o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:18 pm
User Image

He left his home behind; he could not stay there longer under the stares. He walked a long way from his herd. He wanted to keep as much distance as possible for he didn’t want to get homesick and return he needed this journey in order to find acceptance. Sure, his family accepted him but the others treated him like he was some sort of demon spawn. It was cold out and the sky was gray as if snow was soon to fall.

He recalled meeting a kalona on a snowy day. That encounter cost him the freedom of roaming. His father became overprotective and signed the herd’s guard to keep an eye on him as a foal. It was annoying and rumors started to spark that the guard was watching him for a different reason. As he got older he made the decision to leave.

In the distance he could see a forest; it looked dense even though the trees wore bear. He sighed and headed into the forest. He had no particular destination just roaming to find anyone who would accept him. He had thoughts of joining his father’s old flock but feared he would be rejected on the spot since his father left. He stopped before a frozen stream and shook his head “Well that won’t do.” He said to himself.

He had best leave this forest as soon as possible. Griever continued to walk until he reached a clearing in the forest.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 pm
User Image Dagrun was resting in the clearing. The temperature had started to drop and the sky was getting grayer. It would snow soon, she was sure of it. The trees would off some protection, but not much. She needed to find a cave for shelter. The ulun'suti blood in her made her sluggish with the colder weather.

The mare had found some grass that still thrived despite the cold, making a short snack of the tufts. She knew the near by stream was frozen already, but she wanted to wait until she was under shelter before using her abilities to summon some water. Dagrun didn't want to use her power if she could avoid it, she didn't know if she would need it to defend herself....

She glanced up as these thoughts moved through her head and spotted the vibrant and dark male walking into the clearing. He has the plumage of a hippogriff, but four clawed feet. One of the offspring of the 'harpies'. She'd been wanting to speak to a harpy, ask them about their culture and how it differed from other hippogriffs....but this one was different than others. His claws were exaggerated, and his had spines along his back. The long haired tail also spoke that he was not a full blooded harpy, either.

Dagrun tilted her head, then smiled. She stood up, hoping this stallion was friendly. "Hello...there is grass here. Not much, but enough to stop a little stomach grumbling..."

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 am
kaliskanny

Griever stopped in his tracks when he heard a voice speak to him. He was not expecting to find anyone in this forest. It seemed quiet and dead at the moment before snowfall. He turned to look and found himself looking at a blue hippogriff. She looked much like a harpy but different at the same time and rumors were that they could use elements. His pupil-less eyes rested upon her eyes and he smirked “I can see that; you must be a hippogriff?” he asked her.

He’s never seen one before but he could tell the difference between a harpy and a hippogriff. He doubted they shared the same attitudes that his father mentioned about harpies. He glanced up at the sky “You should seek shelter. It should be snowing soon.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 am
The mare nodded at his concern, returning the smile. "Thank you. I was about to try and find a cave to rest in until the snow passed."

She nodded to his question, then frowned and shook her head. "No...no. I am only half hippogriff. I am half ulun'suti as well. That makes me a hippo'suti, I would suppose. Would you like to share the grass?"

Dagrun moved aside to allow the stallion access, not wanting to seem a threat or give him reason to act out. While she would do what she could to defend herself, she was not much of a fighter. "Are you a harpy? I've heard they have four claws, but didn't know they had hair tails rather than feathers. I've never met one before..."

She decided not to mention his spines, just in case it wasn't polite.

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm
“Hippo’suti interesting.” He said to her, so that meant she was a half-breed. He gave a light nod to her invitation and started to graze upon the grass. He looked up to her when she asked if he was a harpy and gave a light nod “Well half harpy anyways. I never lived in the flock though my father left when he was younger.” He told her simply.

He was curious of her a bit simply because he’s never seen this crossbreed before. He did not say much as he continued to eat away at the grass just now and then glancing her way trying to compute the info he was taking in by her appearance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:41 pm
"Why did he leave the flock? Or rather...how?" Dagrun was walking closer to the edge of the clearing, eying the frozen stream. "I thought males in their flock had no rights and were merely kept as breeding. I've only heard stories and rumors. You're the first harpy, even half harpy, that I have had the honor of talking to."

The mare tapped at the hard surface of the stream, frowning. She was sure her grazing companion would want to wash down the grass, but she still would rather not summon something unless she had a place to gather it for later. She brought her hoof harder on the ice, trying to see how thick it was. As she did this, she called over her shoulder, "Did you see any shelter when you came this way? Something rocky, preferably. I can summon some water, but I'd prefer to have something to gather the water in to keep after the puddle disappears..."

