Let's go explore [Jua Bwana & Kadin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm
It was pretty early in the morning when Kadin woke up and started to move around, the sun haven only risen about an hour before. He padded around his siblings, kind of siblings, mama and not-mama, to just at the edge of the den to peer out. The world looked exciting with the birds, all of the things in the trees and scurrying on the ground. One such scurrying thing was a lizard that crossed by the leopard cub.

He blinked down at it then raised a paw when it paused not too far away only to bring it down almost on it's tail. Missed!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:45 pm
User Image

Blue eyes opened slowly as large paws padded by. Jua Bwana lifted his head to watch one of the cubs from the other litter move to the mouth of the den that they had been using since they had all been born. Although they weren't from the same mother, Bwana felt about as close to his siblings as he did to the other bundle of cubs. Which actually wasn't very close. He liked being around his mother and tolerated the other grown lioness and the cubs.

Stretching before standing, Bwana moved to stand a few paces back from...ah, Kadin. It was hard to tell in the dim light of the cave. He observed for a few minutes as the other male toyed with a lizard, snorting softly at the miss. "You'll have to get better than that if you ever want to survive on your own," he said as he approached, watching the little lizard dart around in front of their paws.

"They'll leave us some day, you know," he added quietly as he sat. "Our mothers. Once we're too big to feed, why would they want to sacrifice their health for ours?" It could be said he was a bit of a pessimist, but in his mind he just spoke the truth. The other set of cubs was far more jovial and happy than his litter mates, but he supposed that had something to do with their mothers. Kadin's mother was usually happy and smiling, while his own would snap at her and scowl.

Natsuko-neko

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:03 pm
Kadin looked up when other cub addressed him and gave a smile. Different parents didn't mean anything to him, in his mind both litters were siblings and he liked his siblings. "Oh I know I need to but I have time to get better before anything like that happens." He glanced back at the lizard that had kept on it's way like nothing had happened. "And they might not leave us." Said the more optimistic male. He then turned fully to the orange cub and waved a paw. "It's possible that most of us will end up sticking together in the long run." He would rather believe they would stick together for a good long while.

He peered at his younger den mate for a moment before glancing out side the den again. "And cheer up some Bwana, it's a pretty day." His tail curled around his back legs as he sat down.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:13 am
Bwana rolled his eyes slightly as Kadin spoke up. Always the optimist, this one. It kind of suited him, though. His mother was quite cheerful all the time and his siblings were as well. He shared his mother's sympathy that they were all a bit annoying at times, but they were there when he wanted to wrestle and practice pouncing, and they usually made fairly good targets. He lifted a paw to rub at his ear, tail twitching as a fly buzzed by. Ugh...he hated flies. They were so bothersome.

"Maybe most of you. I doubt Mother will let us stay around her for very long," he said with a disdainful sniff as he glanced outside. "Your mother might think differently." Kadin's mother also had more cubs than his mother had, so caring for them would be more of a project. His mother could train them to hunt and fight and survive in less time, since she had less cubs to interact with. At least, that was his point of view.

Blue eyes glanced outside as the bigger cub spoke of outdoors. He tilted his head a bit as the sun cast funny shadows over the land, and he shrugged. "It's certainly not a bad day. Although we could use a bit of rain...it's getting dry." He was, of course, just repeating what he had heard his mother say countless times. He had no idea how the rains helped or hindered.

Natsuko-neko

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:57 pm
Kadin tilted his head then nodded. "True your mom doesn't seem like she would stick around." That thought made him want to make sure the other litter could stay with them if the leopardess decided to leave. He was fairly certain his mom would at least stick around. "But then she might surprise you." he added.

When the other cub agreed the day was pretty good Kadin got an idea. He glance back into the den at the others then back at Bwana with a grin. "Well I don't know about rain but how about we go on an adventure?" Not too far from the den of course but it was to nice of a day so far to stay inside.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 am
She might, Bwana thought to himself. His mother was full of surprises, that much could be said. He tossed his head a bit to get the tuft of hair out of his face before facing his half-brother once more. An adventure? Hmm....

Looking out over the savanna, he had to admit that staying in the cave all this time had been rather boring. They were only allowed to go out a little ways, but perhaps now that they were a bit older, they could search around longer.

"Sure," he said after a few moments of silence. "But we have to stay close to the cave. If your mother or mine calls out we need to be able to hear them." Bwana wasn't about to take any chances with their mothers. Even though Kadin's was kind and soft, he knew she could get very upset when her cubs wandered too far. His mother was quicker to punish, but also got very upset when they strayed.

He took a few steps out of the mouth of the den and glanced around, giving the air a cautious sniff. No funny smells...must be clear. "All right...let's go!"

Natsuko-neko
Sorry that took so long! My friend was visiting and I forgot about the tag oTL I'm back, though =D

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:13 pm
Kadin bounced to his paws and grinned when the other cub agreed. "Of course, don't want Momma to worry if we get to far anyway." He followed the younger male out and took a few sniffs of the air his self but it was mainly for practice since Bwana had already done so.

First things first there was a small tree that was leaning at an angle, only a few feet away from the den that he wanted to check out. "Lets climb up there and look around, then we can decide where we want to go next!"

SilverLutz
*Punts gaia for not showing the alert* Sorry about that, I only noticed you had posted after I looked through his rps ^^"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 am
Bwana had to hide his excitement as his den-mate joined him outside the cave. Even though he was rather serious for a cub, he was still young and curious about the world around him. Surely they were old enough to go exploring just a bit. He knew Kadin's mother would worry more than his own, but he'd probably get in trouble for roaming too far. Oh well...what was life without breaking the rules a bit?

He nodded at Kadin's idea as he spotted the scraggly tree. It was small and slightly bent, making it an easy target for climbing. "Okay," he said as he bounded towards it, claws scrabbling at the bark as he tried to find purchase. Finally he succeeded and began pulling himself further up into the branches. He got a bit higher onto some slightly unstable branches and paused before looking around them. There were rocks and other trees, and a little river not too far from the den.

"Let's go over to that river," he said, pointing with one paw which made the branch beneath him shake a bit. He regained his balance and pointed again. "You see it? Maybe we can practice fishing, or go swimming if it's not too deep or the current isn't too strong."

Natsuko-neko
Baaah Gaia y u do dis?

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 pm
Kadin didn't bother to try and hide how excited he was unlike Bwana. He practically bounced to the tree as they ran to it. The feeling of the bark was interesting as he dug his small claws in and climbed slower after the other cub. When the orange leopard went onto a branch though, Kadin stayed attached to the trunk at first then moved out onto a different branch that was a bit lower.

He quickly forgot about how unstable the tree branches were as he looked around. "I see it! Looks perfect for today." If there was a next time then they could explore the cool looking rock mound that was a bit away from the river.

SilverLutz
At least it worked this time <3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:46 pm
Bwana nodded slightly and turned to make his way down, but the flimsy branch gave out under him. He fell onto the limb below him, where Kadin was standing, and clung on to the thin branch with his claws. He heard a crack, though, and knew their combined weight would make it snap.

"Jump!" he yelped as he let go, falling down the length they had climbed. He landed on his feet but it stung, and he flopped onto his side with a grimace. Ow...stupid tree! He shook himself slightly and shifted to a seated position, looking around for Kadin. Had he fallen as well? Or was he still up in the tree?

He shook out his front paws which had taken the brunt of the fall, his toes and pads stinging quite a bit. He really needed to practice his jumping and landing. Obviously a bit more so than his swimming....oh well. That could be done another day. Perhaps his mother could teach him the finer points of tree climbing.

Natsuko-neko

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 pm
As soon as he heard the snapping of the branch, Kadin and turned his head to look up in worry for Bwana. When the other cub landed on his branch though he froze hoping the branch would hold. Unfortunately for them both it didn't and sent them both tumbling.

Kadin reacted as soon as Bwana shouted, jumping off the branch but unlike the orange cub didn't land on the ground and instead landed in a bush. "Are you alright?" Kadin asked as he started to squirm out of the bush. It had broken his jump but at the same time he had a few tiny scratches here and there on his legs and under belly.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 am
Bwana glanced to his left as he heard Kadin emerge from some thorny bushes, a frown forming on his face. As much as the other cub's personality rubbed him the wrong way at times, they were still brothers of sorts and he did care about his family a bit more than he would like to admit. Seeing the blood on his coat made him think twice about going on an adventure.

"I'm fine," he said as he got up, his paws still stinging, but not as badly as they had been. "But you're bleeding. C'mon...we should go back. Your mother won't be very pleased if you leave those cuts and scratches as they are."

Things could get very easily infected out here, after all. Kadin's mother would want to clean him up and make sure none of them were too serious. From the looks of it they weren't, but there was no way he was going to run the risk of getting in trouble. He was the one that had broken the branches, after all. Stupid tree...he was small. Those limbs were supposed to hold him without any problems.

Natsuko-neko

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:02 pm
Kadin's ears went low on his head as he thought of his mother's reaction if the cuts didn't get cleaned as soon as possible. "I guess we will have to have our adventure another time then." He shot the tree a pouting look then padded closer to Bwana. "At least it isn't too far from the den right?" he asked and started to walk towards home.

SilverLutz
Sorry about that, school/vacation made my muse go on strike for a bit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:23 pm
"Yeah, another time," Bwana agreed, frowning as he stuck close to his brother. He led the way back to the den, making sure Kadin kept up and wasn't limping too much. "You go lay down," he instructed once they reached home. "And just...try not to bleed on anything."

He moved away after that, laying down in the mouth of the den to keep an eye out for any trespassing creatures.

Natsuko-neko
Last post from me

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:50 pm
"Next time we really should go swimming." Kadin added with a bounce to his step, though whether it was from looking forward to their future adventure or if he had a cut on his paw that remained to be seen. "I'll be fine." He said but left to go lay down like Bwana wanted. And hopefully not get in trouble with momma later.

SilverLutz
Thanks for the rp <3

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces