Welcome to Gaia! ::

LAMB OF GOD

This thread has been mod approved and was made in hopes of clearing up all of the fanboyish threads, and also to keep the metal forum running smoothly.

DISCOGRAPHY

2000: New American Gospel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2003: As the Palaces Burn

2004: Ashes of the Wake

2006: Sacrament

LINEUP

Randy Blythe: Vocals

Mark Morton: Guitar

Willie Adler: Guitar

John Campbell: Bass

Chris Adler: Drums

This is the OFFICIAL place to discuss Lamb of God. Please do not flame or spam, this is NOT a place to discriminate.
Woohoo, finally an official thread smile .

I enjoy their first three albums, and half of Sacrament. As The Palaces Burn is definatly my favorite of their albums though, it has far less of a "core" influence imo.
Mirror Of Madness

I enjoy their first three albums, and half of Sacrament. As The Palaces Burn is definatly my favorite of their albums though, it has far less of a "core" influence imo.

I agree, minus liking half of Sacrament. The only song I enjoy from it is Beating On Death's Door.

Yeah, I felt the need to make this thread because all of the other ones were pissing me off to no end. Seriously.
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness

I agree, minus liking half of Sacrament. The only song I enjoy from it is Beating On Death's Door.

Yeah, I felt the need to make this thread because all of the other ones were pissing me off to no end. Seriously.

Beating On Death's Door is a great album closer, and is the standout track on the album itself. The drumming is godly in the track as well. What are your favorite songs from other releases LoG made?

And yeah, the other threads were simply pages of flamming versus other "regulars" and between people who enjoy the band. neutral
I remember liking their Burn The Priest material way back when. It's been aaaaages since I've last listened.
Mirror Of Madness
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness

Beating On Death's Door is a great album closer, and is the standout track on the album itself. The drumming is godly in the track as well. What are your favorite songs from other releases LoG made?

And yeah, the other threads were simply pages of flamming versus other "regulars" and between people who enjoy the band. neutral

I'll be blunt and say As the Palaces Burn is my favorite album as well. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to Ruin right now. Basically, I adore the whole album. Probably one of the best I own, in fact, as far as metalcore goes. I really enjoy Ruin, As the Palaces Burn, Boot Scraper, A Devil In God's Country, and Vigil from ATPB.

I really didn't like New American Gospel too much, so I can't say a lot about it. None of the songs really caught my attention when I first listened to it, and I haven't given it a really fair one ever since. I should probably do that.

Ashes of the Wake had a few really great songs, and the rest were kind of hit-and-miss. I enjoyed Laid to Rest, Hourglass, Now You've Got Something to Die For, Omerta, Blood of the Scribe, What I've Become, and Another Nail For Your Coffin. The riffing in those songs is intense, especially in Another Nail For Your Coffin.
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness

I'll be blunt and say As the Palaces Burn is my favorite album as well. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to Ruin right now. Basically, I adore the whole album. Probably one of the best I own, in fact, as far as metalcore goes. I really enjoy Ruin, As the Palaces Burn, Boot Scraper, A Devil In God's Country, and Vigil from ATPB.

I really didn't like New American Gospel too much, so I can't say a lot about it. None of the songs really caught my attention when I first listened to it, and I haven't given it a really fair one ever since. I should probably do that.

Ashes of the Wake had a few really great songs, and the rest were kind of hit-and-miss. I enjoyed Laid to Rest, Hourglass, Now You've Got Something to Die For, Omerta, Blood of the Scribe, What I've Become, and Another Nail For Your Coffin. The riffing in those songs is intense, especially in Another Nail For Your Coffin.

Yeah, it's a fine piece of work for metalcore. From As The Palaces Burn, my favorite songs were Ruin, As The Palaces Burn, 11th Hour, and Blood Junkie. There are few problems with it I'd say, besides some tracks kind of sounding alike. No other problems with it, it's enjoyable every track through.

I first got New American Gospel last year thanks to Draomere as a recommendation. Took me a while to adjust to hard hitting style it has, but it's a solid release. So another listen might be worthwhile.

Now as for Ashes of the Wake, most of it is enjoyable. The weaker tracks are really weak, while most of the others just stick out completely. I love the title track on the album, but that's just me. The two solos and riffing is great, and has no hardcore screaming from Randy. biggrin . Shame One Gun couldn't even hold my attention for the solo.

@ The War Starter: I still have to listen to that material.
Mirror Of Madness
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness

Yeah, it's a fine piece of work for metalcore. From As The Palaces Burn, my favorite songs were Ruin, As The Palaces Burn, 11th Hour, and Blood Junkie. There are few problems with it I'd say, besides some tracks kind of sounding alike. No other problems with it, it's enjoyable every track through.

I first got New American Gospel last year thanks to Draomere as a recommendation. Took me a while to adjust to hard hitting style it has, but it's a solid release. So another listen might be worthwhile.

Now as for Ashes of the Wake, most of it is enjoyable. The weaker tracks are really weak, while most of the others just stick out completely. I love the title track on the album, but that's just me. The two solos and riffing is great, and has no hardcore screaming from Randy. biggrin . Shame One Gun couldn't even hold my attention for the solo.

@ The War Starter: I still have to listen to that material.

Drao, recommending Lamb of God? Wh-wh-whaaaaaaaaaat? eek And Lamb of God, no less?! eek eek Now I DEFINITELY need to give it another listen.

I don't know why, but I laughed at your comment on One Gun. I'll concur, that's a pretty terrible song, but not THAT bad. xd

@ The War Starter: I haven't heard it either.
The only album I have is As The Palaces Burn, and it's pretty good. Ruin is a good song.
Steel Lord
The only album I have is As The Palaces Burn, and it's pretty good. Ruin is a good song.

Good man.

Ashes of the Wake is a decent album within itself, but isn't quite as heavy-hitting as As the Palaces Burn. There's a distinguishable difference in the guitar and drumming tones between the two, but I still recommend it.
This was last year that he did this. He told me he enjoyed the first album, so I went and downloaded it. So not so much of a rec, but meh.

One Gun is just a dull song in itself. The end of it isn't too bad, but the beginning and middle section suck. Turn on Ashes of the Wake for the solos! WOOHOO scream

As The Palaces Burn
was also produced by Devin Townsend. Just thought to throw that in.
Mirror Of Madness
This was last year that he did this. He told me he enjoyed the first album, so I went and downloaded it. So not so much of a rec, but meh.

One Gun is just a dull song in itself. The end of it isn't too bad, but the beginning and middle section suck. Turn on Ashes of the Wake for the solos! WOOHOO scream

As The Palaces Burn

xd

That's probably why As the Palaces Burn kicks so much a**.
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness

As The Palaces Burn

xd

Probably. The production is like a huge wall of sound. Takes a few listens to pick out the bass in the mix, I think. But it's a great wall of sound. surprised
Mirror Of Madness
The Fecund Coming
Mirror Of Madness

As The Palaces Burn

xd

Probably. The production is like a huge wall of sound. Takes a few listens to pick out the bass in the mix, I think. But it's a great wall of sound. surprised

A great giant wall of sound, just like their wall of death. :O Amirite?
Lamb of God is a awosume band i have been waiting for a thread for awile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff