Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi, I'm sure you all want to know what the "Gaia Breedables Revolution" is all about. I'm here to tell you why we're running this operation, and what we stand for, if you've the time and open-mindedness to read.

You've all probably heard of Breedables, and I know that you may even be a breedables regular, a breedables "whore" if you will. If so, then you know all about what Breedables is. Atleast, maybe you do, or maybe you don't. I'm here to tell you how many of us see it. We're not all rich; some of us live from the gold from posting, and that puts us in the lowest income bracket on Gaia. Some of us may run a shop; a small shop, not necissarily popular, but with a small group loyal to us. We're likely to be akin the upper lower class. But We may have auctions maybe reaching 15K at best. We work hard, and we try our best, but it is as if our best isn't enough.

And then there are stores we merely peek into. We merely long for in our state of work; we cannot earn to gold, and the pet is in high demand, and often low supply, to make us wish to trade, or buy, but many times, we cannot. Why is that? Because of the Gaian "Upper Class"; those whom weild a gold count we can only dream of, those whom may even acheive the status of the popular group in Breedables. No, that doesn't include people with one or two of those coveted '03 items. It includes things as high as multiple 03s, and high amounts of Gold. Those who put auctions 100K+. Sure, an 03 is nice, those who own or owned one know this, and many refuse to part with their items; far too valuable to spend, perhaps unless for a dream pet, while the elite and popular merely plunk the gold down without a care. So what are those without to do? Have we no chance?

We've thought so for a long time, but we shouldn't sit idly by and let these things just happen. That is why we need equality.

Another nasty institution in Breedables is the institution of Blacklisting. No, noone's innocent of being influanced by or creating these, but they turned into TROUBLE. It's basically had the effect of the following;

- Soiling and or destroying another Gaian's name

- Encouraging Conflict between users

- Creating tension between users/for users

- In extreame cases, a Blacklist is used in pure spite and or to create Slander.

These are the worst to pop to mind. Users are encouraged to post more. Overrall, the current use of "listing" is very UNfriendly and also in many cases borderline Anti-TOS. It's also quite an immature use of text. After all, Gaia is for fun. I thus propose, if one has a problem with a user breaking TOS, they use a handy ferature: "Report this Post" and fill out the form for it. It gets the work done and sends the information to the proper moderator and or administrator. Flaming is thus unneccissary and even juvenile. In fact, flaming makes people very emotionally distressed and has made people wish to leave Gaia. What does this prove? Gaia is turned into a Cesspool of hate? Gods I hope not; for Gaia was created in the name of fun. If a person must blacklist, they must be for appropriate reasons:

- When "Repoert This Post" is ineffective and the user constantly causes trouble

- For Breaking Gaia's ToS Agreement after repeated, friendly warnings

- Art Theft

You will note concepts of store are not mentioned. While it is known the Internet is a form of "publishing", although not quite akin a book, the law does NOT forbid the use of characters, idea, stories, and the like to be used AS LONG AS THE PERSON IS NOT MAKING ANY REAL MONEY FROM IT. Selling something for real money, such as American Dollars or the Euro, is not acceptable; nor legal. Gaian gold, however, is simply pixels, play money. That is acceptable, so long as the work, according to ToS, is your own. Guest art is drawing another's art for a store, for SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA. So why would another shop be wrong? In fact, some monopolies are illegal; for a Real World perspective, look at the law suit against Microsoft. A Monopoly is NOT acceptable, so why should it be allowed on Gaia? I then say to you all; if you draw the art, do not plagerize, and make your own idea of a BASE idea, such as angels, children, orphanages, ETC, it is acceptable. The stories may be different. The core is similiar. Even more base is the idea you are providing a service to Gaians. And it's supposed to be FUN, a concept long forgotten in Breedables.

The final problem is the concept of gold. Again, Gaia is for fun, so why are we paying 15K for pretty pixels? 20K? 100K? For those who feel that is the worth, than perhaps. But for a Flatsale? Labor may be worth at maximum 5K. Why? Yes, you work on all the stages, but 15K for working? That, much like the gas industry, is digging. 7-10K for a full custom is high, but people have reason to save and believe they can buy them. But 50K? 100K? 200K? For one pet? Again. Digging. Both unfair and thoughtless. Your work may be good, but think of the Gaians willing to work. RP contests are equally difficult. Why not an interview, or making RP optional? Forms provide adequete ideas of Grammar, especially with SHORT essay answers. 1 Paragraph. But also, look at content. It will tell you how willing a person is. And ensure they are public. Your friends may be fun to play with, but you may make new friends with a new person too. Think of that; that perhaps the most inmtriguing person may be the one you ignore. If you don't want to offer fair prices all the time, or you haven't the time to work often, why not mark unavailability until times you're willing to work on the pet's availability. Don't overwork yourself, but don't make it impossible to buy your pet. Ricjh buying the pet is not possible. It makes it impossible for all. We want equality. We want fairness.

We want breedables to be fun again. We want everyone to have a chance to enjoy ALL aspects, to enjoy play. We want Equality. Kindness. We want a smile. The attitude of Breedables is both unkind, and unfair. It's become a popularity contest, as well as a cesspool of hate, stress, and misery. It is time the people speak out, and we speak what we feel. And against the injustice.

If this is in the wrong thread, I would appreciate it if a Mod moved it. ^_^ Thank you.
<Center>Our Supporters

Silver Gryphon
Mythomaniac
Yokoburi
Raving
Red-Rose Wolf

Gaia Peasant Day
Next Peasant Day: March 28-April 1st

Gaia Peasant Day will be a Breedables event to prove our point. We encourage all supporters and Shop Owners to dress in Peasant's Clothing: Tops/Dress, pants, gloves, booties, the entire Peasant Set.

People Signed up for Peasant Day

Bad Event Day
Next Bad Event Day: Unknown

Auctions tend to dislike "bad" event items, like Mummy Masks, ETC. No more! Bad Event Day, wear those face viels! Wear those hockey masks! Wear those skirts! Nothing good allowed! So get those stockings warmed up!

People signed up for Bad Event Day
<Center>Linking The Gaia Breedables Resistance

Want to support our cause? Great! You can help in many ways! Sign up to support us, link us, or donate banners! We have two banners for you, and one for Peasant day.

User Image
[URL=http://tinyurl.com/6q5tp][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/576pg[/IMG][/URL]

User Image
[URL=http://tinyurl.com/6q5tp][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/4vwvp[/IMG][/URL]

User Image
[URL=http://tinyurl.com/6q5tp][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/5w5gy[/IMG][/URL]

Affiliates

^w^
While the topic is serious, we also reccommend some songs for listening to to learn that really, we want to do well, but we simply don't wish to stand for anymore of the nonsense in Breedables. We hope you enjoy! If you wish to add to the list, feel free!

<Center>The Revolution's Theme Song
Reccommended by Raving. Probably the coursest song so far.

La Resistance - South Park Movie

Pleasant Songs to smile to!

Shut Up and Smile - Bowling for Soup
Flowers Blooming in the Church - Final Fantasy VII (Nobuo Uematsu)
Mine's not a High Horse - The Shins
Light and Day - The Polyphonic Spree
Love is an Arrow - Aberfeldy (Some copies come with an adorable video!)
Godhopping - Dogs Die in Hot Cars

Thank you again! heart
*Hopes people help us...* sweatdrop
I will help!

Space Werewolf

I'm not a minishops or Breedables regular, but I see your point and I support your cause. 3nodding
Viva la Revolution! whee -Waves a flag-
eek heart

Thank all of you. ;_; *Goes to update support list*
i've wanted a breedable to RP. but the auctions reached over 1 million in gold and items so pretty much i'm d00med to not have one so i totally understand, see, and support your point! xDD
Yokoburi
i've wanted a breedable to RP. but the auctions reached over 1 million in gold and items so pretty much i'm d00med to not have one so i totally understand, see, and support your point! xDD

That is EXACTLY why some shops should lower prices. I know there's good shops cheap, but really, there needs to be more EQUALITY. Is there? Pff. Not for what's considered "popular" or is in high demand. And they keep it that way, to milk the market.
Aw, well, you're welcome at our shops! biggrin They tend to be cheep whee *Needs to rework her pricing system*
NovaStrike
Yokoburi

That is EXACTLY why some shops should lower prices. I know there's good shops cheap, but really, there needs to be more EQUALITY. Is there? Pff. Not for what's considered "popular" or is in high demand. And they keep it that way, to milk the market.

exactly! -ditto's to what you said- i mean the art and concept might be uberly great, and i don't want a breedable for free, but don't you think 1 million goes beyond the whole point? how greedy can these people GET? scream
Yokoburi
NovaStrike
Yokoburi

exactly! -ditto's to what you said- i mean the art and concept might be uberly great, and i don't want a breedable for free, but don't you think 1 million goes beyond the whole point? how greedy can these people GET? scream

Pretty bad. I'll be honest when I say the Elitists hate me. It's what they seem to want. Money. Sad. I used to look up to some of those people. But now I know ugly truth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff