Welcome to Gaia! ::

I bet you came here because of the poll, and not to give feedback

1 100.0% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
1 2 3 >

Feline Enchantress

I was thinking about teleportation issues for the next chapter.

User Image

You know, in game we have the Null Chamber, where 6 crystals allow us to teleport to the
different "null shards" across the world (or at this point, 6 of the released gameplay areas).

User Image

Also, you can use it to change your ring set, upgrade rings, and un-suppress your charge level.

We have to do this three actions inside of the Null Chamber, because having the possibility to do
them outside the Null Chamber would open a path to lots of exploits in game, and we don't want that.

Is it necessary to teleport inside the Null Chamber, and then teleport to another area?

Why don't by pass this if you just want to teleport into another area?

Just clicking the "null shard" and choosing the area you want to go (or the Null Chamber, if you want to
do something else) would save a lot of time, and devs just have to add other areas for the next chapters.

User Image

And leaving the possibility to do the same thing inside the Null Chamber, using the crystal in the middle.

User Image

And that would eliminate the need to add more side crystals.

Actually, I think that they are planning this, exactly as I said here, but you never know.

Do you have something to add?

Edit:

I have something to add.

If you are new to the game, each of the "null shards" will attune to you when you go to new areas
and touch them; then new options for teleportation will appear in the box as you attune to the new areas.

I think for the new chapter, there will be a new Null Chamber, with 6 new areas.

Maybe there could be a main Null, accessible from the big center Crystal, so you can warp to each Null from each Chapter? A kind of Null of Nulls?

And it'd be rainbow coloured!
4laugh

Feline Enchantress

So, you want a kind of over-null to teleport into sub-nulls for each chapter's
areas, and each one of the sub-nulls will teleport you to said chapter's areas?

Well, if devs can give a reason for why there is more than one Null Chamber, I can't say no to that idea.

But I think that the two crystals floating below the chamber look ugly there.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

I really like this idea.

The majority of the times I go to the null chamber is just to warp somewhere.
This is really just an unnecessary additional loading time.

Then, for people who do need to enter the NC to swap rings, upgrade, etc., they can either add crystals, use the center crystal as the only warp, or like Brass Helix said, use the center crystal to warp between each chapter's NC.

Feline Enchantress

Well, the main idea is to get rid of the side crystals, and just use area's "shards" and the huge crystal
on the Null Chamber as means of teleportation, and also implement teleportation in between "null shards".

That way devs don't have to add crystals. Maybe leave the main four as decoration.

As an engineer, I can say that adding things is worst.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

As an engineer I can agree with you. ;3

However, they need to make whatever they do match up to the story.
Or change the story.

Feline Enchantress

Like having normal robots and animated robots in Aekea?

I wonder how that could work...

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

/shrug.

Beats me.
They'll figure out some crazy way to explain it.

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I don't see the problem in the null chamber and I think the devs already thought ahead and created new areas with artists so no need to worry about those 6 crystals =)
I think there will be a new null crystal for the new area like it was said before
Most of the games separate their areas this way, they create new "portals" and you will have to walk a bit if you want to switch from area 1 to area 2 and back.

Feline Enchantress

Chokin

/shrug.

Beats me.
They'll figure out some crazy way to explain it.

I bet they'll put an NPC to talk to us in Aekea, and we'll ask:

You: "So, there's animated robots, and robot-robots... ?"

NPC: "Yes, why do you ask?"

You: "Don't you think that it's redundant?"

NPC: "Yes, why do you ask?"

You: "/facepalm"

Nah, I think animated robots will be the trashed, offline ones.

@Angel Seraphiel:

Yes, it's a possibility; maybe devs can mix the two ideas.

Easy-to-use means of teleport, but different teleport "portals" for each chapter.

Shy Werewolf

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

I think it's fine the way it is. Frankly, I'd hate to have to choose from words each time I wanted to teleport. Recoloring the Null Chamber and making different links is easy enough. The big crystal in the center will then teleport you to other Null Chambers! Pretty blue is next, right...?

And yes, if you talk to Rocko, the Aekea roadblock guard, he says something about the trashed robots Animating, while the still-working robots are helping Gaians out.
Brass Helix
I think for the new chapter, there will be a new Null Chamber, with 6 new areas.

Maybe there could be a main Null, accessible from the big center Crystal, so you can warp to each Null from each Chapter? A kind of Null of Nulls?

And it'd be rainbow coloured!
4laugh

I would see them doing that exactly. have a new NPC and maybe a whole other null room with in the chamber by clicking the center crystal.

Feline Enchantress

Bladeglory

And yes, if you talk to Rocko, the Aekea roadblock guard, he says something about
the trashed robots Animating, while the still-working robots are helping Gaians out.

Argh, you're right me mate.

Maybe that's where I got the idea.

Desirable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Inquisitor 200
even better we dun have 2 go 2 the null....just right click ur avatar then there will be this box and u can teleport anytime anywhere...except when in boss battles like stone coatl or Deadmanpass

Greedy Fatcat

Pokemongirl245
even better we dun have 2 go 2 the null....just right click ur avatar then there will be this box and u can teleport anytime anywhere...except when in boss battles like stone coatl or Deadmanpass

I...object to that idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces