Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Start of a Long Road Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 255 256 257 258

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:43 pm
Darksol88
Despite the walk and everything that came with it weren't anything unusual to Aden by now, it still came off as a stark contrast. There just wasn't anything like it back in Orre, let alone in Agate Village. Even now, it gave him an appreciation for the other cultures within the regions... and made him curious about how the rest were. There had to be some differences, at least. Regardless, the theater was one of the only places in the city that he'd never really ventured into that were usually available to the public.

Stepping inside, he'd almost wonder if he accidentally stepped through a portal and ended up a good hundred years back or so. Or if space really were a premium, what with how small it really was. Not that it discounted the sheer beauty and history that was apparent within every inch of the place. Blizzard would find that Aden was practically speechless, taking in everything he saw with a bit of awe that he wasn't able to hide.

"Blizzard! Hello there!" I would look ahead towards the stage, one female in a rather extravagant kimono came forth from behind the curtain. "We've been expecting you. I take it you are well this morning?"

"Sayo. That I am." I said.

Sayo would soon come off the stage and approach the two of us. "And this must be Aden." She then examines Aden, her eyes scanning up and down him. "He does look like he needs a little work, but I'm sure we can work something out. Blizzard, you can meet us around back like we discussed. Aden, follow me, if you please. I'll introduce you to everyone."

"Fair enough." I then said, making my way off away from the two.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:01 am
Blizzard would find that the theater wasn't the only thing that'd be leaving Aden speechless today, having a hard time denying the beauty and grace from Sayo alone. Or averting his gaze, for that matter. At least, until the sudden assessment that he was ever wet behind the ears. "Uh, right..." He wasn't sure if any of this was going to end well, but right now? He didn't dare say anything that might seemingly attract the weirdness this journey's had so far.

He'd simply follow Sayo for the time being, motioning for his Eevee to do the same before she decided to leap and go for her face. At least she seemed to be calm for once, giving Aden some relief even if it ended up fleeting.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:02 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard would find that the theater wasn't the only thing that'd be leaving Aden speechless today, having a hard time denying the beauty and grace from Sayo alone. Or averting his gaze, for that matter. At least, until the sudden assessment that he was ever wet behind the ears. "Uh, right..." He wasn't sure if any of this was going to end well, but right now? He didn't dare say anything that might seemingly attract the weirdness this journey's had so far.

He'd simply follow Sayo for the time being, motioning for his Eevee to do the same before she decided to leap and go for her face. At least she seemed to be calm for once, giving Aden some relief even if it ended up fleeting.

Aden would be lead to the stage and eventually where several more women would be there. For that matter, with them are various Pokemon, all evolutions of Eevee, one of which, a Jolteon, would trot over towards Sayo as a welcome back. The girls would be talking amongst themselves at first until Sayo and Aden made their entrance and Sayo would start clapping a bit to get everyone's attention. "Ladies, here he is, who the Cold One brought to our fine theater!" Sayo spoke up.

"My my...well, he's a cute one." One of the girls spoke up.

"You say that to seemingly all boys...though this is the first time I seen one with pink hair and NOT be some sort of thug making a statement." another spoke.

"So, before we begin, how about we introduce ourselves. As you may have heard, I'm Sayo and this here is Jolteon." Sayo then spoke back up.

"JOLT!" Her Pokemon spoke up.

"I'm Zuki and here is my Umbreon." another one of the girls spoke up.

"Umbre!"

"I'm Miki and here's Flareon." a third then spoke.

"Flare!"

"I'm Naoko, and this is Espeon." the next one spoke up.

"Espeeoooon."

"I'm Kuni. And here's Vaporeon. Say hello, Vaporeon." the next female then said.

"Vaporeeeon."

It was then silent for a couple of seconds. Sayo took notice to two of the girls that didn't say anything yet. "Come on, I know you're new here, but don't be shy. You're practically part of the family now." Sayo said.

"Heheh...sorry. I'm Naomi, and here is Glaceon." one of them spoke, picking up her Glaceon in the process. However, as she did so, Glaceon wasn't saying anything and all there was a face of content...that or it hadn't bothered getting up yet this morning as it was clearly asleep.

"Glaceon still not a morning Pokemon, is it?" The next woman spoke. "Ah well, hi, I'm Sakura and here is Leafeon." she said.

"Leeaaafeonnn" her partner Pokemon spoke.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:09 pm
"Uh, yeah, I was kinda born with my hair like this," Aden remarked, deciding not to humor the "cute" comment. "If there's any statement I'm making, it's that pink body hair sucks." The various introductions had a way of oddly intimidating him between the elegance of the place and the "family" that owned it, and what he could sense from their Pokemon. It wasn't hard to tell that they were quite experienced compared to him, let alone the Eevee at his side shyly peeking at each of the evolutions before her.

"Nice to meet you..." He finally spoke up after the introductions were done, trying to keep his nerves at bay. "I'm Aden, and that's Eevee. She's kinda a new addition to the team." His Eevee still didn't dare leave her apparent hiding spot yet, or stop her gawking for that matter.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:24 pm
Darksol88
"Uh, yeah, I was kinda born with my hair like this," Aden remarked, deciding not to humor the "cute" comment. "If there's any statement I'm making, it's that pink body hair sucks." The various introductions had a way of oddly intimidating him between the elegance of the place and the "family" that owned it, and what he could sense from their Pokemon. It wasn't hard to tell that they were quite experienced compared to him, let alone the Eevee at his side shyly peeking at each of the evolutions before her.

"Nice to meet you..." He finally spoke up after the introductions were done, trying to keep his nerves at bay. "I'm Aden, and that's Eevee. She's kinda a new addition to the team." His Eevee still didn't dare leave her apparent hiding spot yet, or stop her gawking for that matter.

"Hi." The girls said to Aden's intro.

"Now, with that out of the way, its time to get ready." Sayo gave a couple of claps. "We got a show to put on with a special guest on stage. Speaking of, Miki, can you pass me that?" she said, pointing towards the wall. On a nearby wall near Miki, hung a robe and a couple of sashes, that all came together in white and red harmony. Miki took the robes off the wall then passed it over towards Naoko, then from her to Sakura, then finally back to Sayo.

"You got to be ready to go on stage." She said, handing it over towards Aden.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 am
"Uh... ready on stage? In this? What?"

At first, Aden was taken by surprise at what was just handed to him, though he didn't mean any disrespect with what he said. A few seconds of silence later, and the realization of what he'd actually be doing in something that he'd never worn in his life began to set in. It wasn't that the idea of being part of this that bothered him. It wasn't the kimono either; he was pretty sure this wouldn't be offered without good reason, and being something so steeped in tradition, it'd be a safe bet that this was a common thing worn by most people long before his time. It was that his lack of knowledge on the subject at hand was likely to become apparent quickly, if it wasn't already known.

That, and a just-as-confused Eevee made constant, "buii"-like squeaks. Though that's all it'd sound like for the girls, the nervousness of them would be easier to notice, let alone their Pokemon or Aden being able to confirm it. It wasn't like she was familiar with any of this either.

After a while, he'd finally speak up, if only to break the silence with something a little more coherent. "Please tell me there's a proper way of actually wearing all of this." He could tell that there had to be one, seeing at least a few similarities in the way they were wrapped around the others and the way they ended up, as well as the sash keeping everything in place. But confirmation of that was probably a wise idea.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 pm
Darksol88
"Uh... ready on stage? In this? What?"

At first, Aden was taken by surprise at what was just handed to him, though he didn't mean any disrespect with what he said. A few seconds of silence later, and the realization of what he'd actually be doing in something that he'd never worn in his life began to set in. It wasn't that the idea of being part of this that bothered him. It wasn't the kimono either; he was pretty sure this wouldn't be offered without good reason, and being something so steeped in tradition, it'd be a safe bet that this was a common thing worn by most people long before his time. It was that his lack of knowledge on the subject at hand was likely to become apparent quickly, if it wasn't already known.

That, and a just-as-confused Eevee made constant, "buii"-like squeaks. Though that's all it'd sound like for the girls, the nervousness of them would be easier to notice, let alone their Pokemon or Aden being able to confirm it. It wasn't like she was familiar with any of this either.

After a while, he'd finally speak up, if only to break the silence with something a little more coherent. "Please tell me there's a proper way of actually wearing all of this." He could tell that there had to be one, seeing at least a few similarities in the way they were wrapped around the others and the way they ended up, as well as the sash keeping everything in place. But confirmation of that was probably a wise idea.

"Oh don't worry, we can help you out with that." Sayo said. "And don't worry, we'll be doing the acting. But you do, however..." Sayo walked over to a nearby closet, sliding it open, and grabbed a white Kabuki mask, adorned with a gigantic black wig that draped down the back of it, and red stripes that went from the eyes to the back where the ears would be, putting it with Aden's to-be costume. "...have to look the part."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:07 am
Blizzard120

"Uh...!" Aden was taken aback when the mask and wig were revealed, having never seen it in person before- maybe in a book or two his parents had, but they didn't do the whole thing justice. Though his reaction and surprise was brief, lasted all of a few seconds, that one moment felt like several years had passed before he fully regained his composure.

He looked down at the mask and outfit again as he took it all in, while his Eevee's curiosity overtook what shyness she had and clambered up to his shoulder to get a better look at what he was holding. Her haste in doing so meant she nearly made Aden fall over, though.

"Bui bui?"

"Ah- you could've asked," he remarked, sighing in relief that he hadn't fallen over or dropped the stuff. He wouldn't have wanted to potentially ruin the mask. "Anyway, I guess that makes sense... sorry, just never seen one of these up close is all."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:46 pm
"Now come on over here." Sayo told Aden, starting to guide him down the room to a place where he can change. "Just so you know, you won't have to worry about any script or need to act. We'll take care of that. You're here to do battle, and battle you shall. But you are going to need to look good for your audience."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:24 pm
"Don't worry, I'll make sure to put on a good show. I think." He might've found himself fortunate that he wouldn't have to worry about moving around in this too much, but even without worrying about what the sisters would be doing in the performance, he wanted to do the whole thing justice. So long as Eevee and her already affectionate self didn't try to do anything too sudden. He'd follow Sayo to the changing room either way, giving a small nod before he did.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:10 am
Over the course of a few hours, Aden would be helped getting dressed for whatever part that was getting 'played' and the ladies would start getting acquainted to Aden's Pokemon, for if this performance was to go well, they had had to know what they were getting into. Scyther and Raticate, Nidorino and Flaffy, Eevee...Pokemon of a developing trainer. This was very doable, as far as they were concerned. Incidentally, the women of the theater along with their Eevee evolutions would be getting ready with their parts. With no information, he'd be left to his assumptions about what exactly was about to transpire here at the theater. Now dressed in various robes and sashes that were draped around his neck on his shoulders, Pokemon within reach, and a kabuki mask placed on his face, he was guided by Miki, also in costume and accompanied by her Flareon, went from the dressing rooms...to outside.

Aden would probably note that the girls performed outside probably as much as inside as the gardens, the tiny streams, and ornate decorations were put together with such care. Though one stand out thing was that he was probably staring at no more than a third of the property. For some reason a chunk of it was blocked off with a large multi-layered curtain, just as one would see in any other place. Before it, however, was a dirt field, rather small, with a ring within it.

"Okay, Aden." Miki stated. "While we said we were going to battle, of course this is going to be a bit different than what you are used to. Blizzard said this was to help train you after all. You have been going from one gym leader to the next with not all that much in between and you are not getting a lot of experience, both of the literal and proverbial sense. So here is what you and your Pokemon are going to do. This ring here? Almost kind of like a sumo ring, right? Definitely not big enough to handle a Pokemon battle, right? Well, too bad, because it's your battlefield anyways. If your Pokemon moves out of the ring, you lose your right to use the Pokemon you were using at the time. Of course knock outs and things like that still apply, and before you ask, we aren't going to follow the ring-out rule, only you. You might not think so, but so far you only had it fairly easy in the gym battles, even with Morty in consideration, but the further you go, the harder it will be. The gyms will test every last bit of you before you find yourself at the championships, and the championships will test you even then, where your experiences will clash with the experiences with other trainers out to win it." she explained. "You will be placed in more and more situations where it will feel restricting, like this small ring here. Conditions that aren't favorable to you at all. I'm sure you're well aware of it, having just lost to Morty, but I don't think you honestly fully grasp the situation just quite yet."

"Now, here is where you stand." she said pointing out for the spot for Aden to make his commands to his Pokemon. "We'll be starting in a few moments. Any questions?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:24 pm
Aden found the whole outfit a bit awkward after being helped into it, though he was thankful for it. Had he been left to his own devices, he was certain he would've struggled a bit with it and ended up with a much looser fit at best. As it was, he could tell he wouldn't have an issue getting to his Pokemon for what was about to come. He wasn't quite as ready for the garden outside the theater, but it was a nice sight, however limited. By comparison, the dirt field was small- definitely much smaller than anything he had to work with before- but as he listened to Miki, he knew he wasn't getting much of a choice on that.

He barely had to turn to see the whole thing, even with his vision slightly obscured by the mask. He couldn't say he found the rules all that fair, but he could already gather that was the point. Even then... he hated to think it, but maybe Miki was right. He could stand to try his hand at the challenge regardless, so he didn't back down. If anything, he looked ready to take his place in the ring, defying his doubts for the moment.

"Just one," he finally said, letting Miki's explanation sink in so he didn't end up breaking any rules on accident. "This isn't going to be like all seven of you at once, is it?" To him, the field was small as it was for a single battle. A double battle would be even more cramped, but technically doable. Beyond that, he wasn't sure; six or more on the field would probably see him taking ring-outs left and right either from the constraints or being overwhelmed by sheer numbers.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:31 pm
Darksol88

"Just one," he finally said, letting Miki's explanation sink in so he didn't end up breaking any rules on accident. "This isn't going to be like all seven of you at once, is it?" To him, the field was small as it was for a single battle. A double battle would be even more cramped, but technically doable. Beyond that, he wasn't sure; six or more on the field would probably see him taking ring-outs left and right either from the constraints or being overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

"Oh no. Not at all. It will be one on one, one at a time. However, you're not going to get really any break. Once one of us goes down, the next one of us will be in right away. Oh, that reminds me, you're also not allowed to switch either in mid battle. Just when your Pokemon are out of the ring or knocked out. But don't worry, we won't be switching like that either." she explained. "You'll understand why when the show gets on the road. Anything else?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:50 am
"That's a relief," Aden remarked, though being told he couldn't switch his out sounded fair given the sort of stipulations to the battling itself. That, and he wasn't the only one beholden to them, to a point. As he saw it, things had been explained fairly well and he didn't really have any other questions. He hoped. "I think all that's left is to just go for it, yeah?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:30 pm
"Perfect!" she'd reply. "Just sit tight, the show is about to start!" Miki would run off with her Eevee evolution back towards where they came from. Aden would probably feel a tenseness in the air, while alone on the stage for the time being for the better part of a few minutes as he waited for the Kimono girls to do what they were about to do. He'd discover that feeling first hand, as the curtains nearby would soon pull apart and a loud strum of strings heard close by. The gardens were packed with many a spectator, young and old alike, with the occasional Snagem within as he might be able to pick out. All sitting on blankets and cushions alike to watch the show that was about to transpire before them all. Lights came down onto the stage, shining down on Aden. All eyes were on him.

I was in the crowd, sitting next to Freth as we looked upon the stage. Freth had to stifle hard her laugh, looking back at me, whispering as to not disturb the other guests. "Is that Aden? Seriously?" she asked.

"Yeeep."

"Okay, I got to ask. What in the world did you do?"

"This is actually more the girls' doing. I just told them that Aden needed training because he wasn't getting it really and they were more than willing to help. But them being them, decided to take it one step further." I explained. "Aden until now has only been in isolated battles. When he gets to the Pokemon League, he's going to have to show his stuff not only to other competitors or the Elites, if he makes it that far, but nearly everyone in the region at bare minimum. So he's going to have to work while being judged by everyone else not involved whatsoever in the battle."

"Okay, psychology, I guess...but what about the battle itself?"

"Most of the battles are usually cookie cutter with maybe a distinct thing here and there between gyms. Like if he makes it to Mahogany Town, he's going to have to deal with the gym's ice floor." I said. "This is to pretty much get him into the speed that not every battle is going to be favorable by any means. Some times, they may be completely unfair and in some cases, he might have no choice but to suck it up and take the loss. In this case, he is going through the gauntlet of the girls' Pokemon, one at a time, sure, but while they can move about in and out of the ring, Aden's Pokemon can't, otherwise, he will be unable to use that Pokemon anymore, as if they were knocked out in the first place."

"So they're playing a game of 'king of the hill'." Freth then said.

"Pretty much; and Aden's the 'king'. If Aden is out of Pokemon before the girls are, he loses."

"That does sound pretty rough. Let's see what he can do."

Another strum of strings and a loud rapid couple of bang on drums. A voice speaks out from a set of nearby speakers to the crowd. "Here in Jhoto, long ago, only mere miles away. A tower once stood, overlooking what would soon be the city of Ecruteak. The tower was burned in a raging blaze!" Aden would notice that behind the scenes, various smaller Fire types, Charmanders, Growlithe, Vulpix, unleashed a mighty flame up towards the sky. To the crowd however, it was just that. A raging inferno. "But something happened that very night the tower set ablaze. Three Pokemon would leave..." Aden would then notice that a Clefairy was there amongst the fire Pokemon and with a waggle of the finger, three shooting starts left the scene, a Swift attack? Perhaps a Wish? But to the crowd, it was a scene to behold.

"A lone traveler was left in awe of the spectacle. But his awe was soon turned to dread. Many of the villagers rampaged, crying 'monsters'! 'Demons!' But that's not what the traveler saw. He saw three Pokemon who lost their home to the relentless blaze. Majestic creatures, blessed by the Ho-oh. The fire Pokemon would stop unleashing their fires. "The traveler, charitable he was, believed maybe if the Pokemon had a home to come back to, maybe the villagers could see what they were decrying. To no longer fear. And so, once the tower was mere smolders, he worked. Toiled. He was alone, but he didn't care.

"Word started spreading around the village...the stranger in the cursed plot of land." Aden would see Sayo and her Jolteon approach the stage, making her way on the opposite end of Aden. She would wave her arm towards Aden. "'You there' the villager cried. 'Why are you at this cursed spot.' The traveler, with nary a care simply spoke 'I wish to see them again. Maybe if they had a place to come back to, they will'." Sayo held her hands up to her mouth, in complete surprise. "'Insanity!' the villager cried out. 'You wish to befall yet another ill omen to the village? You will not bring doom to us.'" With a wave of her arm, her Jolteon stepped out to the edge of the ring. "'You will leave our village!' The traveler would simply shake his head. 'Your fears are unfounded. I do not believe at all that what transpired was an ill omen. I will stand firm here. Protect the home they left.' It would be time to battle."  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 255 256 257 258

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff