Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've always promoted research when you're writing!
Even if you're completely making up your universe, your races, your everything.
Even if it's a story about neon green cats with wings and magical powers.
Research will only ever add to a story!
Though it can make it a bit awkward for people to see your search history....
SebastiansLittleDoll
I definitely recommend trying to learn those things in whatever way you can. I mean, you can't just give up on a story 'cause you don't understand certain aspects of it. Think about all those poor, lonely law books that no one reads and how happy they'll be when they're finally given some love and attention. crying

Coming from a pre-law student who's taken a legal research course, there is a goddamn good reason why those law books are ******** lonely and why no one reads them. There's a rant about legal research in my brain, but i'll spare you of it.

Honestly, I'd just read as many articles as I could on a specific murderer. Just random Google search it and read every single article you can find that covers the procedural and legal aspects of it. Wikipedia search criminal law procedure, but research is best when done in a case-study type method. If you look at a specific investigation, you can see how all those legal terms and court decisions play out in real life.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Special Agent Nishin

Coming from a pre-law student who's taken a legal research course, there is a goddamn good reason why those law books are ******** lonely and why no one reads them. There's a rant about legal research in my brain, but i'll spare you of it.

Eeep, looks like the books were a bad idea then. o.o Well then they can just... uh... rot in a corner, where no one can find them. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff