Welcome to Gaia! ::

I apologize for the many delays, but now, the results are in! smile Check the 2nd post for the winners!

<center>--------~*~----------</center>

Go and vote for your favorites!

Art Contest Voting

Coloring Contest Voting

<center>*NOTE* This is NOT the actual thread for Durr... Pets! If you'd like to buy Durr... Pets!, then go to the actual shop here ---> User Image </center>

<center>** I AM NOT ACCEPTING NEW ENTREES!**
FINAL COUNT FOR CONTESTS:
exclaim Coloring Contest exclaim @ 9 Contestants@
exclaim Art Contest exclaim @5 Contestants@</center>

Hello! My name is TakiNeko, and I'm the owner, creator and artist of the mini shop Durr... Pets! ^_^ This thread is a Durr... Pets! contest thread! I really hope this is okay, because I checked the guidelines and I saw nothing that said I couldn't. sweatdrop Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

TakiNeko's Status
I'm offline!

UPDATES!

8/12/04~Okay, this is the last time, but I once again extended the deadline! Not everyone turned in their entrees and some people had notified me that they might not make it, so I'm extending it until August 20th! Next Friday! Prizes are more!
8/5/04~It's Thursday morning (1:22am about), so it's about an hour and a half past the deadline to enter. NO MORE ENTREES WILL BE TAKEN! You'll have to wait until the next contest, sorry! sweatdrop FINAL COUNT IS 9 people in the COLORING CONTEST, 5 people in the ART CONTEST!
8/4/04~Okay, no one really advertised as far as my knowledge goes, so I'm taking away that offer (since today is the last day anyways), and I'm going to put that gold into something else. Um... gotta figure it out. ^^
8/3/04~With the help of my friend's animating program, I made the booby prize! It's an animated icy blue foxy (not the same blue as the one in my shop) that waves it's arms about and says "OMG! Uber!!" I'll put the sample somewhere...
7/26/04~Pushed back the deadline dates. Now the entrance fee due date is due August 4th and the Art entrees are due August 11th!
7/21/04~I hope this is okay. I have to go really soon. I'll hopefully be back tonight though. ^^.... after voice lessons now. I edited the deadline date so that all entrance fees must be paid by the 28th, and then I'll allow another week for submissions to be turned in. Did plenty of tweaking, so read again if you already read this info. Now drawing your own submission is allowed.

8/23/04~After long and hard work from all participants and myself, the art has been entered and the two voting threads are up! ^_^ Links at the top of this page.

FAQ:
All of your answers can be answered in the following! *hopefully*

Why'd you start this art contest?
Well, it's my boyfriend, Selo's birthday on July 28th (a week from now), and I wanted to sort of host some sort of event in honor of him. heart So I thought about hosting a Durr... Pets! art contest! Along the planning stages, I ended up adding on to my original purpose. I also wanted to advertise my shop a bit along with seeing what other artists could come up with.

How will this work?
Basically you post here that you'd like to participate in this contest. Also specify which contest you're trying for along with any other details I would need to know. Then you start the trade to me, TakiNeko with the correct entree fee, and some refference to the CONTEST in the trade heading.

I will send you the B&W outline as soon as the trade is completed and as soon as I can send it to you. I will try my best to check up on this, and I'll even be getting my friends to confirm trades and send templates for me if I have to, hehe. blaugh
That's it. Once you complete the trade (and get the outline if you decide to use it) then you can start coloring/drawing!

There will be the coloring contest (you receive the line art and color it), and an art contest (you draw and color your own version of a Durr... Pet!). Thus, there will be two 1st place winners.

The way that voting will work is I will set up a poll after all entrees are in. I will let the poll run for a couple of days to a week. Popular vote will decide the winner for each contest. I'll most likely make two sub threads for polling purposes. For my personal favorite (only if it isn't the one that won the popular vote), there will be a prize given (undecided yet). smile

How much is the entrance fee?

Coloring contest-250g
Guidelines- You must color all three Durr... Pets! (Kitty, Bunny, and Foxy).
<center>Here is a sample of the outlines:
User Image</center>

Art contest-200g
Guidelines- You must draw and color (optional to color if doing Art contest) one Kitty, one Bunny, and one Foxy. If you want to draw them seperately, or as a group interacting, it's up to you, but don't take the focus off the Durr... Pets! too much. Less scenery and bg, more pets please. Try to keep the Durr... Pets! the same size as the ones in the above sample. If you want to do pixel art, then it's okay for them to be smaller. If there are enough pixel art entrees, I may make another division for those.

Once you pay your entrance fee, you must enter all 3 pets. No single pet entrees or multiple pet entrees (no having 3 bunnys or two foxys and a kitty. It must be a Kitty, a Bunny and a Foxy).

Can I see some of those Durr... Pets! for refference?
Sure. Just go check out my minishop. There's samples available there. smile

I bought the outline. Any restrictions on how I color them?
You can color them with any design or color you like. I'll allow a few add ons (clothing, wings, etc.), but not too much please as I want them to look still resemble Durr... Pets! You can color it the same way that I color mines if you like.

I'm making my own Durr... Pets!. Any restrictions on how I draw them?
Not really, except the size of each pet cannot be larger than the ones in the sample I provided above. Like I said earlier, if they're pixels, most likely they'll be smaller. If you want to, you can draw them really small, but consider that people will be voting for you and may not be able to see it very well.

What about adding on accessories/clothing/wings/etc. to the lineart/my drawing?
I'll allow a few add ons, but not too much please as I want them to still resemble Durr... Pets! Try not to make avatar Durr... Pets! as your entry please. Be creative with this if you can.

Rules on lineart usage and original Durr... Pets! drawings usage:

Coloring contest: After the contest, you are no longer allowed to use the templates to make your own Durr... Pets! You are not allowed to sell the ones you created for the contest either. The only selling involving the lineart will be for my shops future use, and fo the winner's entrees. I will sell the winner's entrees in my minishop as a limited (more information in under "Prizes" wink .
Art contest: If you made your own Durr... Pets! art for this contest only the ones you submitted into the contest will I allow you to sell yourself if you want to, as long as you mention my name (TakiNeko) and include that I was the original creator of the Durr... Pets! idea and such and such.

When is the Deadline to enter and turn in money? Deadline to turn in art?
Entrance fee trades must be completed by August 4th, 11:59pm Hawaii time. All colored lineart and original drawings must be PM-ed to me by August 11th, 11:59pm Hawaii time.

I'm not really good with time myself (I hate time zones), so I will allow a couple of hours of leeway. If this contest doesn't fly too well, I may extend the deadline to some later date. You can enter on the deadline, but if you don't get it done then you receive no refund. xp

Who can participate?
Since I'll be giving out my B&W outlines, I do fear art theft. So anyone can ask, but be warned, I will check do a sort of bg check on your profile. I may decline to your request to participate if:
1.) You are on my black list, or currently on my grey list.
2.) You seem to be a newly started or hardly used account (sorry, but I can't trust new accounts, even if you are perfectly harmless with good intentions)
3.) You are rude to me or anyone in this thread or my minishop thread.
4.) There may be other reasons that I haven't thought of, but I'll post them as I feel there is a reason.

Can't draw, can't color? I won't discriminate against the talent of an artist. You need not show any proof of artistic capabilities.

Prizes:
There are two contests: the coloring contest involving the lineart I provide, and the original art contest, where you draw your own Durr... Pets!
1st Prize: I will sell the 1st place winner's entree in my minishop as a limited. 75% of the profit will go to the winner. 25% will go to me. I will sell the limited for at least 100g, and I will allow at least 20 limiteds to be available.
2nd Prize: 1k!
3rd Prize: 500g!
TakiNeko's Favorite: If the entree I like best isn't the 1st place winner, then the person who made that entree will receive a special prize from me (not decided yet). It will be either gold or a free custom by me. I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll give a choice. ^^ Depends on how much time I have on hand. In the event that my favorite does win 1st place, then I will be giving this prize to my second favorite.
Booby prize:All participants who didn't win receive advertisment for their art (I'll be displaying their Durr... Pets! handy work in this thread, along with links to their minishops.) They also receive this specialy drawn, colored, and animated Durr... Foxy! (Do NOT sell the animated Durr... Foxy! It is not allowed.

I'm currently considering selling the winner's entree for the art contest like an auction instead. Must see if it is okay with contestants first.

Also, currently considering selling the coloring contest's entrees along with the winner's one, except I'll just be giving the winner extra gold or something. ^^ Gotta check on this one too.
<center>** I AM NOT ACCEPTING NEW ENTREES!**
FINAL COUNT FOR CONTESTS:
exclaim Coloring Contest exclaim @ 9 Contestants@
exclaim Art Contest exclaim @5 Contestants@</center>

Final List of Participants:
@=turned in entree
::Coloring contest::
1.) chopstixluver ~ @
2.) Sketchy_Chik ~ (Can't make deadline date... will change if I am pmed)
3.) Alatariel Anwarunya ~ @
4.) wafflechan ~ (unsure)
5.) absenceofcolour ~ (Probably won't make the deadline)
6.) Drowe ~ (unsure)
7.) Nicole_506 ~ @
8.) Pixel Sage ~ @
9.) Talisa_Ahn ~ @

::Art contest::
1.) shinku yoake ~ @
2.) yumi aiko ~ @
3.) Darkend Light ~ @
4.) Talisa_Ahn ~ @
5.) Tekkoa ~ @
WINNERS!!

Art Contest
1st place prize: Talisa Ahn
2nd place: yumi aiko
3rd place: Darkend Light
TakiNeko's Favorite: Tekkoa*

Coloring Contest
1st place prize: Pixel Sage
2nd place: Alatariel Anwarunya
3rd place: chopstixluver
TakiNeko's Favorite: Alatariel Anwarunya

*Talisa Ahn's was my first choice, but as she won first place, Tekkoa (my second favorite) gets the prize*

The prizes are currently being discussed as I wanted to change somethings. I'll discuss them once it is decided.
Bump! I doubt this contest will soar, but here's hoping! ^^;;
Oh, and any confusion on how to do this, just post your questions or concerns, and I'll try my best to fix them or help you. smile I have to go to voice lessons now, but I'll be back later one. ^^
I'm back for a bit. I changed some rules and such. I hope everything is in order now. smile
Ooh! Good luck! ^.^
Ooh! Good luck! ^.^
Last bump for tonight (morning actually). Don't think I'll be here tomorrow really, though I may check up on it if I can! smile heart
ooooh! i wanna do this 3nodding
go ahead and check my profy or whatever you need^^
i'll send the trade when you say so wink heart
i want to join the coloring contest, but how many can i enter?
あら~ 楽しそうよ、ねこちゃん!^^ 私もやりたいけど...無理だよね~ crying ;  

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces