Welcome to Gaia! ::

❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringmaster Fanguild)

Back to Guilds

Enter the tent and enjoy a wide variety of fun in the world of Gaian circuses! 

Tags: Ringmaster, Ringleader, Role Play, Circus, Cirque du gothique 

Reply ❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)
♦ CHAT ♦ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... 606 607 608 609 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 am
Miss Maeko

I don't know???
It's more like they aren't used to recognizing a sequence of sounds that aren't common in the English language.
So they just try to pronounce without even hearing themselves to compare?
Huh.. Nevermind. That does sound like being tone deaf. XD

Yeah. Psy came on Ellen. Britney and Ellen learned the dance from him.

It's the dad from Invader Zim. ;O
That was the image I was thinking of.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 am
t h e C a r d M a s t e r

LOL, I guess either way they just can't pronounce the words correctly. .___. I guess I didn't realize how hard it is to pronounce? >A>; I figure if you listen to the song you could hear the difference, but I guess not to some people. o__o

&& That's pretty cool. xD Britney?

Ah, I was thinking of that one post on tumblr with all the science gifs from Iron Man. xD  

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm
Miss Maeko

Lol. It's hard. Ever tried teaching someone bits of Korean?
Like there are like hidden h sounds or a more drawn-out breathy tone everywhere that is hard to emphasize to non-Koreans. XD

Yeah. Britney. You haven't seen it? It's on Youtube.

I don't get that gif though..?? The one that you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 am

True. Though it's weird, a lot of people I know don't have a problem pronouncing most of the words, at least the more simple ones. But yeah, it is hard. xD Though I figure Gangnam should be relatively easy to pronounce... I mean... I don't know any Korean and I can pronounce it just fine. ;A;

I should look it up. After homework. >w>; Who is Britney?

Oh it was part of a gifset I can't find anymore. >>; It was a bunch of gifs saying SCIENCE from Iron Man 2 like him actually doing science and then it devolved into things like him smashing a wall and then this which is really just him driving a mini landscape in his car. LOL  

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 am
Miss Maeko
True. Though it's weird, a lot of people I know don't have a problem pronouncing most of the words, at least the more simple ones. But yeah, it is hard. xD Though I figure Gangnam should be relatively easy to pronounce... I mean... I don't know any Korean and I can pronounce it just fine. ;A;

I should look it up. After homework. >w>; Who is Britney?

Oh it was part of a gifset I can't find anymore. >>; It was a bunch of gifs saying SCIENCE from Iron Man 2 like him actually doing science and then it devolved into things like him smashing a wall and then this which is really just him driving a mini landscape in his car. LOL

Maybe you're used to it?
I don't know.. Maybe a lot of the celebrities mispronouncing it makes other do the same?

Britney Spears. Sorry. Should've clarified.

Lol. Oh yeah. XD
There's like one or two with just him with a hammer, right?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Maybe, it's interesting, I suppose. o-o
&& True, maybe people just figured it was the same sort of pronunciation and didn't really give it a second thought? Idk. Oh well. xD

Ahh. xD Wow I did not know she still did stuff like talkshows and whatnot. owo; I haven't seen her in awhile, then again, I haven't really been watching tv... derpp

Yeah there's one where he's lifting some pipes, he's smashing a wall with a hammer, and then the driving the car one.  

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:02 pm
Miss Maeko
Maybe, it's interesting, I suppose. o-o
&& True, maybe people just figured it was the same sort of pronunciation and didn't really give it a second thought? Idk. Oh well. xD

Ahh. xD Wow I did not know she still did stuff like talkshows and whatnot. owo; I haven't seen her in awhile, then again, I haven't really been watching tv... derpp

Yeah there's one where he's lifting some pipes, he's smashing a wall with a hammer, and then the driving the car one.

Britney tweeted something about wanting to learn the dance, and she was on Ellen to talk about American Idol since she was a new judge, and then Psy came on stage, and they danced. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Panty and Stocking. That ending. XD

Cowboy Bebop. UGH. THAT ENDING.
Ghost in Shell: Standalone Complex. Again. That ending. =w=

Oh god.. The ending to Prince of Tennis.
Actually, Prince of Tennis in general. Like what the hell??

Lol! I thought that ending was hilarious XD I wasn't expecting it at all.

I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in Shell..though the opening theme for the latter is beautiful.

Haven't seen Prince of Tennis either. I'm not a fan of sports unless I'm playing them XD
(I've been gone awhile O_O)

Miss Maeko

Let's just say that when a character never ever loses at anything... the show starts to get boring. I cared more about everyone else, since there was a possibility that they could fail.

Megaman is surprisingly amazing XD I won't rant though. I watch too many kid shows.

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Pffft that's really awesome. xDD I love Ellen, she does some great stuff. Did you see her compete against this little girl from China who was a prodigy in ping pong?

RoxyChick2003

I know right? It's like I prefer characters with flaws and who lose and hey, sometimes they do bad things. Good people can still do bad things. Even Gods and Goddesses. I mean, hell, look at the Greek Gods and s**t. They've done greedy horrible things and they're /Gods/. No one is perfect, and I dislike characters who are like "oh pity me and my sad little past that doesn't affect my performance in the present! Oh look! I'm a part of a prophecy! Oh look! I have a super special talent no one else can master! Op! Looks like I'm now royalty/god tier! Well what would you know about that! Guess I better save the world now!"

Really I just. xD

&& I should check it out. And no worries, I watch MLP and I still love sailor moon and powerpuff girls. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 pm
Miss Maeko

Ugh yes. I so agree. One of these days, someone should make a story about the best friend of the chosen one XD That would be awesome. Like, sometimes it's fine if the character is the chosen one I guess, so long as it's not predictable. Like with Zombie-Loan, some of the characters you don't expect to be super-powerful at all, and when you find out, it's awesome!

Ah yes. Powerpuff girls and Sailor Moon I like XD I went through an old gen MLP phase when I was younger. Now?...not so much. sweatdrop

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 am
RoxyChick2003

That would be so funny. xD Like "welp he just found the magic code to everything, as usual... the suspense has long been gone since I met him/her..."

&& Zombie Loan was fun. I liked how Chika and Shito couldn't be apart for too long because of their hands and stuff. ;w; And like, idk it was pretty good.

I used to LOVE the old MLP stuff. I had the dolls and everything. I don't mind it now, but I prefer the art style of the new MLP, you know? xD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:31 am
hello guys DEAR LORD I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN FOREVER ;;; uhm what to say...? aha?  

Rose of Hope
Crew

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 pm
Miss Maeko

Lol, yup. And then eventually maybe he'd get to steal the spotlight for a bit. XD That would be interesting.

Yeah. I liked how it wasn't just about mindless zombies, and yet it didn't derpify zombies either. Like, the illegal zombies still ate flesh, moved slowly, and were morons. They didn't twilightify anything XD

Yeah. Even if I don't like MLP now, I can agree that the art style is adorable. I've never really been into talking animals O_O Not even Disney stuff like the Fox and the Hound.

Rose of Hope

Why hello thar.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 pm
Rose of Hope
hello guys DEAR LORD I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN FOREVER ;;; uhm what to say...? aha?

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEE YOU'RE BACK YAYYYYY! /TACKLES

Sup? :3

RoxyChick2003

Yeah, the wimpy sidekick saves the day while the main sue is busy ******** every other character ever. <______>

Yeah, I liked how they did that. :3 And zombies hunted zombies which was cool.

I liked MLP as a kid, and the new MLP brings back memories. It's so adorable. Though the fandom I have serious reservations about... but eh, they don't bother me since I don't follow any. xD

&& Huh. Interesting, though I can't remember really watching any movies solely focused on talking animals as a kid other than MLP, Lion King and like... does the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast count? xD  

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm
Miss Maeko

Mary sues just. Agh. I'm not gonna start ranting about that again. I've roleplayed with so many people with mary-sues, it's not even funny.

I don't think Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid counts XD More like Fox and the Hound, Lion King, Milo and Odis, etc etc. I did like the Lion King though.

❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... 606 607 608 609 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games