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am
He stopped eating and looked up to her “Because if you try to return they’ll reject you. As well as attack you and blindfold you to leave you only in the homelands where the skinwalkers live.” He gave a light nod, knowing the harpy family is not the sweetest lot.

Griever thought back about some rocks nearby and gave a nod. He stood straight and looked towards the way he came from “I saw some a little ways down.” He told her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 pm
"Lovely lot they are," Dagrun shook her head. She clearly did not approve. "Did they do that to your father?"

She looked in the direction the stallion had glanced. "Lovely, then would you mind helping me gather water when I summon it? I'll gladly share it with you...."

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm
“No, he just simply left. He never wanted to return.” He said simply. He wondered if his father missed his parents and brother, though he never asked him. He turned to look a Dagrun and gave a light nod to help her. Griever started to head back towards the way he came, it was not too far just a little down the way. Once they got there he stopped before the rocky side and turned to look at her “Will this do?” he asked her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 pm
Dagrun followed the stallion, listening to him and nodding slightly. "So, why did he leave? Did you ask? I mean...I didn't think they let their males leave."

She paused when he showed her the rocky side, then stepped past to see if there was more to it. She went around the bend of it, then peeked back at him. "You're brilliant, you know? There's a cave over here...not a big one, but enough shelter, as well as a place for collecting water. Come on in, let's have a drink. Maybe you can tell me about your travels..."

The mare walked back into the opening, finding a small stone ledge that dipped out from the wall. She looked up at the stalactite above it. She concentrated her water to start there, since it would evaporate from the point it was summoned to, but not collected at. Once the water had gathered in the stone 'basin', she turned and looked at Griever. "So, how fancy was that?"

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 pm
Griever seemed amazed by her talent. Did she make water just now? He has never seen anything like it before. He almost felt suspicious that she was some sort of witch or something. He gave a light nod “Quite amazing. I never knew such a talent could be used.” He told her while looking down at the water.

He waited for her to take her fill. He did not want to be rude and dive in. She did after all summon the water he did not do anything really. Though he suppose he did find a cave well sort of since he did not realize one was nearby. He gave a light nod about telling her some things though he would keep most hidden since he was not a very open guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm
Once Dagrun had finished drinking, she stepped back to let the stallion have his fill. She was sure he'd be thirsty as well. She looked up at the water dripping down, thinking about his remark. "Well...do you know what an ulun'suti is? They can use elements...or summon them, rather. Like fire or earth...or water. My mother was an ulun'suti of the water variety, my father was a hippogriff. I am not as talented as my mother, but I did inherit a little of her water summoning."

She seemed embarrassed to share this information. It wasn't often that Dagrun shared about her past, her station was listening to the tales of others. She looked at Griever, "Have you never seen anyone summon the elements before?"

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 pm
Once allowed he took long drinking gulps from the pool of water. He pulled away from it before thinking about what she had said. He did not even know of such of a race, perhaps they were a new breed since no tales were told about them in his herd. He shook his head “I know nothing of them.” He told her simply. A sudden cold breeze passed them and he looked towards the cave then looked back towards her “We should head in.” he told her before walking towards the direction of the cave. Once he got inside the cave he plopped himself down on the ground.

He looked towards her “So what do you wish to know about harpies? I know little.” He told her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:03 am
Dagrun nodded at his suggestion, then followed him into the cave. She settled herself near him on the floor, so that their combined heat could keep out the cold. "We were some what hidden for a very long time from the world. Then some certain events led to our barriers being brought down. I imagine you'll see more in you travels."

She tilted her head slightly, the charms on her forehead making soft chimes. "Well, I would like to know anything you know about them. I've always heard of them, but never have seen them. I know they are an off shoot of the hippogriffs, and they keep their males for breeding. That is all I know."

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

o-Elixir-o

IRL Shoujo

14,250 Points
  • Party Machine 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 pm
“I see.” He thought about the race more. It would make sense that his herd knew nothing of them since they barely explored these days. Not ever since his great grandfather’s son was taken by the harpies. However his grandson who was his father returned to him. Griever just looked towards Dagrun and thought about what he should say. He knew the harpies were a possessive violent race but they did however have good family bounding.

He blinked his eyes “Well, it’s true they do keep males for breeding. My grandfather was taken by a harpy and he’s never returned. However my father said that my grandfather chose to stay behind since he found love there.” Griever paused thinking about his grandfather Night Wind and his harpy lover Celaeno “My father has a brother also who chose to stay in the flock. From what I know most harpies look down on males. Are they tools? I’m not sure but outsiders would think that..”

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff