Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Cat

every ring has its purpose

except taunt

Mega Mage

Gemenice
twiggimmapiggus
You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group? I think people that make mistakes with their rings are people that have never played an MMO before, or have never reached end-game content in one.

Funny thing is, I consider myself great in MMO's. And I play a bunch of them, from LoL, through R.O.S.E, LOTRo, DCUO and bunch of others all the way to SWTOR, and I never once researched my class. I just figure out which one would I love most when I read the describtion while ACTUALLY choosing, didn't look into the guides to 'what do you do in this or that area' because I wanted to figure out the basics myself.

I did the same with zOMG, and seriously, I never once had a problem with people complaining about the way I play. Maybe because I let them give me hints. Problem? People rarely do that nowdays. THey don't care if you're 10.0 or not, they just expect you to KNOW. WHich is stupid, in my own humble opinion.

Hell, the first day of DMS being opened to the users with amulet? I still remember the CHAOS. we worked together, we communicated and hell, we managed to work well with being crews of 10.0 and not having anyone to hold the aggro.

So no, you don't HAVE to research your class/rings/areas. You need crew that would COMMUNICATE, especially if they see you're new in this.

I'm actually guilty of researching my class up the wazoo in whatever game I play. ^^;; I still play the one I love most (mages and warlocks, mostly. :3), but I have that nasty habit of wanting to crunch numbers and 'have the best spec'. I need to loosen up. xD

I agree with you totally. Everyone can have the best gear and the super awesome buffs, but if there's no communication the raid goes downhill. Do peeps in ZoMG use skype or Ventrilo to communicate with each other? I'm just wondering. :3

Rainbow Nerd

twiggimmapiggus
Do peeps in ZoMG use skype or Ventrilo to communicate with each other? I'm just wondering. :3

Friends in between use skype, but considering that most of the zOMG crews are made in 'random' way, the only place to communicate for them is through Chatt. biggrin

Friendly Friend

12,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Okay... I'm one of that leaders who crew with someone who doesn't have all rings on lvl 10.

So?

I always check his TC and when I see TC around 4 000 and wrong ringset, I ask them if they can carry right rings and still stay lvl 10. If they do, I don't see problems here.
If not, I ask them to tell me about all the lvl 10 rings they got, and I will make the "right" ringset for them.

If I can't, I always say sorry to them and send them back to PS to lvl their rings and ask them to leave the crew.
Because I don't like to kick someone.

I did it many times and I teach them how to play DMS and I don't think it's a bad thing. I always try to tell them to go earn more orbs to get all rings on lvl 10 or at least DMS ringset if they really want to DMS again, but I can't really order that.

But when you have a lot of patience and try to help them, they can swap their rings next time and become good players, and when someone like this can become lvl 10,2 that means he is good, at least we could crew with him. And if I was able to form a crew with him, others can do, too. Because it's not impossible...obviously.

Everything what you have to do is to give them a chance. I had a lot of people like those, but they were good, yeah I know sometimes they are noobs, not newbies who don't listen and follow, but sometimes it is awesome how low lvl tries to learn and listen and you can see how good they are.

We should stop judge others, not giving them any chance, not even try them.

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol
Gemenice
Seriously, I see the 'you need meat at CL 10.0" One more time, and I think I'm going to laugh.

Don't NEED it. It's preffered, because most tanks are lazy 8D

Tanks aren't lazy, they just suck; personally I don't require meat/heals when I tank because I don't happen to lose aggro too often only on maybe the first two animated in a room and I heal but sometimes it is better to require lower CLs to bring meat just as a safety net in case the tank may not be very good at keeping aggro.

Them CL11 wolves hit CL10s really hard and without meat the tank will have to focus all their energy on healing the crew or let them die because theyre too busy dying themselves; a problem lessened if they just brought meat.

Actually, it's tankers job to keep the aggro, is it not? Why would you use your whole energy on healing the crew?
Most of the time I go without meat, I only use it while doing NF to gain some additional aggro, and I DO crew little levels as well. So I really don't see any problem there.

Then again, if you DO carry meat as tanker, there is the meat healing - and you just have bunch of your problems dealt with.

Pinque Von Fluffendorken

Or because if you have all low levels, they can be SO slow that you simply run out of stam if you have to heal them constantly. It's not laziness, it just keeps your stam up a little more. Seems to me if the crew relies solely on the tank to heal them, that is lazy.

I never once had this problem.

If you can keep aggro, the only thing you need is to rank4 bandage on you whenever you can. That doesn't take that much stamina.

Also if you don't require the others to have any heals and meat, they can have nice DPS, even if they are small levels.

Solar Kitten

51,350 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gemenice
i can't imagine tanking without meat or healing the crew, i would like to see how well that works (i haven't tanked in a while also)
curtneko

except taunt

and gumshoe

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko

except taunt

and gumshoe
who doesn't like a little bubblegum
Gemenice

Actually, it's tankers job to keep the aggro, is it not? Why would you use your whole energy on healing the crew?
Most of the time I go without meat, I only use it while doing NF to gain some additional aggro, and I DO crew little levels as well. So I really don't see any problem there.

Then again, if you DO carry meat as tanker, there is the meat healing - and you just have bunch of your problems dealt with.

Yes, but unfortunately some tanks aren't quite as good at keeping aggro as you may be and it isn't good form to teach newbs to place all their trust in tanks. When I said put attention to healing I meant when the tank loses aggro it's part of their job to heal the crew not let them die and that can be quite hard to do when theyre dying and a CL11 is attacking a CL10 with no meat.

Meat healing can only go so far even as tank and let me restate myself: some tanks aren't as good at healing/keeping aggro as you may be and even with r4 meat the act of keeping themselves alive, let alone the crew, is hard enough.
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

except taunt

and gumshoe

your mom that's for sure.
and you'd think that she'd be use to things sticking to her by now.

i am so not sorry for making a your mom joke.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

except taunt

and gumshoe

my mom died in 9/11
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

except taunt

and gumshoe

my mom died in 9/11

User Image

thanks for making me feel like a p***k.
and bringing the topic down and making it srs bsns
now i can't say anything else cause i'll feel like ive just kicked a kitten
get it, cause you're a cat...
i'm stopping now.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

except taunt

and gumshoe

my mom died in 9/11

User Image

i'm stopping now.
may you burn in hell
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

my mom died in 9/11

User Image

i'm stopping now.
may you burn in hell

may you someday join me.
it gets awfully lonely in the fiery pits of hell sometimes.

Rainbow Nerd

whalewatcher
Gemenice
i can't imagine tanking without meat or healing the crew, i would like to see how well that works (i haven't tanked in a while also)

come see some of my runs then. Or my friends. We rarely, if ever use meat - as I said, only NF, and you only really need to heal the crew on the first monster.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff