Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC
H.A. ~ Volume Two: Active Time Event (ATE) Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phoenixianCrystallist
Crew

Quotable Noob

8,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:34 pm
Bobbi winced and dug one finger into her ear as Feather came bounding up the stairs, still shouting at the tops of their lungs.

"Ow. Well, I guess no need for me to cook," the archer sighed. As others poked their heads out (or in, depending), Bobbi raised two fingers in salute and offered a tired smile. "Hi Kyla, Carbuncle. Lou—No, wait, Steven… Dammit. Do you have a nickname? I can't call you Steven, that's my brother's name. It's specifically reserved for when I'm mad at him."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:30 pm
[Here Comes A Thought: 6]
[Joseph: Beach: Mirage Arena: Day 8]

Joseph nodded as she spoke. And when she finished, he ran his hand through his hair. "Oof, you had it worse than me. Mine just decided to be condescending and dislocated my shoulder. Popped it back into place, too, but your's is definitely worse." He rolled his shoulder then, his other hand on top of it as he wound his arm around. The memory made his muscles twitch a bit.

"Still...it sucks. And I'm sorry you had to deal with that." Joseph looked back at the water again. "No one should have to deal with their replicas. Very few people like looking at the darkest parts in their hearts. Especially while amplified like they somewhat are. No good, no light, only the dark."  

AldrickZearse
Vice Captain

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Je suis a toi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:39 pm
{ATE : Old Acquaintances, New Friends : 6}
{Delia : Paris : Hati’s Mansion}

Hati grinned coyly, crossing her legs and leaning in a little,"You just lay it all out on the table, dontcha?"

She briefly changed the subject as she waved to the doorman, "Can I get you anything to eat? It's about lunch time, right? I can pretty much get you anything within reason, what's your favorite? Also anything you'd like to drink, from soda to the good stuff. This manor came with a really great wine cellar."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:37 pm
{ATE : Old Acquaintances, New Friends : 7}

{Ashley : Paris : Outside Hati’s Mansion}

“Kind of have to lay some cards out,” Ashley smiled. “I mean, I know who I am dealing with somewhat.”

At the mention of food, Ashley’s face fell. She knew this was a touchy subject not just for her, but for who the person she was made from originally. Her fingers started to shake to the point she started moving her hands together to fidget. “Um… I am not entirely sure how to answer that question,” Ashley spoke carefully. “The person who I was originally made from had some health issues that caused her taste buds to be dulled. Due to this and the amount of time I have been alive, I haven’t really gotten to try anything new. It is kind of scary for both of us I assume.”

“I really do appreciate the offer,” Ashley said. “I just really don’t know anything besides French fries and bread with some butter. As for drinks, the only alcoholic thing I have had is a strawberry daiquiri in my memory. Not really as… me.”

LevDa

LevDa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:49 pm
[ATE: Here Comes a Thought : 7]

[Dani :~: Beach :~: Mirage Arena:~: Day 8]

“Seems interesting we had a somewhat similar physical injury though,” Dani spoke. “I don’t really know what to think about my replica though. Yes you are right, she is just darkness who toyed with me.”

”There is one thing though about her that I noticed,” Dani contemplated. ”Her weapons are based off of a movie I liked as an early teen called Tron. She has the disc blade as a weapon. So when I did lose myself a bit they transformed into that disc. Now my weapon is…” Dani summoned her weapon and the sniper took form in her hand. She immediately decided to look down the scope and into the ocean. “It is different ya know? More about Leviathan then about that technical side like Ashley took with her weapon.”

“I guess what I am trying to say is,” Dani said trying to make sense for Joe. “That I am trying really hard to distance myself from her. Maybe that will help but I am not sure.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:00 pm
[Here Comes A Thought: 8]
[Joseph: Beach: Mirage Arena: Day 8]

Joseph just shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe it will. I'm not even quite sure what I'm doing with mine other than not thinking about it. And thinking it might be best to be rid of them, but..." Honestly, he was coming more and more to 'terms' with the idea that killing the replicas would be harder for him than he used to believe. Perhaps because his anger was finally being allowed to process.

"But, you know, I'll help you however you need. And support. And all that jazz. Cause after all, it's not great doing things like that with no help." Joseph smiled at his 'water sister'. "So I'll be there for ya, ya know?" And the male shrugged again.  

AldrickZearse
Vice Captain

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:04 pm
[ATE: Good Friend ‘ Captain Morgan: 30]
[ Kyla: Disney Castle: Mirage Arena]

“ Wine mom?” the artist honestly blinked wide and took a second or two to process that term, but it curved her mouth a little all the same watching the flaxen haired girl rushed the stairs eager to get in on the fun to come.

That’s when Bobbi emerged and Kyla returned her greeting with a smile and a nod as Carbuncle dashed forward and bounced around the archers feet in glee.
“ Bobbi! Bobbi- fun times afoot! Feathers collecting everyone, you’re coming?” the vulpine-esk creature’s tail waged in slow swished back and forth.
Meanwhile Kyla took note of the two figures curiosity written on her feature now- she’d been so busy with her introductions to her new training that she hadn’t quite figured out what summon he had and what his class was precisely.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 pm
{ ATE : A Twist of Fate : Final }
{ Ultima ; Lugae ; Chaos : Realm of Darkness ~ Ridorana Cataract : Pharos Lighthouse }

"How much longer?!" fumed the shadow-skinned 'man', fury etched into his features as if it was his default expression.

"For the sixth time, there's nothing to be done but wait and observe," Lugae snarled, standing by one of the terminals, watching various text and numbers scroll across the screen. "The information I was able to salvage from Zexion's virus was barely enough to recreate the code, and let's face it, what few memories you managed to retain were hardly enough fodder--"

"SILENCE!" the man turned to shout, the air around the room growing violently turbulent for a moment. "You will MAKE it work!"

Silently, the scarlet-clad Ultima placed a gentle hand on the man's shoulder, and the air went still, eerily calm. “Patience, old friend. It will be done,” she said, her reassurance almost sultry. "Why is this so important? You are free of him."

"But we are not free of them," he growled, still glaring inside the biopod. "We must find their weakness, must get into their minds and break them, and with this, we can start--"

He was cut off by the sound of a loud, buzzing alarm. Various red and yellow lights began to flash rapidly along the machines nearby, and to his horror, he watched as thick, black mist seemed to rise off the subject's body within.

"No. No!" he shouted, furiously reaching forward and grabbing the glass like a swollen tree trunk, shaking it. "What's happening?!"

"It's as I was saying," the doctor said with an almost lazy sigh of frustration. He was playing with keys and inputting additional commands, but his expression was largely indifferent, lacking urgency. "The memories weren't enough. They were broken, strewn about, chaotic. I needed a chain, and you gave me a pile of shattered links."

His wroth began to rise within him before he once again felt Ultima's calming hand on his shoulder, squeezing. Together, they watched in silence as the tall young man within simply... vanished, black mist filling the organic fluids before even that vanished, leaving no trace.

"The false-heart's collapsed, and the body with it," Lugae grumbled, shutting down the tank; the fluid began to drain out as he turned away, heading toward the lab's exit. "I'll report to the others."

"Worry not, my Walker. The earthlings will mean so very little in the coming days," she said, turning him to face her. Even with his strange, corrupted face, she looked at him as though he were radiant and worthy of pride. "With you by our side, and ever more joining the fore, we will crush their lights as surely as ever. They are nothing compared to the warriors of old, and we are all the more mighty."  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Pie Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 pm
{ ATE : The Broker ~ Case of the Warrior : 8 }
{ Saint : Realm of Darkness : ??? }

Saint stood in silence looking through them. His mind pulsed feverishly as he contemplated their words. Nothing, not even the slow dark beckoning of Ixion could get through to his head. All he could think about was being whole again... being able to feel, and breathe, and, maybe even, love.

He was not embraced by the darkness, but scorned. His only attempts to find allies were thwarted by his own hatred for their very existence... and he wanted all of that to end. He yearned for any form of companionship, and feelings besides hatred and despair. Hedonistic as he was, he gained no real happiness from his pursuits...

He thought about his words carefully and said, "You'll make me whole then...? If so... then... ******** it, what have I got to lose at this point..."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:29 pm
{ ATE : The Broker ~ Case of the Warrior : 9 }
{ The Broker : Realm of Darkness : ??? }

The Broker was silent for a moment, turning to face Saint fully once again--though their face was still obscured by the shadow of their hood.

"There is a process. It's going to seem... no, it's going to be long winded. I apologize ahead of time," they finally said, shrugging as if in apology. "And understand that if, after hearing all of this, you change your mind and disagree, I will have to erase the memory of our meeting from your mind."

They paused long enough for acquiescence.

"First, you will need to search your heart for the dark seed currently planted deep within, and you will need to rip it out completely, leaving no trace of its influence. You're still new, so it likely hasn't had many dark deeds to grow from, meaning it should be an easy matter of willpower," they said. "After that is when we'll make the actual trade: something you do not have, nor will likely ever have, in exchange for your own heart and many various means of protecting it."

"Specifically, you will forfeit three genie wishes to me. Such wishes are the only way I am actually able to give you your own heart, and how I am able to help others like you cut their puppet strings," they said, clasping their hands behind their back. "The price may sound unfair, but that is why I explained it the first way: you do not have the wishes, nor would you ever have the wishes from this genie, and so effectively you are paying me nothing more than the ability to give you what you want."

"After you've paid, you get what you've paid for: your own heart, made of the memories you've obtained since awakening. All your original's memories will also be restored, but cut out of your heart to be left in your mind as information; this way you are your own person, but you have the knowledge to persist," they continued. "With this new heart, you may gain new skills, new weapons, and yes, your summon may reshift to something that better fits you."

"That is where the other gifts will come in. A dress sphere of your own, to give your summon form, a leash, and protection for dark notice. A crystal of raw dark power, and a crystal of pure light protection, to balance each other out. Passive identity protection, such that your identity will be secured against any magical detection. A new method of teleportation, since the corridors of shadow will now try to claim you for the darkness once again. Immunity to most common hexes and statuses, to replace those you lose by taking out the seed. And the ability to summon and control Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed without tainting or damaging your heart."

"All of that," the said, taking a breath, "for the removal of an infestation, three wishes, and your word that you won't help Xehanort or the Darkness in destroying all existence. Should you go back on that promise, the identity protection, teleportation, immunity, and minion control will all be revoked, and I cannot say you won't be hunted down."

"My companions and I seek to aid reality in its persistence," they said. "You, however, will be free to do as you please besides aid the Darkness. All it takes is accepting my terms."  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Pie Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:31 pm
{ ATE : The Broker ~ Case of the Warrior : 8 }
{ Saint : Realm of Darkness : ??? }

Saint nodded at their words, and followed them carefully, contemplating every sentence spoken. When they finished he was set to respond, but an itch in the back of his throat stopped him from speaking.

He looked down, shifted his jaw and said, "So all I need to do is give you away a lottery ticket and join with those I inherently hate..."

The price was tempting. He had never thought he'd be in contact with a genie, given his alignment, but now he supposed that if the story of Aladdin had any merit, anything was possible. All he needed was the lamp to a genie... on the other hand, there were some genie's that would corrupt wishes, and he did not want to get into the complications of running into that problem...

Saint looked away from them across the expanse. Still within his body, he could feel no serenity, no happiness... He looked back to them and said, "I accept your terms. How do we begin."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 am
{ ATE : The Broker ~ Case of the Warrior : 11 }
{ The Broker : Realm of Darkness }

"Huh. Alrighty then," they said, seemingly pleased (if somewhat surprised) by the decision.

"Well, the first thing you need to do is dive down, navigate to the deepest part of your half-heart, and rip out the seed," they said, nodding. "Cosmic magic is powerful, but the darkness is uniquely... persistent, willful. Only you can rip that sucker out. I'll be here while you focus, so don't worry, but that's the absolute first step that must be done."

Saint nodded, though hesitantly, lowering his gaze in meditation, and moments later, lifted a hand to his chest, where a sickly black tumor-like manifestation formed; he pulled it away and threw it on the ground, and with visceral hatred the Broker snapped their fingers, setting it ablaze with iridescent flame.

In seconds, even the ash was gone. Afterward, the Broker revealed a large, ornately jeweled bottle, gripping it tightly as he instructed Saint to place his hands on it.

"Then we make the trade; repeat after me..."

The wishes traded, the Broker stood back, uttered something under their breath, and green dust slowly swirled out from the bottle to ensnare the Replica. He hovered off the ground, lifted by cosmic energy, as the transition occurred.

He experienced a forced Dive, as it were, watching the deepest layers of his heart go through everything. The missing holes in his heart's memories, from his original life before replication, were filling up, and for a brief moment, it was as if he had once more become John, only having lived the past few days as Saint. As a result, however, the black core holding his faux-heart together unraveled, and in that short, immeasurable instant, he ceased to exist, no heart to keep him alive.

However, a wish cannot end in someone's death or erased existence. The memories that unraveled, which would have simply slipped chaotically into the cosmos, were gathered and managed. Those from before his replication had their heartfelt ties shed away, and with the emotional factor gone, the memories were kept stored in the mind, as information—clear, concise, but impersonal. Those from after replication, those that were uniquely his own, were once more linked together, piece by piece, into a chain of memories. However, without the tainted core, the memories were wholly blackened no more; light was allowed to shine through, illuminating moments just as often as darkness would enshroud them.

The final result of this newly-formed memory chain was a heart borne of a natural balance, with no outweighing tendencies toward shadow or light. He was Saint, and yet he was more. His goals and thoughts were still his own, but now he could perceive so much more on the spectrum. He was whole—but he was also unique. Alive.

The process ended as the emerald maelstrom slowed, allowing the man to land softly on the ground, on his feet—before he fell to one knee, trying to recompose himself. In actuality, he was still on his Station of Awakening, getting a feel for his new self. His new identity.

In his heart, he heard a soft, unfamiliar female voice:

You are still safe. Take your time.

The green dust, now simply mingling in the air, flew back into the bottle, as if sucked in by a vacuum, and the Broker replaced the stopper, shifting it into their robes.

———

On his new station, blank as it was, the nascent man stood surrounded by a thick, multicolored mist that largely obscured his vision. Ixion, dark clone that he was, was absent—he could feel a presence, but it was not that spirit, and it was dormant.

As he tried to compose himself, he heard the woman’s voice again—not as soft, almost removed, like it wasn’t really her.

Your will, given form, will grant you strength... can you wield it?

The mist in front of him parted, revealing a pedestal, above which was his weapon.

As he approached the pedestal, the voice spoke again:

- - -
- - -
- - -

Is this what your heart desires?

With acceptance, he found himself drifting back to reality.

———

The new man slowly stood up, rolling back his shoulders, releasing old tension.

"Good, good. Now, drink this for most of the gifts," they said, tossing a small vial filled with sparkling liquid; he drank, and immediately felt the gifts bestowed--the immunity, the control, the teleportation, the protection--even as it tasted simply like water. They then held out a leather satchel. "And take a dress sphere from here," which he did, releasing a new flash and change of clothes, which would also have leashed and formed his summon (even if it remained slumbering for now). "And finally, these two crystals!"

He caught the two stones--one jagged, with the faint green of nethicite, and one smooth, with the pearlescent appearance of æthecite--and followed their instructions: first, imposing his will over the nethicite, he entered a cocoon of transformative dark power that felt simply cold, as opposed to the malignancy of the previous darkness; and second, he asked the æthecite for its help politely (if begrudgingly), asking it to allow it into himself, and he gained its unique shielding protection.

"Aaaaand that's that," they mentioned, clapping their hands together once. "You're on your own and truly free. No ulterior motives, no secret catches. Your life is yours to live. Of course, now that you've left the Darkness, they might be pissy about that, so you'll need to be vigilant when you're out and about.. particularly here. Do you have some place safe to go?"  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Gentleman Knives

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:46 pm
{ ATE : Reassessment : Final }

{ Joe : Station of Awakening }

Joe could barely remember his first dive, truth be told.

It had happened a little over a week ago, when the entire world had gone to hell. At the time he was running on pure adrenaline and didn’t have much time for self-reflection, and the ensuing week of survival out in the middle of nowhere had further pushed the experience to the back of his mind. He could recall vague snippets of information, but the details where lost to him.

Maybe it was for the benefit of people like him that the Guardian had recommended meditation. After all, they were in a much more controlled environment and could now actually reflect on themselves and their abilities without having to worry about the forces of evil ripping out their souls. Within this space, maybe Joe could finally figure out just what his abilities were.
He had tried to get some information out of Merlin earlier that day, feeling that the wizard could help him better understand just what his abilities were. The man’s words still echoed in his mind as he focused.

Quote:
"Ah, in practice it means to invoke energies whose intent is to seek out magic and unvavel it. Yours can be seen as the natural chaos to an unnatural order, for all spells are raw energy forced into form. Magic is magic, all cut from the same aetheric cloth as it were--even yours. We call it 'anti-magic', but that is not exactly correct, for it is more like a neutralizer, a magic that strips away the will of the caster from the energies they cast. Your primary abilities, such as Rasp, are a further measure, preventative enforcers that would strip away even a mage's potential to alter reality.

"In that sense, you might consider yourself a vanguard of reality, a protector of the natural order. True, magic exists in all things, but even that may sometimes go awry, and your powers to subvert energy, to resonate with and flawlessly counteract, allow you to restore a sense of mystic balance.

"Your energies burn away a mage's mana, but energy cannot be destroyed--you simply force it out of their bodies, back into the world around them, forcing them to replenish. Your own spells seek out the loose threads of woven magic and pull, reverting the magic to base energy. And sometimes, yes, your powers allow you to strip magic away even from the world around you, but only temporarily--as magic is in nature, it will revert, but even a temporary solution can allow proper healing."

In spite of the thoroughness of the answer, Joe was still unsatisfied. If he was a “vanguard of the natural order”, why did his spells manifest themselves as spirits and ghouls? When other people cast dispel, it didn’t manifest as a skeletal claw that crushed enchantments off of a person.

Something was up, and it was something he would have to look inside of himself to solve. He had to focus. Focus on who he was, why he was here, what he was doing.

It was with those thoughts in mind that he found himself slowly floating down onto his mosaic.

As he softly landed on the platform, he wondered what exactly could have brought him here. He also noticed that their happened to be someone else here. A very loud and eldritch someone that looked as through a mass of tentacles hand coalesced to form a gateway to the stars.

“Greetings Joseph.”
Atomos began, speaking in a voice that was his and also not his, “This heart of yours is quite something. So stoic on the outside and yet so many passions running underneath. No wonder your summon manifested the way it did.”

This was terrifying. Atomos was never respectful, never called him by his full name, and certainly didn’t speak with two voices. Joe had barely been in here a minute and already he was on edge.

"Who are you?"
he responded, eyes narrowed “Atomos is never this nice with me.”

"Oh, you already know the answer. Atomos is not the only being residing in your heart."

"Oh right. The shard.” He steadied himself a bit. For a brief moment, he was afraid that something else had gotten inside of him like what had happened in Narnia. At least this thing was on the side of the angels.

"So, what is all this then? Why am I here?"

"Simple, you are trying to reevaluate yourself. Merlin’s words unnerved you in some way and you are here to uncover the true extent of your abilities."
the shard explained "I am here to guide this process along."

"So, what, you’re a therapist?"

"If it helps you to think of me in such a way, then yes. Although my questioning will certainly be more…direct."

The hesitation made Joe raised an eyebrow. Just how direct was this thing going to get with him? And given that it was already inside his heart, what more could it possibly want to know?

He exhaled, calming himself. He was here for a reason. Best he could do for now was play along. "Alright then.” He responded “First question?”

"An enemy seeks to attack those whom you care for. How do you respond?”

"Stop them." Joe replied.

"Very well. How?”

“I don’t know, look for openings and exploit them I guess? If they’re rushing in they might relying too much on momentum to carry them through. That could be exploited. Or maybe…”

“That is enough.”
The being said, cutting him off. “There are no right or wrong answers here. Only reflection. I must say though, it is interesting that you so readily default to such tactical thinking. Would the fact that the ones you love not worry you?”

“Firstly, this is a hypothetical scenario.”
Joe snapped, “Secondly, of course it worries me. I’m not a goddamned sociopath. It’s just wasted energy. In those situations you need to be on target, surgical, precise…” he trailed off, catching himself before he lost his temper more.

“Time spent panicking in those situations is time wasted.”

"Is that so? Then when exactly do you allow those emotions to be expressed? I sense many things in you: fear, anxiety, hope, anger, sadness, emptiness…”

Joe’s fists clenched “Get to the point.”

He was almost positive he saw the being’s eyes narrow for a split second before it concluded. “You say you only keep that guard of yours up during combat. And yet, you keep such distance from the others. So many shields between you and the outside world. Why?”

He stared incredulously at the being before responding. "If you hadn’t noticed, my entire life is a crisis situation. My world is gone, everyone I knew and loved on that world is stuck in limbo, and I’m apparently one of the few people left who can somehow stop it. I don’t have the time to waste on my own feelings about things. There’s a whole lot of work to do.”

"You are not the only one who was tasked with this burden. What of your companions? Do you not trust them to help you bear those burdens after what you’ve been through?"

"I...erm...I’m learning to? It hasn’t been that long. You can’t rush these things."

"What is there to rush?"

"I…these ‘bonds’ that get talked about. I don’t form them easily. These people, they’re good for the most part. Some are more foolish then others, some I’ve got personal issues with, but they’re all fundamentally out to make the world a better place. They’re still people though, and I don’t like letting people see what goes on inside my head. No one wants to see what goes on inside my head."

"Why?”

The curtness surprised him. "It’s ugly. What goes on in here.”

"And you are afraid that this ugliness will drive people away from you?”

“…Yes.”

“Ah, so these walls you place between yourself and others, you believe them to be protecting others from your inner darkness. You view this darkness as your problem, something to be hidden away from the rest of the world and only projected when you believe no one else can bear witness to it. And that is why your abilities unnerve you so.”

"What does that have to do with this?”

"Everything. It is the reason you’re here after all. Merlin called you a ‘vanguard of reality’, a ‘protector of the natural order’, but that is not how you see things, is it? Your abilities manifest themselves as spirits, phantasms, and other stuff of nightmares because you yourself view those abilities as twisted. And you believe that having these abilities says something about you.”

"Well, can you blame me?”
Joe said, scratching his head “My abilities are outside the norm. Even Merlin admitted that I was somewhat of a novelty as far as magic users go. It’s why I call myself a ‘Grey Knight’. I stand off beyond in the boundaries where very few tread. I mean, it’s not like I don’t like my abilities. I think they help me stand out, but…”

"…you feel as though they reflect something about you that you do not want others to see."

He paused, lowering his gaze. "Yeah. I guess so. I think that’s what gets me about the imagery of my spells. In my heart, I like it. I like the idea of using these gothic images on truly evil things. I like the idea of scaring enemies, dismantling them, frustrating them. I don’t just want to destroy them physically, I want to break them down mentally."

“Why?”

“Because that’s where evil begins. In people’s minds and people’s hearts. You can bash the crap out of people all you like, but to truly destroy evil you have to attack it at the root.”

The being chuckled "Thus we identify the conflict within you.”

The being’s voice seemed to gain a new edge, becoming bolder, more all-encompassing. At the same time, cosmic energy began to bleed outward from the gate, manifesting around Joe as a swirling mist that blocked his line of vision.

“You do not wish to expose others to your negativity and yet you let it motivate your actions. You fight for good, and yet are willing to embrace unsavory images and methods. You wish to aid your companions, but remain distant from them”

The mist crackled and whirled, shaping into a legion skeletal phantoms. They flew around him, flew through him, from every angle, whispering incomprehensibly into his ear.

“You fear the darker side of yourself. Its passions, fears, and unpredictability. You erect walls to prevent those around you from seeing these things. Yet your passions drive you. Your fears of what could be motivate your actions in the present. You strive to be a force of unpredictability against evils you find all too predictable.”

Without thinking, caught up in the moment, Joe yelled out into the storm “Are you telling me to embrace my darkness!? You are a being of light! Why would you say such things!?”

"Light and Darkness cannot exist without each other. All beings carry both within. Those most at peace in this world are not those who refuse to look at the evils within themselves. They embrace those aspects as part of themselves and use them to grow. In closing your own evils away, you deny yourself some of the greatest gifts of life: the capacity of growth and the possibilities of change."

Joe didn’t respond to that. His eyes just widened in recognition.

"Have you begun to understand?”

"I have the capacity for great good and great evil within me.”
he said "I cannot hide my darkness away out of fear. Only learn from it.”

"Why think tactically in dire situations?”

"Because in my heart, I am afraid. I work through that fear to ensure that I make it through to the other side.”

"Why evoke the imagery of horror as a protector.”

"Because true protection wards off repeat offenses. I wish to prevent, not just respond."

"And what does this make you?”

"A person helping those in need. The imagery can’t change that.”

“Very good.”

The phantoms all began to glow with a pale green energy that began to pool a few steps in front of him.

"On your first awakening, you focused on survival. On your first mission with your companions, you focused on proving yourself” the entity spoke. "You have survived. You have proven yourself. Now you stand against those who would bring ruin to the world. Your response?"

"I will stop them," he said, ]determined. "I will make sure they will never hurt anyone again.”

"And thus we have your aim. You seek, above all, to prevent harm to others. To stop those with power from abusing the weak.”

The phantoms had disappeared, there energy coalesced into a singular point. In a bright flash this energy took form, revealing a pedestal, above which floated a rapier and dagger. "You are a servant of the natural world, striking down those who abuse their gifts swiftly and decisively."

Joe began to approach, the entity’s voice continuing to come in all directions.

Your will, given form, will grant you strength... can you wield it?

He neared the pedestal and reached forward, the blades floating over to his hands when called. They were simple weapons compared to something like a Keyblade, a swept-hilt rapier and companion dagger more suited to parrying then offense. As he held them up though, he felt a level of calm and focus that he had not felt since his experience began.

Power of the wraith.

Judicious stoicism.

Blades of mist-severing precision.

Can you bear this burden?

The blades rested easily in his hands. Everything about them, from their weight to their balance to the mists that seemed to wrap around them suited him perfectly.

"Yes."

"Good." the voices spoke behind him, still glaring down at him in the form of Atomos. "Some last things.”

"Sure."

"Please do try and connect with the others. I realize that you fear their rejection more than most, but there is no point to life without risk. Start small, with those you feel you can trust, then work your way up to everyone.”

Joe looked away. "By everyone, do you mean..."

"Yes, everyone. Even him. I understand your wariness, but bitterness cannot drive you forever. Certainly not in a world where such thoughts, in great excess, can so quickly lead to tragedy.”

"…I can learn to live with him, but I will not learn to trust him. Not until I feel he’s earned it.”

“Very well.” The being said, chuckling “Some things must happen at their own pace, I suppose.”

Joe just nodded. In response. He could feel himself fading away, this dive apparently at its end. He still couldn’t leave without one last remark.

“That’s certainly…patient of you. I can hardly believe Atomos is in there. “

The chuckling continued. “Well, you are so much more expressive in here after all.”

He raised an eyebrow in response, but before he could say anything, he was overcome by a flash of light and returned to the waking world.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:53 am
[ ATE: The Wheel of Fate is Turning : 1 ]
[??? : ???]

So cold.

The figure sat up slowly, the crisp night air nipping at bare flesh. They shifted against the beaten stone, looking up at the darkening sky with a vacant expression. A layer of clouds blocked the sky with beams of sunlight poking through, lighting up various areas around the person. Glancing around at the various ruins of what must have once been an extensive castle, their gaze shifted through the layers of freshly melting snow coating the area, and the realization clicked quickly.

It snowed recently...?

They looked down at their body, pale flesh bare against the biting wind. A second realization struck the figure, and they scanned their entire body to confirm their thesis. Upon confirmation, a loud sigh echoed from the ruins, and they ran a hand through their brown hair.

...I am without clothing. That is... less than ideal.

With a simple flick of the wrist, a black portal opened in front of them, and they moved within quickly and vanished into the shadows.

[ ??? ]

Upon exiting the portal, the figure noticed that the previous chill they had felt had lessened considerably, but the air was still cold and the streets had become dark. Only the shine from various lampposts lit the street, and the person continued their journey through until stopping at a large iron gate. In the distance, a large home stood in view, various trees lining the pathway up towards it. They looked down at the gate's lock, and gently placed two fingers against it. A black ichor leaked from their fingers onto the lock, and the metal began to decay until their was nothing left but a melted pile of metal at the gate's base. They continued on, following the paved street until passing sets of rose bushes lining the side of the home.

With a simple melting of the doorknob, the figure slid into the home quietly and began glancing around for anything that could be useful. A coat rack stood in the corner, a brown trenchcoat and matching homburg style hat seeming to call out. They quickly threw both pieces on, frowning at how the coat only went to about knee level. Before they could continue their mental griping, a shift above them raised concern, and once again, they threw open a portal and dashed into it before they could be noticed.

[ ??? ]

Stepping out of the portal and onto another paved street, they glanced up at the sprawling cityscape. It had definitely eroded more since they remembered, but the thought was fuzzy and other issues pressed. Mainly, the mysterious things floating through the city on some sort of mission. They stayed still, and solemnly watched.

"...Well, someone has to be here. Perhaps I could get a few answers..."

ArcanaFate

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 pm
[ ATE: The Wheel of Fate is Turning : 2 ]
[ ??? : World That Never Was : Downtown? ]

Within moments of their appearance, the stranger's body was suddenly enveloped in a column of golden light, just slightly taller than they were. A sensation flooded over them, their flesh tingling as if the air itself was bristling up against them. As the sensation faded, the light followed, seemingly having had... no effect.

However, after just a few seconds, one of the strange floating entities zoomed down and stopped just a few feet short of the stranger, blue eye staring at them. Its angular shell occasionally rotated and twisted around its spherical core.

"Uhh," came a familiar, human voice, though slightly digitized by the technology, "what are you doing here? Shouldn't you... wait, why are you dressed in that?"  
KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff