No 0.10679611650485 10.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 103 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 111 112 113 > >> >>> »|

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

THIS THREAD HAS MOVED:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FREE CONTEST! Yup. NOW CLOSED
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=11688626

-Something has happened to the gift shop! What's this? Figurines? Plushies opened again? Go look =^^=

-Also, there has been a change in the number of Stymphalians you may own! Read the rules to see :3

Welcome to the Stymphalian lair. Here you will be able to learn about these beautiful creatures, how to obtain one, rules, and other such useful information concerning Stymphalians. Please read the front page completely before asking questions!

The shop has been transfered over to this account from Ankharis due to new ownership. By having an account specifically for Stymphalians, it will make things a lot easier on me if I have to pass on the shop to another Gaian. Please remember to update any links/urls/bookmarks you may have of the previous Stymphalian thread.

To view the original shop thread, go here: stymphalian

To visit the old RP thread: Stymphalian's Roleplaying Thread
Though please note that roleplaying now takes place in the main thread here :3

Also, if you wish to be on the mailing list in order to get warnings of upcoming auctions/flatsales/events, please pm or request to be a friend to myself! ((Not Aerinya~ anymore!))

User Image
Navigation
Rules
History
Stages
Amphora
F.A.Q
Sales & Instructions
Backgrounds
Items
Pick-Up
Owners & Donators
Mini Shops
Links

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
<center>User Image</center>

1.) For no reason whatsoever may the images be edited, traced, claimed ownership of (besides by Ankharis, of course), or redistributed in any way. There is no justification for such behavior.

2.) Auctioning/flatsale rules (which will be posted in auction/flatsale threads) must be adhered to strictly.

3.) Resale or transferring owners of Stymphalian will not be permitted.

4.) You must be capable of hosting your own images. For the duration of their growth, I will host images, but after that, it is up to you to host them yourselves.

5.) You must treat other Stymphalian owners, auction bidders, and posters in this thread with the utmost courtesy. I don't want any fights breaking out.

6.) Spamming in any form is not permitted in this thread. However, feel free to chat or make comments here.

7.) You may only own 3 Stymphalian total. Once you have two Stymphalians, however, you may not participate in flatsales--only auctions. This way, people who only have one or no Stymphalians will have a better chance to earn one by the use of flatsales.

8.) I have the right to refuse sale to anyone who annoys me (so don't). Or if I have already sold you a Stymphalian, I have the right to remove ownership without refund.

Anyone caught infringing on any of the above rules will be banned from this thread with little or no further warning.

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200

Perhaps you are wondering about exactly what a Stymphalian is. Well, I'll tell you. Stymphalian birds are beasts of Greek mythology. According to legend, they were large, quickly breeding beasts characterized by metallic feathers and menacing bronze beaks. The problem was that they were destroying the crops and terrorizing the local inhabitants of Lake Stymphalus (in Arcadia).

The fifth labor Heracles (also known in Latin as Hercules) was to rid these marshes of the pesky creatures. In order to accomplish this, Athena, goddess of invention (among other things), persuaded Hephaestus to fashion a large pair of bronze clappers to aid Heracles. With this bizarre instrument, the hero was able to create a loud enough ruckus to drive the birds into flight, at which point he proceeded to knock them out of the air with arrows. Charming.

Nice story, right? Right. However, the Stymphalian that we have here are just a bit different. First of all, they are peaceful creatures for the most part. Their feathered wings have soft, downy feathers, though they can burst into flame at the Stymphalians command, depending on the species. But they certainly aren't like razors (whew). They do, however, diet on fruit. Hey, who doesn't enjoy a good apple every now and again? Still, these pretty beasts don't eat a lot, and tend not to be picky. Stymphalian, when social, communicate with each other in a series of chirps, trills, mews, and growls. They can also speak the ancient languages of humans telepathically, but not often our modern-day English. But the major difference between these Stymphalian and the creatures of myth are that these resemble cats more than birds. They have large, pointed ears that are folded back unless the Stymphalian feels threatened, in which case they would point up to the sky. Other characteristics include a rather thick, flexible tail, a lithe feline build, and silky fur. Sound like you might want one? Excellent. But there is more you should know about Stymphalian before you adopt one. Read on!

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
<center>User Image

User Image</center>

All Stymphalian start off as a pot. Well, if you want to be precise, it's called a Pyxis. In ancient Greece, these pretty little lidded pots were used to hold makeup and combs and other such girly things, but Stymphalian Birth Pyxis contain a fine, sometimes ashy powder. This extraordinary substance is the beginning of your Stymphalian. Obviously, since they originate from pottery, Stymphalian do not breed. Female Pyxii will bear swirling patterns, while a males will have a meander design (a sort of square spiral).

If you are patient and care for the Pyxis properly, it will transform into a Stymphalian kitten. This little cutie is still rather weak and has closed eyes much of the time, since they require quite a bit of sleep. Their wings are but tiny spurts of feathers on their back and their bodies are about the size of a housecat's. Shhh, better not wake it!

With time and love, the tiny kitten will mature into a healthy, strong Stymphalian adult. These beasts are about the size of an ocelot, or other small wildcats, on average. Some do grow a bit larger, though. Adults have long, narrow legs and more developed wingspans. Depending on how you raised your Pyxis and its gender, it will have a different appearance (pose) as an adult. The factor in the next post is one of these two determinates.

Most Stymphalian will age to the Adult stage and then cease growth. There is, however, one final stage. It is still unknown as to how Stymphalian may evolve to this super stage, but there is proof that such a level exists. Currently, none such Stymphalian exists.

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Q: Gah! I'm dying to have one! How can I get my very own Stymphalian companion?
A: Most of the time, Stymphalian adoptions will take place in the form of auctions. Occasionally, there will be flatsales, though probably rarely. Raffles, contests, and perhaps pet trades are other options. I mentioned this before, but you will not be able to get litters from a Stymphalian couple, as they do not breed naturally. Do not PM me begging for a Stymphalian.

Q: Will you do customs? I'll pay a hefty sum!
A: I suppose...
Semi-custom will be 110,000g.
Semi-custom with lineart edits, depending on complexity, will be between these two amounts.
Custom will be 200,000g.
(I like good donation letters a lot, too... >.> wink

Q: How do I breed my Stymphalian?
A: Didn't I mention this before? Stymphalian do not breed. This is for the reason they are born from ceramic pots, and moreover that I don't have enough free time to do that.

Q: Must I RP? I'm not much of the role-playing type
A: No, role-playing is not required of you for any reason other than to have fun.

Q: But I wanna RP!!!!
A: Well, there is a thread designated for that one purpose. It's linked at the top. In fact, if you post there often enough, you get a special discount when you order a plushie. See further below for that.

Q: Will you do a pet trade with me?
A: Maybe, maybe not. Doubt it, though.

Q: If we do a pet trade, do I have to pay for all the extra expenses?
A: My policy is this: you do not have to pay for the background (woohoo!), but you do have to pay for any items you buy.

Q: How long do Stymphalian take to age?
A: Stymphalian are usually slow to age. The Pyxis stage lasts for just a little more than a week, but they will remain in kitten stage for quite a while. It's somewhat hard to predict.

Q: How do I evolve my Stymphalian to the Super Stage?
A: Right now, that is unknown. Later, I may drop further hints on the subject.

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Flatsales will be shown here. Auctions will be linked at the top of the page as well as below. Please be sure you have read all of the above posts before you adopt your Stymphalian. Instructions for flatsale are below.

Current auctions: Maybe >.>
Current sales: none
Other: Contest..?

Semi-custom/custom slots:
1) open

User Image

If there is a flatsale going on, post that you "have read the rules," which one you want, and are willing to pay the 3000 gold. Now here's the fun part--flatsales will have a prompt. This means that it is not first come first serve, but rather whoever puts enough effort/creativity into their entry. Use spellcheck, and please note that I grade creativity higher than skills. You will probably have one or two days to create the entry, so be ready :3

After you have won an auction or successfully earned a Stymphalian in a flatsale, you must PM me the name of your Stymphalian and send the trade (in the case of a flatsale, I'll PM you first).

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200

You may customize your Stymphalian by adding a special border onto it. The basic Fire or Water border comes free with your Stymphalian, but if you wish to have one of the special backgrounds you must pay an additional price. This means please add the cost of your background to the 3000g in a flatsale or whatever your bid was in an auction. I do not charge extra for special background in the case of a pet trade.

You may change the background after the initial purchase, but only once. (It is perhaps wisest to wait to purchase a background until after your Pyxis has evolved to kitten stage, so you can see which setting best suits your Stymphalians colors. )

The following backgrounds are available to Water elements only:
User Image Basic Water: free
User Image Heaven's Tears: 3000 gold
User Image Beachs of Troy: 6000 gold

The following backgrounds are available to Fire elements only:
User ImageBasic Fire: free
User ImageSunset on Mt. Olympus: 3000 gold
User ImageCerberus' Charge: 6000 gold

The following backgrounds are available to Earth elements only:
User ImageBasic Earth: free
User ImageNighttime on Earth: 3000 gold
User ImageDemeter's Forest: 6000 gold

The following backgrounds are available to any element:
User ImageWhisper of Artemis: 6000 gold
User ImageTemple of the gods: 6000 gold

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200

You may purchase lovely items that your Stymphalian may wear! Samples of the items are modeled by Celaeno and Mersa:

<b>Headgear... </b>

User Image
400g OMG Hat~Cozily warm and wicked cool. What more could your Stymphalian want??

<b>Collars... </b>

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
200g Studded leather collar~Males only. A sleek black collar with tiny metal studs.
200g Leather collar with cross~Females only. A smooth leather necklace adorned with a silver cross pendant.
200g Angelic collar~A pale blue felt collar that sparkles like pearls.
300g Moon collar~A ring of dark silver metal with a shiny moon pendant attached. (Water moon collars are light blue while fires are pale yellow.)
400g Gold collar~A heavy gold collar hewn by Hephaestus. For the real god/goddess type.

<b>Gloves/paw accessories... </b>

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
250g Dark socks~Silky black gloves without fingers, so your Stymphalian can still use their claws.
250g Light socks~Same as the dark socks, only pale blue to match your angelic collar.
400g Silver greaves~Leg armor for your Stymphalian, both males and females. These are surprisingly flexible and light, this particular pair with a menacing rusty-silver finish.
500g Golden greaves~Same as the silver greaves, only a bright and blinding gold.

<b>Others... </b>

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
150g Silver tail ring~More of a decoration than a piece of armor. A dark metal ring.
250g Golden tail ring~A pretty little gold ring to finish off your collection of gold accessories.
100g Earrings~A pair of sparkly ear cuffs to go on your Stymphalian's ear. Only in silver.

<b>Info on items: </b>

~Only full-grown Stymphalian can be equipped with items, however you may purchase items in any earlier stage and I will put them in the inventory box. Just remember to tell me if you want them equipt once your Stymphalian matures!

~Your Stymphalian will be dressed in all the accessories in their inventory at the same time. This means that you will not be able to unequip items every now and then.

~You can only own as many items as fit in your inventory box, which turns out to be around five or six.

Post any questions you may have, and I'll try my best to help you.

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

When you first get your Pyxis, when your Stymphalian evolves, or when you update items/backgrounds, the new image will be posted here. I will only leave up to ten images at a time, so whenever there are too many I will simply remove the bottom ones. If you are really getting paranoid and think you've missed your Stymphalian image and didn't get a chance to save it, you may PM me. Elsewise, you may sit and admire the Stymphalian of others.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

(And if I got anything wrong, I sincerely apologize. PM me if there's any problem.)

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Ankharis is the original creator of the Stymphalian shop. She created the linearts for the water and fire Stymphalians, the pots for them, as well as the items and overall idea. In order to move on with her life, however, Ankahris passed on the shop to another Gaian. Credit for the idea and linearts goes to Ankharis! And thus you may have noticed that the list of owners below are broken into sections depending on who is the shop leader at the time.

Owner--Stymphalian--Date of Birth--Element

Stymphalians during the Reign of Ankharis
Ankharis--Celaeno--06/11/04--Water
SerasVictoria--Hermes--06/17/04--Water
Vieve--Apollo--06/17/04--Fire
Snookie--Dromte--06/17/04--Water
Chinchillie--Tambourine--06/17/04--Fire
aelerisa--Risa--06/17/04--Water
Alera_--Mersa--06/17/04--Fire
Ballentine--Acheron--06/28/04--Water
White Demon (AKA Pirate-Bunneh)--Akira--06/29/04--Fire
Neo-Zoisy--Miyuki--07/20/04--Fire
KitsunePilot80--Azar--07/25/04--Fire
chaoticdivinity--Cirrus--07/25/04--Water
Seeno--Eau--07/25/04--Water
Ronai--Cyrus--07/27/04--Fire
Slicey--Moira--07/27/04--Fire
catrine silverwolf--Sanguin--07/27/04--Fire
QuietAmbition--Lilith--08/10/04--Water
Alex Kerrith--Nigel--08/10/04--Fire
Kit Kiana--Lanai--08/16/04--Water
Daimyn--Asfan--08/19/04--Fire
choucho--Killian--10/06/04--Water
sodashi_chan and Lady_Shinigami--Kasai--10/07/04--Fire
Archwind and Chavi--Midnight--10/17/04--Water
bran-chan--Pumpkin--10/23/04--Halloween
XBear--Ziven--10/23/04--Halloween
Archwind--Athanato--11/28/04--Fire
Furekatsu Anjiru--Amiji--11/28/04--Fire
Huroggmeten--Aislin--11/28/04--Fire
chaeval--Aleta--11/28/04--Fire
Arrikanez--Khettarl--11/28/04--Fire
Toushin and Zero Dream--Snowflake--12/20/04--Winter

Owner--Stymphalian--Date of Birth--Element

Stymphalians during the Reign of Lady Mist
Lady Mist--Shalena--01/01/05--
Foalen--Rain--01/07/05--Water
Safaia--Zrrik--01/17/05--Fire
Risth--Almenara--02/07/05--Fire
Presca--Kaelin Tristan--02/07/05--Water
Chinchillie--Carys--02/14/05--Valentine
Riftwing--Agamemnon--03/14/05--Water
Jestari--Rona--03/26/05--Earth
Khomi--Aephi--05/30/05--Fire
AoiElf--Pilin--05/30/05--Fire
Tamiko-Chan--Khilar--05/30/05--Fire
chemicalstar--Luna--10/17/05--Water
Deadre--Kydae--10/18/05--Fire
SweetAngelOokami--Ayesha--10/18/05--Fire
Kireiryuu--Alaera--10/18/05--Water
Tygerwolf--Kaisune--10/18/05--Water

Donators
Donations are not expected, but they are truly appreciated. Here are our beloved donators! heart
Tech-Nolly-Gee - 300g
psuedo_fox - Black Beatnik Sandals
Risth - Heart shaped box of sweets
Itsumi`s Angel - 500g

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Status of the giftshop:
Figurines- Open
Plushies- Open

Welcome to the Stymphalian giftshop! Here, merchandise based on these pets are sold to both Stymphalian owners and everyone else. Products purchased here are to be put in your sig, website, or wherever else.

Figurines

Rules stated concerning Stymphalians (copyright to Ankharis) and their ownership apply here as well. These lovely little figurines are created by Lady Mist, and is not to be claimed otherwise. And don't even think about stealing anything without paying--I'm keeping track!

Here we have a set of cute mini ceramic Stymphalians.

User Image

Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
Cost: 800g each, or 4,500g for the set (the full set will come as a single image). They can be bought at any time the shop is open, and if you are an owner, you may purchase one and request to have it put on your Stymphalian's cert! (please note that only one can be put on the cert)

Instructions:
1. PM your order to me.
2. Send the trade to me, titling it your order (i.e. Red, Orange, Yellow etc). Please remember to title it as well as PM me. I may take it as a donation if you don't specify X3
3. Wait for my trade confirmation and PM.
4. Upload the image onto your own server.
5. Put your new toy in your sig or website and enjoy!

User Image

Welcome to the Stymphalian plushie shop! Owners can now order plushies made to look like their Stymphalian. They are made of the softest material imaginable and stitched so that it will never tear -- perfect for your Stymphalian to play with, or simply to be displayed on a shelf or behind a glass case.

The same rules as in the gift shop apply here as well. Lineart is copyright Ankharis, coloring is copyright Daimyn or Lady Mist. Plushies can be shown off in a sig or on a website; they will not go in the Stymphalian cert.

Cost: 1500g each.
A special discount price of only 800g is rewarded to those who role play in the RP thread frequently.

Instructions:
1. Send order via PM to Lady Mist.
2. Send trade to Lady Mist.
3. LM will work on the plushie; when done, she will PM you the finished image.
4. Upload the plushie to your own server, put in sig or website and enjoy!

I will delete the plushie from the server after a few days' time, but if for some reason you haven't saved it yet, send a PM and it will be re-uploaded and sent to you again.

Sample:
User Image

5,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Hrm... The url is fairly long, so I'm not sure if I should go with direct linking. Well, for now just save it to your own server if it goes into a signature, and if not, then feel free to direct link =^^=
Link back to us:
User Image

User Image

User Image

Affiliates:
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Bump! Good luck with the new shop.

[EDIT] Wow! Lucky me! I got the first post! xd
Cool! I want one! If there is going to be a mailing list, I'd like to be on it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff