Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would a zOMG spokesperson be a good idea?

No 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 6 ]
Yes 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 18 ]
A mixture between the public and a spokesperson would be better. 0.63636363636364 63.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Mega Noob

21,850 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
Thank you to the whole zOMG community for your amazing efforts and your continual support!

Although I was not able to attend the last ATA meeting, I've tried to catch up on my understanding of the situation.
From what I gather, the meeting went fairly well, but could have gone more smoothly if there had been some organization of questions, and not just a barrage.

Here is the link to the latest ATA meeting. 02/27/2012

I will keep this forum up for future use and to add additional concerns that may arise within the next week or so.

I may not have formulated any questions or concerns myself, but I figured that posting this thread would give the community of the z!F a place to post anything they believe should be mentioned at the next ATA.
I will take the most relevant concerns and create questions or statements that may be repeated at the next meeting.

There is a suggestion that a spokesperson may be the best option for formulating the questions at the actual meet without overwhelming the admin. Let me know your thoughts about this suggestion.

Feedback is appreciated, and any more advice about the structure of the presentation would be gladly accepted.

This is a place to form mature and relevant questions and statements.

For now I'll compile information about future questions in point form. Keep in mind these are only ideas, and can be removed, edited or replaced.

Possible spokesperson questions:

Will the game still have updates to glitches, quests and non functioning areas?
    Are there any plansfor furthur integration of zOMG into the main site or for new releases of zOMG related Cash Shop items?
    Will there be any public notifications about the plans for zOMG?

Questions:
Glitches:

• to what degree will they be fixed?

Integration into the main site:

• will there be a storyline?
  • items that are used in and out of game?
  • events schedueled on the site that relate to zOMG?
  • updates to the NPCs currently in game?
  • integrating parts of the "Towns" into zOMG?
  • Cash Shop RIGs or CIs that are zOMG themed?

Higher CL summons:

• a proposition to summon higher CL monsters in specific areas
  • scheduled dates and time when these spawns take place

Update to quests:

• will there be new badges?
  • are new quests going to be created?
  • will old quests be updated?

zOMG buddies:

• will there be any in game changes to the pets?
  • are these buddies becoming available outside of the game?
  • will new pets be available?

Server cycles:

• will there continue to be server cycles?
  • how frequently will the servers be cycled, if at all?

DMS:

• will there be a difficulty change for DMS?
  • are more recepies eventually going to be avalable?

Buying zOMG items with GC:

• will the money gained from people buying these items be directed towards zOMG?
  • has zOMG had made an overall profit or loss during it's entire lifespan so far, including development costs?
  • in the last two financial years for zOMG, has the revenue exceeded the maintances and update costs?
  • the release of DMS soundtrack?
  • has there been a decrease of revenu since zOMG was aborted?
  • will there be any more updates to the real zOMG merchandise?

BB:

• will it ever be fully functioning?
  • are the tickets going to be refunded, even for people who bought them through the market place?

Events:

• are past Events going to be recycled?

zOMG Maintenance:

• Has any decision been made regarding Dev time for zOMG! ? If so, how much? If not, when do you expect the decision to be made?
  • Has any progress been made towards glitch repair, or has a plan been put in place to do so?
  • If glitches are being worked on, which glitches will be fixed?
  • Is it possible to automate the Server Cycling process?

Thank you to Berryfarmer for his list of glitches!

Berryfarmer
Let's see some of the glitches to put on a list:
  • Charge Orb and Shadow Orb counters glitching on numbers- Makes upgrading a pain in the arse and a waiting game. Discourages new players if they can't upgrade or have an accurate orb count.
  • Alastor quest in DMS glitched- This is in payed for content, where a specific quest will not activate.
  • General Mayhem on normal-This boss battle is glitched on normal difficulty preventing successful completion of the battle without selecting easy or hard.
  • Broken quests- Seems to plague the twins in Otami and the Vox Stellarium. PLEASE ADD MORE IF KNOW OF THEM
  • Silent NPCs- Plagues Leon and Elizabeth in the beginning area the most, also discourages new players.
  • EB reward recipes- They don't grant for some people no matter how many times they beat EB.
  • Glitched train station- Did they ever fix the new "tutorial"/starting area? I remember there being a glitch where Leon would glitch after you kill the OMGs, or did that get fixed? It discourages new players again, if they cannot even get started properly.
  • Loot not showing up in inventory ingame.
  • Broken mini-events- Primarily ones with spawns such as Fly By in Zen and P3s in Gold Beach.
  • Broken badge grant- The Lawnshark badge in Village Greens for 1200 points in a single event.
  • Quest flags not clearing from map once completed.
  • DMS maps resetting- the infamous instance reset
  • Cure Powerup- Release it again? More possible revenue.
  • Clan chat doesn't work either.
  • Unable to unsuppress in null - Sometimes when you die with suppressed CL you are unable to unsuppress to your maximum CL in null chamber. This is only fixed when you do a hard refresh and completely log out of the game. (You can further suppress your CL in null, and unsuppress to the CL you died at, but no further.)

All I can think of for now, add more as thought of okay?

UPDATE 2/27 3:30PM
    •Null Chamber reset- For some players their null chamber resets meaning they have to reattune every crystal. While this isn't game breaking it can be a bit of a nuisance.
    •Jabber not authorized/whispers- Whispers don't work for some players where they aren't delivered at all or delivered when the recipient logs in next, sometimes hours or days late.
    •Ring stats in ring information not showing.
    •Animated vanish only to return with whatever health they had before the killing blow- So I was killing OMGs in DMP last night and I killed an OMG that had 9 health except instead of the death animation it just disappeared. About 5 seconds later it reappeared with 9 health and was attacking again. Wish I'd videoed it.
    •Level Cap- Visual glitch where when someone level caps their new capped level doesn't update in the crew pane.
    •Possible to get volume adjust for panting/low health heartbeat?
    •Some enemy's knockback knocks players out of the map. Maybe set up boundary walls to prevent this?

Have any particular glitches to report? Post them in Berryfarmers thread, found here.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Glitches. And we should definitely have a spokesperson. Someone who can at least dedicate time to this.

Mega Noob

21,850 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Glitches. And we should definitely have a spokesperson. Someone who can at least dedicate time to this.

Yes. I've seen that word many times. I'll add it to the list.

Finding a person who can commit is the difficult part.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I want to see a better effort at integrating the game with the site.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Sunny-Sama
Brooklyn Rage Mage

Yes. I've seen that word many times. I'll add it to the list.

Finding a person who can commit is the difficult part.
Honestly, I could commit the time every week, but I hate to nominate myself because I feel like I'd do it only for "status" reasons. Regardless, I'd do it if asked to. As things currently stand, I'm compiling data for next week, and trying to think of questions to ask as well. We've left a very negative image in some people's eyes, so "Less Raid, More Spokesperson" sounds very good right now. If we all bring in some questions for the ATA, we can maybe see some answers.

Mega Noob

21,850 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Honestly, I could commit the time every week, but I hate to nominate myself because I feel like I'd do it only for "status" reasons. Regardless, I'd do it if asked to. As things currently stand, I'm compiling data for next week, and trying to think of questions to ask as well. We've left a very negative image in some people's eyes, so "Less Raid, More Spokesperson" sounds very good right now. If we all bring in some questions for the ATA, we can maybe see some answers.

I see where you are coming from. Personally, if someone were to step up to the role, I would view them with a positive eye. If their intentions were to aid the game, I would consider the "status" gain irrelavant.
We might be able to receive clearer answers if there is less confusion, so I agree with this idea as well.

Mega Noob

21,850 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
.~.Lady_Aji.~.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to convey. Could you elaborate please?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Sunny-Sama
.~.Lady_Aji.~.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to convey. Could you elaborate please?
zOMG! was hinted at once in the manga. After that, it was all about demigods, dark elves and vampires. The game and the main site seem like 2 separate worlds. Even the shopkeeper NPCs in the game are out of date. They don't look anything like their gold shop counterparts. I want HQ to do a better job of integrating zOMG! with the main site's story line and events.

Conservative Citizen

I don't think there should be a nominated coordinator for the Zomg community. We all have voices, independent thoughts and our own concerns. If one person asks questions, we're going to get one answer.

With the multiple questions related to Zomg tonight we heard from Lanzer, Panagrammic, DRKNRGY and Narumi Misuhara. I like reading the perspective from more than one person located at Gaia.

If anything, the repetitive questions show the developers that Zomg is an issue that needs attention on a larger scale. With multiple people asking the same question, it should be a motivation to make an announcement or put some clarity on a large scale as to what is going on.

I think having one person confront the ATA would cause more issues than it would solve. "The question wasn't asked right." --- "You forgot my question!" --- "But they didn't answer mine!" --- [OOPS, person doesn't show up for ATA and we're all out an ATA because of it]

No, just no. If you have a concern you should voice it. To hell if it's located in the GCD. I love the GCD, but the only communication we get at the moment has come from the ATA. If that's what we as a community need to use to get some answers, it's there for exactly that purpose.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
One of my fondest zOMG wishes was for the road to Durem to finally be opened...I so wanted to walk the streets of Durem.....does that dream HAVE to die? Perhaps they could somehow still integrate it with current zOMG...somehow make it possible to connect Durem, and perhaps Aekea somehow, making them, like Barton, a place to regain Ghi, and perhaps interact with NPC's even shop a little?

Unforgiving Star

30,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Winged 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Spifficated
I don't think there should be a nominated coordinator for the Zomg community. We all have voices, independent thoughts and our own concerns. If one person asks questions, we're going to get one answer.

With the multiple questions related to Zomg tonight we heard from Lanzer, Panagrammic, DRKNRGY and Narumi Misuhara. I like reading the perspective from more than one person located at Gaia.

If anything, the repetitive questions show the developers that Zomg is an issue that needs attention on a larger scale. With multiple people asking the same question, it should be a motivation to make an announcement or put some clarity on a large scale as to what is going on.

I think having one person confront the ATA would cause more issues than it would solve. "The question wasn't asked right." --- "You forgot my question!" --- "But they didn't answer mine!" --- [OOPS, person doesn't show up for ATA and we're all out an ATA because of it]

No, just no. If you have a concern you should voice it. To hell if it's located in the GCD. I love the GCD, but the only communication we get at the moment has come from the ATA. If that's what we as a community need to use to get some answers, it's there for exactly that purpose.
I'm sorry guys I happen to agree with her. The more questions the better. Why keep our voices contained we are all upset about this issue, as many in the past was when something they held dear was ignored. With my sis she is a Zurg and they too wanted more, but because they had little support and a few spokesman their ideas was tossed aside and their dreams to grow was squashed.

We took them by surprise once why not again o:

I was unable to attend or I would have been right there posting along side of everyone....

Omnipresent Warlord

I mentioned something in this thread that I think is both feasible and would enjoyed by a lot of people.

- A scheduled day once a week or once a month where devs throw a bunch of random cl 13+ enemies in Buccaneer Boardwalk and we're tasked with the challenge of clearing the boardwalk.

The type of enemies and their placement should be random like they were during the KJ spawns (though it would be nice if during the day the regular spawns in BB would at least turn aggressive or at best turn into a different type of enemy. People would freak out at the prospect of cl 10.6 cherry fluffs regularly summoning)

It would nice if all types of enemies shown up at cl 13 flamingos to sea subs or swarms of cl 13 bloodbats. The aim would be to make a challenge so difficult that a bunch of crews would be expected to work together in order to complete it.

I don't think this kind of work would be too taxing on the devs and I think a lot of people would appreciate something new every week or month to look forward to.

I'd like to do it for the challenge, but I guess a badge or some other reward would be nice.

Can someone bring this up at the next ata if they don't mind? I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Rainbow Hunter

ll stargaze ll
Spifficated

I'm sorry guys I happen to agree with her. The more questions the better. Why keep our voices contained we are all upset about this issue, as many in the past was when something they held dear was ignored. With my sis she is a Zurg and they too wanted more, but because they had little support and a few spokesman their ideas was tossed aside and their dreams to grow was squashed.

We took them by surprise once why not again o:

I was unable to attend or I would have been right there posting along side of everyone....

These are definitely thoughts to consider. I am going to tentatively agree with the both of you.

On the one hand, I think it's not a bad idea to have some people make a list of short, simple questions, if only for the better chance to get answers.

On the other hand, just as much as I used to be a solo-player in zOMG!, I am very much a solo-player in life. When I speak at something like the AtA, or in the site feedback, I speak as an individual, a person, a Gaia member. Not just "one of THAT subcommunity" or "one of THOSE players", but as just that: a person, a Gaia member. Nor did I go to the AtA as part of a "raid"; I went there last night because the AtA was there and I had concerns. I posted, as an individual, because I saw admins and members post things that were not okay with me, personally.

I think it is very important that, aside from hearing some organised questions from the zOMG! community as a whole, that Gaia keeps noticing, over and over again, the individual Gaia members (customers??) who are concerned - and that we are *many*. We don't even need to rile each other up in a "raid". We don't need to tell each other what to say or post. I hope each and every one of us can think for themselves.

So while I think gathering some questions in one list, posted by one person, can be a good idea to give the admins a chance to give us some overviewable answers, I think it must not become something we force each other to *limit* ourselves to.

Mega Noob

21,850 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
Thank you to everyone who has posted here.

These ideas are not trying to limit zOMG players to only a few questions; I would be glad if people would share their imput in their own specific way. This thread is here so that the community can earn a better understanding of what the general problem is.
The issue about the spokesperson: I understand that some people are against this idea, and some people are for. We could try and integrate both ideas together, as in the spokesperson asks very general questions, and the other Gaia memebers raise more personal and specifique concerns.

I will update this thread as often as I can.

IRL Vampire

(piece of advice concerning thread set up:

You can make bullet points with BB code like this:
[list][*]blah
[*]more blah
[*]epic blah
stretching over several
lines
[/list]

You can also do numbers replacing the * with 1,2 ect)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff