Welcome to Gaia! ::

Accept no immitations!

This is the first real official Sonic the Hedgehog thread!

Say no to copycats!

Quote:
Yes, I realize that there is already another Sonic thread, but that one has been inactive for over a year. THIS ONE HAS REPLACED THAT ONE in the Video Game Thread Directory, and so this one is the REAL one, no matter what the case, even if that old thread is indeed older. I'm not a copycat myself, I'm just someone who set out to make a more informative thread on a topic that wasnt given any justice by that old thread.

Recently, the old thread was brought back to the surface by people that I had banned from this one for good reasons, and now their only purpose is to get revenge" on me, or something. [which I should add is completely childish and idiotic.]

So don't come in here looking to have a "thread battle" or something, because I already win in the long run.

If you have any questions about the thread, PLEASE PM MY OTHER ACCOUNT, KeaLe the Yaoi God. I no longer use this account at all.

User Image Welcome!
Updates! ::::

11/05/05: Instead of a bumpers list, I've made it into a regulars list. Everyone should check this out in case I've missed anyone.

Affiliates Updated.

~~
W00t! We've reached more than 500 pages! Congrats everyone. ^_^ It's good to know there are some hardcore Sonikku fans on Gaia. :3 Lets hope we can continue to keep this place alive!

Links updated.

Welcome to the REAL Official Sonic the Hedgehog Thread! This is a great place to talk about the true blue hedgehog himself, the one and only. My main purpose for making this thread was to have place to truly discuss the Sonic games, and even Sonic himself. Any of the games from the very first Sonic 1, all the way to the latest, Sonic Heroes. I love Sonic, I've been a fan since I was only 7 (I'm 17 currently. XD) He inspired me and shaped the way I am now, he's influenced me through my whole life. I really wanted to make this thread, since Sonic was such an important aspect to me growing up. Honestly. =D I'm sorry if there was a Sonic thread before this one, but I heard it wasnt very popular, and I wanted to make this one more validated. ^^; Gomen Nasai!!
YAY! I FINALLY GOT THIS THREAD INTO THE VG THREAD DIRECTORY! *cheers* blaugh blaugh heart heart

The History of Sonic 3nodding
-----
Sonic Has been a huge popularity for over 10 years. He is one of the most recognizable video game characters of all time, and he helped to shape an industry and culture in video games. His first game, Sonic 1, launched on Sega genesis in 1991, and was universally recognized as the first significant challenger to Mario. This game sold more than 2 million units world wide on that year alone. The Sonic mania escalated, bring the blue blur into two simultaneous TV shows, and a comic which is still published today by Archie Comics Publications. You can view the website here. Sonic was even the first video game character to be featured in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1993. By 1995, Sonic mania had spread everywhere; from lunch boxes, comic books, wristwatches and sneakers and even to PASTA, while he also ranks as one of the top FIVE most recognizable personalities among teenagers. With the internet springing up in 1997, Sonic fansites EXPLODED, bringing us the ability to show our appreciation for him. Sonic Underground debuted in 1999, surprising everyone (and confusing the hell outta them at the same time. XD ) and was to become the most popular cartoon on Teletoon, Canada's premier cartoon cable network.
In 2001, Sonic celebrated his 10th anniversary, and Sonic Adventure 2 was released that same year. Most recent games are Sonic Mega Collection (which gave those oldschool gamers a taste of the past) and Sonic Heroes. (That game seems to have been a big disappointment for most people.. but I didn't find it that bad.)

