Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Memory Haunts You

Lux Fortuna

azphyxxxiate

I can try to get on tonight. But I think it would be best to find a replacement for me if you guys do end up doing it today. I'll let you guys know if I'll be able to make it or not. ^_^

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Lux Fortuna

Memory Haunts You

azphyxxxiate

I'm ready for some mythbusting. ninja

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Zealand_Aquarius
I like this thread and I like the idea behind it as well keep up the errrr good work? Can I say that?

ValKyriePunk20
Shinju_hashimfo
ValKyriePunk20

I got informed that there was some testing for DMS? What exactly is this myth that were solving?

I really love your guys work on the drop rates! 3nodding But I want to tackle one of the mysterious white whales of DMS... The supposed idea that with certain map generations in GM, you can hit HPR in less than two rooms. eek

Just wanted to say that I was in a crew that did this, its never happened again to me but its true eek

Although the chances of generating the rooms are really hard to duplicate, it is still an interesting phenomenon that, if it is true, would really raise the question of whether the maps are completely random or have a set limit of paths to HPR. But I would love to hear more about what happened in the instance where your crew found HPR in two rooms. Were you coming from Yellow to Green? Or were you going directly into Green? What were the two rooms that you had, if you can remember, that led you to HPR? blaugh

Rainbow Hunter

Shinju_hashimfo

Lux Fortuna

Owlie

Follow-up on our experiment of yesterday.

The question we were trying to find an answer to:
"Is it in any way possible to get Lux to do his homework instead of DMS testing?"

What we tried:

An effort was put forward by Shinju, helped by me, to have a sort of ladies' night at smEBbing. Sadly, one of our ladies DC'd before we got started and three others were struck by the condition of "slight irritation due to the impression of time being lost".
It is still up to speculation whether these problems were caused by sheer coincidence, or by Lux sending out bad vibes to troll us all the way to Gold Beach. Follow-up: we might have to smEB more while he is being preoccupied by real-life obligations, to see if the same inexplicable disasters occur again.

Owlie, on the other hand, had stated: "If you're not going to test, then I'm going to go on a proper DMS run". Yet, when Shinju and I strolled down from Gold Beach to the Gate in Bill's Ranch to see what was happening there, there she stood. Had she not tried very hard to find crew, or had she fallen victim to the same "no crew for you tonight, mwhahahaha" vibes that Lux was sending out? This remains yet to be investigated.

More than an hour had passed by now, and to top it off, while we were standing by the gate doing nothing in particular, who appears but Lux. Presumably the shenanigans that followed were part of social experiments he genuinely needed to do as a necessary research to complete his homework - but that is a far stretch I'm making here in order to give the gentleman the benefit of the doubt. whee

Overall result: At the end of the experiment, instead of either doing homework OR DMS testing, it turned out that neither had been done. We might thus conclude that our efforts were detrimentally counterproductive.

Next up to be figured out is the myth: "Is Lux actively trying to kill me?" So far, the answer seems to be "yes". I will however take the necessary precautions and remind myself never ever again to consume any beverage whatsoever, especially not coffee, while looking at any window he might be posting in. Choking on coffee HURTS!! crying

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Memory Haunts You

"Is it in any way possible to get Lux to do his homework instead of DMS testing?"

What we tried:

An effort was put forward by Shinju, helped by me, to have a sort of ladies' night at smEBbing. Sadly, one of our ladies DC'd before we got started and three others were struck by the condition of "slight irritation due to the impression of time being lost".
It is still up to speculation whether these problems were caused by sheer coincidence, or by Lux sending out bad vibes to troll us all the way to Gold Beach. Follow-up: we might have to smEB more while he is being preoccupied by real-life obligations, to see if the same inexplicable disasters occur again.

Owlie, on the other hand, had stated: "If you're not going to test, then I'm going to go on a proper DMS run". Yet, when Shinju and I strolled down from Gold Beach to the Gate in Bill's Ranch to see what was happening there, there she stood. Had she not tried very hard to find crew, or had she fallen victim to the same "no crew for you tonight, mwhahahaha" vibes that Lux was sending out? This remains yet to be investigated.

More than an hour had passed by now, and to top it off, while we were standing by the gate doing nothing in particular, who appears but Lux. Presumably the shenanigans that followed were part of social experiments he genuinely needed to do as a necessary research to complete his homework - but that is a far stretch I'm making here in order to give the gentleman the benefit of the doubt. whee

Overall result: At the end of the experiment, instead of either doing homework OR DMS testing, it turned out that neither had been done. We might thus conclude that our efforts were detrimentally counterproductive.

Next up to be figured out is the myth: "Is Lux actively trying to kill me?" So far, the answer seems to be "yes". I will however take the necessary precautions and remind myself never ever again to consume any beverage whatsoever, especially not coffee, while looking at any window he might be posting in. Choking on coffee HURTS!! crying

rofl rofl rofl

Don't forget your coffee cup quote "Beware! Don't drink while Lux is present."

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Memory Haunts You
Shinju_hashimfo

Lux Fortuna

Owlie

What we tried:

User Image

User Image

User Image

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Shinju_hashimfo

Lux Fortuna

Memory Haunts You

What we tried:

Owlie, on the other hand, had stated: "If you're not going to test, then I'm going to go on a proper DMS run". Yet, when Shinju and I strolled down from Gold Beach to the Gate in Bill's Ranch to see what was happening there, there she stood. Had she had not tried very hard to find crew, or had because she had fallen victim to the same "no crew for you tonight, mwhahahaha" vibes that Lux was sending out? This remains yet to be investigated.

Lux and Shinji crewed Owlie, implying subtly that there might be a run in the near future, which effectively prevented her from crewing with anyone else.

Overall result: At the end of the experiment, instead of either doing homework OR DMS testing, it turned out that neither had been done. Owlie also did not complete a single room of DMS which had been her main objective. We might thus conclude that our efforts were detrimentally counterproductive.

Updated.

Rainbow Hunter

Lux Fortuna

eek

That's "alot" of Luxalots... eek

Owlie

Thank you for this very insightful update! 3nodding That certainly sheds some more light on the matter at hand.

Shinju_hashimfo

Yes, I may want to take the precaution to invest in a Lux-proof coffee mug.

Dangerous Foe

35,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Just to let you know...zurg has returned....and is NOT a myth.

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Owlie

Memory Haunts You

@Owlie- rofl rofl rofl I wasn't interested in doing any DMS, and since Lux showed up I didn't want to distract him. [I know it failed anyway (///_.)]

@mama- xd Whenever you see him, make sure to put all drinks 10 feet away from you so there is no chance of choking.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
The Assassin of Doom
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Just to let you know...zurg has returned....and is NOT a myth.
Interesting statement. Got any proof to back up your claim?

Shameless Gawker

Was wondering if summons really causes lag. I noticed that I get lag regardless... could be just my laptop though.
And I know this lag thing usually isn't a prob in DMS, mostly for smobbers and smebbers.User Image

User Image

Destructive Bunny

2) Heal Tanking and Aggro: The use of a Heal Tank is to be a healer for the crew. A Heal Tank (Known as Aggro to the uneducated) is necessary for every part of the instance.

I heard a story today about a crew doing lust without heal tank, using the bandage/wish mobbing route. Would be interested to know if any crews suceeded using this method, and how long it took xp

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage

1) Armor Rewriting: A Rage Rank 1 Armor Buff overwrites a Rage Rank 4 Armor Buff. This can apply to any instance, anywhere in zOMG. As far as has been said, it's a visual glitch.

Rock Armor stats

My CL: 10.0
Ghost Lantern CL: 10.5
Damage lost w/ Rock Armor RR4:
User Image
User Image
-The range of damage was anywhere from a minimum of around 50 to a maximum of 75 or so
Damage lost w/ Rock Armor RR1 rewrite:
User Image
User Image
-The range of damage was still the same; between 50 and 75

Would this be enough data to call the myth busted, or should i get some data from Sphere and Pot Lid as well? It would be difficult to test those 2, since i would have to keep track of how many total attacks were deflected/reflected out of the times i was hit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff