Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fans guild

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of every type to come and hang out. Everyone is welcome. 

Tags: random, role playing, naruto, anime, videogames 

Reply Movie Discussion
Horror

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithful desires
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:38 pm
I like horror movies  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:09 pm
I like watching horror movies with other people, if they have a good storyline... The storyline is really what captures me, like the one movie where they were trying to open the occulus or the eye to hell, it wasn't really scary, but it was well written.

(off topic, i feel like reading the Divine Comedy... it seems pretty cool)  

Beautus

Faithful desires
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 pm
lol i enjoy a lot of horror movies but sometimes they don't scare me... I'm that a*****e laughing in the movie theator while the scary scene is on the screen  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:06 pm
Mis kit the kitty girl
lol i enjoy a lot of horror movies but sometimes they don't scare me... I'm that a*****e laughing in the movie theator while the scary scene is on the screen

Im the guy sitting there, silently the whole way through it, or whispering to the person next to me and laughing with them, silently.  

Beautus

Faithful desires
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm
Beautus
Mis kit the kitty girl

Im the guy sitting there, silently the whole way through it, or whispering to the person next to me and laughing with them, silently.

nice. I'm like that when with my parents  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm
Mis kit the kitty girl
Beautus
Mis kit the kitty girl

I watched a movie with my uncle at his house and all we did was bullshit all the way through it about how unprovable the situation was, and we started throwing in the laws of physics, and things like that, and different philosophies about how this could or couldn't happen.  

Beautus

Faithful desires
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:35 pm
Beautus
Mis kit the kitty girl
Beautus
Mis kit the kitty girl

I watched a movie with my uncle at his house and all we did was bullshit all the way through it about how unprovable the situation was, and we started throwing in the laws of physics, and things like that, and different philosophies about how this could or couldn't happen.

i use to do that lots with my friends amanda when i was still in dayton  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 pm
from what I've head the divine comedy isn't an easy book to read. its like when reading Shakespeare. there are so many pop culture references you have to research so many ancient greek philosophers and myth for it to make much sense. I could be wrong but thats what I've heard.  

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100

Beautus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm
Jin_of_the_thunder
from what I've head the divine comedy isn't an easy book to read. its like when reading Shakespeare. there are so many pop culture references you have to research so many ancient greek philosophers and myth for it to make much sense. I could be wrong but thats what I've heard.

My friend rakhim said it was halarious, and I understand greek philosophy and lore... Plus I've read shakespere on my own before... Not a huge fan, but it was OK.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:51 pm
fair enough and I don't really like shakespeare to be honest i can't see how anybody can. its like a cave painting. I mean it was the first of the mainstream. i mean pretty much anything now is shakespearian but much more progressed.  

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 am
Enlightened Age in Europe which is why so many make a fuss over that era. Honestly I call it an excuse to not answer for being such dicks and snobs in the Dark Age.

Anyways I like horror movies but I want them to be smart horror movies, tired of the girl not using her brain...same for the guy...probably why I like the first several Saw movies, afterwards, just making them to make money  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Beautus
I like watching horror movies with other people, if they have a good storyline... The storyline is really what captures me, like the one movie where they were trying to open the occulus or the eye to hell, it wasn't really scary, but it was well written.

(off topic, i feel like reading the Divine Comedy... it seems pretty cool)

Good read. I should pick it up, too.
Also. Horror movies aren't my thing. My imagination is quite hyperactive. Often my own thoughts become more contrived and horrifying than the movie I've watched. I thus avoid them. Weaksauce, right? >.>  

Storm And Stress

Black-Sakura-Rain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:30 am
In my opion it's very hard to find a good horror movie cause they usually either have a bad plot or have to much gore and not enough scaryness. But they're fun to watch anyway!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:49 am
Black-Sakura-Rain
In my opion it's very hard to find a good horror movie cause they usually either have a bad plot or have to much gore and not enough scaryness. But they're fun to watch anyway!

This it so very true. I find myself turned away from a lot of them recently, simply because I can't get into the story-line of it. Blood and Gore and such are great, don't get me wrong, but I need more than just death and entrails to truly catch my attention.  

Demondea

Movie Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff