The Dragon's Moon~ {Prp for Shijin and Amitola} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:17 pm
User Image

The night sky shined in exceptional brilliance. A full moon cast down on the land below, inviting all to come dance in it's glow. Joining in the evenings performance, a gentle fall breeze, that chilled the air ever so slightly. Perched on a short cliff, that looked out on the lower end of a clear mountain ridge, was Shijin. The night framed him perfectly. Both eyes shut, he stood perfectly still. His whiskers, and the ribbon strung stars, flickered here and there in the wind. Both wings raised up, as if to cup in the wind for a moment, before slowly stretching the two-toned leather skin to it's max length. These mighty dragon wings, then went as still as the rest of him.

The nights sounds tickled his senses, as he cleared his mind, and thought of no one thing in particular. An open mind, is a sound mind, ready to receive. He would remain like this, for as long as time decided. Meditation would be a close comparison to this state he was in. However, the strong stallion eagerly awaited for anything that would change his mind to go on a path of thinking. If nothing came along, then when he grew tired, he would thank the night, and return home.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:30 pm
User Image

Amitola had flew for an hour or so now before she became aware of her thrust, though she feared she already might be late for the night-stories that the two-footers told around the fire. She found the stories most interesting and informative and tried to make as many camp fires as she could. The sun was to long set and a detour would have to do. she could take care of her need of substance and maybe fill her belly and wait till the next night before her ears would be filled with the old crones voice.

The golden-maned mare took to decent while scanning the land below her. Her green eyes caught a small creek flowing past some trees and down a cliff face, making a small little waterfall. as she shifted her wings her eyes caught a star-light statue... no a stallion. the only thing moving on him seemed to be parts of him that caught the wind.

Amitola tried to land soundlessly, but it was never her strong suit, but her hooves always seemed to land like a tree crashing to the ground. Tonight was no different then any other landing. not very far from the stallion, easily in ears reach, but on the far side of the creek she landed, or well maybe stomped was more of a way to describe with the noise she made. a light blush crept to her face as she leaned her head down to drink from the creek

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 pm
Shijin listened as a new noise arrived in the night. It was approaching him, and growing louder. Without opening his eyes, he listened in carefully. The sound, was of soquili size, something in the air flying. This he figured out first. However, it wasn't a slow and methodic wing beat, with heavy wind gusts. Like the sound of his fathers wings for instance. No, this was a lighter sound, likely not of kalona origin either. The way the air swept under the wings, seemed to gentle to be a six-winged angeni, but didn't sound like any mere wind he had ever heard. He would of opened his eyes, to see the answer to the puzzle, had the sound not rounded in behind him.

There came a stomp of earth and hoof, and the ceasing of wind against wings, in quite a noisy display. Still, he did not move. It did not startle him, because he was already listening to the strangers approach. He waited a moment, in anticipation. If someone had meant him harm, that would have done so by now. Standing around with your eyes closed, had it's disadvantages against ill doers. The vibe around him, told him that there was nothing to fear, and his mood did not falter.

Studying the movements of his company, he listened as they stood silent, not moving at first. They likely didn't know what to think of his silence. He waited to see what they would do, speak, or fly off. If they did fly off, he'd peek at them then for sure. Then, there was movement, but not towards him however. In his brain, an eyebrow of curiosity went up, his actual eyebrow, still as the blank eyelids they framed. A tinkle vibration of sound went into his ears. They were drinking from the stream to his side.

Well, clearly, they weren't going to speak first. Did he want to say anything? It seemed right to do so, yes.

"Good evening, Night Flyer." only his lips moved.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:22 pm
Amitola really did not have words for the statue-stallion at first, she did not want to interrupt what he was doing but now that he spoke she knew he was not to deep in a trance.

"Evening to you as well." her voice soft but firm. Now that she was on the ground he movements were much more soft, the same as when she flew... it seemed only the mixture of flight and land caused her so much noise.

she moved her head, letting her hair rest more on he shoulder so the better to see the male in front of her. as her eyes looked him over it seemed he was not only standing in starlight, but made of it as well.

"Its nice to have a night as calm as this," she spoke again, "makes one able to fly by the stars and the moon" she was remarking on her being called night flyer. She never really thought of herself that way... she flew when it was needed, no matter the time, as long as the wind allowed it

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:38 pm
Ahh, a mare. That would explain part of her delicate movement through the air. Though the landing was far less feminine. "It is just as you say. Tonight's moonlit night, not only makes it easier to travel in the dark, but also a bit safer." He opened his eyes, and looked up to the moon, raising his face to it's light. He then looked back beside him, where his company stood. "With the amount of light in the night, it makes it harder for predators to be inconspicuous." By predators, he meant skinwalkers, and other flesh eaters. Mountain lions, and natural predators, weren't really a treat to adult soquili.

Shijin turned from his rigid stance, to face the mare. He stretched one wing down in front of him, with a swoop, and bowed his head. "I am known as Shijin. Thank you for making the choice to land here, and greet me." After all, it was the choice she made. She could have kept flying, and not stopped at all. He had to be thankful for the blessing of company.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:54 pm
The green eye'd mare blinked as the yellow eyes took her in. She bowed her head in return, "I will admit it was the creek that drew my attention. We musth thank those above who guided my eyes to this stream." there was a light smile on her face. Amitola, though still sad about missing the two-leg's story, was happy that she had someone to talk too.

"Unless the predators had a look like you, you seem to blend in with the night sky and the bright moon very well." Amitola had a smile on her face, it was not meant as an insult, just that he had the look of a beautiful night about him. "It seems the Moon has blessed both of us this night."

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:11 pm
Shijin gave a hearty chuckle, that seemed to ring out in the mountains before falling silent in the night. "Then you are in luck! For I am in fact, not a predator." he smiled warmly, then tucked both his wings behind him in a slow fold. "Though I am skilled at hunting and catching fish. One might say that I am unlike a predator." he hinted at one of his side hobbies.

"This night is proving to be most blessed indeed." By this point, he had looked over the mare in full. She was young, and quite beautiful. Beauty was not something that left him star struck and silly though. He found it to be no different than weather one was born with blue eyes, or in her case, a jade green. Plus, the answer to the puzzle, was that she was part angeni, and part kirin. This explained the way she had floated through the air with little sound. Not only was she kirin though, but of the newer breed, that had long spine like scales, instead of the smaller rounded ones, like his. He was part kirin, part wind, and part dragon himself.

Observations aside, details were still missing. "I do believe, I have not had the pleasure of knowing your name, Night Flyer. Unless I am to call you that, which is all the same to me." He turned his chin down to one side, in a polite fashion. If she did not want to share her name, he would understand in full.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 pm
the mare's ears fell back and the blush flushed across her face again, "I do apologize I meant to give my name to you. I am called Amitola." As she bowed her own head, "Its a pleasure to meet you Shijin."

After coming up from her bow she moved and carefully stepped over the creek moving closer to the stallion. He did glow in the moonlight, as if it was woven into his silver body parts. Amitola found him very pleasing, from the tone of his voice to his body. she could study him for a long time, just like a piece of art. He was bigger then she was yet she was not afraid of him.

"I have never been hunting or fishing. Most of my time I spend listening to stories." no matter if the stories were from the two-legged or the four-legged. stories of old or stories of one's life they all interested her. "Or looking out over the landscape" she did like to fly and look at the shapes and beauty that the earth mother provided them

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:02 pm
Shijin didn't mean to make her blush, but it was a refreshing reaction. Embarrassment is one of the stronger emotions, but for most, leaves as quickly as it comes. He reasurred her: "Amitola. Thank you again, this time, for sharing your name with me. It is a name that fits well for you." He was going to say with your beauty but was wise enough to know, that this would make her blush further. Most weren't as casual with such compliments. Making her blush once, was enough.

"Stories you say? And a bit of sight seeing? Sounds like excellent ways to enjoy life's time. I can relate to both. I listen to my father's stories as often as I can. He knows much, and I always feel enlightened when listening to him. I've also been learning to read ancient writings, that too tell stories. Have you ever been the story teller?" His eye brows flickered briefly, with interest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 pm
"I am glad you find it fitting, I am told it means Rainbow in the two-legged language." Smiling up at him "Does your name mean anything?"

Rainbow wings fluttered a little in happiness "Oh I believe it is. Though maybe not everyone agrees, but I am glad you do." The thought that he listened to hisfathers stories and wanted to learn to read ancient writings was unbelievable. "Wow writings. I bet they hold all kinds of stories for one who is able to read them. I want to be a story teller. If I ever join a heard it is the roll i would love to play, telling children stories that they can learn from." her ears twitched up with it all.

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:03 pm
"Yes! You do capture the spirit of a rainbow. Though, not only in the way you look, but in the way you carry yourself. And the way you speak of the things you enjoy. Very nice Amitola." he nodded in agreement with her names meaning.

"My name, is a story told to me by my father, that I will share with you. I will share as much as I remember however." His face lit up, pleased with the conversation they were having. Part of him voiced out, and he would have to make sure to ask, if he could meet her again after this. He also hoped she did find a herd one day. She seemed like a good soquili.

He changed his tone, the way his father did when telling a story, and began. He put emphasis on certain words, and spoke with animation in his enunciations. "Sì Shòu, or also pronounced Shijin..." he gave a slight head bow at the mention of his name. "...are a part of Chinese Mythology, containing four spiritual creatures. Each is assigned to a direction, with certain attributes, and elements. Two of which, are of import to my father, and the naming of one of his sons. My father believes that I am gifted with not one, but two of the Shijin. The first, being a white tiger kirin, and the second, a blue dragon. I am both the east, and the west. I am the spring, and the fall. And too, I am metal, and wood." He paused for a moment, almost striking a bold pose. Every bit of him looked proud.

He continued. "Each spiritual animal, is also assigned 7 Lunar Mansions. You may know these as constellations. My father has spoke the name of each to me, and I remember them all. They are the heavenly stars, that watch over us at night." He looked up, and winked at the stars, then looked back to Amitola.

"Now, keep in mind, this is all just a story. A story, that gave me my name." He chuckled with a deep musical tone once again. It felt a little awkward to tell one of his fathers stories, to someone he just met. Nothing but respect was present for his father. He didn't think about it before he spoke, and had never shared a story before. Much less to someone who not only wanted to be a story teller, but had spent much of her time listening to stories. He didn't need approval from her, but more hoped he did the story justice. It felt as if he needed to work on the way the story ended.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 pm
Before Shijin started to speak Amitola adjusted herself so that she could hear and watch his face as he told it. To the Golden-haired mare it was not just about the story, but it was all the factors the story-teller put into place that captured the essence of a story. As he began she watched him, the way the words flowed from his mouth. she did find herself looking at the starts when he spoke of the constellations, other wise her eyes and ears were all for him. Watched as he painted a story around her.

Shijin was not a bad story teller. He captured attention and donned a voice more fitting to the story. If anything the feel was more that he needed to do it just a bit more. Not that she minded, it was still entrancing to listen to and she was happy to be the one to hear it.

"Wow" she said when he was done, "It seems a lot to live up to, your name. But its still part of you, the story." a smile light her face, "I thank you for sharing that with me. I enjoyed it." She wanted to ask for more details, like what was the title of the north and the south, or their animals. But the mare held her tongue, she remembered he said he did not remember the whole story and these names may have escaped him as they did not pertain to his part of the story. She hoped to one day hear the full story but accepted that the re-telling you sometimes lost parts and bits. It was what made some stories fun, two versions passed down slightly different so you could almost hear a different one when it is retold.

Unsure of what to say after that story she just smiled at him, "Thank you again."

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm
"It seems you and I are both full of thank you's tonight." He smiled. "I think that's a good thing though." It easily is a good thing when two people can be polite to each other. Life is too short for anything otherwise. Shijin glanced up at the moon and stars. It still wasn't too late, for most soquili to be out and about. Though, the time of night never had any conviction for himself. It never felt early or late. The night, just was.

"Perhaps, one day I could hear a story from you. If we ever meet up again." She could even tell him a story now, but he wouldn't ever ask. He imagined that he could learn a thing or two from her, in the line of stories. If only his father wasn't deep in one of his slumbers, he might bother him to tell them both one of his grand stories of ol'. "What kind of stories do you normally listen to, or take interest in? Do you have a preference Amitola?" he used her name, recalling the social skills he had taught himself. Soquili liked it when you used their name. It made them feel as if they were a friend of yours. Even though he had just met the rainbow kissed mare, he knew she had potential of being a friend. First time appearances can be fickle, and some will mislead you, then turn crazy later. However, Shijin was an excellent judge of character. They wouldn't be having this conversation, if she wasn't of sound mind. He would of already lost interest and been on his way.

(And little do they know, a story was unfolding around the two of them!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 pm
Bowing her head respectfully she spoke, "Thanks must be given so that those who guide us feel it as well." Though Amitola did not put full stock into those who were not seen... Gods of a sort, she still felt one had to respect the fact that something out there did set some vague path for them all. How else was she to pick this cliff with this stallion? or maybe the one who set her off just a bit late to the fire-stories? Maybe there was no one, maybe there were as many as stars in the sky.

Amitola's face light up at the idea of telling him a story, "Oh I would love to tell you one. And I do hope we meet again, I am enjoying having this conversation with you, finding someone who has interests the same as mine." She knew there were others out there who told the stories and looked for them in the world around them, but its quite different when you actually meet and know a fellow story-weaver.

The mare bit her lip in thought, what was her favorite stories? It can be hard to chose, "I should think they are creation stories. ones about the two-legger's deities or how things became into existence. closely fallowed by stories told with art. the paintings that accompany a story are so beautiful and hold a story with in the story they tell. Though my preferred stories to tell are ones with morals and lessons." she nodded, knowing full well she could go on and on. Not that there was a story type she did not like.... more some stories that just did not fit well in her mind.

"would you want to wait till next time to hear a story?" her voice a little coy, which even took her by surprise, though she did not show it. "I-I could tell you one now if you like....?" her voice got a bit softer as she asked wondering if she was being a bit forward. it was most unlike her to press stories onto others.

dracoXK

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 pm
Shijin nodded his head up and down, in an excited fashion, his bangs and star ribbon atop his horn, flopping about. His mind was conjuring up a way to both have her tell him a story, and see her again at a later date. Something peeked his interest with her, and he wanted a chance to get to know her more. "Alright! I have an offering for you Miss Amitola." He looked at her with a firm gaze, locking eyes with her for a moment, and becoming still.

"I want both." he watched her face, watching her reaction. His face then softened up, and his head gesture became a bit more playful, as he grinned. He did enjoy a mystery, and felt his answer was a good one. He then gave her his explanation. "I'd like to see you again. I will pick the place, and the time of day. I will even provide you with a light lunch. You pick the date of the week, and come equipped with the story of your pick." He took a deep breath, till he could feel it reach max capacity in his lungs, then slowly let it go. "However, I would like a short story now also. I think it would be a fitting end, to this meet. I'll even fly you to your home, for safety. In return for keeping you this late."

He pranced one hoof on the ground, eager for her response. The thought of not one story, but two, with the promise to see her again, was a delightful thought. Sharing this place he thought of in his mind, excited him even more. Nobody had seen his work yet. When winter came, he intended to show Icefyre, his dragon father. He hadn't met anyone that sparked a desire to share it with them, up until now.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff