Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
THE OFFICAL AVENGED SEVENFOLD THREAD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Artist Information

Avenged Sevefold is a Metal-influenced Rock band, formerly Metalcore before their 2005 album, City of Evil.

The band was formed in 1999. Avenged Sevenfold's first album, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, was recorded when the band members were nineteen years old. It was originally released on their first label, Goodlife Recordings. After lead guitarist Synyster Gates (also known by Brian Haner Jr.) joined the band, the introductory track "To End The Rapture" was re-recorded with Gates playing, and the album was re-released on Hopeless Records. Their follow-up album, entitled Waking the Fallen, was also released on Hopeless Records and was awarded a positive rating in Rolling Stone magazine. Shortly after its release, Avenged Sevenfold were signed to Warner Bros. Records.

City of Evil, the third album which was released on June 7, 2005, strayed from metalcore, and instead headed a little more towards heavy metal and added a harder rock sound with influences ranging from various bands. During the recording of City of Evil, M. Shadows' vocal styling changed to focus more on melodic singing rather than hardcore screaming. Some cite the change in vocal style as consequence of vocal chord damage (that resulted in subsequent surgery) during a tour supporting Waking the Fallen. Despite obvious obstacles, Shadows denies the injury as being the reason.

The band's name is a reference to the book of Genesis in the Bible where Cain is sentenced to live in exile for the crime of murdering his brother. God marked him so that none would kill him on account of his sin; the man who dared to kill Cain would have "vengeance taken upon him sevenfold." The title of Avenged Sevenfold's song "Chapter Four" references Genesis 4:15, the chapter of the Bible in which the story of Cain and Abel takes place. The song's subject also appears to be this story. "Beast and the Harlot", yet another song derived from the Bible, comes from the book of Revelation only it is written in the first person and refers to the punishment of Babylon the Great, world empire and seat of false religion. Another Bible reference occurs in the song "The Wicked End". In the song, several times it is said "dust the apple off, savor each bite, and deep inside you know Adam was right." making reference to Eve eating the forbidden fruit. Although the band's title and members' stage names make references to religion, Shadows stated in an interview that they are "not really religious at all." "Anyone that read the lyrics and really knew anything about us, they would know we're not promoting either", he said. "That's one thing about this band that I love is that we never really shove any kind of, like, political or religious beliefs on people. We just, the music's there to entertain and maybe thought-provoking on both sides, but we don't try to, like, really shove anything down anyone's throat. There's too many bands that do that nowadays, I think."[1]

The song "Bat Country" is a reference to the book/movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The song is dedicated to the Author of the book, the late Hunter S. Thompson. Their song "Blinded In Chains" was used in the soundtrack for the video games Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Arena Football. "Bat Country" was used in the soundtracks for SSX on Tour, NHL 06 and Madden 06, following in the footsteps of "Chapter Four" which had also been on the soundtrack for NHL 2004, Madden 2004 and NASCAR Thunder 2004. The song "Beast and the Harlot" was in the soundtrack for Burnout Revenge. All the above games, not coincidentally, are produced by various divisions of Electronic Arts. "Beast and the Harlot" (Covered by an unnamed band) also appears in RedOctane's Guitar Hero II, released in November 7, 2006. The song "Burn it Down" is featured on the October 24, 2006 release of the Saw III soundtrack At the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, Avenged Sevenfold received the award for best new artist in a video. They took the award over several other artists like Angels and Airwaves and James Blunt. After canceling fall and winter 2006 tour dates, the band is planning their unnamed fourth studio album. M. Shadows has stated that it will not be a City of Evil Part 2 or Waking the Fallen Part 2, because they want to change their sound once more. They say it will be somewhat of a surprise to their fans.[2] M.Shadows and Cowboy Troy (country star) sang "Buffalo Stampede" for Cowboy Troys album Black in the Saddle which released on June 5th, 2007. The band will release their first DVD titled All Excess, on July 17, 2007.

Studio Discography

- Sounding the Seventh Trumpet (2001)
- Waking the Fallen (2003)
- City of Evil (2005)
- Avenged Sevenfold (2007)
- Nightmare (2010)

Considering the fanbase and hatebase of this band, I am adding this text that I normally do not do to my threads. This is a guideline paragraph for viewers and potential people who will post.

I ask you to not flame, that goes in the Hate thread, if you have something constructive to say, then thats groovy. I just really do not want a bunch of hate, official threads are for discussion of repeated threads, and yeah. That's about it.

And yes, this has been approved.

I like Avanged Sevenfold.
Synyster Gates is awsome smile

What ever happened to you?

User Image

Interesting Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Big Applecake
I like Avanged Sevenfold.
Synyster Gates is awsome smile

Yeah, he's a good guitarist. I personally think he could of done so much better for himself.

I'm not too fond of the band's work as a whole, but City of Evil is a fun album to listen to. I can't stand anything before City of Evil due to their Metalcore is awful.

And I don't understand how talking about me is On Topic, Marshy.
and I like the singers voice 3nodding

Interesting Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Big Applecake
and I like the singers voice 3nodding

Oddly enough, that's what puts people off of Avenged Sevenfold, I don't think it's that bad that people assume. But different tastes and tolerances and all that jazz.
I miss the metalcore stuff but to be fair M.Shadows does have a good singing voice so I still like the new stuff too, also I think now the guitar playing is better.
overall they`re just awesome smile
too many flowers stick out of their music and not enough rocks to cover said flowers.

they will be good under certain circumstances

stop dressing like douchebags
stop acting like douchebags
basically, just stop being douchebags.
rock harder. much much harder.

chuck berry rocks harder than these pansies.

you people might like that lame cemetary gates crap from pantera because it is as weak as this band.
AX7 is such an awesome band. I used to hated them, but I don't because of Guitar Hero II (Beast And The Harlot. heart ) I wish I could go to a concert and see them. 3nodding
I only just recently got to hear they're stuff I only got City of Evil though but I really love it heart and I love the singers voice!
Synyster Gates= Awsomeness in human form
dat band is great!!
logan the god of candy
you people might like that lame cemetary gates crap from pantera because it is as weak as this band.

neutral

yaay, a new official thread. i'm sure i'll be moving over as a regular from the old one. anyway, i do love avenged sevenfold & city of evil, but i much prefer waking the fallen and sounding the seventh trumpet. also i think there shouldn't be more of an emphasis on city of evil than the other two.
Avenged sevenfold x33
Love themmmmm!
^___^

I personally think M.Shadows has THE BEST scream. and One of the best voices...ever!!!!! x3 x3 x3 x3 x3 x3

There amazing.
favorite song: Sidewinder
heart biggrin heart biggrin heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out