Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Gekko

4,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Hello biggrin . Just thought I'd make a thread for discussing Terry Brooks, his books, why you like/dislike them, or if your interested and just want to learn more.

Original Novels/Series:

Shannara
First King of Shannara
The Sword of Shannara
The Elfstones of Shannara
The Wishsong of Shannara

The Heritage of Shannara
The Scions of Shannara
The Druid of Shannara
The Elf Queen of Shannara
The Talismans of Shannara

The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara
Isle Witch
Antrax
Morgawr

High Druid of Shannara
Jarka Ruus
Tanequil
Straken

Word and Void
Running with the Demon
A Knight of the Word
Angel Fire East

The Magic Kingdom of Landover
Magic Kingdom For Sale-Sold!
The Black Unicorn
Wizard at Large
The Tangle Box
Witches' Brew

Armageddon's Children (not sure of the series' name yet, but if anyone does, let me know!)

The World of Shannara

Sometimes the Magic Works: Lesssons From a Writing Life

Movie Adaptations:

Star Wars: Episode One-The Phantom Menace

Hook

So... I think Terry Brooks is an amazing fantasy author, and I especially liked the Word and Void series because it mixed a setting in modern Earth, with magic.
Terry Brooks, you say?

I first stumbled over his books when I was...twelve, maybe. I'm twenty now, and I still look for them in the bookshops. They are simply marvellous.

The last trilogy I read was the Jerle Shannara, and while I missed all the characters from the Heritage series, I fell for it even more; I completely worship books that are based on the destruction of something that could easily have been our world. They are scary and it feels like a kick in the stomach, but they are also that much more better - the magic of it all seems, in a way, much more realistic.

The word and the void books were also good, but that was a really long time ago.

The Shannara books...they still hold a place in my heart. Brin and Shea and Allanon...I had a crush on Brin...such good reads, those were...

Greedy Gekko

4,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
If you liked Word and Void and Shannara, you should definitely read Armageddon's Children. smile You won't be disappointed...
I've read the Heritage and Voyage Series. I found them highly enjoyable. It kinda gave me a nostalgic feeling to read "Voyage" nearly ten years from when I first read The Scions of Shannara. I'm 24, btw. I have a coworker who has read most of his work and he thinks Brooks may be trying to tie in the Shannara series with the Word and Void series. If that's the case that'll be a major writing accomplishment.

Greedy Gekko

4,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Raeton
I've read the Heritage and Voyage Series. I found them highly enjoyable. It kinda gave me a nostalgic feeling to read "Voyage" nearly ten years from when I first read The Scions of Shannara. I'm 24, btw. I have a coworker who has read most of his work and he thinks Brooks may be trying to tie in the Shannara series with the Word and Void series. If that's the case that'll be a major writing accomplishment.

Like i said before, read Armageddon's Children wink
Oh, I will read Armageddon's Children. The problem with getting old is that your memory isn't as good any more, though wink So I'm just patiently waiting for the rest of the books to be released. Saves me from having to re-read them later...
Raeton

That Sir would be mind blowing!!! eek
I have come to the conclusion that Terry brooks is the best author ever. The man can write anything and has a way of bringing you into a world that is most definately not yours.
My aunt introduced my to his wonderful writing. While shopping on ebay on day she seena book that she thought I might like. That book was Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold. I instantly loved it.
So far, I have read The Magic Kingdon of Landover series, the Sahannara seires, half of the Heritage of Shannara seires, and half of the Word and Void seires.
I cannot wait to finish everything he has written. However, I know that I will miss it all. The man has done for me what no other author can do. He has pulled me into these books and made me feel as if I were a part of something amgical. Something bigger than I could ever imagine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff