Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Bit

Since yesterday, a lot of users have been seeing the event bubble without the actual event or the link at the bottom.

People, please stop saying it is a fake event. There is a way to retrieve it. xp

Look up the source code of the page.
View > Source
Then search for the word "event", your number should be right after it.
Copy that number (without the # sybmol at the start) and paste it into your browser like this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/index.php?event=youreventnumberhere

There are reports as well that between your first and your second chance, when you go to the home page, you can see your event number near your avatar, and you can copy it from there.

If nothing comes up when you try to view your source you may want to try temporarily switching off the pop-up blocker.
If it still won't work or if you don't have a pop-up blocker in the first place, you should try clearing your cache. ^^ (How to clear your browser cache - taken from Dri's Sticky)

Sorry about making a new topic but it's horrible that people are still answering this wrong. >.<

Very many thanks to Dri for putting a reference to this into the Current Problems sticky. heart
Now I can go to bed, if I have to. ninja

Update:

By now a LOT of people said that they were able to retrieve their pink links even without the number, by simply putting in http://www.gaiaonline.com/index.php?event=youreventnumberhere or http://www.gaiaonline.com/index.php?event=
No guarantee on this method, but it is something you might want to try if all else fails. You can simply click on one of these links here.

Moonside
The other things I do, as noted in the other thread about this, are choosing to "work offline" in Internet Explorer, and searching my browser's history for "event" in case I lost the page. I usually right-click on any event and open it in a new window too, so I don't lose the original page.

The DAO Glitch:
Quote:
the class DAO_gala_win_latest is not a valid data access object in the library

NEWSFLASH:
Apparently the DAO glitch is in fact a real event.
When it happened few weeks (?) ago it may not have been but NOW it is happening again and several users have been able to retrieve their event even from that glitch.

Several users reported being able to retrieve their event number (and event) from the DAO glitch, by viewing the source as described above.
Alternatively you may try going directly to the home page, where the event number is supposed to show up, unless that was already your second chance.

Also generally recommended with events is that you always open them into a new window, or, if you try to catch them at the home page, that you open it from your event page into a new window.

Kawaii Sweetheart

Thank you for posting this. It's very helpful. 3nodding Even though I can't retrieve my lost event now, I appreciate that I now know what to do if the same situation occurs again. Thank you.

No Bit

Oceon Ezriah
Thank you for posting this. It's very helpful. 3nodding Even though I can't retrieve my lost event now, I appreciate that I now know what to do if the same situation occurs again. Thank you.

I'm sorry it is too late for you. >.<
I've been running around here answering threads since it started. I think someone should include it in the current problems or just sticky it until it's over. -_-
That has got to be weird seeing a bubble but no event Thanks for making it poeple don't want to loose there events! eek

No Bit

JadeDragonSoul
That has got to be weird seeing a bubble but no event Thanks for making it poeple don't want to loose there events! eek

Yup. I had one of those too and I am ever so grateful to the one who brought the source code trick up. 3nodding

Dapper Member

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I received the ghost event and tried to view source. Unfortuntely nothing happened. I forgot to turn off the pop-up blocker. gonk Even got my second event too! How horrible. I just relized now why it never came up too.

No Bit

Vaelen
I received the ghost event and tried to view source. Unfortuntely nothing happened. I forgot to turn off the pop-up blocker. gonk Even got my second event too! How horrible. I just relized now why it never came up too.

>.< Gah, that is bad. sad

But thanks for pointing out the pop-up blocker as a possible issue when trying to view the source.
*will add it to the first post*

No Bit

*tentatively posts although the topic has not left the first page yet* I know bumping here is bad but I think this has a better chance of being seen by the afflicted if it is in the top half of the page. sweatdrop Please don't kill me.
You know, I tried going to the index page, loging out and logging back in, since events are generated on the index page.

No Bit

liquidi3ladz
You know, I tried going to the index page, loging out and logging back in, since events are generated on the index page.

Well, I would not log out while I have an event. Because you can also get them while you are logged out but you can't retrieve them that way, so you would lose your second chance if it popped up then. ^^; Just going to the index page should bring it up as well, though I am not certain on this.
And events are not "generated" there, it's just that the number is noted down underneath the avatar when they DO happen there, so it's easier to copy. ^_^
Thanks for making this thread aoyume.

Someone mentioned the "source method" earlier but I had no idea what they meant, until now ^_^
Everyone cheer for aoyume! biggrin

I did get my event... But it held Android Prothetics. crying

No Bit

sweatdrop I am not the one who though the source thingy up. I just hate to see people losing events. >.<

What is wrong with Android Prosthetics? heart I love mine, even though I never thought I would before I found them. whee
;-; I clear my cache/cookies every night, so I can't get mine now ;---;

No Bit

Totsuya
;-; I clear my cache/cookies every night, so I can't get mine now ;---;

>.> You can't? But clearing them is good. @.@ It should not make things harder for you. Did you try the other things?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff