Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Businesswoman

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Entry for Flash Fiction; Curry Puff
Failure that led to Hatred

What have I done wrong now? It has been two weeks since I have been trying so hard to perfect it. I have read the instructions enough times that I have memorized each word of it. Every single detail is engraved in my mind. I even recite it in my spare time. Heck, I even recite it in my dreams. So, why? Why can’t I even do it once? Every attempt I made to do it has always ended in failure. I was never a fan of failure. I have to make it again. This time, for sure, I will be able to execute it perfectly.
I prepared the things needed. I put them on top of the counter. This time, it will be perfect. It will.
I started to do it. Every part is vital for its perfection. I will not fail. No. Not this time. While I was doing the last and most important part, I realized I forgot about the timing again. I have failed yet again.
I put them in a plate. I picked one of them with my bare hands, not caring how it burned my skin. I bit it, tasting the familiar bitterness.
I have failed yet again. Groaning loudly as I made the same mistake. I slumped at the bottom of the counter. Four words kept repeating in my mind.
“I hate curry puffs.”

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Entry for Flash Fiction: Curry Puffs

All's Fair in Love and Hors d'Oeuvres

Don’t they say something about finding love in strange places? Well, the first time I met my fiancé was in a Home Ec class, starring down my third burnt pastry. Curry Puffs! I’d been confident (read: cocky) when I signed up to take a baking class as my one elective. I’d cooked for my family for years, it would literally be a piece of cake. Turns out cooking and baking are two entirely different arts.

The boy across the table was laughing at me like he derived some perverse pleasure from my failure. “You make the curry, I’ll make the puff?” he suggested.

At that moment, I hated him; because he laughed at me, because he could make puff pastries and I couldn’t, and mostly because I was frustrated and needed someone to hate. Two weeks later, we were dating.

While I reminisced, Alex bopped me on the nose with a mini quiche. Flakes of pastry tumbled down my chin. I tried to reach them with my tongue.
“You missed one.” he laughed, kissing my cheek.
I wiped the saliva and remaining crumbs off my face. “What was that for?” I asked.
“You were spacing out.”
“I was?”
“I was asking you what hors d'oeuvres you wanted at the wedding reception.”
“Oh… In that case, make it curry puffs.” I said, looking to see if he would get the reference. His smile said he did. I grinned.
Yeah, strange places.

Sparkly Kitten

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Entry for Flash Fiction; Curry Puffs
Oh, Mr. Currypuff.

That curry puff - crunchy pastry on the outside, delicious chicken with potatoes curry inside. I gulped in my saliva as I gazed through the display food rack in the most famous bakery in the town.

"Meh. I can do better than this," suddenly I can heard bored-tone voice beside me. I looked at the stranger with a nasty glare. Seriously, there is a limit to be conceit, and talking down about someone's food in their territory is not the way. I can't help but blurting out the angry questions of mine.

"Really? What is the reason that made you become so confident, mister? Do you have your own famous bakery too?"

The guy who was observing the other food glanced at me and smiles amusingly on my questions. "Calm down. Of course I have my reason." He handed me a small basket ("Hey, I didn't notice that basket before" I thought) containing three curry puffs. I can smell the savory aroma emitted from them. I looked confusingly at the brunette guy next to me.

"I made them for snacks, but seeing your hungry stare at those curry puffs before, I think you need my lovelies more," he chuckled lightly. Uh-oh, I can feel my cheeks heated on that statement.

"There is my number in there too, call me if you need more, okay?"I stunned at the words as the guy walked away. Is this his pick-up line to me?

*************************************************************************************************************

[To be honest, I can't make things short, so this flash fiction end up being bizarre after I cut everywhere. And cliche too. Oh Gad why do I have cliche mind? >.> Oh well, hope you like it though.. and my hands feels itchy to do the short story too, but the deadline is too near, maybe I can't make it. sobs.]

Dapper Friend

Entry for Flash Fiction; Curry Puff
Who would’ve thought?

Pastries, cakes, cookies – the things that the general populace seemed to love, but honestly, Dave never thought they were any good. He just never really liked them, the sweetness of a chocolate fudge cake never hit him the right way, the tangy taste of apples in apple pies never struck him as delicious. The blond really, really disliked them.

That is, until the first time he truly tasted a chicken curry puff. It was on a Saturday, the girl – Sarah – was a great pastry chef, at least that was what the rumours say. She was an Indonesian - light brown skin with freckles sprinkled across her cheeks, jet black hair chopped unevenly at shoulder length, but somehow the look worked for her.

The first time he had a curry puff was also the first time he met her, and unlike what most love stories would like you to believe, it wasn’t the moment he fell in love. It took another four tries and five meetings before he eventually got to know Sarah, and subtly develop a taste for chicken-based curry puffs.

Dave had to admit it though – even though he hated them, if it wasn’t for pastries, he would never have met his wife.

{ the second i saw the prompt, this popped into my head. ;u;
why so romantic self, whyyyyy }

Generous Fatcat

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Submission of entries beyond this is denied.
I shall now decide on the winners! heart

Devoted Businesswoman

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Naturally Feline
PARTICIPANTS:

7 ) Misuzaki Shinsei (x2) heart stare

Ahahahaha.I'm sorry about that. Now, you made me wanna rephrase it.
I'll make it Love turned to Hate. The main character loved curry puffs but she couldn't make one the way she loved it from stores. xd
But I know it's too late. smile
Again, I'm sorry if it's offending.

Sparkly Kitten

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Naturally Feline
PARTICIPANTS:

Curry Puff Flash Fiction:
9) naruwookie (Interesting setting, slight twist from the introduction) heart heart

Thanks, glad that you like it! heart whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces