Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply 𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖
🦗 || The Swarm Chronicles | Act I Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:10 pm
User Image

This instance of time represents Nimure's days at the academy after the yokai broom incident.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:08 pm
User Image

▱▰▱Today was remarkably ordinary, my classes were over so I stayed after school to do my chores. I got credit for cleaning the school, training, and helping the teachers among other things that were counted toward my graduation. I swept the dust from the floor into a dustpan slowly. I rubbed my eye and doubted that I would be overly productive after being so worn out from a long day at school. As I felt my weariness overwhelm me, I heard them again. Hungry...hungry...hungry...HUNGRY I rubbed the back of my neck and tried to ignore the voices for naught. It sounded like there were thousands of voices who somehow spoke in unison. The sounds were disturbing as if I was hearing screeching and crawling at once. They sounded close and far away at the same time. I noticed that I began hearing them whenever I was about to drift off to sleep but never during the daytime. It was as if they liked to sneak up on me when I was too weak and weary to fend them off. I rubbed my temples and breathed until they stopped talking to me and I returned to cleaning the classroom. As I cleaned, I saw Kiku leaving a classroom and became nervous to interact with the boisterous girl since she found me and my bugs so repulsive. "Oh great..." I mumbled in a low voice to myself. I think she would have easily seen me already if she glanced in my direction, but I quickly jumped into the nearby broom closet to hide from her. I quietly dumped the dustpan into the trash can in the closet. I felt cramped in the small and dark closet so I settled on cracking the door open later to check to see if she was still there.

×TITLE: Academy Student】▰【RANK: E】▰【STRENGTH: 01】▰【SPEED: 00】▰【AGILITY: 00】▰【ENDURANCE: 01】▰【CHAKRA: 100 || 100】▰【STAMINA: 100 || 100】▰【INSECTS: 250 || 250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Kochū: A breed which resembles leeches with slug like bodies and sharp drill-like maws since they lack wings they must typically be applied manually by throwing or being within close range and them rapidly slithering and leaping. Are capable of swimming and burrowing however, making them rather sneaky like the Aburame who typically use them. Aburame who house Kochū often dabble in poisons. Insect techniques utilizing Kochū will impart a [Poison] following typical Tier-Progression. This Poison cannot be cured naturally with an Antidote and can only be cured via the [Poison Removal] Iryojutsu or an alternative method of purging the body of the insects. If the Aburame is Poisoned, the Kochū may cure that poison and adopt its properties simultaneously with the user spending an X-amount of chakra equal to the poison tier to stimulate their development.
Yorochū: A breed which sports a much thicker carapace and are a heartier beetle. The main advantage of this breed is that it allows for a much sturdier host. This increases the host's stat caps granted by class for Endurance and Strength by 1. When used for Defensive Insect Techniques those insect techniques are treated as Overwhelming up to S-rank.
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Harmonic Hive | Once per post, Nimure is able to korabo one Aburame and one Harmonic Death Arts technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Pestillence | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects inflict tiered disease status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Acidity | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects become acidic and inflict tiered corrosion status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Unstable Mutation | When your Kikaichu adapts to a specific element the Kikaichu also gains that element. Insect techniques utilizing these Kikaichu can apply up to Tier-2 of their elemental status. Tier-4 if [Ninjutsu] class. Temporarily share your Kikaichu's adaptive resistance gaining a 1-rank reduction of its currently adapted resistance.
▱▰▱ Give and Take | The Chakra your Kikaichu drain to reproduce themselves can instead be stored within their bodies. When the Kikaichu return to you the host you can instead regain the chakra that was drained at the expense of the Kikaichu that were used to drain said chakra. Because of this your initial Chakra pool is also expansive netting you an additional +100 Chakra.
▱▰▱ Hive Meister | The max amount of Insects you can store in your body increases by [100]. You can house [2] Specialized Breeds instead of [1]. The Aburame may cast Ninjutsu using Insects instead of Chakra as the resource. When preforming ninjutsu in this manner, their insects swarm through their ninjutsu, latching to any targets it contacts. These ninjutsu techniques can be used in exchange for bugs at 1.5 times the cost.

Class Information
First Class: Medical
▱▰▱ Maladies Physician → Shinobi of this discipline are experts in iryojutsu and are especially well-versed in afflictions. Their medical techniques cure all symptoms of status effects applied to the user, rather than where most of the techniques cure them one at a time. In addition, medical techniques which inflict a status may inflict three different applications of the status, rather than just one. The user's crafted poisons also carry this property. The shinobi also obtains 5 custom techniques for medical ninjutsu as well as a Medical Ninjutsu Keystone technique. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
Second Class: Taijutsu
▱▰▱ Berserker → Your external training and devotion to taijutsu has allowed you to have a [+1] stat increases to Strength and Endurance. Your hardened body naturally is as protective as Heavy Tier armor without its drawbacks. Degradation of the user's natural defenses applies in the same manner as armor. Once depleted, any damage the user takes, no matter the rank of damage applied increases the user's strength and speed by 1 stat point each for two posts up to 9 points. Should the user take additional damage before the end of the second post, the increase stacks, refreshing it's active time.
► Signature Style: Harmonic Death Arts
▱▰▱ Cross Class: → Medical – Taijutsu: The user is able to cast healing medical ninjutsu on themselves for no hand signs. Once every three posts, this ability can be used for no activation. In addition, the user's medical and taijutsu techniques are reduced in resources by five per rank of the technique.

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:36 pm
User Image
The Guilded Queen
Rank: Academy Student 磁気 | Classes: Puppeteer | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: E 勇 | Elements: Water, Earth, Lightning, Magnetism, Wood

User ImageUser Image
“That’s right, put your back into it!” Kiku barked to one of the many boy students she had wrapped around her little finger. The young princess had been designated to wash the floors after class today, but she couldn’t be bothered to do it herself, of course. So instead the blonde girl perched herself on the long desk, her feet dangling inches over the floor. Running around the classroom like madmen were three boys around her age, scrubbing the wooden floor with long handled brushes. Sprawled across her lap was the training pupper the academy had issued her. Kiku had noticed that some of the ligaments weren’t responding properly, so instead of her assigned chores, the girl was working on what really mattered: her puppet. Kiku wasn’t sure if it was because the puppet was a rental given to her by the school. And, frankly, they should be embarrassed to even call this doll a puppet.

The joints weren’t fitted properly, and because of that they collected a lot of junk that made it need more attention than others. No mechanisms to speak of, so nothing outside of basic functions. And no ability to be upgraded. Kiku clinked her tongue against her teeth and shook her head as she cleaned out the doll, sending dirt onto a previously clean part of the floor. “Missed a spot,” she said cooly to a boy that walked by, pointing down to the crumbs without looking up from her puppet. The princess sighed and looked up at the light filtering through a window, as another boy cleaned the panes. Guess it’s about time to head home… She thought to herself, dreading the trip back.

“Alright boys, wrap it up! But I’m outta this place!” Kiku yelled as she rose to her feet. The girl waved her hand and sent a small portion of chakra into the puppet. The doll jittered for a second before springing into the air, pumping it’s legs and arms as if in joy at being cleaned. Kiku wasn’t using strings, just manipulating the wood in the doll. She’d been yelled at for it before, but the girl didn’t see much point in making the threads if she didn’t need to. “Bye bye~” She called back flirtatiously, her and her doll both blowing a kiss to the room of boys.

Kiku shut the door on the swooning calls of her subjects and stood by herself in the empty hallway. Well, almost by herself. “Hm?” It was brief, but she’d caught sight of Bug Boy, Nimure Aburame. She had to suppress a shudder just thinking of the bugs he must’ve infected the school with. And during the yokai parade, he’d had the nerve to speak to her so brazenly.

So in that moment she’d decided she’d exact her revenge.

As Nimure hid, Kiku did her best not to let on that she knew where he was. But as soon as he was out of sight, her hard expression melted into a sinister smirk. She couldn’t help but snicker quietly as she walked in the direction of the broom closet, her doll hovering behind her and miming her with its hand over its “mouth.” Kiku walked by, but motioned for her puppet to prop itself against the door, an effort of will from Kiku allowing it to mold into the wooden door and the frame, trapping Nimure inside. Kiku would then wave her hands dramatically, using what little she knew over Mokuton control to make the brooms inside the closet rattle violently.

“Oh look, another one stumbles right into our lair!!” Kiku threw her voice into the closet, modifying it to be almost comedically deep and evil. “Good thing we stayed behind; these kids here just taste so delicious!

"Speaking"

Thinking

Chakra: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Strength: 0
Speed: 0
Reflex: 0
Endurance: 0

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:22 am
User Image

▱▰▱I sighed with relief when Kiku walked past the doorway and I took a quick peek by cracking the door to see that she was gone. This was for naught when I felt the door being shut by some strong object that I did not see. Suddenly, when the broomsticks started shaking and talking for a moment I thought it was the swarm. However, the swarm did not sound anything like the maniacal cackles of the children-eating brooms. I remember terror striking into my bosom's core out of fear that there were more yokai brooms afoot even after the parade. My fear was further amplified by the darkness of the closet. "NO! AHHHHHH!" I shouted in fear and felt a fight or flight response shiver across every inch of my skin. Somehow, someway I managed to push open the door and knock the puppet out of the way with one mighty shove. I summoned all of the strength that my little body had to get myself out of there. Now that I think back on it, my strength as a child was underrepresented by the size of my body. It makes sense that I ended up gravitating toward taijutsu around this time. When I pushed on the door I lost my balance and fell on my shins on the floor. I looked over to see that somehow Kiku was shaking the brooms. My face became carmine from embarrassment and shame when I realized that she was playing a prank on me. This moment is much funnier to me in retrospect but at the time I was humiliated and angry. I was tired and my swarm was agitating me so I was not in the mood for this at the time.

I narrowed my yellow eyes on her as he jumped back onto my feet. "What's your problem?! You're such a spoiled brat!" I am unsure how I was able to conjure up the courage to yell at my much more popular peer like that. This was likely the most that I had ever spoken to her. The distance between us was small, a little less than three feet maybe. "AHHHHHH!" I yelled again as I felt insects leave my arms instinctively. I did not even have to directly command them this time. They just acted on my will in perfect synch with my desire. One hundred kikaichu left the pores in the skin of my arms and flew toward Kiku. Given her close proximity, it was plausible that the creepy crawlies would land on her face to disgust and scare her. His warrior ants were not permitted to eat her chakra or harm her in any way. Perhaps this would ensure that she would never bother me again.

×TITLE: Academy Student】▰【RANK: E】▰【STRENGTH: 01】▰【SPEED: 00】▰【AGILITY: 00】▰【ENDURANCE: 01】▰【CHAKRA: 100 || 100】▰【STAMINA: 100 || 100】▰【INSECTS: 150 || 250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Kochū: A breed which resembles leeches with slug like bodies and sharp drill-like maws since they lack wings they must typically be applied manually by throwing or being within close range and them rapidly slithering and leaping. Are capable of swimming and burrowing however, making them rather sneaky like the Aburame who typically use them. Aburame who house Kochū often dabble in poisons. Insect techniques utilizing Kochū will impart a [Poison] following typical Tier-Progression. This Poison cannot be cured naturally with an Antidote and can only be cured via the [Poison Removal] Iryojutsu or an alternative method of purging the body of the insects. If the Aburame is Poisoned, the Kochū may cure that poison and adopt its properties simultaneously with the user spending an X-amount of chakra equal to the poison tier to stimulate their development.
Yorochū: A breed which sports a much thicker carapace and are a heartier beetle. The main advantage of this breed is that it allows for a much sturdier host. This increases the host's stat caps granted by class for Endurance and Strength by 1. When used for Defensive Insect Techniques those insect techniques are treated as Overwhelming up to S-rank.
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Harmonic Hive | Once per post, Nimure is able to korabo one Aburame and one Harmonic Death Arts technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Pestillence | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects inflict tiered disease status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Acidity | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects become acidic and inflict tiered corrosion status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Unstable Mutation | When your Kikaichu adapts to a specific element the Kikaichu also gains that element. Insect techniques utilizing these Kikaichu can apply up to Tier-2 of their elemental status. Tier-4 if [Ninjutsu] class. Temporarily share your Kikaichu's adaptive resistance gaining a 1-rank reduction of its currently adapted resistance.
▱▰▱ Give and Take | The Chakra your Kikaichu drain to reproduce themselves can instead be stored within their bodies. When the Kikaichu return to you the host you can instead regain the chakra that was drained at the expense of the Kikaichu that were used to drain said chakra. Because of this your initial Chakra pool is also expansive netting you an additional +100 Chakra.
▱▰▱ Hive Meister | The max amount of Insects you can store in your body increases by [100]. You can house [2] Specialized Breeds instead of [1]. The Aburame may cast Ninjutsu using Insects instead of Chakra as the resource. When preforming ninjutsu in this manner, their insects swarm through their ninjutsu, latching to any targets it contacts. These ninjutsu techniques can be used in exchange for bugs at 1.5 times the cost.

Class Information
▱▰▱ Maladies Physician → Shinobi of this discipline are experts in iryojutsu and are especially well-versed in afflictions. Their medical techniques cure all symptoms of status effects applied to the user, rather than where most of the techniques cure them one at a time. In addition, medical techniques which inflict a status may inflict three different applications of the status, rather than just one. The user's crafted poisons also carry this property. The shinobi also obtains 5 custom techniques for medical ninjutsu as well as a Medical Ninjutsu Keystone technique. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
▱▰▱ Berserker → Your external training and devotion to taijutsu has allowed you to have a [+1] stat increases to Strength and Endurance. Your hardened body naturally is as protective as Heavy Tier armor without its drawbacks. Degradation of the user's natural defenses applies in the same manner as armor. Once depleted, any damage the user takes, no matter the rank of damage applied increases the user's strength and speed by 1 stat point each for two posts up to 9 points. Should the user take additional damage before the end of the second post, the increase stacks, refreshing it's active time.
▱▰▱ Cross Class: → Medical – Taijutsu: The user is able to cast healing medical ninjutsu on themselves for no hand signs. Once every three posts, this ability can be used for no activation. In addition, the user's medical and taijutsu techniques are reduced in resources by five per rank of the technique.

