Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>User Image</center>

Announcement:Thank you, Nailuj. <3.

Post questions here and we'll try to help as best I can.

Fish struggles aren't the same. Rarer fish fight harder than common fish. If you're using good bait and getting junk, it may be because you can't 'catch' any rare fish, though you can hook them.

Upgraded screenshots are on page 9, and in that general vicinity.

Fish speeds are about halfway down the page.

Alexi_Jameson
I got a Bino Mask with 10 Buckin Binos. n_n So it takes 10 of the very rare fish to get a Mask.

Thanks Tasogare for the final Bino. n_n

User Image

Quote:

How many fish per hat?
100 for the 3 normal fish hats, and ten for the ultra rare masks.

How is my score calculated?
Your overall score consists of the added prices of all fish and junk you caught (and saved) while playing Gaia Fishing. (The price is listed for each fish in your inventory when you click on it. Sellback is 50% of this price.)
Your individual scores for Bass'ken Lake, the Port of Gambino and the Druem Reclamation Factory are comprised of only the fish you caught there, not counting the junk items.

How many fish can I hold?
There is proof that you can store well over 1000 fish of the the same type in your inventory. It's probably that this number goes up to 9999. (If you have more than that, please post here.)

Thank you, Aoyume.

How do I fish?
Buy bait and a rod from the fishing shop, and click on one of the bodies of water. Then, click on the bait you want to use.

How do I do the red line thing?
How do I catch the fish?

It's tricky. When you see the fish marker, move your mouse in the direction opposite where it's going (as if you were pulling a fishing rod that direction). That will pull the fish the way you pull it, and you just keep doing it.

Can I sell fish?

Go to the fish shop and you can sell it. You must not be fishing when you go there, or you have to end your game if you really want to get in. The shop also buys junk.

What do different rods do?
They change the shapes of the red lines.

What does different bait do?
It seems that the bait effects the frequency of more expensive fish. F-Bait will hook you mostly cheap fish bites. D-Bait will hook you more medium-priced fish. And A-Bait will have the greatest chance of you hooking a high-priced fish. Its true that you can hook any rarity of fish with any bait, but the pricier bait WILL get you rarer fish.

Thank you, Dark Lord Sigma.

How do you see your fishing stats?
Go to the fishing shop, and click the billboard. Your stats will be at the bottom of the page. However, it's not up. The overall stats are linked at the top of the second page.

What's up with the fishing hat rumour?
The rumour is that if you catch 100 fish, you get a fishing hat. I don't know if this is true. However, the fish exchange seems to be something where you can trade your caught fish for items. Keep an eye out for that. It's a fact that there's fishing hats, and it's probably from the exchange, but that's not yet proven and won't be until the exchange is up.

What does moving do?
It changes the background, but I haven't noticed anything else about it. However, I've heard that it does help, and it doesn't hurt to try it. Actually, you know what? It does change things, seeing as I got 6 junk in a row once.

You don't have all the fish colors up there!
So? There's two colors per fish, but they sell for the same price. Therefore, I'm only showing one picture. The shape's the same.

Does how far the meter is before you hook a fish matter?
Apparently not.

Gaia ate my bait! What do I do?
If the window's still open, try hitting F5 to refresh the window.

OMG! Angelic Rod!
Angelic Rod and Angelic Rod Plus are real items, and that is a confirmed fact. Nothing else is. No one knows how to get them, yet, but some people think it may be from the exchange.

Quote:

Rods and Bait:

Basic Fishing Rod: 100g
Upgrade Cost: 10,000g
Two vertical lines are the red lines.

Strength Rod: 1850g
Upgrade Cost: 11,075g
Two vertical lines that split away from each other in a gradual curve near the bottom are the red lines.

Performance Rod: 2475g
Upgrade Cost: 12,500g
U-Shaped from the left and the right, the lines are closest in the middle, very far at top, and slightly more open at the bottom.

Distance Rod: 3500g
Upgrade Cost: 13,050g
Similar to the Strength Rod, only upside-down.

Grade F: 25g

Grade D: 100g

Grade A: 250g

Quote:
Price list:

Now with images.
Note: There are different colors, but they don't change the price, so I am putting them as only one entry.

These are sellback values.

Durem Reclamation Facility:
Biter: 16g each User Image User Image
Pebbo Feeder: 11g each User ImageUser Image
Bolder: 21g each User Image User Image
Lion (Yes, these are lionfish) (Diamondback can only be caught during the day): 1500g User Image User Image User Image

Bass'ken Lake:
Guppy: 3g each User Image User Image
Bass: 8g each User Image User Image
Striper: 13g each User Image User Image
User Image Big Mouth Bass'terd Sellback: 1000
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Mutha Gubba Sellback: 1000
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Candy Striper Sellback: 1000

Port of Gambino:
Seedkin: 7g each User Image User Image
Cool Rainbow Trout: 12g each User Image
Warm Rainbow Trout: 12g each User Image
Icy Tuna: User Image
Spicy Tuna: 17g eachUser Image
Tootin Tino (and two others that rhyme): 1250g User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Junk:
Old Can: 1g each User Image
Old Boot: 2g each User Image
Tire: 3g each User Image

Oh, and if you want to feed my pets, they're at the bottom of this page! =P

Want a picture of the fishies you've caught? Click below.
User Image
You can view the overall stats (top fishers) here.

IF YOU GET A LOADING ERROR AFTER CHOOSING YOUR BAIT, PRESS F5 TO RELOAD THE WINDOW. DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOW OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BAIT.

Strength+ pole is the best.

Here's basically how the fish move.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here are your borderlines with a basic pole.

When we tilt the field back, the lines become parallel, but it seems like the fish move faster near the shore.

The Strength rod has more space near the shoreline, making it the best rod for reeling in the currently available fish.

Some possible advice for catching the Emeraldback Lion
1: Fish at Durem
2: Fish at night
3: Fish between the 10 and 11 o'clock positions.
4: Try using bait-A

I caught two of them that way. If spots really have anything to do with catches, I circled where I got my best fish, the upper left area being where I caught the Emeraldbacks.

...and here's a shot of one of the two I caught, both were caught at night, with bait-A, in that spot.
Is that all the fish that we can catch then?
Do you have pictures of the fishies?
Cora~Panther & SSEdo27
Durem Reclamation Facility Fish Speeds:

*Pebbos
The white and brown pebbos are similar but the white is faster and sometimes starts with a zig zag similar to the stone boldurs. The brown pebbos are zippy but not zipier than the white. Pebbos have a snappier comeback than junk but it's not always easy to tell.

Black Rocque Bitter: 3 seconds, slow but travels far out of the red lines.

BlueStone Bitters: 3 seconds, drift along the red line.
*I would like to confirm that the bluestone biters and its kin have a DEAD weight. They're VERY slow on turn but they indeed drift well out of the red line range. It is noticeably heavy and it's worth your investment to concentrate if you feel like you're pulling in a dead cow.

Sand Boldur: 1-2 seconds, fast zig-zags across the water between the boundaries. Splashes a hefty amount of times (5-10x)

*The Stone Boldurs have a fast zig zag.
I've confirmed this three times. You literally say zig one zag one and that's how fast they turn. It's less than a second (one hundred...) and while they stay somewhat within the lines you should still be ready. They sometimes start with a fast zigzag if you let the pole have some slack in the beginning (meaning you're not pulling one way or the other).

*Junk
If you don't move the pole first you hook it won't zig zag like a living fish but may drift. Junk and pebbos are easily confused for me but junk has a slow drift after a pull. It's not exaggeratedly slow like the biters, but it's slow enough to differentiate from living animals. If you don't move the pole first you hook it won't zig zag like a living fish but may drift. It CAN drift fast, as evident by a reckless tin can once. However after a pull you may notice it dead drifting. Anyways I will update the junk after I find a good way to confirm it is.

Cora~Panther: Also I once used which direction it started off as a guide but it's not failproof. Sometimes they start on any side.

Hope this helps!

SSEdo27: You can guess who wrote who now 3nodding

SSEdo27
Port of Gambino Fish Speeds:

Green Seedkins - 2 seconds, slow and travels out of the red lines and slows down before it come out.
Blue Seedkins - 1.5 seconds, fast and travels out of the red lines.
Warm Rainbow Trout - 1 second, fast and travels quickly between the red lines.
(Just Caught XP) Cool Rainbow Trout - 1.5 - 2 seconds, slow but travels far out of the red lines.

Someone help me wit this list of gambino's fishes please.

I think I'll continue to update this seeing as it could become useful, thanks Cora~Panther now I'll be able to distinguish between ALOT more.

* = Cora~Panther's info
Raijin Z
So if you catch a full bucket of nothing but trout, using an A bait, you won't even make back the cost of the bait? O_o

I'll bet that later if you get a lot of fish you will be able to trade them for an item that's worth more than the bait. whee
BurrowedLurker
Bork
Is that all the fish that we can catch then?

Nope. Just the ones I've personally caught.

Raijin:

Yeah, that's what it looks like. My theory is that it'll give you more 'points' for the Top Fishers thing, but I'm not sure yet.

Ok, thanks! biggrin
Pictures, yes. Lemme put them in.
Is fishing profiable at all?
Labtech 1337
Is fishing profiable at all?
Not so far. When implemented the "exchange fish" option may change that.
BurrowedLurker
Post questions here and I'll try to help as best I can.

Quote:
Price list:

Durem Reclamation Facility:
Rocque Biter: 16g each
Pebbo Feeder: 11g each

Bass'ken Lake:
Guppy: 3g each

Port of Gambino:
Seedkin: 7g each
Cool Rainbow Trout: 12g each

Junk:
Old Can: 1g each
Old Boot: 2g each

At Bass'ken Lake you can catch yellow guppies too. I'm not sure what the price is of the that fish since gaia didn't seem to have recorded my fish crying
And you can sell them to the store for gold right? whee
Yes, the fishing store buys fish from you.
There are different colors as well, I only know the orange/yellow guppy and the green/blue seedkin
My board, my rules. =P Everyone take care of my pets!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff