Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi everyone i need help on an essay. i guess you could say i need an opinion. I'm writing an essay about Dante's Inferno, and i have to look at it as a psychological textbook. In addition i have to discuss Dante's viewpoint on other characters i discussed in my class. These characters can be from the following other books: The Odyssey, The Tale of Genji, The Ramayana and Philocetes.

This is what my teacher said what we must do:

Imagine that Dante’s Inferno is a psychology textbook that you have been asked to use to analyze/diagnose one of the characters of literature we have read about in our class. What level(s) of hell would be most relevant to your analysis of this character? Examine the actions and most importantly the state of being of the character that you have chosen in the context of the literary work he/she is found in. Does Dante’s graphic representation of the psychological malady seen in this person seem accurate to you? Nuance your response. What dimensions seem accurate and what don’t? Is there a fundamentally different picture of human psychology that results from cultural difference (Christian world view v.s. another) or do the authors capture a dimension of human psychology that transcends culture?

I guess what i really need help on is what character? i know that Odysseus or "Ulysses" is in the Inferno, but if he's already in hell how can i put him in other levels of hell (i guess i can talk about his love affairs)?? Genji is supposedly a womanizer and Rama is considered "perfect" since he is a destroyer of evil and a reincarnation?? i'm kindve lost and confused too crying oh the struggle, if anyone can help me that'd be nice if not it's understandable, i'm sure i can get through it
oops i put this in the wrong place sorry yalls rolleyes

Wheezing Informer

6,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Edward 100
Of those, I've only read the Odyssey, but Odysseus would certainly be an easy pick considering his notoriety. Plus you could look at at as hubris = narcissistic personality disorder. Or something like that.

Essays suck ¯_(ツ)_/¯
plasterbrain
Of those, I've only read the Odyssey, but Odysseus would certainly be an easy pick considering his notoriety. Plus you could look at at as hubris = narcissistic personality disorder. Or something like that.

Essays suck ¯_(ツ)_/¯

haha omg this was posted a long time ago haha i totally forgot about it haha, but thankyou i appreciate the answer 3nodding whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff