Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>User Image</center>

Once upon a time...

You walk through a set of heavy wooden doors. They're quite plain, simply marked with a brass plaque reading "The Library of Ever After." Pushing the doors wide open, you're shocked to find the library in complete disarray. Scattered books and ripped pages litter the floor and table tops amongst towering empty bookcases. A few of the massive cases lay on their sides around the room, splintered from their sudden impact with the hard floor. Amidst the clutter, a stocky man in a rather nice grey suit is wading amongst the papers, picking up a book or a page as he goes along. A bright light is zooming about his head, casting strange shadows in the dim light. You take amother step into the room, and he spots you, taking to flight on a pair of translucent wings you didn't notice until now. He speaks to you in a deep, raspy, yet suprisingly soft voice.

Fairy Godfather
"Welcome to The Library of Ever After. We apologize for the mess. We haven't been able to get this place under control since...well, that's not important right now. Just have a look around, and someone will be with you shortly."

Update: 11-6-2004

Welcome our two new staffers. Buffy and DS. I've turned over management of basic shop functions over to them now. But please, I ask that you DO NOT PM them. PM Fairy Godfather about any shop related issues. We don't want to flood their inboxes. That's what I'm here for. Thank you to everyone who turned in an application as well. We hope to see you around the shop still, and we're always open to outsie suggestions for running the shop.

Updates can also be found at The Library of Ever After Bulletin Board. A notice will be posted here when it is updated.

<center>I. Background</center>
<center>II. Godparents & Children</center>
<center> III. Child Growth</center>
<center> IV. Adoptions</center>
<center> V. Journals & Quests</center>
<center> VI. Library Rules</center>
<center> VII. Affiliates</center>
<center> VIII. Miscellaneous</center>

The History of the Library of Ever After
The Library of Ever After came into existence the moment the first story was written. The Order of Godparents, feeling that these tales should be preserved, decided that they would chronicle and protect these tales, thus keeping the stories' "ever afters" in tact. As more stories were written, the library grew to accomidate them all. Soon, it was apparent that someone had to take care of the library, and Fairy Godmother was appointed as head librarian and caretaker for the library of ever after. And all was well...

However, one dark night, a short time ago, after Fairy Godmother had closed up for the evening, something terrible happened. An unknown person ransacked the library! No one knows who it was, but this mysterious person destroyed everything. All the books were torn apart, and many of them were stolen as well. Shelves were destroyed and were pages scattered everywhere. And worst of all, when they were finished with the library, they kidnapped Fairy Godmother!

Hearing about the horrendous event, the Order of Godparents sent FairyGodfather to clean up and act as head librarian until Fairy Godmother was found. In the meantime, he had to find a way to rewrite all these stories!

User Image ~ Faevan
User Image ~ Buffynick
User Image ~ Kaze Taco
User Image ~ Bunny Faerii
User Image ~ DivineSaturn

Stage One: Page"
At this stage, we will give you a torn page from one of the destroyed storybooks, as well as a new journal for you to doucuments your child's story in. We're sorry to say we don't know what story your child is from, nor who he or she is. However, we will definately know the gender of your child, as well as a small bit of physical information.

Stage Two: Child
Congradulations! Your child had arrived. Now his or her story book life can begin. Although your child's future is unknown, some of his or her mannerisms will start to become apparent. In addition to your journal, you'r child's growth will begin to be affected by interactions within the library, and by the outcome of special quests thay he or she may be assigned.

Stage Three: Adolescent
By this point, your child's origin is becoming a bit less vauge. Even your child may begin to guess what story he or she originated from, but they still have a way to go yet. Since they are now older, their interaction with the other children will now become increasingly important. And once your child is ready, he or she will be required to go on a final quest to discover who they truly are...and who they want to be.

Stage Four: Adult
Your child is no longer a child any longer. After completing their quest, they have made their choice and grown to their adult form. Taking their new, adult role, both their recalimed tale and the story their Godparents have written for them will be returned to the library shelves. And while their quests have come to an end, their story is far from over, as they will be needed to aid in the quests of others.

Breeding
These are not breedable pets in the conventional sense. Two adolescents or adults, reguardless of gender, can choose to fall in love, marry, or raise a family, but they will not produce pages when they "breed". Nor will their children be adoptable. Children will be the responsibility of their parents. All breedings must be taken up with Fairy Godfather or Faevan by PM only!)

Rules

exclaim I have to right to distribute pages as I see fit.
exclaim Only one page per person.
exclaim Co-owning is allowed. However, the one page per owner rule still applies.
exclaim In the event that a child is neglected for a large period of time, I reserve the right to reclaim the child without issuing a refund to their Godparent.

<center>Flatsale coming soon!</center>

Congradulations to DS for winning the last auction!

Journals
Each Godparent will be expected to keep a journal documenting the growth and development of their child. The content of the journal will be up to the discretion of the Godparent, but note that journals will be used to determine the growth of your child. But please remember, your child does have a personality of his or her own, and you are responsible for documenting that accurately. If your child is a bit bratty, he or she will not simply wake up and decide to be sweet to everyone, etc. Occasionally, I may post in your child's journal, but aside from me, no one may make a post without your express permission to do so. (NOTE:Since your child is searching for his or her story, you are, in a way, responsible for rewriting your child's story for them. Failure to keep the journal could result in your child fading from existence all together!)

Quests
Every so often, your child will be directed to a designated rp thread to participate in special events. The nature and participants in the event are unknown. These events are very important, as they will shape your child's development signifigantly. The format of the special event, and the participants, will be designated by library staff only. All patrons are welcome to follow along, but please refrain from posting unless I ask you to do so specifically.

The Library of Ever After
The Library of Ever After is open to all, reguardless of wether you are an acting Godparent or not. All general rp will be held in this location, and it will influence the child's growth along with quests and journals. Everyone is expected to behave in the Library at all times, and to not exclude patrons from the conversation. If you wish to have a private or child only event, please hold those in your own journals. These eventscan be held in the Library if desired, but please realize that they must then be open to all patrons, and not just Godparents and children.

The Library of Ever After Restricted Wing (guild)
The restricted wing is open to all godparents, and selected patrons who have shown an interest in the rp. This wing boasts lounges for staff, godparents, and children. Access is by invitation only. If you're interested in gaining access, all you need to do is rp frequently in this thread. As a note, the guild is private, but not hidden, so non-members are welcome to peruse the guild as they wish, but posting is restricted.

Fairy Godfather
Even thought this place is a mess right now, we'd like to keep it orderly. So we do have to set down a few rules, which are subject to change if needed. If they're followed, we shouldn't have any problems, capice?

exclaim Be courteous to ALL patrons. This is a public establishment, and we do not descriminate because a patron is new, does not have a child, etc.
exclaim Do not beg either either me or Godparents for a child. If a child is available for adoption, it will be listed in the adoptions section of the Library.
exclaim Do not, under any circumstances, steal or modify any of Faevan's artwork. She puts a great deal of work into each child, and does not appreciate art theft. Misuse or replication of her work without her permission is a blacklist offense, and action will be taken.
exclaim These children require loving and attentive Godparents. During sale events, I will be more likely to allow dedicated partons to adopt a child than someone I have never seen before.
exclaim Please do not walk into the library, shout "BUMP", and walk out again. It's very distracting to patrons. We don't mind you stopping in, but please at least say hello and introduce yourself. We don't mind pleasant conversation in the Library, even when sales and events are not going on. And it's downright creepy when lurkers pop out of the shadows.
exclaim Keep your language clean please. There are children in here quite frequently, and I don't want to have to explain their new vocabulary to their angry parents.
exclaim We don't mind conversation of other petshop in the Library, but please, don't advertize your shop all over the place. If you want people in the Library to know about your shop, talk to me and I can add you to our affiliates section.
exclaim Our shop layout was lovingly created by Buffynick. Steal any of our layout and Buffy will hunt you down, tie you to a large tree at the chatterbox, and leave you there for the noobs to annoy.
exclaim Please do not ask Faevan for custom artwork. She has her hands full with the Library, and will let you know is she is available for custom work or not.

<center><i>Not pictured...yet...</i></center>
<Center>Buffynick: Layout and consulting (and general lifesaver!)</center>
<Center>Dio da Goat: Janitor</center>

<center>The White List</center>
<center>(A log of generous partons)</center>
Bunny Faerii - wonderful new banner for the library heart
Buffynick - awesome layout for the shop and 20K to start our guild eek heart

<center>The Black List</center>
<center>(A log of patrons banned from our establishment)</center>
None thus far...please keep it that way!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image

<center>Other Nifty Places to Visit</center>
User Image

<center>Link Us?</center>

User Image(courtesy of Buffynick)
User Image(courtesy of Bunny Faerii)

mines! ninja
*since she now knows it's safe to post.. lurks*
*clings onto thread with gleeful stalkage*
xd xd I think we carried over lurkers xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items