$_$ 1 100.0% [ 185 ]
Total Votes:[ 185 ]
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
zOMG! has a limited selection of rings due to its lack of resources, staff and unique gameplay. I try to come up with ideas to add rings while keeping that in mind. I make sure they mesh with the current ones and have a definite use, able to apply to more than one situation and arent overpowered.
Please feel free to post ideas here, if possible i would like to keep this thread alive. I may 'animate' some ideas posted (with your permission of course) if they are interesting and within my ability to make.

User Image
Boomering;
--
Description: You throw a boomerang to attack the animated (range varies depending on rr).

target: enemy
range: short to far (varied)
damage: small-medium
CC: none
buff: none
debuff: none
cost: medium

An AoE attack in a slightly 'U' shape, hitting some enemies twice (once for the initial attack) as it returns.

User Image
Cloak;
--
Description: "Captain, cloak engaged!"

target: self
range: none
damage: none
CC: none
buff: Invisibility
debuff: -hate 100%, footspeed
cost: small
duration: varied

You dissapear, visible to crew and others a certain amount above your CL lv. The buffs duration depends on rr (thinking it should be similar to fleet) and the amount of stamina used. A drop in foostpeed prevents abuse of the ring and keeps the effect aimed at avoiding mobs, not escaping.

User Image
Retreat ring;
--
Description: Retreat from an unfriendly mob (i just wanted a hug crying ).

target: self
range: Moderate to Long (varies)
cost: Varies

A ring soley for escaping. Getting pinned by an unfriendly mob? Voila, retreat to a safer distance. This ring would be good for Soloing, Kiting and some boss instances. It would have you jump the opposite direction from a selected enemy (this would prevent the ring from being abused). The distance would vary depending on the rage rank used, and since the rings effect is limited to one screen (of course) it isnt overpowered.

It was suggested that having to jump to an ally would prevent abuse of the ring and i agree.

User Image
Ambush ring;
--
Description: Ambush an unsuspecting foe! Higher rage ranks cause a longer sleep duration.

range: Moderate to Very far (varies)
debuff: Sleep (duration Varies)

We have short range rings and long range rings, but this is the best of both worlds. A long range attack that puts the enemy to sleep while jumping to their position. The only tactics in zOMG are either limited kiting, limited 'tanking', Healing or Just plain melee. We need new rings that cause some variety, while meshing with the current gameplay. This ring causes no dmg so i think its balanced. The pic i made makes a slash effect but i think a small 'bump' or something similar would be better.

User Image
alternative;
User Image
Magnet(Magnetism or Attract would also be good) ring;
--
Description: "Get over here!" Pull the enemy to you, higher rr cause more mobs to be pulled.

target: enemy(s)
range: moderate to long (varies)

Try not to compare it with the Taunt ring, that deals with hate while this ring only physically moves the enemies to you. It causes the mobs to be drawn to your avi almost instantaneously and would be a great addition to any mobbing crew or farmer(s). The rings effect (target area) would be the radius around your avi, depending on the rr used. I think the ring should pull up to 4 mobs depending on the rr lv, ie rr1=1 mob, rr2=2 mobs, etc. Its limited to 4 so that it isnt OP'd, the effect on the other mobs remains the same (meaning if they are passive they wont attack but if you pull their friend they will most likely aquire hate). It could be useful to players wanting to tank mobs or a crew member pulling enemies off of you. I would like to see a ring like this implemented and it wouldnt be difficult to make (Dervish uses the same AoE concept but pushes while damaging, this ring would do the opposite while causing no dmg and with a further range).

(These animations slowed way down after upload, i dont know why and i tried many ways of optimizing to no avail OTL)
User Image
alt color-
User Image
Claymore ring;
--
Description: Wield a two handed sword to deal dmg to all surrounding enemies.

range: short
damage: moderate-heavy
cooldown: Moderate to long
cost: High

Tired of Slashs limited AoE and Dervishes Knockback? A melee AoE attack, not useful unless at a complete standstill, more effective when facing multiple enemies. Attack causes you to be imobile for a short period of time during use, deals dmg in a close circle around your avi. The ring deals heavy dmg but costs a lot, think of an AoE hack with no debuff (bleed). The area of the AoE increases along with dmg at higher rr. This ring fills the hole left between the 3 rings Slash, Dervish and Fire rain. If this ring were implemented i think it would be an instant favorite of many.

User Image
Spirit (or soul) ring;
--
Description: Raises your spirits to Boost your stamina for a little while. Higher rage ranks cause a longer duration.

target: Self
buff: Spirit
cost: moderate to high

The flip side of turtle. Any reductions to stamina during the buffs duration are void, meaning rings could be used while not reducing your stamina. Your stamina recovery rate is also bolstered slightly. The length of the buff varies on the rage rank used and i think it should be similar to Turtle. The ring would have a short duration and a long cooldown. It could be used to attack continuously or spam heals without worrying about running out of stamina.

User Image
Martyr ring;
--
Description: Injure yourself, draining your hp but replenishing an allies.

target: Self and Ally
damage: low to moderate
Heal: Very High to Full
cost: low

A sacrifical ring. Inflict low to moderate dmg on yourself to heal an allies hp. The amount Healed and sacrificed depend on the rage rank used. The heal would be high to very high since your paying double the amount that other rings require.

Other Ring ideas;

Zombie ring;
--
Description: Be a friendly zombie and help your friends while dazed! Possibility of scaring the target at higher rage ranks.

range: Very short
damage: Very low
debuff: Scare
cost: low

A ring that lets you attack while dazed! Has no affect on your movement speed or health, just like a zombie you have to be within poking distance to 'bite' (dmg) an enemy and at RR4 the attack has a chance of scaring the target. This ring isnt too needed but it would be great to have for kicks and wouldnt require barely any animating (maybe a twitch or something when you dmg them lol).

Ring idea below is mine, animation is [ JK ]'s

Knockout ring;
--
Description: "Falcon Punch!" Chance of causing sleep increases at higher rage ranks.

range: Short
damage: Weak to Moderate
debuff: Sleep (chance and duration Varies)
cost: Low to moderate

There are no melee-type rings that cause sleep. [ JK ] showed us an animation for a ring that this could fit very well. Punch the enemy to possibly 'knock them out'. The chance and duration of sleep depends on the rage rank used.

Terror ring;
--
Description: Wield a giant axe, instilling fear in your enemy. The chance of fear increases at higher rage ranks.

range: Short
damage: Moderate to high
debuff: Fear
cost: High

So far we have no rings that damage the enemy while causing fear. The ring may target one enemy at a time and fear is more probable at higher rage ranks.

Vampire (Needle, blood, or vamp) ring;
--
Description: Consume the enemies lifeblood, causing bleed while healing a portion of your hp.

range: moderate to far
heal: low to moderate (depending on rr)
damage: low
debuff: Bleed

Drain an enemies life while replenishing your own. Same 'Vampire' concept with the added healing.

Rumor has it a ring with vampiric nature will be released following DMS.

Lifeforce ring;
--
Description: Drain the enemy(s) hp to replenish your own. The dmg and amount healed varies depending on rage rank.

target: enemy (enemies?)
range: moderate to far
heal: low to moderate (depending on rr)
damage: low to moderate
debuff: none (possibly bleed?)

A 'G rated' version of the vampire ring. Not sure if this should be an AoE and/or cause bleed. I think this ring is more likely to be accepted over the others. It may be simpler to just cause bleed without the added heal.

I also have an older ring idea thread with gif animations Here.

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
Removed ring Idea animations;

Glutton ring;
User Image

Monster ring;
User Image
alternative;
User Image

Ring animations done for others;

Thunder ring;
User Image

Illusion ring;
User Image

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
You open yet? If you are then, well they look amazing wink

Beloved Healer

I actually LOVE the cloaking ring. However, the only way I can see it being used without abuse is to lock every ring in the player's hand. The ring should work as a last minute, "Oh no, I need to get out of here before I die!", escape kind of thing. We shouldn't be able to practically make ourselves invincible while attacking the animated at the same time. If that's not a likable idea, the ring could also work for whatever amount of time it's supposed to, but if any ring is used before the duration of the ring is over, the ring will automatically be dismissed, making you visible. *Shrugs* I've been wanting a ring like this for a while, so I'm excited now. 3nodding

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
SL0R3
You open yet? If you are then, well they look amazing wink

Thanks, yeah.. it isnt a shop so i guess its 'open'.

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
Princess Tizuki`
I actually LOVE the cloaking ring. However, the only way I can see it being used without abuse is to lock every ring in the player's hand. The ring should work as a last minute, "Oh no, I need to get out of here before I die!", escape kind of thing. We shouldn't be able to practically make ourselves invincible while attacking the animated at the same time. If that's not a likable idea, the ring could also work for whatever amount of time it's supposed to, but if any ring is ring used before the duration of the ring is over, the ring will automatically be dismissed, making you visible. *Shrugs* I've been wanting a ring like this for a while, so I'm excited now. 3nodding

I should have specified, the buff for it would end if you attack a mob.
*edit: updated it, thanks for pointing it out.

Beloved Healer

Beauty in Sinking Ships
Princess Tizuki`
I actually LOVE the cloaking ring. However, the only way I can see it being used without abuse is to lock every ring in the player's hand. The ring should work as a last minute, "Oh no, I need to get out of here before I die!", escape kind of thing. We shouldn't be able to practically make ourselves invincible while attacking the animated at the same time. If that's not a likable idea, the ring could also work for whatever amount of time it's supposed to, but if any ring is used before the duration of the ring is over, the ring will automatically be dismissed, making you visible. *Shrugs* I've been wanting a ring like this for a while, so I'm excited now. 3nodding

I should have specified, the buff for it would end if you attack a mob.

Sounds good. ^ ^

Kitten

I love your ideas.

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Those are some extremely nice rings.

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
Fragile Compassion
I love your ideas.

thanks (:

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
i like them too and love your mad gif making skills XD

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
this is just an idea but a ring that halfs your helf but doubles your stanima? just incase you really need more . . . what u think?

Invisible Regular

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Haha, I love the gifs that go with the ideas, especially glutton.

I would love the invisibility ring though o:

Love your ideas~

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Oh my... You worked a bit on these...

100% dodge on invisibility seems a bit tacky. I'd rather not allow for invisible targets to evade AoE damage. The auto-set 0 aggro deal seems enough.

I know that monsters have a field of vision. Maybe the ring could be worked with that. Maybe even make stealth based missions.
On the other hand... uh... That could be hard to implement.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff