Welcome to Gaia! ::

❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringmaster Fanguild)

Back to Guilds

Enter the tent and enjoy a wide variety of fun in the world of Gaian circuses! 

Tags: Ringmaster, Ringleader, Role Play, Circus, Cirque du gothique 

Reply ❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)
♦ CHAT ♦ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 606 607 608 609 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 pm
t h e C a r d M a s t e r

DAMN CARD YOUR AVATAR IS ******** KAWAII AS HELL MAN.
No, really. It's adorable. Keep it. Forever.
Also, my avatar looks like it's gonna kill the little polar bear in the header. ;A;

&& I know right? I had very dark days when I was young. xD

Ahhh. I hate papers. :c I'm almost done with my last essay. Dx

Nice! No more finals?
&& True, true. I can never get away from a site for too long. ;__;

RoxyChick2003

That sounds... oddly adorable. ;w; And sad at the same time. I want to hug them. I think I will hug them.
& I know right? Like I actually found out a lot of issues with Iyokou and Mrs. Puppett thanks to this guild and now I can work on them, you know? I never thought about how to work with Mrs. Puppett's telepathic abilities and such. And my two oldest characters (Ricco and Tsumetai) have essentially evolved with RP. :3 As long as the parties are willing to compromise and improvise, I think it can be very effective.

&& YES. Sometimes the normal characters are the best. They're easy to relate to and I dunno, sometimes people can work more with the personality rather than dealing with the technicalities of superpowers or something. But I personally like both supernatural sort of characters and normal human characters. Both can be super awesome, and both can go HORRIBLY HORRIBLY WRONG. xDD

I KNOW RIGHT? It's... really hard to make a decent fan character. Almost impossible. I won't say completely impossible since I've seen some cute MLP OCs and Bleach OCs (Believe it or not. I could hardly believe it myself), but it's damn hard because most of the fan characters are just copies of another. And... it seems a little cheap to take someone else's storyline. xD

@Sil: Then let's revive the roleplay. o3o We have lots of time thanks to winter break. I think a lot of us died due to school. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 pm
Miss Maeko

DAMN CARD YOUR AVATAR IS ******** KAWAII AS HELL MAN.
No, really. It's adorable. Keep it. Forever.
Also, my avatar looks like it's gonna kill the little polar bear in the header. ;A;

&& I know right? I had very dark days when I was young. xD

Ahhh. I hate papers. :c I'm almost done with my last essay. Dx

Nice! No more finals?
&& True, true. I can never get away from a site for too long. ;__;

KAWAII AS ********.
Legs are still bothering me. :/ I don't have anything remotely girly for the feet.
Lol. Screenshot it for me. <3

Shh!!! We shall no longer talk of the dark ages.

Oh it's a group assignment, so I just have to polish up my part. c:

Uh.. I have a chem one tomorrow.. Hm.. I should study.

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 pm
Silent Cartoon

God I wish we could actually get Cirque to LIIIVE

LIIIIIIIVE.

Because you have no idea how bad I'm wanting/needing to play Sil. The only thing I've really gotten to do with her is work on her own story, since she doesn't have a part in my main roleplay. ;A;

We're ready. We just need like a plot generator or something. =w=
Aaand maybe talk where in the story we are considering a lot s**t already went down.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm

YES. YOU KAWAII.
&& They look alright to me. o3o Most of the leg mods for girls just look... deformed. xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's like COMMEEEEE TO MEEEEEE xD

Lest the sues come for us... ;A;

Oh, good! ^^ As long as the rest of the group is being productive, then being in a group can help a lot. :3  

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 pm
Miss Maeko

Wasn't really aiming for leg mods, but any shoes that made the feet smaller.
Issue with guy feet is that they're so ******** huge. XD

Excellent. CONSUME THE BEAR.

Shh... They can smell unoriginality.

Oh man. You say it.
Hate groups that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm

True, true. Hmm... I don't know of a lot of blue leg mods to be honest. o__o There's the Maltese Tigress?

THE POOR BEAR NEVER SAW IT COMING.

They'll smell it, and soon, soon you won't even notice until the screen goes black and you hear them from all sides of the world.
Become one with us

I know right? Like... I've been in so many groups where I'm the one stuck with doing all the s**t and it's like... don't you care about your grade? Even a little?  

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 pm
Miss Maeko

Eh. I'm done. I realized I even had a waist mod equipped. XD

LOOK AT ******** CUTE IT IS. AND YOU'RE GONNA EAT IT.

Or worse.. They come in drones and chant "my OC is better" "my OC is prettier" "my OC is smarter"

I've never really been in a bad group where no one worked.
At worst, there was one kid who slacked off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 pm
Miss Maeko

You may hug him XD I don't think he'd be adversed to it.
Just as long as you have a basic idea of what you want the character to be like, getting them to react to different situations is a great way to make them more solid.

I've seen too many that have gone horribly horribly wrong. DX
The worst part about super magical characters is that most people that use those characters want to put them through pain, so they make them unrealistically weak when the situation calls for it. It's irritating. I can stand a strong, independent character until they need to be saved all the time. That just doesn't make sense. In many cases my characters just stop caring after the third kidnapping. Sure, the rper gets ticked at me for deserting them, but really, if their character is so strong, they should be able to save themselves.

Too many times have I seen a half-dog-demon in an Inuyasha rp. Way too many times. When a human character came in, or a malicious demon character, I was downright impressed. I usually used to roleplay as Inuyasha, so it was very annoying to have six dog-demon girls pining over me, especially since I already had a love triangle to worry about. Just basically had to say "Screw love quadrangles! I'm in character! Point me in the direction of Kagome or Kikyou!"

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

xD Oh man. Poor Card. The male base is a b***h to work with.

I CAN'T HELP I'M ADORABLY MONSTROUS. T___T

OH NO. Dx Or... "Your OC can't hurt my OC... my OC has a power to prevent exactly that..." "My OC is JESUS >:C"

Ah, you are lucky then. I always get stuck with the slackers. Dx

RoxyChick2003

YAY! And I know right? It's fun. xD That's what I enjoy about RP.

Yeah it's like... "oh ____ has this power and this power and this backstory that's SO DEPRESSING but they got hardened up because of it and they also acquired this magical weapon of god and this and this but OH NO HOT BAD GUY?! BETTER CALL DAMSEL IN DISTRESS!!!" It's like... wait what happened.

Or if there's even a chance the character would be beaten by another... OP SUDDENLY THEY'VE GOT THEIR SUPER JESUS KICKING POWER BACK WATCH OUT. o___o I've been with SO many of those characters. xD And I've been kicked out of RPs before for not catering to their neverending romance/white knight demands.

Oh man. The half x thing is so overplayed. It can still be done well, but when "oh I'm 1/4 dog and 1/4 cat and 1/4 fish and etc etc" I get a little bit worried... At least have them deal with the downfalls of being part something or other. Like if you're part fish or dog like... idk maybe you need a fish bowl to carry around or like idk chase after cars. SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Just DON'T be that one guy with all the good stuff and none of the bad stuff. xD

Oh god that's terrible. I'm sorry. Dx Sounds more like a love web to me. A HAREM. RUN, INUYASHA RUN. && I used to love RPing as Sesshomaru and stuff. =w= Or the bad guys. In KHR RPs I'd be Belphegor or Mukuro. Ain't nobody got time for psychopaths. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm
Miss Maeko

Usually? Not really.
It's only because I'm aiming for something more girly this time.
The big feet actually fit better when using boots to give them an actual boot look.

Oh God. XD I can't tell who's worse. The creator or creation.

I usually take honors classes if possible.
If not, then those classes don't have group projects. <3
OR. I just slack off with them because it's my slacker class. XD

I remember I had a character who was half x, quarter y, eighth z, sixteenth... It just went on forever, just halving the previous. He was such a joke character.

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Thank you for the RIG! ;w;

I always have a hard time with them. xDD I'm like male base impaired.
Yeah, male feet look really well in certain boots and even some leg mods look way better on the male base than the female. Same with claws.

Often they're one in the same. xD

Nice. So far the classes I'm in haven't required a whole lot of group stuff, and the groups I'm in are helpful enough. Just enough slacking, just enough working. ;w;

Oh God, I hope it was a joke. rofl It's like "oh I want my character to be x but I also want x and x and x and x and x and xyz!! I'll give them ALL OF IT" emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 pm
Miss Maeko

Wha.. Thanks for the anchor. O:

Oh man. True dat about the claws.
Lol. Go make a male base avatar.

Shh.. Why do I keep on venturing into the shadow lands.

Oh, he was like the side character in my head story.
He literally started off as a green-skinned red-head. Like human red-head, not anime red-head. Small pet-peeve that there isn't a way to signify a literal anime/dyed red-head.
I made him part pixie, but that didn't make sense because he was regular-sized, aaand I kept on adding stuff to his family tree for shits and giggles.

RoxyChick2003

Super magical creatures are hilarious though. Especially when they're OP.
Though, it helps if you don't take those roleplays seriously.

I don't know.. I feel as though I have to make some of my OCs go out of character for the sake of a story because some are just so ******** passive.
Alex would be the greatest example if you just forget about the ******** battle, which I did because I was bored.
I can't have a strong character in roleplays because there are already too many strong personalities usually.
In Cirque's case, Alex is actually normal. I think there're too many passive characters in our Cirque roleplay. I mean, aside from crazy spirits and demons with ambition, no one else has any sort of ambition related to the story.
We might have to address that bit when we do revive the roleplay because it's a serious issue if we want to progress in terms of story and action.

Oh man. Half-demon in any roleplay. They're hilarious.
I'm pretty sure a lot are influenced by Inuyasha, but it's like they completely ignore a large part of him. That he's rejected from both the humans and demons.
Characters in general who have so many characteristics of the main protagonist in a ******** shounen series are just a ******** mess in general. I'm ranting, but oh well.

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Sure thing. c:

I'll make one on tektek. xD

Because it is so fun to dance on the line. ;D

That sounds entertaining. xD Especially if he's just like "wow what the actual ******** am I" LOL. && Huh... I suppose "dyed red" and "natural red" would have to do for now, but with anime, you never ever know. Ever. D: THE CARPET MUST MATCH THE DRAPES. AND IT IS HORRIFYING IN SOME CASES...

EDIT: And I agree with the whole ambition thing, like... I dunno, not a lot of people's characters had a purpose to the story, or even could really do much if they weren't magical in some way or another. Just my 2 cents though. xD It seemed heavily reliant on few people and then not reliant enough on others.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm
Miss Maeko

Lol. I always find it interesting when people make male-base avatars.

Oh he was more like huffy-and-puffy when people don't "properly" introduce him with his whole half and half and half and half. XD
BRIGHT BLUE. That was the worst I ever came across.

I don't think being magical really mattered.
Uhm.. Let's see. From Noire, Sin, Yoyo, Eli, Twist... Those're the only ones that come to mind for now.
Magical would have Sil, Ace, Alex...
I feel like I'm missing a lot of characters, but I just don't remember them.

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Silent Cartoon
Captain

6,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Heyheyhey. Half demons can be good if you do them correctly. One of my roleplay pairings produced a demon/demi-god and so it's ******** NASEER you're like...this..walking...cliche roleplay prompt. How do I make sure you don't suck?

And yeah that was a huge issue with the roleplay. But I have no idea how to balance that out. The roleplay ended up having a lot more players than I really had experience working with before, so I feel like that was majorly my fault lksjdf.

❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 606 607 608 609 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games