Who is your favorite Mother Fluff?

Goosey 0.15022421524664 15.0% [ 67 ]
Lucy 0.2085201793722 20.9% [ 93 ]
Mary Bussey 0.21300448430493 21.3% [ 95 ]
Taco Bella 0.42825112107623 42.8% [ 191 ]
Total Votes:[ 446 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 > >>

Raider

I will only type out what is my own personal experience and nothing that is rumor from the threads! As the game does glitch and does not sync with what Qixter says, my guide will most likely be different from what you expected.

- Mother Fluff successfully respawns about every 5 minutes! No more day-long waits!

- Mother Fluff comes out more than once a day and not just at ONE specific time. I have seen her in the Gaian morning, day, and night.

- Mother Fluff appears on multiple servers.

- There can be multiple Mother Fluffs at once (three to be exact). Their names are Goosey (appears by the lake edge), Lucy (appears to the west of the north Barton gate), and Mary Bussey (appear by the Aekea gate).

- Goosey spawns on the screen directly right of the Bass'ken Lake Null Chamber. Lucy spawns two screens to the left of Ryan. Mary Bussey spawn on the same screen as the trash can labeled "...than it does practice."
User Image

- Mother Fluff also spawns after the servers have come up following an update. (Many thanks to Da Flea for the info! ^_^)

- Hitting the Mother Fluffs, Mother Guard Fluffs, Grass Fluffs, and the *new* trash cans only ticks the Mother Fluffs off so don't touch them. DO NOT HIT HER!

- Bang on the trash cans in the area to call out a random set of fluffs. Sometimes they will be Carrion Flower Fluffs and sometimes they will be Grass Fluffs. While it's just luck, the rate of Carrion spawns is way up compared to what it used to be.

This quest is repeatable. The max CL to repeat it is 4.9. If you're above 4.9, you only need to suppress to regain the quest.

- She WILL kill you if you're in the 4.0 - 4.9 range. She very difficult to fend off if you're in the 5.0 - 5.9 range.

- If she starts attacking you run to the Null Chamber or to Ryan's screen. Crossing the bridge to the saw mill and running past the windmill also works.

- Do NOT use the following rings around her: Dervish, Fire Rain, Hornet's Nest, or Slash. They hit multiple targets and will most likely tick Mama off. Heavy Water Balloon and Quicksand will probably tick her off, too, but I haven't seen it yet.

- Mother fluff may attack you if you use a buffer ring near her.

- There is no benefit to killing Mother Fluff as far as completing quests go. While I have heard that she drops items, I have yet to receive any.

- Grass Fluffs will only appear on the screens Mother Fluff patrols when she out. There are two screens by the saws and three just south of the windmill that also have Grass Fluffs, but they are not connected to Mother Fluff.

- Killing Mother Fluff is now possible without disturbing other people. Her constant respawning also makes it easier for anyone looking to farm Mother Fluffs.

- New badge added 05/21/2009: The Peobody Award. Kill 50 Trash Cans.

Complete CL Range Guide:

Recommended CL range for farming Mother Fluffs is 6.6 to 6.9 (max)

Goosey Mother Fluff is:
Red when you are CLs 1.0 - 4.9
Yellow when you are CLs 5.0 - 5.9
Green when you are CLs 6.0 - 6.9
Blue when you are CLs 7.0 - 7.9
Purple when you are CLs 8.0 - 10.0

Lucy Mother Fluff is:
Red when you are CLs 1.0 - 5.3
Yellow when you are CL 5.4 - 6.3
Green when you are CLs 6.4 - 7.3
Blue when you are CLs 7.4 - 8.3
Purple when you are CLs 8.4 - 10.0

and Mary Bussey Mother Fluff is:
Red when you are CLs 1.0 - 5.5
Yellow when you are CLs 5.6 - 6.5
Green when you are CLs 6.6 - 7.5
Blue when you are CLs 7.6 - 8.5
Purple when you are CLs 8.6 - 10.0

(A big heaping heart full of thanks to DiDiW for the assistance in completing the CL section! heart )

Fun stuff about the quest:
- Carrion Flowers Fluffs will occasionally say "*censored*", while Grass Fluffs will occasionally say "*blush*". Grass Fluffs tend to be happier in general.
- There are nine trash cans in Bass'ken. Five of the trash cans have a broken phrase. The completed phrase the trash cans make is "To kiss / a mug / that's like a cactus / takes more nerve / than it does practice."
- Oddly, the trash cans have varying difficulty levels. When you defeat one, they spill trash that almost instantly cleans itself up... >.>

Other fun things:
magikman79's Shallow Seas Farming Guide

- - Don't spam my thread. It makes me twitchy. - -
- - But if you like it, bump it! heart - -
You forgot to add that if the Mother Fluff sees you killing Grass Fluffs that she will attack you.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
There can be three mother fluffs at once.
And I could take 'er at CL4.
Kabuki Kyoshiro
- There can be multiple Mother Fluffs at once. I've seen two at once.
I've seen three.

Kabuki Kyoshiro
- Hitting the Mother Fluff or Mother Guard Fluffs only ticks her off so don't touch them. DO NOT HIT HER! (jeez but no body listens to that when she comes out).
You need to hit her to spawn carrions.

Kabuki Kyoshiro
- If she starts attacking you run to the Null Chamber or Barton
The Barton north gate where Ryan is at is fine enough.

Kabuki Kyoshiro
- There is no benefit to killing Mother Fluff (unless you just want people to stop fighting around you!) *snicker to Sapphy*
Someone got three orbs one time. Not sure if it was true.

Kabuki Kyoshiro
- Killing Grass Fluffs in the area will cause her to spawn Carrion Flower Fluffs. Once Mother Fluff comes upon a screen without Grass Fluffs she will drop the Carrions.
I've killed lots of fluffs JUST so there would be room for new fluffs to be born in that square.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Koniji
Kabuki Kyoshiro
- Hitting the Mother Fluff or Mother Guard Fluffs only ticks her off so don't touch them. DO NOT HIT HER! (jeez but no body listens to that when she comes out).
You need to hit her to spawn carrions.

I thought it was the other way around.

Raider

stare You don't need to hit her to get them to spawn. That's got to be the craziest thing I've heard about Mother Fluff so far.

And again, folks, I'm just posting what I saw. ME. MOI. MYSELF. This guy --> Kabuki Kyoshiro. When I see something with my own eyes that is worthy of fixing I'll do it. I've seen a ton of people in the 4.0 to 5.0 range get tossed by her and quite frankly it's just mean to kill her so I don't know what she drops--but is it really worth it to find out?

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
people keep killing mother fluff....then a few minutes later they're saying "OMFG I WHEN WILL MOMMA FLUFF SPAWN I NEED MY CARRION FLUFFS" and that is what i like to call a WTF momment 3nodding

Invisible Shapeshifter

I've actually found that a good way to get the Mother Fluff to spawn Carrions is to have one person attack her weakly and then move up and down the square while everyone else kills off the fluffs.
It kinda sucks for the person who has to bait, but it works.
xP

Raider

I tried the bait thing (albeit in a huge crowd of fighting people) and it didn't do anything but stress out other people who were trying to heal me. If it does work, it's not the best method. Simply killing the Grass Fluffs is safer and easier.

Shameless Consumer

Kodushomu
I've actually found that a good way to get the Mother Fluff to spawn Carrions is to have one person attack her weakly and then move up and down the square while everyone else kills off the fluffs.
It kinda sucks for the person who has to bait, but it works.
xP

It's easier to just not aggro her. You have to get in the specific point to get her to spawn everything, and she'll go around on her own if you leave her alone.

Raider

The old guide, just for posterity.

How about a little bit of info on Mother Fluff?

I will only type out what is my own personal experience and nothing that is rumor from the threads!

- Mother Fluff comes out more than once a day and not just at ONE specific time. I have seen her in the Gaian morning, day, and night.

- Mother Fluff appears on multiple servers.

- There can be multiple Mother Fluffs at once. I've seen two at once. EDIT ( 01/15/2008 ): I've now seen all three Mother Fluffs at once.

- EDIT ( 01/25/2009 ): While there is no solid method of getting Mother Fluff to spawn, she does spawn after the servers have come up following an update. (Many thanks to Da Flea for the info! ^_^)

- Hitting the Mother Fluff or Mother Guard Fluffs only ticks her off so don't touch them. DO NOT HIT HER! (jeez, no body listens to that when she comes out).

- She WILL kill you if you're in the 4 - 5 range.

- If she starts attacking you run to the Null Chamber or to Ryan's screen.

- Do NOT use the following rings around her: Dervish, Fire Rain, Hornet's Nest, or Slash. They hit multiple targets and will most likely tick Mama off. Heavy Water Balloon and Quicksand will probably tick her off, too, but I haven't seen it yet.

- There is no benefit to killing Mother Fluff as far as completing quests go (unless you just want people to stop fighting around you!).

- Killing Grass Fluffs in the area will cause her to spawn Carrion Flower Fluffs. Once Mother Fluff comes upon a screen without Grass Fluffs she will drop the Carrions. Killing Guard Fluffs doesn't help them spawn. Killing Grass and/or Carrion Fluffs on the same screen as Mother Fluff does NOT cause her to attack you.
EDIT ( 01/15/2009 ): Killing Grass Fluff on the same screen as her will cause Mother to attack, but so far it seems she ignores Carrions in mortal danger.
EDIT ( 01/16/2009 ): Killing Grass Fluffs right after she drops them will NOT cause her to attack. However, killing Grass Fluffs right in front of her after she's a made a round WILL cause her to attack. She doesn't care if you hit Carrions still.

- EDIT ( 01/15/2009 ): Grass Fluffs will only appear on the screens Mother Fluff patrols when she is out. There are two screens by the saws and three just south of the windmill that also have Grass Fluffs, but they are not connected to Mother Fluff.

- EDIT ( 01/25/2009 ): Mother Fluff will drop either Grass or Carrion Flower Fluffs while she is attacking someone, but only on a screen that usually has fluffs on her patrol route.

- People will drive you insane if you take on this quest. Fights constantly break out and curse words fly! Take this quest on only if you're okay with being driven to the brink of insanity!

- Your (crappy) reward is a lousy 3 orbs. THREE. And Ryan wants you to repeat the whole process (at least until you're around CL 5.0). He'll give you another three orbs each time. This quest just isn't worth the time it takes to complete! EDIT: ( 01/27/2009 ): Since the update with the crazy orb drop rate, the number you receive as a reward has gone up. I hear it's now 12, but I also hear that people are randomly getting different numbers of orbs for other repeatable quests. So who knows? Regardless, this quest seems to be a little more reasonable now.

- - Don't spam my thread. It makes me twitchy. - -
Quote:
Koniji:

-I've seen three.

-You need to hit her to spawn carrions.

-The Barton north gate where Ryan is at is fine enough.

-Someone got three orbs one time. Not sure if it was true.

-I've killed lots of fluffs JUST so there would be room for new fluffs to be born in that square.

Normally there are two on a server. Your lucky if you get a third but it's rare and normal gets killed off.

No, you don't need to hit her to get carrions. She does it on her own. Nobody will ever agree with ways to get them to spawn soo just having patience and common sense to, you know, NOT killer is what you really need to get through that quest.

More spots then just Ryan. If you WANT to run, then run towards the wolves, or across the bridge to the saws too. Null and Ryan also work.

All you get for the quest its self is 3 orbs and some gold. Not worth it. And if you get something from Mama, then you got lucky. I don't think she really has a drop rate.

Killing fluffs to make room is nonsense. Its not making room that needs to be done, its to lower her protection.

And on another note, I was crewed with Kabuki so I can agree with this. Like I said up there, NOBODY will agree completely on the ways to get carrion to spawn. Bitching about it is pointless as well, cause ya'll will just piss eachother off. Don't do it. Seriously. Or just do it once and never do it again. Easy as that.

I'm tired of Bas'sken server being over run with crap about "Where's mother fluff?!" "Nooo! Don't kill her!" "Why aren't there carrions coming out?!"

Its annoying as heck and thats why I got out of there as quickly as I could.
Good thing she doesn't run fast. rofl

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
This covers all the information needed about the Carrion Spawns and the Mother Fluff spawns, and it doesn't have half of the nonsense in this thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff