Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure
[♥] Kokorogakure || Market District Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:51 am
[Image Coming Soon]

[♥] tab Kokorogakure tab [♥]
M a r k e t tab D i s t r i c t

______________A r e a tab D e s c r i p t i o n ||
tab Also known as the Façade by those who live within Kokorogakure, the Market District is the face of the village that the world sees. Here buildings made of wood and stone and brick are built for inns, taverns, and markets, fundamentals of trade and diplomacy, have been constructed to help the village interact with the outside world. Few things matter more than appearances in any negotiation, and what is life in a city other than a constant negotiation for survival? That’s the sentiment that was used to justify the expense here. Many shops lay empty, open for claiming and taking as long as a fee is paid to the Kokorokage, with a small share of the profits as tax to boost the local treasury. Those who visit will find many smiling faces and open minds, with the local bazaar, a street filled with open faced stalls for anyone to use, filled with different shops and inventory nearly every day.
tab In short, this is the Face of Kokorogakure.
tab What someone with enough inclination and hard work could discover is that the majority of “homes” have little to no life in them. Beds, storage, kitchens unused and maintained, with no sign of anyone truly calling this place their home. And yet every night the majority of the city slumbers, and would-be thieves find it increasingly difficult to locate their would-be victims.
tab Still, with the large number of storage warehouses and a constant flow of trade between local populations and the nearby towns it is difficult to find time to discover such things.

______________P o i n t s tab O f tab I n t e r e s t ||
tab • The Howling Sturgeon → Despite its rather colorful name the Sturgeon is a quaint, quiet inn on the north side of the village that serves as the primary place a visitor may lay their weary head to rest, and cry no more! Standing three floors in height with nearly twenty rooms to a flor the Sturgeon is built with a welcoming entrance with many portraits and other local crafts on prominent display. Chairs, couches, and other furniture meant for lounging litter this gathering hall with a large fireplace on one end to warm even the chilliest of nights. Known for hosting one of the most flamboyantly oriented performers known to the world, Sundance, the Sturgeon has the reputation of being rather noisy at least three nights a week! But none can match the safety, and security, bestowed upon those who stay their night here.
tab • Ouroboros → A rather crazy dive for those who want to drink and party, the Ouroboros is so named for the long, serpentine construction of the building that loops in on itself in what many recognize as the symbol for infinity. The section facing south is known for the partying, the dancing, the singing, and the stage performances by any Performer or Skald who is willing to put themselves before the public for entertainment. On the northside there is the true bar, where booze of many varieties are brewed and served to the public at a fair price.

______________N e a r b y tab L o c a t i o n s ||
tab Education District
tab Watchers Point
tab Civilian District
tab Gates

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
tab • Theft → Thieves and criminals earn their bread and butter here, where those who would converse and trade bring goods and coin aplenty. Any thefts should be reported immediately, and the one responsible apprehended if at all possible.
tab • Mist Wraiths → The police of Kokorogakure are all about whenever possible patrolling the different districts in a clockwise pattern that reverses every six hours. They are empowered to do as needed to keep the peace, so beware those who would break the law.

______________R u l e s // L a w s ||
tab • Vendor License → Once purchased a Vendor license is permanent. The purchase requires fifty [50] Ryo worth of materials or Ryo itself to be spent in cost, as well as a detailed written form that explains what sort of shop it is, what services are being rendered, and who the members of authority are in case of emergency or criminal actions being committed on the premises. The form must be brought to Water’s Point and provided to the secretary there before anything can be sold and a building claimed. Please note that these are not necessary if the shop is to be temporary at the Bazaar, but for any length beyond two [2] days of stay must be paid for with this purchase. Once purchased a twenty percent [20] tax is levied on the total day’s earnings. This is collected at sunset every night and sunrise every day. Skipping out on this will cause the license to be forfeit, any earnings made since entering the walls of Kokorogakure seized, and those responsible for skipping out whipped publicly. Furthermore, the price for purchasing another license is tripled. If at any time a license is lost the price of a new license is half [25 Ryo] if shown to have been lost without any knowledge of where it might have gone.
tab • Property Laws → Property may be purchased within this district for permanent residence but only if given express, written consent by the Kokorokage. Such ownership, the costs thereof, and the limitations of such will forever belong to, and be changed as desired by, the Kokorokage at their pleasure, with no previous forewarnings necessary by the aforementioned office to make a change.

______________C u r r e n t tab S h o p s ||
tab Kokuei's Wonderful World of Puppets
tab
tab
tab

”Royal Taorito”

[Editorial Log]
[Name] | [Date] | → [Short description of actions
performed]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:56 pm
Kokuei:

I walk out of my shop, intending to go gather resources, and began to whistle a merry old tune. I wander around, looking at the buildings, steering clear of the bar where that weird monkey guy performs he's not a bad singer but, he seems to want to romance everyone? Whats that about?

I meander about until I find a nice tree to relax under, deciding that a nap would be more useful to me right now than going out for wood and things. I can go out for that later. I'll just enjoy the weather now. Not like anything abnormal is going to happen, right? and I lean back against the tree.  

Arrow35

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sundance lounged on his spotted couch without a care in the world. Sure there might be a roach or two but he couldn't imagin being anyplace else. I mean earning his keep just by singing? He sang just for the fun of it and so of course he'd take a reward for doing what he loved. What more could he ask for? The monkey's hand absently brushed passed by the microphone that hung at his waist. I could think of one thing.. Shaking his head clear he needed someone or something to get him out of this funk. Maybe that good looking innkeeper would finally give in to his advances. "Ayyy where's my favorite BOSS at? I have a present for youuu." Sundance lazily called from the couch making a small scene for some of the other customers. This place was so dead sometimes it felt like his voice was the only one in the room. While he waited for the innkeeper to come to him the golden monkey munched mindlessly on some cookies that he found outside in the trash.

(Eating one of my Christmas cookies!! Lan! Tao! Don't you kill me!)

Lanfaer

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 pm
User Image
Power gives freedom from control and the pen of destiny to the author.
Power begets freedom, and I shall be the freest of them all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[M]onths had passed, and only once before has Hesrik felt so alive!
tab Months had been what it took to found this village, so humorously called the Village Hidden in the Heart. Baranara's decision, that, but one he decided to stick with after meeting a being who bore the same name for its species. Months had passed and humans had come, bringing with them their despair, their misery, and their hope. To say his parasites had feasted would be an understatement so great was their gluttonous display. So great that they had lost track of his actions, his thoughts, and his emotions. They knew not of the friendships he'd fostered, the alliances he'd one, the concessions so earnestly bestowed in favor of gaining ground. It wasn't until the very day the final brick was laid for Watcher's Point that they realized what they had let pass beneath their collectively metaphorical noses, and by then it had been too late to stick their ravenous appendages into anything. As such they had realized they'd lost, and in that moment Hesrik had risen once again.
tab Not nearly as powerful as he once was, but a damned good start.
tab Striding through the market district on a lovely spring morning the newly crowned Kokorokage walked about with the badges of his office, the symbol of Kokorogakure etched in bronze upon his breastplate over where his heart should have been and the ceremonial silver wrap around his shoulders, out on prominent display. There was no attempt to hide who he was for why should he? Was it not the privilege of those in power to be the focus of such adulation? Everywhere he went there were gestures of respect. He only need cast his eyes to the side to see a hand raised to a forelock, a palm to heart, or a curtsy. Another a bow, a wave, or a smile. It was good to be this again, to be what he once was before that b*****d Jiongu decided that doing what was right meant doing what was necessary!
tab Inhale, exhale. Inhale the joy, and exhale the aggression. He need not win, lest Hesrik let him.
tab Boots tapping lightly on the cobblestone as he continued his rounds of the many shops and people moving in and out of his village he kept his eyes away from his retinue who followed closely behind. He was no idiot, of course, and so watched them constantly, but their very presence almost ruined his good mood. Antoinette's decision, that, and one that he understood but despised. There was none within this village who could challenge him, not as the Bloodied Iron could have. Perhaps Baranara, but no other, and he was the Consul of War. Unless he wanted rulership there would be no reason for such actions, no gain to be had when, as promised, the former could override the latter. The point being that such guards were unnecessary, and in fact would likely prove little more than a hindrance if a fight broke out.
tab Well, if they died, at least they'd serve in other ways...
tab Sighing, Hesrik turned towards his favorite establishment, the Sturgeon, and was about to take a step inside when the voice of the sassiest, most worthless sack of flesh to grace his village rose from the depths of what once held so much promise as a place of peace. 'Sundance...,' skittered the name across his skull. A ruffian, a harlot, and a performer in one, the primate wasted his time like few could. Constantly innuendos always left with him chanting an incantation just below what it would take to kill the cretin and him still not getting the message! About facing, the Kokorokage instead made his way towards the gates, intending to check on his defenses while he had the chance.

With power, there is always a price.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

NecroPlant
Quote:

[ e x p ] 7500 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 720 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] ???

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am
User ImageUser Image

🌴"Cold: the air and water flowing, Hard: the land we call our home,Push to keep the dark from coming, Feel the weight of what we owe"🌴

Heading toward the gates coming from the gates before Hesrick could so much as leave he'd wumpum right into none other than the man of whom he had his mind on. Or...was it? He was carrying a rough estimate more than ten lbs of creepvine. As fate would have it the place in which it was to be delivered happed to be nearby. Head peaking from over the side of the large bundle. "Bohohoho also out Oregano? Is nice day no? Going to gate? Let Baranara say there was a sneaky one there. Aka need better eyes me think. Ah, but not his fault." Baranara would then unload his massive amount of greens at a nearby tailor who had full intent on stripping the fibers for twine. He'd yield ten lbs while keeping six lbs for himself tucking it away in sack. Handy to have when it came to sudden instances of binding required, out of everyone he was one who could certainly best put it to use. It reminded him of that crazed woman three months ago. Takira, where was she now he wondered? It would likely be best he start honing his strengths in whatever ways possible. Last thing he needed would be for her to return and suddenly be stronger than himself. Nay that would have been inexcusable.

There he would hear the sound of a particular person. Someone Baranara considered a pal. Hesrick loathed the man, thing, ape monkey but Baranara thought he was one of the best inhabitants to ever grace Kokorogakure. Maybe it was because there was an inherent connection between an appreciation for Banana's and monkeys also because any innuendoes went over Baranara's head so they never bothered him. While Hesrick very much wanted to leave to his unfortunate circumstance Baranara would grab the kage's hand. "Ba! Oregano! Why you no say hello! He call for you and you leave! Where is heart?!"

It likely wouldn't prove all that difficult for the muscular dark-skinned man to pull the frail drunk on pride kage. As he dragged him into the Sturgeon. There Baranara would raise his hand excitably. "Sun Dancing! How is you! Baho! Can you believe Hesrick not want say you hello! You have new song yes! Is okay if no but you know Baranara always love Brother Suns song!" This was Hesricks 'Consul of War' there was such a stark contrast between them it was almost painful. One of the few things they had in common was their respect for strength but everything else...ehhhhhhhhhhh. Blissful ignorance partnered with whimsy.

🌴This: The song of sons and daughters,Hide the heart of who we are,Making peace to build our future, Strong, united, working 'till we fall. And we all Lift, and we're all adrift, Together, Together.🌴

Chakra:125/125
    Stamina:280/325
    Ryo: 0/0 Exp:5,000

Lanfaer

Evanescently Magnificent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Oh for love of... This cookie is stale! Sundance threw the disappointing treat on the floor and watched with satifaction as it crumbled into dust. What kind of world was this where a man couldn't pull a free snack out of the trash and have it not be stale?! Oh just wait until Herisk heard of this! If fact he was going to see him right now. Or at least that what he would have if the son of a gun devil man himself didn't walk through the door with none other than then the coco love hunk Barana himself. Mmm now there was a man who
could tally his banana any day! Ahh but alas no matter how hard he tried Sundance never could pull him into his bed.. err couch. Even considering his company was still preferable to most in this rat hole.

Slithering off the couch Sundance called out. "WUB WUBBIN DUBDUB!" What a minute what the hell?! Was thst how he always sounded like? covering his mouth in utter confusion the monkey frantically looked,back and forth between the bar patrons as surely one of them must be playing a prank on him? Yet even now as he searched amoung their faces he found not an once of giggles, jiggles, or snickers. Taking his hands off his lips Sundance tested his singing voice "DUBBIN-" It wasn't going away at all! Panicking the monkey desperately ran to his friends pointing to his mouth trying to get help. "WUB WUB WUB!!"

Lanfaer

NecroPlant

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm
User Image

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[O]f course the plan to inspect the gates and avoid the rape monkey was all going to plan until his cohort in crime, Baranara, decided to make a greatly unappreciated and unneeded appearance that set not only all of his plans behind but threw his sanity into question. Being dragged into the aforementioned tavern was nothing short of a pain in the a**. Even as his feet were skidding on the earth as he attempted some level of resistance Hesrik was forced to withhold the other option he bore. Unleashing a variety of techniques, not withstanding the myriad of customs he'd already begun to create would have been trivial at worst, but that also meant showing what he could do to a variety of people who didn't need to. Establishing himself as the supreme authority within the village would have been simple in any situation, irregardless of anyone's desire to stand up to him, but that would have also put him in a rather unnecessary spotlight. There was little chance of anyone from his timeline knowing what his pre-form looked like but it would be incredibly reckless of him to take that risk.
tab Instead, he was being dragged towards the crazed sex idol of a monkey.
tab Who...Wubbed.
tab ???
tab There were no words to describe the sheer surprise and shock that the elder shinobi felt at the monkey blasting out what the young folk had called 'dubbed step' in his hayday. In fact, if all of his ancient enemies had come for him right then, and he had all of his ancestral powers, he still would have been struck from just how stunned he truly was. That lasted but a moment, however, before he stepped back from his comrade's grip and instead snapped out a hand and gripped tight Sundance's face in what likely felt like some sort of steel vice. Over his mask he stared at the panicking creature and felt...nothing, actually. Nothing for the most part. Incredulity of course, but panic? No. Only shock that once again he had fallen pray to sudden bouts of emotion that would have cost him his life in any other situation. Instead of allowing this to proceed he focused his gaze upon the primate and utilized the technique known as Kai. "Dorüs," he uttered quietly, unleashing the power of his technique into Sundance and shunting away whatever it was that affected him so much.
tab With a muffled, ethereal pulse the compulsion to speak only in pulse-pounding music would fade from the afflicted Sundance. Releasing him quickly and shaking his grip as if having touched something tainted, Hesrik looked over at Baranara with a small scowl. "You are quite ridiculous, Baranara," he began, tone disapproving but not antagonistic. "I was on my way to checking in with Akaho to ensure his shifts were working as planned when you arrived. I would assume the defenses of our village remain priority above cleansing an amorous primate of his more...boisterous tendencies."
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

NecroPlant
Evanescently Magnificent

[ e x p ] 7500 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 720 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] ??? x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] ???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:46 am
User ImageUser Image

🌴"Cold: the air and water flowing, Hard: the land we call our home,Push to keep the dark from coming, Feel the weight of what we owe"🌴

"Ho? Is good sound! This new song! WUBBU WUBBU DUBBU DUB! Ho HO!" Whimsical ignorance at the monkey's plight thinking this was some form of entertainment, moreover cementing why Sundances struggles to bed a Banana man was the case. His denseness was like that of a boulder. A prime yellow boulder whose ignorance was as heartwarming as it was irritating. Here in when Hesrick began to express his disgruntled dislike by calling the dark-skinned man of reeking tasty gold ridiculous. Like a husband and wife of many years, he'd go on to lecture Hesrick. "There you go again. Always busy busy man, you. Bad person come in, we punch bad person, is simple. Baranara crossing his arms would approach the likely shook Sundance helping him up if necessary. Inadvertently he'd be saying this to the monkey but really it was particularly directed at Hesrick seeing as he was pointing at him while doing so.

"This why he's no going find lady mate. Stick in mud they say. When last time he have fun. Maybe never. Brother Sun agree?" Baranara laid a pressure on Sundance to agree with him, although it was likely if he did agree he'd be facing a soul-shattering stare from Hesrick wherein if he did agree his eyes would say "I'll kill you later primate." or something of the sort. It was very likely this was just an illusion of choice there being only one real answer. "When was last time Hes have fun eh? Let all have fun yeah, is good day no?" It was here that Baranara's arms would extend toward Hesrick raking him in with Sundance as the two of them were brought close with himself in the center of it all like a group. A smushed together uncomfortable levels of close kind of group. "What better way have fun than with hunt! We go out, hunt big game BROTHERS."

Everyone in this village was considered Baranara's brother or sister. Not genetically of course but culturally speaking Kokorogakure was his tribe, its inhabitants his tribesmen and women. It took a lot for the man to hate a person. So long as a person didn't do something inherently 'bad' they were ultimately seen as good. Actions over words as they say. More or less it was like the world was approached through a naggingly painful look of optimism, as opposed to realism. In fact the only time the man seemed 'real' was in a bout or on a hunt. Anytime else it was hard to believe this was a founder of a nation, Yet it was in this stupidly optimistic aura others found solace. He played the role of the BIG MUSCLE. The brawn to compliment the brain, a boisterous charisma to shine while a duplicitous one could remain in the shadows of that light.

🌴This: The song of sons and daughters,Hide the heart of who we are,Making peace to build our future, Strong, united, working 'till we fall. And we all Lift, and we're all adrift, Together, Together.🌴

Chakra:125/125
    Stamina:295/325
    Ryo: 0/0 Exp:5,000

Lanfaer

Evanescently Magnificent

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 pm
User Image
GREY xxxxx
In matter of moments, Grey had expertly weaved her way through the crowd at the gate and was now in the city proper. Once free of the clutter, Grey's pace quickened until she was out of immediate eyeshot of the guard at the gate. With a quick pivot of her heels, Grey would whip around from the main street into the shadowy protection of a nearby alley where she would then drop her genjutsu.

Her cover had now been exposed, or at least as exposed as one could be when hidden in a dimly lit backstreet of a busy city. Even without the technique, she was still just as invisible to any suspicion. After all, invisibility was just a matter of perspective. One could be truly invisible and refract light waves around their being to mask their presence or one could simply be so unnoticeable that it was as if they were masked from sight without actually being hidden. In this case, Grey's invisibility came in the form of a crowded market square live with the hustle and bustle of the everyday shopper. As long as she kept her composure and didnt draw attention to herself, no one would have any reason to suspect she was out of place.

Once fully integrated into the market, Grey began to take in the sights as she followed some unseen force which seemed to pull at the very fiber of her being. For as alluring as the market stalls' flashy displays were, something on the air made it almost impossible to focus. Ah... that explained it. Just as she had hoped, everything was revealed at the end of her short journey. Before the little fox stood a streetside stall with all manner of fried delicacies. Only problem was, Grey had no immediate cash on hand. Hmm... how to go about this?

General Info

Quotes:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

It was about this time that fear started to seep it's way into Sundance's mind. His friends had no idea what he was even saying anymore and what would happen to his singing career! Or WORSE how could he possibly pick up all his lovely companions?! His wooing days were all cut short all in one swift chop from the cruel blade of life. "DUB-ookies!" Abruptly the monkey man stopped mid sentence surprised for once by the sound of his own voice. "What the..?" That was when the realization dawned on him, Hesrik had saved him. Oh wonderful, sweet, kind, and loving Hesrik had saved him from a lifetime of never being able to talk or sing again! Oh I knew deep deep deep DEEP down he really DOES love me! Stay strong Sundance! You can't cry in front of potential audience now. Despite this thought he still found himself lifting a paw to wipe underneath his glasses while simultaneously snuggling so close to Baranara that the smaller monkey could practically suckle off his n****e. "You smell really good Baranara. I think that might just be because I'm hungry for fruit though." A small sniffle was banished from his voice with a cough. "But yes! Brother Sun very much agrees! Hesrik you remember the story of the little piggies wiggies?" Without giving him a chance to respond Sundance showed him his paw, wiggling all his stumpy little fingers. "All the little piggies all had fun and wiggled with each other, except for..one..little..piggy. You know what happened to him? He ended up alone right up until he was taken to the butcher's shop and no one remembered him." To emphasize his point, each of his fingers paired up leaving the little pinky was left all alone on the side of his hand. "You don't wanna be all alone do ya? You should live your life and at least find a companion! Who knows maybe you'll find some fun-" Sundance looked around the bar quickly trying to find at least one not so grubby patron but found his quest lacking. "Err rightvoutside these doors!"

Lanfaer

NecroPlant

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

Arrow35

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 pm
SB5K

Kokuei:
In the midst of a very pleasant dream, I am awoken by a very firmly placed foot in the middle of my face. WHAT THE ********! I find myself on my feet and running after this little menace that stepped on my face. As I bolt after this menace, I realize what I thought was a cat appears to be a bit more....interesting. Is that a....Scorpion Cat? I suppose we are where the notorious Kirigakure used to be so I should expect weird. But still, this seems more unusual than it should.

As I find myself leaping over a small vending cart thank goodness I got some of my ninja abilities back in pursuit of the cat....thing, a posting from a local missions board comes to mind mentioning just such a creature being wanted. Perfect. I'll catch you and get some money and favor with the Kokorokage! Now lets get serious!Still in pursuit, I weave a couple signs and activate my Chakra strings {-5 chakra}. The green strings begin to appear on my fingertips as I look around me for something to bind them to.

As I round a corner onto the next street I recall a basic puppet finger I had made months ago and kept in my belt this whole time. I pull that and my twine out of my belt and pack respectively. I attach the twine to the finger and put my chakra strings to various points along the finger and twine, then get ready to throw the finger at the cat.

I round the next corner after the cat, and find myself chasing the cat, which to my chagrin is pulling ahead, through an open air market. Damn, must have gotten farther away than I thought I continue to chase the miscreant but it keeps pulling ahead of me, more and more. You won't get away from me! It rounds a corner and goes in front of a stall. Dropping my arms to my side, I activate my jutsu (Suiyaku Kaze) and launch myself over the cart. I launch and roll, manipulating my puppet finger and twine ahead of me to tie the cat up, and instead of a cat, I find myself looking at a humanoid Fox....

Get....GET out of the way! Watch out! I find myself shouting as I try to change my trajectory and avoid landing on this person.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 pm
User Image

tab
f eye rolling became an international sport than there would be no better training ground than in Baranara's presence. Did he really need to explain to the fool just what it would take for someone to find romantic attraction in him? Setting aside the corpse-like appearance, his obsession with hiding himself, and the visage he bore of a reaper, Hesrik was a Jiongu, a member of the undead. Mating would never happen even if he wanted to, and romantic interests? What point did they serve other than to weaken his resolve and desires, distracting from the all-consuming goal of obtaining ultimate freedom? None. None at all. Though he would never begrudge another deciding to place their lives in the hands of one, or more, lovers it was simply not for him. Not before, not now, and not ever.
tab Something Baranara knew well, since they'd talked previously about it.
tab Sighing internally as the primate decide that in thanks it would lean back, flirt with the stoically amorous Baranara, and then begin to utter what must have sounded to it like a parable of great and awe inspiring wisdom that did nothing other than make Hesrik reconsider letting the idiot live a moment longer.
tab Flesh~
tab The word spidered across his skull for a moment as the word was chorused by an infinite number of voices within his skull. Hunger was clear in their tone. Hunger, and warning. In response to his emotions they stirred up once more, feeling it as an indication that a feeding was fast approaching. The reality was that nothing had happened during the three months to get him any closer to increasing the number of hearts within him. There had been opportunities, of course, had he chosen to partake in a wanton slaughter of the innocents within the village, but that was surely a fantastic way to usher in the new world, with a field of corpses! No. It had been barren despite his many promises, and for that one moment he considered that maybe, in Sundance, he had a solution.
tab But no. Baranara would turn against him in an instant, and that wouldn't do.
tab Yet.
tab Instead of responding vocally to the mentally deficient miscreant the Kokorokage turned his gaze to Baranara and responded to him instead. "In point of fact I have no desire nor need for a lover," he began, turning his head to look back out towards the exterior. "And had you not thrust me into this predicament I would have been outside where such things might be possible." He was referring to the hunting of course. Though he did go from time to time Hesrik mostly stayed within the city, nose deep in an ancient tome or practicing some sort of new technique. In the face of such things, which were the basis of his power, he would be a poor ruler indeed. "If you wish to come with me I do not mind, but I seek to test our defenses and ensure that any who enter are, for lack of a better word, truly secure."
tab
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

NecroPlant
Evanescently Magnificent

[ m o o d ] Aggrivated x|x [ h e a l t h ] ??? x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] ??? x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Slipping

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 pm
User Image
GREY xxxxx
Grey's eyes twitched, darting in the direction of the call of alarm almost before it happened. The young fox's tail briefly lashed to and fro, shifting her balance as she tumbled to the left of the assailant. Recovering her stance, Grey would bare her teeth at the attacker as her amber eyes pierced their very being. Her right, bandaged hand was held outwards in an obvious offensive manner and her left was tucked behind the small of the girl's back, gripping onto one of the knives she kept hidden away. As much as she wanted to flee, her fighting instincts were primed and ready and rearing to go. Who knows, maybe this person would make a good meal.

General Info

Quotes:
Arrow35

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:56 pm
User Image
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... xxxxxxxxxx They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.
Funny how history ends in an instant, how something so close can end up so distant.

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx C - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R U K Y O

[x] Thankfully, I got to avoid the disconcerting tower altogether for the moment. Kagerou and Nozomi both broke off to do their own things, leaving me to do... something. I wasn't exactly sure what I was expected to do while waiting, but it was what it was. It gave me time to think of what supplies I personally needed instead of worry where Kagerou was. Then again not having her in sight for the first time in three months was somewhat anxiety inducing, because it meant I couldn't keep her safe. I knew she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself but I couldn't stop the concern from blooming as I moved between the shops.

A general store caught my attention, being the place that would probably be the most useful to me. I needed to get some tools to actually be able to fix anything with. I'd chosen a path this time around that could help restore the world to what it once was but hadn't actually done anything in the pursuit of it due to lack of supplies. And another sketchbook would be nice, though paper was probably still scarce. I headed in regardless, not exactly thrilled with the concept of interacting with another human on my own.

The shop was pretty well organized, with a variety of items as expected. I supposed they were a little more prosperous than I'd thought, especially after only three months. But, I supposed if the place was run well and people combined their knowledge, a lot could be accomplished in a short time. Shelves were filled with anything from packaged foods to tools to miscellaneous objects that weren't particularly useful to me in travels. However, I did manage to find a sketchbook, a bundle of useful tools, and a few packaged meals--I assumed since they were just sitting on a shelf that they wouldn't spoil quickly. Satisfied with my collection of items, I made my way over to the counter.

The shopkeep was young, maybe eleven or twelve, but he was tall for his age. The opposite that I had been at the same age. Actually, I was fairly certain I didn't reach his height until I was maybe thirteen or fourteen. Regardless, the blue eyes and black hair reflected my own appearance in a weird way, as did the look of boredom that he gave me. Placing my selection down on the counter, I couldn't help feeling a twinge of annoyance at the lack of interest he expressed. I always hated seeing myself in other people, probably because I hated the way I was even though I didn't do anything about it. I shoved my items forward slightly and the kid finally sighed and looked at each. "Okay, this is, like... four hundred ryo total."

Oh, right, money was actually becoming a thing again. I hadn't taken that into consideration since, before we left the Abodes, the system had still revolved around bartering. Maybe they still accepted that? I flipped open my satchel and dug around in it in search of something I wouldn't need. Which ended up being a scroll bearing a single technique that I'd found at some point. Scrolls were rare and, therefore, fairly valuable. It was a Katon technique, though, and seeing as I apparently didn't have fire as an elemental affinity anymore, it was useless to me. I held it out to the merchant.

The boy looked down at it, and then back at me. "What? Cat got your tongue? Is that why you're not talking to me?" Given his expression, it wasn't a sincere question, though it was hard to tell in general from the deadpan look he gave me.

I just stared back at him for a long moment, holding the scroll out in front of me.

Finally, he sighed again and took it, opening it to look. There was a small widening of his eyes, a spark of surprise, and then it was gone again. "This is actually pretty good. I'll give you eight hundred. So after all this, that leaves four hundred." Fishing the coins from a pouch behind the counter, he placed them in front of me and stepped away, behind a curtain were he could store the scroll.

During his absence, I stuck my new supplies in my bag and pocketed the coins before heading out. A bit of ryo would be useful for future use anyway.

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

Techniques Used:
✤ [Prepared] Sumi Yusou no Jutsu [Ink Transport Technique] - C
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with chakra-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of Chakra, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

[ e x p ] 7825 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 [+400] x|x [ c h a k r a ] 495 / 495 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 335 / 335

[ m o o d ] unsettled x|x [ h e a l t h ] fine x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] none

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.  

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items