The comic series, Which has now reached well over 125 issues, (I miss you J.F.G. ;__; ) follows the storyline of both the games and the characters from the old cartoon series. It manages make the story very interesting, and always leaves you hanging for the next issue. (The issues as of recent have been getting painfully short, which is a shame. Consider that they are trying to cram the stories of 2 or more characters into one comic, though.) My favorite artist who does that comic is Patrick Spaziante heart Whom I idolize and adore to bits. Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed my J Axer, but he's no match for Spaz. >=D

~~~ Thanks to EGM magazine for the wonderful insight!

---------------
User Image
Rules & guidelines:
PG-13 PEOPLE!! I can't stress this enough!! This means no talk about things potentially over PG-13 (How anyone could WANT to in a Sonic thread is beyond me..) and NO links to sites potentially over PG-13. Doing this things is against Gaia's TOS and you can be reported!
1. No flaming. No coming in here and saying "Sonic sucks" and "I hate Sonic games, because they are stupid" and stupid s**t like that. If you want to post that you have a dislike for these games, then please do so respectably, and give a reason WHY. There's no reason to be childish about it.
2. Please try to keep the discussion in here relatively intelligent.
3. Bumping is allowed. (PM me if you would like to be an official bumper.) But please, no spam (as in stupid posts that dont relate to Sonic at all.)
4. You can talk about Sonic Anime in here, but keep it to a minimum, since this is the VG discussion forum. =D
5. Have fun! You know the blue blur himself would want it that way. >D
6. You can also talk about the Sega systems here, like Genesis, 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast, since they are sort of relevant.
7. EMULATORS: Please keep talk about this kind of stuff to a minimum. You can talk about them to a degree, but PLEASE do not provide any sources for them or the likes.
8. Alright, this issue has been brought to my attention by certain circumstances. Please, no picture posting unless its necessary, and RELATES to the discussion. Random picture posting, even if its Sonic-related, is spam. This is a DISCUSSION thread. Acceptable pictures: screenshots relating to the discussion, and fanart of your OWN that you want me to put on the first post.
Kay? Thanks. =3

Some of my own posts regarding certain issues that have aroused some questions.

KeaLe the Yaoi God

Posting of fanart of characters is ALLOWED, as long as its not.. you know, suggestive in any way. [THIS IS A PG-13 SITE.] You gotta have something to say about it too. You can't just have it as the only thing in your post. I'm NOT okay with random picture posting, just for the sake of posting it. You have to have a real reason for it.
FANCHARACTERS.
Well, as long as you have some way to relate them to Sonic. Or, if you just want people's oppinions on them..

KeaLe the Yaoi God
I should also say that fanart by another artist should not be posted unless permission is obtained from the original artist. OR it says on their website that their art is free to distribute.

You never know what kind of art theives could be out there.

I hope this clarifies rule 8 a little better.

---------------

List of Games:
(for those who are unfamiliar with them)
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 2 & Knuckles
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Sonic Chaos
Sonic Triple Trouble
Sonic Drift (Japan Only)
Sonic Drift 2
Sonic Labyrinth
Tails Adventures
Sonic Blast
Sonic Jam
Sonic R
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle for CG)
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Battle
Sonic Pinball Party
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Mega Collection PLUS
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Heroes
Sonic N
SegaSonic the Hedgehog (Arcade)
Sonic Championship (Sonic the Fighters in Japan)
Sonic the Tails Spinner (Arcade)
Sonic CD
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure
Sonic Gems Collection
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Rush
Sonic Riders
(If I've missed any, please tell me so, okay? =D )
---------------
User Image

Links (fansites and the like, some of the best I've come across)
Sonic Central
Shadow HQ (formerly Sonic HQ)
The Sonic Corner
Team Artail

Shadow of a Hedgehog one of the best Sonic sites I've ever seen. It's got videos, music, images, everything.
This is the best place to find Sonic MUSIC.
Sonic GIFS A very extensive Sonic GIF image gallery. Foreign language warning.

--------------
Banners!!
(copy and paste the codes into your sig)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
Code:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7100459&start=0][img]http://tinyurl.com/7ug3g[/img]

Quote:
Code:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7100459&start=0][img]http://tinyurl.com/aqafb[/img]

Quote:
Code:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7100459&start=0][img]http://tinyurl.com/7n6co[/img]

Quote:
Code:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7100459&start=0][img]http://tinyurl.com/c42pt[/img]

Quote:
Code:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7100459&start=0][img]http://tinyurl.com/cd6mj[/img]

---------------

Have any theories about Sonic? PM me! smile
---------------
My sonic related art! (want you art posted here? PM!)
By me:
User Image

By nara-mia:
User Image
User Image

--------------

~*~THREAD REGULARS~*~
(These people have more power in the thread than you. D:< If they see someone breaking the rules, they report it to ME.)

MurasakiDoku

Max Slasher

DragonhalfShane

PerfectZonic

Meganu Bunny

Spork3h

Fuyin

AaronTheGreat

Alexander Destriot

Anyone else who has been around the thread for a while [longer than 2 weeks] can come see me [send PMs to KeaLe the Yaoi God] and be put on this list.

Thanks a bunch you guys! heart

BLACKLIST: (I never thought I'd need to make one of these. D: )

disco ninja (For continuously not following the rules. If you see him in any other form of account, please report it to me.)

tailim2 (for being a complete moron and quoting the first post. Who would do that? seriously.)

frogdudesomethingorother (For completely stretching my page and being a little ********. neutral )

Pikachu King (for being errogent and insulting another poster's tastes. Also, his mules. Pichu King, Raichu King, Keep Trying, etc. Stop.)

---------------
Other threads that I wanna link to. =D [Affilliaters.] (yeah, I spelt that wrong on purpose. xD)

OFFICIAL STARFOX THREAD. Because Starfox Is teh KICKASS. XD
User Image
Come to teh Official Star Fox Thread!

Murasaki's Shadow Thread. :3
User Image
---------------
I thought Suriko should have a special mention on the first post for best Gaian Tails replica. xD
User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User Image

Dapper Lunatic

I believe there's already an official Sonic the hedgehog topic, and your sig is too big. The max is 100kbs combined. Yours is well over 200kbs.
Dante..Sparda
I believe there's already an official Sonic the hedgehog topic, and your sig is too big. The max is 100kbs combined. Yours is well over 200kbs.
Well, Sorry. stare I just thought I could make a more valid thread, thats all.
quoted from the VG forums rules

"The only confirmation that a thread in the forum is official if it is an announcement or sticky. Users are encouraged to look for an existing topic before posting, but in no way does adding "official" to your topic title give you the rights to hold the only thread on the subject. "
Dante..Sparda

i thought it was 400kb...
Arym

"The only confirmation that a thread in the forum is official if it is an announcement or sticky. Users are encouraged to look for an existing topic before posting, but in no way does adding "official" to your topic title give you the rights to hold the only thread on the subject. "
Is that a bad thing for me? sweatdrop

Dapper Lunatic

Arym
Dante..Sparda

i thought it was 400kb...
no, the max is 100kbs and 500x500 pixels combined. This is because a great deal of the people on gaia use Dial up, this rule is made to help the burden on those dial up users.
Yaoi Goddess KeaLe
Arym

that means that the only official threads are announcments and stickies, you can make a thread if you wish as long as its not spam
Aw comon. I worked so damn hard on this thread. Gimme a ******** break. crying
Arym
Yaoi Goddess KeaLe
Arym

that means that the only official threads are announcments and stickies, you can make a thread if you wish as long as its not spam
Oh, Okay. ^__^;
Yaoi Goddess KeaLe

its a good thing for you ... its just means that if someone slaps "official" on their thread that they dont own the subject,
Honestly.. The thread is fine.. let it go Arym...
Arym
Yaoi Goddess KeaLe

its a good thing for you ... its just means that if someone slaps "official" on their thread that they dont own the subject,
Thats why I put the word *potential*. xp
Did anyone play that sonic game that was on PC with the future and past with time travel?
Arym
Did anyone play that sonic game that was on PC with the future and past with time travel?

wow... busy thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces