Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE Charity Event Guild

Back to Guilds

Charity Events held here! 

Tags: Charity, Event, Santa, Claus 

Reply THE Library in THE Attic
Dear Santa (Write a Letter & maybe win your Wish!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OtherWorldShukumei

Crew

Cluttered Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 am
User Image
Dear Santa!

Welcome to the Dear Santa room. You'll see we have lots of desks with Christmasy-themed papers and mugs filled with multi-colored pens. Come, take a seat, grab a pen and paper, and join us!

In this room, you have everything at your disposal to write Santa Claus a letter. Tell him what you would like for Christmas, and maybe we'll be able to grant your wish. There are a few rules and guidelines for this, so please continue to read on!

To be eligible to win a prize, you must buy a ticket to THE Christmas Charity Festival (only 1,000g).

What You Might Win:
*You may only ask for a Gaia item. We can't send you a bike in the mail.
*The Gaian item you ask for cannot be worth more than 250k. Santa has a lot of gifts to give out, and his elves can only fork out so much to help. This isn't to say to find an item worth exactly 250k and expect it. Items worth less than 100k are more likely to be given.
*In order to qualify for a prize, the item you ask for must be in your PUBLIC Wishlist. If your profile is hidden, we can't see it. If the item you ask for is not in your wishlist, you won't be able to win.
*You can only ask for one item. You won't be disqualified for listing two items (you'd only get one if you won), but you will be disqualified if there are three or more items in your letter.
*There will be at least one winner. Depending on funds, we may be able to grant a few more wishes. The more variety of things people ask for, the more likely we will be able to help more than one or two Gaians.
*I, OtherWorldShukumei, will be reading all the letters and choosing a few that I like the most to win. Other Elves might help out in choosing or contribute to prizes (see second post if you're an Elf interested in being involved).

How to Write your Letter:
*You can write your letter in multiple ways. Either way, all letters must be posted in this thread only. Don't PM or post it in the main Charity Event thread.
*You can simply type out and post your letter. You may add colors and other coding to pretty it up if you wish.
*You can write your letter on a Christmas-themed image using an image manipulator program like Paint or Photoshop. If the image is large and will stretch the page, please "link" the image rather than embedding it into the post.
*You can hand-write a letter and scan the image to show us. Again, if the image is large, please "link" it.
*The more interesting the letter, the more likely you are to win a prize. Posts that are just the item you want will not count. Think about a letter and what it includes. Structure and grammar will be looked upon highly. Imaginative and creative letters will take the top.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 am
Calling Santa's Elves!

For those of you that help THE Santa Claus with the Charity Event's, you can help out here, too, if you wish.

I'm looking for:
-Judges = people to read letters and rate their favorites
-Gifters = people willing to buy a gift worth no more than 250k (I hope that some users will ask for "cheaper" things, and a gifter to buy even one person something worth like 25k would be awesome!)
-Funds = people willing to add to my "funds" for this thread. I have about 300k saved up to grant up to 2 wishes depending on what they ask for. More collected gold would mean more granted wishes!

None of you are required to help, but 'twould be appreciated, of course. heart

On that note, non-Santa elves are welcome to send donations if they wish. ?Please label trades/gifts so that I know what it's for.

OtherWorldShukumei

Crew

Cluttered Cat

OtherWorldShukumei

Crew

Cluttered Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 am
Letter Examples

Bad letters (won't qualify)
BadLetter1
Kiki

BadLetter2
I want a Coco Kitty Plushie.

BadLetter3
giv me ninja headband kthxbai

BadLetter4
Yull give me angelic lace right? Its not on wishlist though

Good letters (qualifying, but not likely winning)
GoodLetter1
Santa, I would like a Toxic Kitten for Xmas. Thanks! heart

GoodLetter2
Dear Santa,
A spirited scarf for Christmas would be awesome!

Better letters (this or better is what we'd like to see)
BetterLetter1
Dear Santa,

I know you're probably really busy this Christmas with getting presents ready for all the good little boys and girls. I hope I've been good enough to get on your list! biggrin If it's not too much to ask for, I'd really love a
Spring Nymph for Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

OtherWorldShukumei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 am
Participants

-FurrySoft = Mrs. Claws Sweater

Winners!

-FurrySoft

OtherWorldShukumei

Crew

Cluttered Cat

Ze FurrySoft

Fluffy Kitten

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 am
Dear Santa,

I would love to get a Mrs. Claws Sweater from this year's event. I missed that day and it made me sad. I hope your Mrs. Claus is much happier than the kitty on the sweater, though. Thank you, Santa!

Love,
FurrySoft

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm
FurrySoft
Dear Santa,

I would love to get a Mrs. Claws Sweater from this year's event. I missed that day and it made me sad. I hope your Mrs. Claus is much happier than the kitty on the sweater, though. Thank you, Santa!

Love,
FurrySoft
Seems you were the only one to 'officially' put in a letter, so congrats on getting your wish!  

OtherWorldShukumei

Crew

Cluttered Cat

Ze FurrySoft

Fluffy Kitten

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 pm
OtherWorldShukumei
FurrySoft
Dear Santa,

Love,
FurrySoft
Seems you were the only one to 'officially' put in a letter, so congrats on getting your wish!

Thank you so much! heart  
THE Library in THE Attic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff