Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>User Image

Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars...
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars...

Fly Me To The Moon: A Charity

First Post: Charity Information
Part 1: About, Staff, and Funds
Part 2: Rules
Part 3: Donations, Donatees and Blacklist
Part 4: Linklist

Second Post: Charity Essays
Part 1: About Questing
Part 2: About Charities
Part 3: About the Gaian Economy
Part 4: Misc. Essays

Third Post: Charity Banners
Part 1: Official Banners
Part 2: Gift Banners
Part 3: Buttons

ANNOUNCEMENT (temp): VISIT THE TWELFTH NIGHT CHARITY BALL! Fly Me To The Moon Charity is among those that will recieve proceeds from the ball!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

First Post: Charity Information

Part 1: About, Staff, and Funds
Whisperling is: ONLINE.

Fly Me To The Moon is a charity I've made as a thank you to every Gaian. I've quested 3 times before (Sapphire Forehead Jewel and Were Tail), and had wonderful Gaians help me two of the times. My jewel was donated to me, and my tail sold to me for 2.5K less than I expected. Multiple charities helped me reach my goals, so I've decided to create my own.

Currently, the only staff member is me (Whisperling). Who am I? I joined Gaia in May 2004, my favorite forums are ED and Q&F, and I like the song "Fly Me To The Moon." You can call me Whisper if you want.

Please note that all funds have been donated or are my own. Complaining that I'm spending some of my own gold (if I ever do) will get you blacklisted. I do not spend donations.

CURRENT FUNDS: 1g goes a very short way when you have a waiting list of nine people.

Part 2: Rules

What to do if you want a place on the blacklist or a warning:

-Spam (this includes long bumps that I have to scroll through and thread advertisements)
-Anything violating Gaia's TOS and Charity subforum's rules
-PM any staff member asking for a donation (first time you will recieve a polite warning, second time you will be blacklisted); however, Whisperling loves to chat! Send any questions, comments or random babbling to me
-Complain about me spending my own gold, not donations
-Complain about the amount of gold you recieved
-Flame or otherwise annoy others

Please avoid swearing a lot. I'll warn you if it's edging on too much, as I understand a lot of people swear without meaning to offend others, but I'd like to avoid it. Minor swears, swears in humor or letters in shorthand terms representing swearwords are usually all right. This will be handled case-by-case, so don't bother someone for swearing- I'll do it if I think it needs to be done.

Also, while this will not get you warned or blacklisted (unless you do it a lot), DO NOT ask for any items I am wearing/have. If I haven't added them to the list of funds, they aren't available. Thank you.

How to get a donation:

-Spell correctly. A couple spelling errors are fine, but I need to be able to read it
-Refrain from using more than 5 emoticons in one post, using chatspeak, or using 1337
-Get to know me! You don't have to do this, but come on, I don't bite!
-Write a post following the guidelines and forms in Part 3
-Have your own quest page. This is not nessecary, but you'll probably get a larger donation if you do! It helps me be sure you aren't trying to scam me
-Post your form only once

Part 3: Donations, Donatees and Blacklist

Donations
Donations Policy: All donations, big or small, gold or items or art, are appreciated. Send them to Whisperling and they will be listed in this post (unless you PM and request that you remain anonymous). Thank you very much for donating! POLICY CHANGE- Since I believe in keeping this charity person-to-person, from now on I'll be PMing individual thank-yous to all donators (or posting them, depending on the circumstances). Your help is really appreciated, and I want to make sure that's clear!

THANK-YOU LIST:

AerisG donated many bumps and the Blacklist Beasty!

LucasDragonfire donated 100g!

Kouriko donated 1750g!

cow_luvr donated a Chicky Hat!

Suuky donated 300g, a Trap Jaw and an awesome banner!

JuneBug donated a White Shirt and a Dried Grass Skirt!

- glitter kwitty - donated 80g!

Mystrunner donated 10,000g!

So far, 12,230g, 4 items, and 1 image have been donated. 12,230g and 4 items of those recieved have been given out.

Donatees
Getting a Donation: Use proper spelling and grammar as much as possible, please. IF YOU ARE NEW TO GAIA AND NEED GOLD: Please state this. IF YOU ARE QUESTING: Please state this and link to your quest. IF YOU ARE A CHARITY/OTHER GROUP: Again, please state this and link to your thread. IF YOU ARE A GUILD: If you are asking for gold for a Guild activity, use the Charity/Other Group Form; if you're asking for gold to start a Guild, use the Guild Form. Forms follow. Filling in the forms is not nessecary, but please write a post with similar information. PLEASE, POST YOUR FORM ONLY ONCE!

Now you can also get a banner or wishlist made for you! Check out the Banner Form below.

Newbie Form
When did you Join? (checked to profile)
How much do you need, total? (not how much you want to recieve from Fly Me To The Moon)
How much do you have currently?
Why do you need the gold? (write N/A if you just need gold, with no particular purchases in mind)
Anything else?

Quest Form
What are you questing for?
How much do you need, total? (see newbie form)
How much do you have currently?
How long have you been questing?
Are you questing for yourself, or someone else, or is this a link to someone else's quest?
Quest link:
Have you ever donated to someone/some charity?
Anything else?

Charity/Group Form
What is your charity/group name?
Charity/Group Link:
How old is the Charity/Group?
Current funds?
Is there anything in particular you are gathering the gold for?
Would you like be linked here, and link to us?
Do you lead/own the Charity/Group?
If not, who does?
Anything else?

Guild Form
What is your Guild's name? If you have a banner, please include it:
Do you have a thread? If so, please link:
How long have you been saving for this Guild?
Current funds?
Describe your Guild. Does it fit Gaia's TOS?
Would you like be linked here, and link to us?
Do you lead/own the Guild? If not, who does?
Who's helping out financially? Please list usernames:
Anything else?

Banner Form
INFORMATION: I'll do these when I can, but it may take time. These are free, but tips are appreciated. All tips will go towards the charity unless you specify otherwise. There's a 500g monthly fee if you want to keep images on my site because I use a lot of bandwidth already, but I want to make these banners available to everyone. If you upload the banner to your own site, there is no fee.

Quest/Newbie/Charity/Guild/Other (please specify):
Wishlist or a banner:
Preferable size?
Preferable color?
Humor or straight-up information?
Image will link to (write N/A if you dont' want the image to be a link):
Information (Include at least- Wishlist: items; Banner: general information):
Can you host this image on your own site? If you can't, it will cost 500g a month to keep it on mine (otherwise it's free):
Anything else?

DONATEES LIST - OUT OF DATE by 10K+ (amounts vary with my current funds, current length of the quest and how much gold the applicant needs):

AerisG - 250g

Searlait DiAndrette - 250g

Moonlight Silver - 250g

Rose Sauvage - 250g

metamorphasis - 250g

sweet_dancer5 - 250g

Kouriko - 250g

Kalistal - 250g

Liethereal - 350g

SylentStryker - 500g

rockmysocks - 500g

Essence Sage - 500g

inuyasharockzs - 500g

bunnyluver - 250g

snow_song_princess - 250g

Cat_Burglar - 250g

SariManion - 250g

lillbityprety1 - 250g

Autumn_Fury - Angelic Collar

IrisIrine - Black Goth Boots and Quest of the Week

pinkbabie1026 - 220g

II Plushie II - 220g

Crovax - Chicky Hat and 250g

Madame Malkav – 500g

Spaztic_Fish – 250g

XxLastwinter_NightxX – 300g

xCocoPuffedx – 300g

JuneBug - Trap Jaw and Banner

CrimsonTenshi - 500g and White Olympic T-Shirt

Kryssie222 - White Olympic T-Shirt

Arainami Scythewind - 200g

foxen_girl - 200g

Segolene - 210g and Banner

Spike of the Shinobi - 600g and Quest of the Week

animeluver711 - 200g

Aiko_Destiny - 400g

Lady_Hitokiri - Flower Crown

melion McKat - 100g

hapkido - Fitted White shorts- grey trim

Jinjiko Shidon - Wooden Sandals

Moonlight Man - White Olympic T-Shirt and 150g

Chil - 100g

Cellus Blood - 170g

Remodez - Banner

Sudenosuke - 1000g

Naked No More Charity - 500g

starlet_bliss - 500g

Shiankra - Felicia's Gloves, Red Goth Boots

Hino-Kaga - 200g

Stuntedfreak - 200g

firo3 - 200g

Ansata Myst - 500g

Thirsty Jellybean - 1000g

himetheprincess - 500g

Random Gifts For Random People Charity - 500g

Bitter_Sweet11820 - 220g

Elve_Firestone - 300g

Sanzo-chan - 500g

fira33 - 200g

Kiara_shadow_girl - 300g

daveyhavoc - 300g

Rocx - 300g

Diz-chan - 500g

ElberethArcamen - 300g

lylstarryazngurl - 500g

diav - 300g

Seeta - 250g

black_winged_angel_hime - 250g

Kaji01 - 250g

crystaladept - 100g

Diaca - 100g

Kai Takahashi - 100g

So far, 9060g and 8 items have come out of my personal funds. A total of 20,140g, 12 items and 3 banners have been donated.

Blacklist:
User Image

None yet. Let's keep it that way, for the sake of the Blacklist Beasty.

Part 4: Linklist

NEW: Please click the image link below each week and bump the current Quest of the Week! Each Saturday/Sunday, a new quest will be here.

User Image

User Image

Proud to be a part of...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</center>
<center>Second Post: Charity Essays

This is a section for essays and other writing relating to charities, quests, begging, the Gaian Economy, and other Charity/Quests subforum-related topics. Here will be links to the posts with the essays in them and short descriptions/quotes.

TO SUBMIT AN ESSAY:

Just post it here or PM it to me, Whisperling (if you want to put it up anonymously, PM it to me and tell me so). Please... no insults or swearing. Also, please do not use people's actual usernames unless you're writing something good about them. Example...

Quote:
It's an increasing problem- too many people advertise their quests in other people's threads. For example, I was browsing Charity/Quests Subforum yesterday, and I found a very well-designed thread. I was scrolling through the replies when I saw that another user had posted an advertisement... not posting a bump ad, not mentioning it in passing, but posting a complete advertisement.

If you include an actual username in a case like that, I'll replace it with Mary-George.

Here is a case where you can include a username:

Quote:
In my opinion, the epitome of Gaian charities is Whatever Charity. Run by So-and-so, a Gaian who's been donating for over a year (and donated my Coon Tail to me!), it makes so many people's Gaian dreams come true. So-and-so's name and his charity's name are posted with permission.

Please, before posting an essay with a link to someone's thread or someone's username, ask them if it's alright. Thank you, and on to the essays!

---

Part 1: About Questing

Essays about questing in and of itself, particular quests, things that happen in quest threads, quested-for items, etc.

A word to questers and all alike that are willing to give up - by Zatch

Quote:
I was almost ready to liquidate all my items to gold and give it away . . . Out of almost 1 year of questing for it I have now gotten it.

---

Part 2: About Charities

Essays about charities in general, particular charities, frequent donators, charity owners or staff, comparison of different charity policies, etc.

One Pending- Whisperling.

---

Part 3: About the Gaian Economy

Essays about new items, new quests, the Gaian economy in general, etc. Essays about the impact of prices (store prices, sellback, the Marketplace, the Price Guides and the Exchange Forum) on quests belong here.

None yet.

---

Part 4: Misc. Essays

Essays about individual Charity/Quests Subforum people, begging, and any other topics that don't fit anywhere else. Essays about the amount of mods and the subforum rules belong here.

One Pending- Whisperling.
</center>
<center>Third Post: Charity Banners

Please, PLEASE save these to your own server. The URLs of the images (shortened by www.tinyURL.com) are supplied in case you can't, but I'm using plenty of bandwidth as it is! Thank you.

Note: Banners may be added/removed at anytime. Currently, I'm working on an animated banner.

Part 1: Official Banners

This is the current main banner for Fly Me To The Moon Charity. For now, it is the one used at the top of the first post, in my signature (usually), in my charity PMs and my charity posts outside of this thread.

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/4w6pl][img]http://tinyurl.com/3hq37[/img][/URL]

This is a post-Olympics Gambino banner, for those of you who're still in the Olympics mood or who want a bit of humor.

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/4w6pl][img]http://tinyurl.com/3tr36[/img][/URL]

Part 2: Gift Banners

This is a beautiful gift banner from Suuky that you can use, and it may be used in the place of the main banner sometime. Thanks so much, Suuky!

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/4w6pl][img]http://tinyurl.com/6rfkw[/img][/URL]

Part 3: Buttons

For those of you who want to advertise but have no room for a large image, here's a button.

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/4w6pl][img]http://tinyurl.com/5txhh[/img][/URL]

Thanks for linking to Fly Me To The Moon Charity!</center>
bump Ill ask for a donation later on when you get more funds, until then Ill bump a lot also check this out: User Image biggrin
Bump! Thanks AerisG! ^_^
Whisperling
Bump! Thanks AerisG! ^_^

bump your welcome ^_^ the dinosaur could be used to fend off meanies heh anyways your charity will be a good hit.
AerisG
Whisperling
Bump! Thanks AerisG! ^_^

bump your welcome ^_^ the dinosaur could be used to fend off meanies heh anyways your charity will be a good hit.

Thanks again. I'll add the dinosaur to the Blacklist. twisted
Whisperling
AerisG
Whisperling
Bump! Thanks AerisG! ^_^

your welcome yet again and alrighty thats a good idea for the blacklist
AerisG
Whisperling
AerisG
Whisperling
Bump! Thanks AerisG! ^_^

Blacklist Beasty! 4laugh
Whisperling
AerisG
Whisperling
AerisG
Whisperling
Bump! Thanks AerisG! ^_^

Blacklist Beasty! 4laugh

and its the best blacklist beasty too! xd well Im going to eat so Ill be back later to check up on things and bump some more so bbl see ya.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff