Welcome to Gaia! ::

I haven't seen much on the genre here at all, so I thought maybe I could get some peoples' favorites of the genre.

Personally, Einherjer has got to be one of my favorite viking metal bands. I just get addicted to their material when I listen to it (which is pretty often nowadays).

Anyone else?

EDIT: NO bands such as Rammstein, Shitnut, Mudvayne, or others go into this thread.
So don't put them or I'll report you.

*IMPORTANT*Bands such as Unleahsed and Amon Amarth are *NOT* viking metal simply because of their lyrical basis! Genre is NOT based on lyrical themes. Do NOT put Amon Amarth into this thread.
Vintersorg, Borknagar, Ensiferum, Windir, Otyg, Thyrfing, Finntroll, Equilibrium... Can't decide!
Joforyou
Vintersorg, Borknagar, Ensiferum, Windir, Otyg, Thyrfing, Finntroll, Equilibrium... Can't decide!
heart heart heart heart

I love all those bands as well.
Especially Windir, for some odd reason.
there are few folk/viking bands that i don't like...actually i can't think of any.
Axl Bomber
there are few folk/viking bands that i don't like...actually i can't think of any.
Eh, I can see why a few would piss you off. There are a few bands I can think of that turn me off (like Trollkiller).
So many good bands. In the end, I think I'd go for Ensiferum.
imeke
So many good bands. In the end, I think I'd go for Ensiferum.
*gives you a prize*
Congratulations. You have chosen one of many absolutely great choices. 3nodding
love_is_destructive
Axl Bomber
Eh, I can see why a few would piss you off. There are a few bands I can think of that turn me off (like Trollkiller).

trollkiller is alright in reletivley small doses...not something i'd run out and buy, but okay for a folk/viking mix cd
Axl Bomber

trollkiller is alright in reletivley small doses...not something i'd run out and buy, but okay for a folk/viking mix cd
Their stuff kinda bores me to death... but yeah, relatively smaller doses are alright..
Even though I haven't listened to them in over a month. xp
<center>The only Viking Metal bands I've heard are Bathory and Borknagar..</center>
lately i've been listening to a lot of einherjer, enslaved (viking/black) and a little bit of korpaklani
Bi Lover Boy
<center>The only Viking Metal bands I've heard are Bathory and Borknagar..</center>
Borknagar is a bit more on the folk/viking metal side, but Bathory is a good choice, too.
I just wish Quorthon was still alive.
<center>Oh yeah, and Finntroll.</center>
Bi Lover Boy
<center>Oh yeah, and Finntroll.</center>
Another good band.
finntroll has got to be the best but its more like a polka influenced black metal band than viking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff