Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would you think if I started a Absolute Boyfriend RP on Gaia?

Ooooo... I'm intrigued. If you do it right Taiyo, I might just join! 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 5 ]
Sounds cool, but I'm not much of Roleplayer. 0.30769230769231 30.8% [ 4 ]
NO! I condemn you for even thinking such a thing. **Stabs with Spork** 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 2 ]
Mmmm.... Pollness. **Eats** 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 2 ]
What's Absolute Boyfriend? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
What's a Roleplay? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
This poll closed on November 16, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32 33 34 > >>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~::Welcome Everyone to v2.0 of the Zettai Kareshi/ Absolute Boyfriend Thread~::

Seeing that my old thread shan't be getting it's old posts back, it's time for the new and (hopefully) improved Zettai Kareshi Thread! ZK is one of Yuu Watase's latests mangas, consisting of 32 Chapters in 6 volumes. It has now been liscensed by Viz and can be read in the new manga magazine, Shojo Beat.

~::The Story::~

16-year-old, Riiko Izawa has the worst of luck when it comes to getting a boyfriend. No matter what she does, she always gets shot down flat. To make things worse, her childhood friend and neighbour, Soushi is constantly getting on her nerves.

Her world turns around though when she returns a cellphone she find to weird dressing, but very attractive Gaku Namikiri. As a reward, Gaku wants to repay Riiko for what she has done. So when he asks Riiko for what she wants, she blurts out. "I want a Boyfriend!" Gaku then smiles and gives her a card to a secret website.

That night Riiko takes a look at that website and ends up in a place called "Lovers Shop". A place, I guess you can say, that sells Boyfriends or 'Lovers'. She clicks on "Nightly" and a picture of a gorgeous young man shows up. Despite her better judgment, Riiko decides to order him and try a 3-day Trial.

The next day a huge box is delivered to her apartment and out of it falls the young man she ordered the night before! (Naked, if I might add) After finding the instructions she awakens him with a kiss. He then awakens and says "Hello, Girlfriend" and kisses her back. Thus is the beginning of Riiko's crazy new life!

~::Characters::~

Riiko Izawa: The main character of the story. Riiko is your average teenage girl...only she has bad luck when it comes to guys, and has a thing for buying 'life enhancing' products. She's the centre if the love triangle between Night, Soushi and her.

Soushi Asamato: Riiko's chilhood friend and neighbour. A handsome and hard worker. Though he may tease and nag Riiko all the time, he actually does have deep feelings for her and always tries do look our for her.

Night Tenjou: Sexy and somewhat naive, Night is Riiko's new robotic boyfriend from the Love Shop. Though he may be just a 'doll', his feelings for Riiko are more real than any human's.

Gaku Namikiri: A strangely dressed Salesman with an Accent from a company called 'Kronos Heaven'. He first meets Riiko when she finds his phone and returns it to him. He then gives her a card bringing her to his company's online shop.

~::News::~
July 30th- The Thread is up! Yes! **Boogies**
September 15th- Sorry I have been on lately, compu problems (check pg 12). Anyways, This Month, Volume 3 Shojo Beat is being released, which means Chp. 3 of AB is coming out. I know you probably all know this, but meh. **Shrugs**

~::Banners::~

User Image

Quote:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/Amateur_Artist_Click/Gaia%20Stuffs/zettaibanner.gif

Thanks to Lonneidi for the Banner! I FINALLY put it up.

~::Links to other Threads::~

User Image

A Sundae? McDonalds? No it's [~Parfait Tic~]!!!

~::Absolute Boyfriend Sites::~

~Shrouded Anxiety~

Zettai Kareshi: Nightly Lover (French)
**Sweeps the entrance to her thread**
whee Yay! -suscribes-
I've only read up to chapter 23 or 24 T_____T
it got licensed already...well i just hope that viz would release it by book
Whoo nice! I've only read the teaser in the Shojo Beat preview thing... and I think this is the only series I'm interested in xd
Here's the banner:
User Image
Ah. I love Zettai Kareshi. I wasn't able to finish it. I just got up tot he chapter with "mini." I love this manga. Soushi really reminds me of my one friend, too.
I've read the first two chapters in Shojo Beat, and I think Riiko should go with Soshi. Also, I don't see how you can make a six-volume manga about a three-day boyfriend. Does Riiko get to keep Night for longer?
Luff the thread, Taiyo. whee

@Ethereal Dream - She accidentaly forgot to deliver Night. xd
Absolute Boyfriend was my second favorite series in Shojo Beat. (I'm just addicted to Godchild) Anyways, I've only read the first chapter! It was a cliffhanger man! An awkward and funny cliffhanger! lol
Ooh, Zettai Kareshi, eh? *subscribes* I love the picture on the first post, by the way! whee

I've only read up to chapter 24 or so where Night is suddenly mini. I just love this manga. When do the actual graphic novels come out in the U.S.?
I believe Volume one is already out in the U.S. I'm guessing, but I think I saw it in the book store.. I hope.
Really? The only Zettai Kareshi I've seen in stores is in Shoujo Beat. I should take a closer look probably. sweatdrop
Ah, then I'm probably wrong. I've been seeing a lot of Shojo Beat stuff in the bookstores lately, they all blend together. Have you checked the offical website?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff