Um, no thanks." Angu wrinkled his nose at the thought, "I'll take your word on that one." He sighed, still trying to figure out what a colorful mind was. "Is a colorful mind being creative? Because I'm not very good at that. Not too smart, you see." He said simply, not at all ashamed of his lack of brainpower.

"In that case I suppose I'll never know your name. What a shame."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:25 pm
"Perhaps I do, perhaps I do not." She replied simply to his question, not giving a definite answer. After all there was no fun in doing so. Finally she sank to her haunches and wrapped her fluffy tail around her.

"Wise choice." The maned wolf stated when he refused her offer. "In a way yes, where at the same time no." Siria replied to his second question. "Perhaps you could convince me to tell you my name." She suggested

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:36 pm
Angu sighed. Why did she have to do that? He didn't like having to constantly guess things, but this manned wolf seemed to like making him do just that. He decided against exploring her first statement, and skipped straight to her last.

"I see. And what would it take for me to know your name?" He inquired, "Other than having a colorful mind, which I seem to lack."

"Though it does seem impractical to go without knowing one's name. What should I call you if not by your name? I could call you 'miss wolf' if you like, or perhaps 'miss riddles'." He suggested, "Though your true name would sound less silly, I'm sure."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 pm
A small smile cracked at the corners of the maned wolf's lips. The lion seemed to be so interested in learning her name. It provided her with amusement an she so enjoyed amusement. It had, after all, been sometime since she had had this much fun.

Finally she decided that she would tell him, only if he would do her a request. "I will tell you, if you can make a promise to me." She told him with a flick of her tail.

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 pm
"I'm afraid you'll have to tell me what it is you want first." Angu said cautiously, but not too afraid of what she might have in store for him. Curiosity had the better of him right now though. He wanted to know her name quite badly, and he wanted to know what he was promising too.

"But I'll do my best, I can promise that." He added eagerly, not wanting to sound distrustful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:49 am
"I wish for you to give my regards to the Kaimu, tell her that I have not forgotten the promise I made to her many moons ago." Siria told him rather simply, different from her original speech. This was one thing that had no reason or need to be spoken cryptically.

"Please tell her that Siria'Chunuka sends her regards." The female added, including her name this time. She then flicked her tail behind her again.

Nuxaz

Atheare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:14 pm
Angu smiled, "I can do that. You can trust me to do this for you, Siria'chunuka." He bowed his head respectfully. "You are a most interesting creature. I've never met anyone quite like you." He wasn't quite sure if it was a compliment or not.

Suddenly his mind flickered back to Raza, and their unborn cubs. "I'm sorry to leave so soon, but I must be going. Until we meet again, farewell." HE said simply, turning and walking rather quickly toward the center of the pride's lands, where Raza waited for him.

[PUB] Mteo'nyungu

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff