[PRP] Tea for Two [Stryke x Zariah]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 am
Bloodfest had been.....exhausting. But at least he'd dodged his twin at most points....if he'd spent the entire time with her it would've been far too taxing. She was a little too....exhuberent to keep up with. But at least he'd met some more....easy going trolls and hadn't spent TOO much time fussing over his twin and rather....bossy blueblood. Though...he WAS still sore about losing his collection of teas and herbs. It had taken quite some time and quite a few injuries running around Busthind for them....admittedly it....HAD been a little enjoyable to try every single plant on the mountain to find what would taste good....and it was fortunate his twin was out so often and missed the times he'd made himself sick.

Ugh, even the thought of those foul teas put the mental image of a lovely steaming kettle in his mind. The swamp plants hadn't been the worst....but he still hadn't found anything that would REALLY excite his tastebuds. Not like the spicy thistles he had back on the mountain....or the sweet petal drop teas he'd made back when he lived in Old Hemisect......ahhh. He could almost smell a sweet, rich kettle brewing as his imagination ran wild with his fanciful brews he made. But not....quite like one of his brews. Something....different. Something he HADN'T had before! Ahh, that was always exciting, a new brew...

Wait.....DID he actually smell tea?

leon_a_darkangel

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:58 am
Being back in Salamire Outpost was strangely the most relaxing thing he could have asked for right in that moment. Seeing anti Rebel slogans, and attitudes at some booths, along with his encounter with Kursha had actually been downright exhausting. He hadn't realized how he'd been feeling until he sat down and began writing in his drawing journal. A day or two back around the recovered village, and things seemed to be almost some semblance of normal. It was a feeling the troll could appreciate.

He hadn't really spent Bloodfest with anyone, besides the passing hello to Keionix and a few others like Tevini. The teen had largely kept to himself, while walking around keeping an eye on the younger trolls should they need anything. One exception was a few of the more tame booths that had been around. He'd left the orangeblood with the Sun symbol beetles in exchange for her tea goods. Especially the sweet tea, Stryke had actually been in 7th Alternian Heaven. His bag couldn't fit enough to last a life time, but he'd brought back a few souvenirs within reason at least.

Stryke had made an entire tea pot worth of the stuff, and grabbed one of his older favorite mugs. The thing was rather hideous looking, but that didn't stop him from using it. Sitting outside his reclaimed hive nestled inside one of the reclaimed trees his legs dangled over the edge to the ground below. It was early nightfall, and the fireflies had only just begun to dance and move about. Sighing he gave the liquid a curious sniff before taking a sip, lost in thought. He'd thrown in a few of the herbs he still had left from Chittentown, with the sweat tea mixture he'd acquired during this years Winter Bloodfest. Whatever the result it smelled good at least he decided.

He heard something...footsteps on the rope walk ways perhaps? Turning abruptly, looking for the source of the sound Stryke was confronted by a strange site. A troll that looked almost identical to Keionx..only they were smaller. "oh hello ther--...do i know you, or am i missstaken? i was certain you were taller keionx...wait you're not her..?" He looked a bit bewildered, really focusing as he squinted at the other troll. Even eyeing the other trolls symbol and color wondering if he'd drank something strange in his tea.

LordPocky

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:32 am
Being called by his twin's name had Zariah jump a little and flush. Ah.....yet another one of his twin's fans it seemed.....she really was popular. He offered a patient smile before shaking his head in agreement. Certainly not Keionx.

"Um....n-no," he demurred. "Keionx sh-should be back soon....I th-think," he answered quickly. Truthfully he didn't know what kept her, but perhaps she still had business with other trolls. He himself had plans to attend...such as packing a bag for a hike! It took him a moment to pause, almost walking away at that before he realized the smell came from the yellowblood, immediately perking him up at the thought. "Oh....a-are you interested in tea t-too?" he asked, trying to hide his own excitement at the thought. Kei didn't get his interest...she saw it as warm plant-water....but it was MORE than that! Ugh, she just didn't get it if it didn't have a sword glued to it! "Um...m-may I ask the type?" He hadn't smelled the brew before....perhaps he'd have to go elsewhere to find those plants! Boy....maybe he should just do a tour of all Alternia to find different kinds of plants to sample...

Zariah thoughtfully eyed the other teen, pursing his lips slightly. Had he seen the other around? He'd been a rebel for a long time but spent little time with them aside from when they were called together. He'd worried it would alert his twin when she seemed so proud to fight for the empress.....rather silly in hindsight...

leon_a_darkangel

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:25 am
Stryke's own patient smile was more apologetic than anything else for his initial confusion. It was quite obvious he was not Keionx, as he did not sound like his friend, nor share the same physical stature. Which wasn't a problem, it has just thrown the yellowblood off was all.For what it was worth, Stryke was mostly good with remembering other trolls. It had just been a strange turn of events to see not only sometroll he thought he knew, only for them to turn out not to be? What exactly was their relationship he wondered.

"hm? oh. that is alright, i was merely confused...i'm not sure if we've met formally? i've been with the phoenix movement for some time now. i feel like i've seen you on the field perhaps." He murmured thoughtfully with a curious look on his face. When questioned about his thoughts on tea, Stryke actually passed the orangeblood what appeared to be a genuine smile. "i love the stuff. more than coffee in fact!" Stryke replied with a bit of enthusiasm, did the other perhaps like tea as well?

Without waiting for a response, he indicated he'd be right back. The yellowblood excused himself, vanishing into his open hive door and quickly returning with yet another mug. It was slightly nicer than the one he was using, and had a decorative shape to it. He poured the other a nearly full cup. "i do have sugar inside, but this is already rather sweet..even for my taste buds." He admitted sheepishly.

"it's got two blends technically." Stryke explained, slipping the other the canister for the sweat tea, and describing the desert floral cactus flower he'd used to add another note to it.

LordPocky

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:46 am
"N-no....it's a r-reasonable con-confusion," he murmured, scratching his arms sheepishly. "Um....we're tw-twins.....h-her lusus kind of....l-looked after me af-after mine died," he added. He was well aware it was an odd concept that two trolls were raised by the same lusus....but living with Keionx and beastdad had actually been.....nice. They weren't around all the time since she was often out adventuring, but he actually....enjoyed having another troll to spend so much time with. Even if their interests really weren't similar in the slightest. "Ah....y-yea....I was th-thinking the same thing...I've b-been around f-for a while but um.....I'm....not the m-most social," he muttered appologetically. "I'm Z-Zariah though, it's n-nice to meet you."

Zariah's grin boldened, excited about a fellow tea drinker as he sat down near the yellowblood and accepted the offered drink. "Y-yes! Tea is m-much nicer than coffee," he agreed, growing more animated as they spoke. He sipped as he listened aptly to the tea description. He nodded excitedly. "Yes! It's quite nice, I love all different flavour profiles!" he said, breathing the scent heavily, it certainly was sweet, he tended to go for more neutral flavours with varying boldness (depending on his mood). "I have a trip planned to take up to B-Busthind to gather material for more tea, I w-would be happy to share some of the local brews I've made! I've lived in Old Hemisect and Busthind, so I've tried brewing many of th-the local plants. Old Hemisect had been safer, but Busthind has some very....unique flavours." Admittedly it may've been the lack of lusus swatting him away from dangerous plants, but it was interesting none the less. Zariah would take all the indigestion and vomitting for the beautiful brews he'd found.

leon_a_darkangel

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:58 pm
Stryke listened to the other, and how his response came out. His words were stressed, and his stammer indicative perhaps of a more timid demeanor. When compared to his twin was it he called Keionx and his connection? It was almost like night and day. Stryke recalled hearing about the phenomenon of twin grubs hatching from the same egg. He had suspected as such with the tealbloods he'd seen around during the time of the mothergrubs journey north. Now that the other troll mentioned it, he saw the similarities even if they were built physically different they were still eerily alike. "that does make more senssse, i'll keep that in mind. it's clear are your own troll." He assured the other as he took a sip of his tea.

Hearing his introduction he gave a small wave in a returned gesture. "ah it's stryke. it's nice to meet you formally." The yellowblood retorted, offering his name as he gestured at himself vaguely as he introduced himself. Listening to the other paitently Stryke went silent as the other troll talked about tea, and himself.

"i'm not sure i've had a lot of busthind blends? hm." He mused thoughtfully. "sure however, i'll trade some of mine as well." Stryke offered. His expression brightened a little at the mention of Old Hemisect. "i was raised there in old hemisect as well..before the place was leveled to the ground of course." Stryke's smile was almost whimsical, as he sighed ever so slightly. "and chittentown, so something new can't hurt." He settled for avoiding going into to many details with the other unfamiliar troll. For what it was worth, he seemed excited at the prospect of trying something new.

LordPocky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:52 am
Zariah grinned at the offer, he loved the idea of having another troll to enjoy tea with. Someone that seemed to have cultivated his own appreciation for the brew. "Y-yes, I would like that!" he said eagerly. "Busthind has some...interesting tastes, s-some I'm never tasted sw-sweeter, some actually....delightfully bitter or tart. I never imagined myself keen on someth-thing of the sort....but it made ad-adventuring Busthind much more....rewarding." Being stuck on the mountain felt more like an adventure than....well....sitting atop a mountain waiting for the knight to return.

"Ahh...I miss Old Hemisect it was.....n-nice. Um...I lived in an ab-abandoned amphetheater, m-my lusus liked the um....artsy....quieter air and....I guess I did too. It was.....it was aweful what h-happened to it," he said, saddening at the thought. "I was out b-before it went d-down but I kn-know others weren't so l-lucky....what was Ch-Chittentown like?" he asked curiously. He'd never lived anywhere with any sort of populace, both Old Hemisect and Busthind had been very quiet places, neighbors were few and far between. Busthind was usually not worth the hike to visit other locals.

leon_a_darkangel

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:22 pm
Stryke raised a brow, almost thoughtfully at the other troll as he replied with some degree of enthusiasm about the topic. In all fairness it was one Stryke found pleasant, so the conversation lacked any real pressure or strain. He shook his head at the bitter remark. "tart yes, bitter no. still that sounds really nice." Stryke chuckled, although it was easy to see how animated the other was. "adventuring hasss it's rewards...I'm learning that more as the sweeps have gone by. it makes the journey worth while when you reach your goals." He lightly drummed his fingers in a thoughtful manner on his cup.

"mm..i do as well. i try not to think about it too much...i lived near the shore on the other side of town, it was a shack but it was pleasant." He pursed his lips, not wanting to divulge into his past to deeply. Memories of the small, albeit cozy hive his lusus had first raised him in still was a sore spot. "chittentown was very noisy. my hive was a hole that lead down into a pretty decent sized area. i got lucky with my ticket they gave me for my move." Stryke rubbed the back of his neck slightly. "there was always trolls around..i'm not sure if i was a fan of that, or the desert sands but it became home for awhile." With that Stryke finished his tea before abruptly standing up.

"hm..anyway. one moment." The yellowblood ducked inside the hive he'd reclaimed here in Salamire. It was beginning to become more like home, but it would never be like either of the places he'd just described. Rather than dwelling on it, he returned with a few tea bags as promised for Zariah. Moving to where he was, he offered them out to him. "no rush on the return, but here." Stryke settled for a pleasant smile, hoping to redirect the topic off childhood without being rude to his guest as he did not deserve it. The other troll had been nothing but pleasant after all.

LordPocky
Sorry for the long wait! Ive been trying to wrangle my muse and get things owed out to folks

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games