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:00 pm
User Image
The Guilded Queen
Rank: Academy Student 磁気 | Classes: Puppeteer | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: E 勇 | Elements: Water, Earth, Lightning, Magnetism, Wood

User ImageUser Image
“Ohohoho!” Kiku laughed nastily at Nimure’s expense, lifting her head back and mostly covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Her wooden doll hovered behind her and a few inches higher, quivering as it mimicked its owner. The bug boy was turned about as red as the wood he crawled on, and it filled the little princess with such glee to see him where he belonged. Kiku winked one and and her and her puppet both wagged their index fingers at him. “You shouldn’t be getting thoughts above your station; that was just simple punishment for your crimes~”

Kiku laughed again, taking her eyes off of Nimure. This would be her most fatal mistake, not noticing the terror that was unleashed upon her in an instant. It wasn’t until it was too late that she noticed the swarm of thousands- nay, millions- of bugs flying at her like a cloud! The hit her face harmlessly and the girl screamed and fell back onto her butt. The blonde girl did her best to swat the disgusting things from her to only make minimal progress. Kiku glared at Nimure through the mask of bugs on her face and snapped her hand forward. In that one motion her wooden puppet, who had even mimicked her falling and swatting, was now rushing towards the Aburame. It wasn’t going to strike, not that it would hurt much if it had. But the wooden appendages reached out for the boy’s waist, to simply tackle him against the wall. “Get them off!! Getthemoffgetthemoffgetthemoffgetthemoff!!” Kiku shrieked, crying.

Whether her puppet’s tackle was successful or not didn’t matter, as soon enough one of the student teachers would appear in the hall. “Hey!” He yelled out and stood between Kiku and Nimure. He placed a hand on Kiku’s puppet and it instantly disappeared into puff of smoke. “Put your bugs back right now, young man!” He scolded Nimure. “Just what were you two doing?!”

“I didn’t do anything Kiku sobbed, wiping the remaining bugs from her face. “He just-”

“Uh-huh.” The teacher cut her off tiredly. He was familiar with Kiku’s antics and wasn’t having any of it. “Come you two, time for some after class lessons.” He said, dragging them both off.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:07 pm
User Image

▱▰▱My humiliation was compounded by Kiku's deriding laughter. I made her eat her words though when I watched my bugs fly into her face and crawl through her hair. I doubled over in an uncontrollable fit of giggling watching her face become caked over with the insects she was so disgusted by. He watched her cry and felt that she got exactly what she deserved. As the puppet was redirected toward him he stood fully and punched the puppet in the face before he felt his body get shoved against the wall. When the student aid arrived and sealed the puppet away, I knew I was busted. I let out a sigh before the centurion of bugs flew off her face and crawled back into my body. My face became serious again and I bowed shamefully to my superior. I recognized my mistake in letting this get a rise out of me although I was still secretly satisfied that I got her back.

I was pulled off with the teacher to detention and received an earful about the importance of camaraderie given that we may have each other's lives in our hands someday. I knew that arguing was pointless and that simply taking the stern talking to was good for business. I needed strong letters of recommendation if I aspired to become a JUEI. As punishment, I was to remain locked in the detention room with Kiku for two hours. I shyly avoided eye contact with the girl and quietly wrote an essay about the importance of teamwork. When I look back on this, I think the detention was meant to build up my collegial relationship with Kiku but I was still angry and wanted to avoid speaking with her.

×TITLE: Academy Student】▰【RANK: E】▰【STRENGTH: 01】▰【SPEED: 00】▰【AGILITY: 00】▰【ENDURANCE: 01】▰【CHAKRA: 100 || 100】▰【STAMINA: 100 || 100】▰【INSECTS: 150 || 250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:20 pm
User Image
The Guilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“Can’t believe I’m stuck in here with him…” Kiku mumbled under her breath while she also accepted her own punishment. The princess also scribbled down her own essay about the importance of getting together. However there wasn’t the same level of thought that Nimure most likely put into his. Just the bare minimum of properly strung together words to make it seem like she’d gotten the point. In Kiku’s worldview, it was nearly impossible for her to understand that she was in the wrong. Nimure, with his stupid bugs, embarrassed her by thinking he was good enough to talk to her. “Stupid bugs…”She muttered as she felt an inch in her long blonde hair. The girl reached up and pinched out another disgusting insect from her head.

Long before the two hours were up, Kiku had finished her essay. So now she sat and stewed while she ticked away the time in rhythm to the clock. She pointedly kept her gaze away from Nimure, her purple eyes narrowing as she thought. Something did bother her though, and she needed to get an answer. So with fifteen minutes to go, the girl finally broke the silence. “So why bugs?” She asked, without turning to look at Nimure. “They’re so gross. Don’t they drive you insane?”

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:43 pm
User Image

▱▰▱Once I was finished writing my essay about the essentialism of teamwork, I blew the eraser shavings off the page. I got up from the table and tried to avoid listening to Kiku's mumbling as I pattered over to the teacher's desk and placed my essay on the surface. I suspected that it was sufficiently thoughtful and that I fulfilled the assignment's requirements to the letter. However, it was impossible for me to ignore the rage that was still stirring in my heart. Meanwhile, the constant sounds of crawling bombarded my brain. My nervous system was under siege from my own guilt amplified by the sounds of hundreds of scratchy little voices. Together they were incomprehensible but when I focused my hearing each voice was entirely distinct. The stress of the day overstimulated me and led me to hear them even more intensely. I turned around and began walking toward whence I came until Kiku decided to speak more directly to me. When she spoke the word "insane" to me in relation to my maddening swarm I felt myself start to lose control. Fear overwhelmed me as I looked away from her and toward the floor. SCREEEEEEEEEE! The words completely left my comprehension as I felt a high-pitched screeching overwhelm my senses. As my nervous system experienced this bombardment I felt a headache beginning to take over. Insane, insane, insane. Brother, brother, brother. Don't listen, SCREEEEEEEE, ignore her. Memories of my brother losing his sanity over his swarm began manifesting. I felt the pain from each memory of my brother losing touch with reality and the shame on my father's face each time my brother demonstrated what he was becoming. All of this was accompanied by the constant and almost violently loud screams of the swarm. I felt my pupils dilate and my heart's rhythmic beating into my ears before I suddenly cried out. "NO! I AM NOT CRAZY!" I yelled at her and suddenly the screeching came to a halt. I held my head in both hands as I gasped and attempted to control my breathing. For some reason, I do not know why, I ran to the corner of the room and grabbed a broom. I was sweeping all over again and finding comfort in the repetitive movement to self-soothe and focus on a different task I suppose. "Sorry Kiku, it's been a stressful day..." My eyes softened when I looked at her. It was a kind of vulnerability that tended to come after I had one of these episodes. I sighed as I looked back down to my broom and shyly asked a question of my own. "You ever feel like sometimes you just lose yourself for a second? Like you have to show people something different than what's inside?" I am unsure why I even bothered asking this bully such questions. Perhaps I was just looking for a hand to hold after such a scary experience.

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:47 am
User Image
The Guilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
Kiku watched Nimure turn in his assignment, a look of bored irritation on her face as she rested her cheek against her fist. Her purple eyes were analyzing the young boy in the same way she would when she was trying to figure out how something worked. The way he moved, spoke, even breathed with all of those bugs just under his skin. “Are you even human? Or are you just a meatbag for those things to live in?” She added before he could respond to her last question. And without a warning from Nimure, it seemed like that was the final push Kiku needed to throw him over the edge.

The boy screamed, a noise so glass shatteringly sudden that it forced the puppet user out of her chair. Kiku took a few trembling steps away from Nimure. Just like at home, she did her best to put as much distance between her and the source of the yelling. Suddenly, to Kiku, her classmate seemed so much larger and intimidating, as if he were filling in the whole room. She felt her breaths come in short, panicked bursts as she was unable to do much else.

And then as soon as it started, it stopped. Nimure ran over to a broom and started sweeping, probably to give himself some sort of outlet. Kiku, on the other hand, stayed put. She felt her body fold as the tension left, making the girl lean her hand on the windowsill behind her for support. In that short amount of time she’d already started sweating a clammy sweat. Kiku wiped it off of her forehead “Yeah, no, I, uh…” She took a gulp of air, fighting through her stunned silence. “It’s fine.”

Kiku took a few seconds to calm herself down as Nimure posed his own question at her. Did she ever lose herself? Kiku pondered that; the answer was yes, of course. If only he knew. But did she dare bring that up to him? “No, of course not!” She decided to say. Her words were stern and back to her typical Kiku-tone, with her arms crossed over her chest. But as she scoffed and turned her nose up at him, the puppet user’s cheeks were red. “Such things are beneath someone like me!” Then her blush faded and Kiku opened her eyes, giving him a hard look. It wasn’t one of anger, but one of… blunt honesty? “And they’re beneath you, too!” She said, jabbing a finger at him with her other hand on her hip. “So pull yourself together already. It’s embarrassing.” That last bit, while the girl was looking at Nimure, almost sounded like she was talking to herself as well.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:34 pm
User Image

▱▰▱I realized now that the dust had settled on my panic how jarring my screaming was for Kiku. I even forced her out of her seat and even to show me some kindness. Although I still felt guilty for genuinely frightening her. I tilted my head at her responses but just stood quietly as I scooped more dirt into the dustpan with my broom. "Why are you red?" I found it strange and asked with genuine innocence. I scoffed a bit at my self aggrandizing peer as I put the broom away before responding. "No, I'm a person just like you. I'm Nimure Aburame and I'm more than my swarm." I spoke resolutely to her but with an intonation that indicated that it was as if I was reminding myself of this fact. There were times during panic attacks where I could not tell the difference between the swarm and myself. This was a phrase that I had to constantly repeat to myself to prevent from being overrun by my swarm. A few minutes passed after I returned to my seat. When the top of the hour struck, I watched the assistant teacher enter the room, read our essays, and conclude our detention. I respectfully bowed before the teacher and quietly returned to the hallway. I would turn to Kiku and extend an offer her way. "I'm going out to the yard to train since my chores are done if you want to join me." I supposed that Kiku may have less harsh feelings about me now and that we could train together. I would walk out to the yard and practice throwing kunai at targets with learning basic techniques next on my agenda.

×TITLE: Academy Student】▰【RANK: E】▰【STRENGTH: 01】▰【SPEED: 00】▰【AGILITY: 00】▰【ENDURANCE: 01】▰【CHAKRA: 100 || 100】▰【STAMINA: 100 || 100】▰【INSECTS: 250 || 250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:56 pm
User Image
The Guilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“What? No, why would I wanna train with you?” Kiku stuttered, blushing like mad. As the student teacher came in, Kiku bolted from the room. Once out, she was able to resummon her puppet and have it hover behind her. Kiku’s heels clicked as she made her way out, doing her best to put this behind her. Why did I feel the need to be vulnerable around him, of all people? She grumbled to herself and grit her teeth. And he’s literally full of bugs! What is wrong with him? Her and her puppet clenched her fist as her mind raced as fast as her heart. He had no reason to be talking to me like that… but…

Kiku came to a gradual stop, her heel clicking becoming a faint echo in the hall. She considered herself above Nimure, but somehow in her short interaction with him Kiku had felt a… genuine connection with the Aburame. Kiku kept a particular amount of subjects around her, but she never felt the need to even care about them. But with Nimure, the shared experience of trauma was probably the most unfamiliar type of bond the puppeteer was used to. Kiku looked at the exit to the Academy quietly. She was struggling to leave, as well as rather hesitant to go back to her own home life.

She turned and ran.

Within a couple of minutes, Kiku stood at the outskirts of the training ground and its sole occupant, Nimure. “Hey!” The blonde yelled out to get the boy’s attention. “So, I uh, I have some techniques I need to work on too. Might as well, since you knew your place and offered.” Kiku blushed again and snapped her face to the side, but her and her puppet jabbed a finger at him. “But don’t tell anyone! Got it?”

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 pm
User Image

▱▰▱Kiku's response was somewhat expected although it did sting a little emotionally. I am not sure why I even bothered offering. I had done so well thus far in avoiding strong friendships in order to focus completely on becoming a JUEI. The JUEI acceptance rate was low so I did not want distractions to hamper my dedication. Reflecting on it, I think I could have been less strict on myself and made it. Nonetheless, I turned my shoulder to her and began walking to the massive training yard outside the hallway by myself. I was also slightly annoyed because I had training plans that required the supervision of another person. Definitely not a teacher sort of person, but a student person would suit me just fine for this exercise. I placed by backpack on the ground and retrieved a taijutsu scroll but before I could get started Kiku ran outside. I felt a surge of excitement but I was too agitated by my swarm irritating me to really emote it. Why am I excited? I wondered for a moment before she inevitably ruined it by annoying me again with her uppity remarks. "Know my place? You might get those other idiots in our class drooling over you by blowing them kisses but I don't care. My place is equal to yours." I spoke up again out of frustration and broke my usual pattern of shyness to speak my mind. I leaned down and unzipped my backpack again and retrieved some jars. I looked around carefully which hinted that I was up to no good. In reality, I was just looking to better myself without too strict regards for safety.

Finding this particular taijutsu style scroll was difficult given that it was banned from academy training for being dangerous. The jars I retrieved from my backpack, as well as other supplies, were obviously toxins upon close inspection by Kiku. "Anyway, let's get to training. Train your own techniques. If you see me fall over then take me to the hospital." I became determined as I thought about mastering the Harmonic Death Arts style and gaining the upper hand against my competition in the academy in pursuing JUEI. It took me weeks to sneak around and gather the materials I needed for this training. A couple of nights ago I carefully measured the poison doses for a training regiment. At the time I was both far too mature for my age but also recklessly immature at the same time. I had lofty career goals but I was a numbskull when it came to taking stupid risks. "I need to ingest poison to learn this very powerful taijutsu style. My insects will be able to eat the poison before it kills me. No need to worry." I tried to sound reassuring to put her at ease but I probably should have realized that it was not going to. I immediately took a bite of a toxic herb with a specific dosage before I started running around the track. I put my body under as much physical stress as possible. I then placed my arms in large jars of poison before trying to keep by balance. I focused on meditating and my breathing as bullets of sweat dripped onto my brow. It felt as if my intestines were on fire and I began to feel dizzy. Each time that I was close to fainting I would feel my insects beginning to eat away at the poison in my system to prevent that from happening. I pulled my arms out of the jars and placed them on the ground before running through an obstacle course. If Kiku were watching then she would see a different aspect of my personality compared to how sheepishly I behaved in school most of the time. I felt confident and unbeatable with each poison that I ingested and overcame. My body was building up an immunity to the toxicity. I was certain that it would not be long before I gained total immunity. "Struggle. Death. Evolution. The swarm is stronger." I repeated these to myself over and over as I trained even harder than I ever had before over the course of an hour. I continued physically exerting myself while hearing static in my head that was essentially the shrieks of insects. I ate the final toxin that I had in my bag to complete my training. I returned to sprinting as far as my little legs could carry me. When I started seeing double again I expected the poison to start being eaten away. It was then that I started collapsing to a kneeling position. "Help!" This was all I could utter in a scream when it dawned on me that I might have run out of kikaichu to eat the poison away. My shouting was begging and pleading with a vulnerable visage to Kiku as I felt myself slip out of consciousness.

×TITLE: Academy Student】▰【RANK: E】▰【STRENGTH: 01】▰【SPEED: 00】▰【AGILITY: 00】▰【ENDURANCE: 01】▰【CHAKRA: 100 || 100】▰【STAMINA: 100 || 100】▰【INSECTS: 000 || 250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:25 pm
User Image
The Guilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“Hmph, fine!” Kiku pouted, crossing her arms and pouting her nose up away from Nimure. She didn’t even know why she bothered coming back to train; it’s not like she needed it. Kiku turned her back to the Aburame as her puppet floated between them. The wooden mannequin, filled with a flowing chakra from its master, leaned down to slam its palm against the earth. In a few moments, a strip of ground separating the two children started to move on its own. “You stay over there, and I’ll be over here!” She didn’t need him anyway, she had the perfect partner in her puppet, like always.

Kiku made a handseal and moisture in the air formed as a small sword, which the puppet grabbed. It readied itself just as Kiku tossed two shuriken at it, one going straight and other curved. Even though the blade was made of water, the puppet managed to send the projectiles back at Kiku with a quick swipe. Using the same basis as her puppet strings, she waved her hand, catching the shuriken with strings of electricity. She definitely wasn’t going to fail her practice, not while Nimure was standing right over there.

Kiku glanced over, wondering what kind of training the boy was doing. Not that she cared, but to see how much better she was doing. Seeing Nimure sitting on the ground, struggling with something made Kiku feel better about her training. Without noticing the jars of poison, the princess assumed he was having trouble with chakra focus. Speaking of chakra, by focusing her own around the puppet’s hand, droplets of water formed along its fingers. It threw them out to Kiku’s face, but she formed earthen gauntlets around her arms to block it. Kiku retaliated by creating five senbon of lightning that hovered around her and fired them off at her puppet. The doll, in turn, seemingly melted into the earth to avoid them. It was then that she heard the cry for help.

In a mild panic, Kiku swirled over to Nimure as her puppet rose from the ground. There, the boy collapsed over on the ground and pain contorting the young boy’s face. It was then that Kiku saw the empty jar, her body freezing in fear as she could make out the label even from where she stood.

“You idiot!” She yelled, as she dashed over to Nimure. Even though she yelled, it was evident that even she was worried about what he’d done. She picked him up with her puppet, gently carrying him by way to avoid causing him to seize, while the girl herself whipped her head around. In a frenzy she tried to find someone -anyone- that could help him. Kiku, her mind racing, had to think of something, and fast! So with nowhere else to go, the little student and her puppet disappeared in a blur of motion with the stupid owner of the disgusting bugs.

Upon arriving at the hospital, Kiku hid behind the entrance gates, her and her puppet peering around the corner. The girl didn’t like what she was going to have to do, and even know she’d spent precious moments trying to get around it. But with Nimure’s condition worsening, she had to bite the bullet. The puppet transferred the boy over to her before disappearing in a smoke cloud. Then Kiku herself was engulfed in the same smoke, before what would only look like a small boy with black hair ran up to the hospital, carrying Nimure.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:44 am
User Image

▱▰▱I was unconscious as I was being carried away from the academy courtyard by the puppet. When Kiku arrived with me at the hospital and took m,e into her own arms my eyes drifted open. I was seeing double as I looked up at Kiku's face but I was far too delirious to notice that she looked different. Thick beads of sweat were dripping down my face and my eyes filled with tears as my body fought off the poison. I fell fully unconscious again as I was being checked into the emergency room. I woke up an hour later and saw several IVs hooked up to me and suddenly I felt much better. When I sat up in my bed the nurses left the room to get the doctor. One of the nurses would bring Kiku into the room as well for the full debriefing. "Well son, somehow you survived several poisons infecting your system at the same time. It looks like all the kikaichu in your body died eating and warding off the effects of the toxins. When the last one died your body was compromised. There are hundreds of eggs that will replace the dead kikaichu in a few hours I expect. We kept you hydrated and gave you an antidote but it seems that your body is now strong enough to ingest a wide variety of poisons. You've only been here for an hour and you're free to go but I must inform your parents. Please write down their contact information on this form." I listened to the doctor's long explanation and from what I could understand it sounded like my toxicity training was successful. Having my bugs eat away the poison before it could kill me but gave my body just enough time to respond and develop antibodies to the poisons seemed to be a worthwhile strategy despite my overestimating how many living kikaichu I had left to eat that last poison. When the doctor said that she needed my family's contact information I nodded as I was handed the release form. I wrote down false names and addresses for my parents knowing that I did not want them to interfere in my training or to worry about me. At the time I felt that I could handle this on my own without their meddling. They made my life regimented enough as it was. I somewhat wonder what life would have been like if I was allowed to just be a regular kid without the constant pressure of not being a colossal disappointment like my brother. I handed the form back and waved at Kiku. As the doctor was leaving the room she looked at Kiku. "Thank you for bringing him to us so quickly. Without you there the worst might've happened. You're welcome to as many lollipops as you want at the front desk, dear." She then nodded her head and left as I pieced together that Kiku was the one who took me to the emergency room, but who was the person I saw carrying me earlier? I walked into a changing room and put my regular clothes on before approaching Kiku. "Thanks for your help. I'm going back to the academy for more training if you want to come with." Now that I was feeling better I paid little mind to going home. I still had several hours left of daylight before my curfew to keep training. I singularly focused on this task as I walked back toward the academy undeterred. 'With my poison resistance up I'll be able to ace the JUEI exam." I spoke to Kiku as we walked and eventually returned to the academy courtyard. I knew that I wanted to specialize in poisons and that if I was entrusted with the rinkaichu someday that even the slightest touch of my palm could be a deadly assassination.

×TITLE: Academy Student】▰【RANK: E】▰【STRENGTH: 01】▰【SPEED: 00】▰【AGILITY: 00】▰【ENDURANCE: 01】▰【CHAKRA: 100 || 100】▰【STAMINA: 100 || 100】▰【INSECTS: 000 || 250

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:40 pm
User Image
The Guilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“Thaaaanks~!” Kiku chimed, already holding two fistfuls of lollipops. She unwrapped one and stuck it in her mouth as her and Nimure left the room. Only an hour, huh? Something felt a little off about that, mostly because she was surprised it only took that long. The girl clicked her candy against her teeth as she waited for Nimure to change. Was she nervous? It was hard to tell for her, but her and her puppet were both tapping a single foot impatiently, as Kiku went through lollipop after lollipop. What if he wasn’t okay? What if the doctors missed something, and he dies in five minutes? What if he was dying right now? It wasn’t like Kiku to care about someone this much, but it also wasn’t like her to be in such a dire situation. And if Nimure was messed up beyond repair, then it would’ve been her fault for not noticing the poison.

By the time the boy had gotten dressed and the two of them had left, Kiku was on her last lollipop. She unwrapped it and casually threw the paper over her shoulder. “Yeah, you should be thanking me!” The girl crossed her arms over her chest and pointed her nose away from Nimure indignantly. “That place is probably infested with bugs now. There better not be any in my hair this time!” She added with a glare, her and her puppet jabbing a finger at the Aburame. Truth was, she'd taken a huge risk to take him to the hospital. She'd had to use her family's name to get him the medical attention that made him okay in such a short time. If it wasn't for that influence, he might've had to wait even longer. And Kiku shuddered to think about what that meant.

He seemed fine. More than fine, actually. Kiku’s eyes narrowed as she tried to read him. Nimure seemed… happy? As they stopped back at the academy, the words that he spoke and the nonchalantness of his attitude about the whole thing rubbed her the wrong way. Kiku stopped and clenched her fist, a wave of passion washing over her that made her crush the candy in her mouth with her teeth.

“What is wrong with you? Did that poison kill your brain?” She asked after his talk of JUEI. “You nearly died not two hours ago, and you’re talking about some [i[exam?” Kiku’s purple eyes flared as she huffed out air from her nose. “Don’t you have a family that cares about you, Nimure?! Uhhhhh, ‘sorry mom and dad, I really wanted to make you proud but I can’t now ‘cause I’m super DEAD!'"

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias