Submit

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Booker McManus
Educator/School Physician

Nothing Ventured,

Booker set up a training dummy and silently stood beside it waiting for liza, If she had the drive to do so he will push her limits like Marnie's.

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

[ don't worry about not answering it's no big deal]  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
M A R N I E - E V E L Y N ; S U M M O N E R
User Image
Art by: CriticalKiosk

Liza tipped her hat self-consciously as she stepped into the training room. She knew that she already made up her mind, that she was 100% willing to do this for herself and for her Summoner, but it didn't make it any less embarrassing. She was Liza! Flame Witch, Enchantress of the Hearth! She shouldn't have to seek out another human to help her get stronger; she was already stuck with Marnie and that was bad enough! But strangely, it was because of Marnie that she was doing this.

"Alright, old man," she said, approaching him and the dummy, "what's first?
Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

First things first, I want you to hit the dummy as hard as you can. " He had a second one set up for showing her what to do. " But I want this!" He turned around and through a punch as it connected the dummy shattered into splinters like there was nothing left. " To break this you apply force with your fist." He shook his right hand and walked around the Liza's dummy. " But all objects carry resistance so your force is not fully transferred to the object. In other words some force is wasted, there is one way around it that is what you will learn for now."

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:16 pm
User Image

The witch could already feel the humiliation on her face as McManus demonstrated what he wanted her to do. Did he know that she couldn't even squash a fly with her "force" ?

"Uh, okay," she muttered as she clenched her fist. Grunting, she struck the dummy with everything she had and.. nothing. God could I just die now?

Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 pm
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

"As expected the force is there you have the potential but listen to this." He rotated his shoulder and gave out a sigh. " the technique user performs two hits in quick succession with any part of their body. The first hit with the proximal interphalangeal joint neutralizes the hardness of the target, then the second blow, struck with the proximal phalanx, breaks the target before it recovers from the force of the first blow. the time must be within 1/75th of a second."

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:02 pm
User Image

Flushing in embarrassment, the witch listened closely to McManus's explanation and tried to wrap her head around it. 1/75th of a second? How can anyone even movethat fast?! While she (sort of) understood what the words meant, she had no idea how she would actually do the thing and that made her extremely frustrated. She decided to voice her troubles. "Ok so then how do I do it exactly?"

Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:41 pm
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

" basically practice Liza. It's not to terribly hard, try again but this time put all your heart into it."

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 pm
User Image

Are you kidding me? Liza pouted as he told her to embarrass herself again but at this point it didn't even matter anymore. She had to "put all her heart into it." The spirit witch genuinely had no idea what that meant but she should at least try. Taking a breath, she though back to the whole reason why she punching a dummy in the stomach in the first place and relaxed just a bit before bringing her arm forward again, following what McManus told her just mintues before about the proximal whatever he said.

Of course, that didn't work out either and she could feel the embarrassment wash all over again.

"Ugh," she grumbled, shaking her wrist.

Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:40 pm
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

" Ok let's try something new, You are a pyromancer, you can add fire to your attack, and that fire in you can also propel you making you faster, why not give that a go forget what I told you about speed and just try it." He let out a smile and stood back from her to give her ample space for this attack.

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm
User Image

Liza raised an eyebrow."You mean like.. make it come outta my elbow or something?" She'd never tried this "propelling" stuff before, but it seemed like it would work. Except for one thing.

"Even if it does work, what will I do when I run out of magic?" she asked, frowning a bit.

Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 pm
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

" Actually the bottom of your feet should do it all you do is angle it you could also use it for a boost in your jump." He said as he scratched his chin. " Well the math would say that used sparingly you have enough for maybe three bursts for now... this is to ensure that all you need is one hit"

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:54 pm
User Image

Liza nodded at the explanation. One hit did sound appealing after all. And if she could pull it off, she may not have to worry about running out of magic in the first place!

But even the possibility of not having magic scared her.

"Isn't there a way I can do it without magic?" she insisted, "I can't rely on it forever, you know."

Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:26 pm
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

" Eventually yes, but your magic comes natural unless you tap into your soul power instead it might be dangerous but it will give you more power and still keep your magic at a suitable and usable level." He grabbed another dummy and set it besides her." Now watch carefully." He said as the bandage burned away from his hand revealing an almost black fire emanating from it. He took a couple deep breathes before lunging at the dummy putting his hand right through it and squeezing his fist causing it to erupt and burn away.

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:45 pm
User Image

The witch's eyes widened as the old man apparently was way stronger than she gave him credit for. It still wasn't enough to quell her worries.

"I'd still like some way to fight without it," she declared, putting her hands on her hips, "do you have a training regime or something for me to like, develop muscles or something??"

Eddward Hunter

Lucevia 2
Vice Captain

Eternal Star

Eddward Hunter

Ruthless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 pm
Booker McManus

Nothing Ventured,

" Oh you don't necessarily want technique but strength for that technique?" He was puzzled at first but then it hit him like a ton of bricks. " Okay I think I understand now, it's alittle primitive but here is what you need to do this is what my master did to me, She strapped weights to my arms and legs and pushed me off a cliff..." He shuddered for a moment remembering the experience " For you same principle, you spar, run jump even eat with these weights on, after awhile we move the number of pounds up not necessarily adding muscle mass but enhancing them, eventually you could jump higher run faster even be able to punch a hole in anything."

Nothing Gained.

Lucevia

[✓] Lunar Scarlet Academy School Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas