Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Anas Norazim
done. check it now.

Added to submissions list. Thank you for entering. ^^
I'll probably settle on a critiquing rubric by the end of the week. So it might a little while before you here back on an evaluation.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Definitely keeping this in mind :3 I'll start workin on something

Sparkly Lunatic

18,140 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
bump!
Love it! ♥

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
So I have one entry for the animated contest. Hoping there are more coming. ^^

Benevolent Codger

Berryfarmer
3 ) Artwork is necessary. It helps the description and it gives a good visual representation of your creation.

Are you sure that artwork is really a necessity? I can imagine a lot of potential entrants - even some who would be able to accurately express a concept through art - being turned off by what appears to be a pretty steep requirement. I mean, I do understand that you're not looking for a genuine work-of-art, but there's still a pretty broad distinction between sharing a concept, and illustrating it. sweatdrop

Of course, I understand why graphics of some sort would be strongly encouraged - the visual-to-text-and-back translation is a little difficult to pull off, even for a skilled wordsmith. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words, and in this case that's particularly true - anyone who was trying to submit an entry without imagery would need to put in a great deal of effort to keep up with even simplistic graphics. However, I'd still be rather hesitant to deny the option to put forth such an effort, particularly for those who would be willing to try, but who don't feel that they can successfully convey that effort through art. And yes, I realise that only one of the two contests requires artwork - but I'd still hate to see really great Animated designs going untold simply because they prospect of illustrating them is too daunting. redface

At the very least, I'd suggest making it clear that this isn't intended to be an art contest, and that you're only intending to 'grade' the graphics based on the ideas they convey - not on the quality of the illustration itself. What's more, if anyone has ideas that they don't feel comfortable illustrating themselves, I'd encourage them to post them anyway, and if anyone feels compelled to grace them with a little complimentary graphics work, sobeit. I know I'd personally be perfectly willing to devote a little graphics work if it meant the difference between a good idea getting a chance, and the same idea being passed over - and since it's the concept being judged anyway, outside artistic contributions shouldn't make the judging necessarily more difficult.

Just my considerations, anyhow - feel free to pay as little heed as you so choose. Additionally, since I haven't mentioned it yet, thank you for running this contest. I've been sincerely hoping to see a contest of this nature around the z!F for quite some time. I'm glad someone's finally taken the initiative to put it together, and I hope it all goes as well as it undoubtedly deserves to... 3nodding

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Red Kutai
Berryfarmer
3 ) Artwork is necessary. It helps the description and it gives a good visual representation of your creation.

Are you sure that artwork is really a necessity? I can imagine a lot of potential entrants - even some who would be able to accurately express a concept through art - being turned off by what appears to be a pretty steep requirement. I mean, I do understand that you're not looking for a genuine work-of-art, but there's still a pretty broad distinction between sharing a concept, and illustrating it. sweatdrop

Of course, I understand why graphics of some sort would be strongly encouraged - the visual-to-text-and-back translation is a little difficult to pull off, even for a skilled wordsmith. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words, and in this case that's particularly true - anyone who was trying to submit an entry without imagery would need to put in a great deal of effort to keep up with even simplistic graphics. However, I'd still be rather hesitant to deny the option to put forth such an effort, particularly for those who would be willing to try, but who don't feel that they can successfully convey that effort through art. And yes, I realise that only one of the two contests requires artwork - but I'd still hate to see really great Animated designs going untold simply because they prospect of illustrating them is too daunting. redface

At the very least, I'd suggest making it clear that this isn't intended to be an art contest, and that you're only intending to 'grade' the graphics based on the ideas they convey - not on the quality of the illustration itself. What's more, if anyone has ideas that they don't feel comfortable illustrating themselves, I'd encourage them to post them anyway, and if anyone feels compelled to grace them with a little complimentary graphics work, sobeit. I know I'd personally be perfectly willing to devote a little graphics work if it meant the difference between a good idea getting a chance, and the same idea being passed over - and since it's the concept being judged anyway, outside artistic contributions shouldn't make the judging necessarily more difficult.

Just my considerations, anyhow - feel free to pay as little heed as you so choose. Additionally, since I haven't mentioned it yet, thank you for running this contest. I've been sincerely hoping to see a contest of this nature around the z!F for quite some time. I'm glad someone's finally taken the initiative to put it together, and I hope it all goes as well as it undoubtedly deserves to... 3nodding

When I say art I mean some kind of concept sketch, doesn't need to be anything fancy just so long as it conveys the general idea of the creature they describe in their entry. Like if I wanted to submit a Flying Giftbox, a rough sketch showing the winged giftbox with the fitting description would be plenty.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Would you mind if I posted your thread in my "zOMG community" bubble?
I really love your idea and it deserves support.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Berryfarmer
[Example 2:
Ring: Lancer User Image
Description: Get ready to fire your LAZOR! This ring sends out a lance made of pure Ghi energy and strikes your target. You can fire a short burst or a sustained beam depending on your preference.
Range: Extreme
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Cost: Stamina: Beam- 5 per second, Burst- 4.44
Ring Effects: At CL 10.0
Burst:
RR1: 80-115 Damage
RR2: 110-145 Damage
RR3: 140-170 Damage
RR4: 165-200 Damage

Beam:
30 DPS

damn it, i was giong to do a laz0r ring :<

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Berryfarmer
Create A Ring!

i has entry:

Ring: Death Dice User Image
Description: When all else fails, gamble for your life! When you roll the Death Dice, you have a chance of getting to use 1 of 6 special attacks. Higher rage ranks increase the effect of each attack. (Damage for each attack is at cl 10.0)
-1. Toxic Spill: Oops! You left a can of toxic waste open and it spilled all over the surrounding area! This causes the Animated to get brain damage and start attacking each other, unable to tell friend from enemy. Higher rage ranks increase the area that is affected, and has a better chance of affecting all the surrounding Animated. (AoE Attack)
--Stamina Usage: 11
-2. TIMBEEER!: If a tree falls on an Animated, does it hurt? You bet it does! A nearby tree falls down on the surrounding Animated, making them unable to move (Root). (Ranged attack)
--DPS:
RR1: 13-20
RR2: 25-40
RR3: 45-70
RR4: 100-150
--Range: Extreme
--Stamina Usage: 6
-3. Dam it!: A careless volunteer worker fell asleep on the job and opened the water dam, flooding a large surrounding area. Higher rage ranks increase the power and size of the tidal wave, and increases the knockback executed. (AoE attack)
-4. Boy, am I glad to see you!: You summon Marshall from the depths of Shallow Seas to scare the animated away. Higher rage ranks increase Marshall's nudity, as well as the chance of getting scared and area affected, and may cause them to attempt to commit suicide. (Crowd Control)
--Range: Moderate
--Stamina Usage: 7
-5. Watch your step!: If you land on this attack, you drop one mine per second for 5 seconds. If an Animated walks on one, then BOOM! Higher rage ranks increase the power of the blast, as well as the amount of mines you can place.
-6. LAAANDSHAAAARK!: Could it be? Yes, it's a Landshark! You summon him from the sands of Gold Beach to omnomnom your enemies. Higher rage ranks increase the damage done, knockback, and may scare your enemies for a short while.
--Range: Moderate
--Stamina Usage: 8

Cooldown: Moderate

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
Anas Norazim
Here comes my entry.

Animated Name: Mouse
Description: Mouse are Animated born with the appearance of a mouse,they are a very depended on numbers and tend to attack in groups. When they die, the Mouse electrocute themselves, their eyes turning "X".
Environment: The Mouse can be found in urban areas such as Aekea and Barton.
CL and HP:
10.0 (550 Hp)

Aggressive or Passive: Passive
Spawns in Groups? Yes
How does it attack? Mouse tends to stab in close range and electrocute the player on long range
Other Notes:
Artwork: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If photo is not showing up, heres the link

This would be awesome in Aekea where the robots aside!Amazing entry on my opinion!

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
Can I ask that you make a template of the things we have to include in ring and animated.By this I mean:

Ring:
Description:
Range:
Cooldown:
Cost: Stamina/Ghi:
Ring Effects:

RR1:
RR2:
RR3:
RR4:

It would make it easier for me and others to simply copy and paste that template instead of manually typing it each time.Thanks in advance

Also: I think you typo'ed when doing ur first post.It says "Phatom" instead of Phantom.

Questionable Humorist

Ohhh, i have the best idea for this. But, I'll probably forget about it..

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan's Princess

Invisible Friend

14,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Berryfarmer

When I say art I mean some kind of concept sketch, doesn't need to be anything fancy just so long as it conveys the general idea of the creature they describe in their entry. Like if I wanted to submit a Flying Giftbox, a rough sketch showing the winged giftbox with the fitting description would be plenty.

Dark thinks a FAQ is in order, With this and the more than one submission. and Other questions as they come up.

and I have a ring and an animated I'll work on something. May be hand drawn on note book paper. I'm thinking I'll make a few more animated. I have a couple items/ideas that would make good animated. ^_^

I_Am_Cowbows_Fan's Princess

Invisible Friend

14,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100

Also Dark liked the template idea. It'll make it easier, like a fill in the blank I made up the template if you want to use it. ^_^ if you don't like it I can always delete it

Ring template
[b]Ring:[/b]
[b]Description[/b]:
[b]Range: [/b]
[b]Cooldown: [/b]
[b]Cost: Stamina:[/b]
[b]Ring Effects:[/b]
[b]RR1:[/b]
[b]RR2:[/b]
[b]RR3:[/b]
[b]RR4:[/b]

Animated Template