Welcome to Gaia! ::

I used to write well but not anymore.
I can't even make a beautiful sentence let alone a paragraph sad HELP
Read a lot and practice writing everyday. Remember that the first draft is to get the story out. Editing is what makes the story good enough to share with others. Not every sentence needs to be 'beautiful'. It only needs to be clear and readable. As long a sentence portrays the story right, it's fine. So don't worry about writing well too much. The more you write and edit and read, the more you will naturally get better. It won't happen overnight, but with time and patience, you'll get there.

There's really nothing else to it. Is there anything specific you're having trouble with or is it just the writing itself that's bothering you?

Generous Entrepreneur

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Besides the best ones above (reading a lot and practice writing) carry around a notebook everywhere you go. And a pen (can't forget that!). I have found that always having something near by helps. Even for the simplest to do list, to small pieces of poetry. Eventually it adds up, leading to a series of thoughts throughout time.

I am more of a poet and essayist, admiring those who write long stories, so if you're more of a longer writer, good for you! Small steps are better than none at all. Also, having a small notebook at your disposal will help you gather ideas together when you are stuck waiting somewhere. Sounds like most published authors take advantage of any type of free time, may it be on lines, in traffic, or while everyone else is sleeping. Limiting your writing time might also help you keep your words concise. Editing a later process, so put that on pause.

You can do it! Let us know how things are coming along. ^_^

Clean Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
hey you just keep on trying im relly good i draw alot i went to worst to best i love my self because
i draw so good this is a tip hope you do better I heart DRAWLIN TO ROSEMAWAR

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces