Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to the third incarnation of the Calm Bar.

The original Calm Bar started off as a refuge for those seeking a more sane place amongst the chaos of Gaia's commerce, and a 'home' to a group of people that met during the first gaian annual ball. Unfortunately the original owner is missing in action, so the bar has been remade with a few mistakes corrected, by the original's co-owners.

Note: This is not a make out bar. If you're looking for some place to make out, try the chatterbox. When two or more people are making out in the Cafe, it can get very uncomfortable for the rest of the people ther; so they start leaving. It's also very frustrating to anyone who is trying to hold a conversation with someone else, when people are posting pages of *kisses you on the nose* *kisses your lower lip* *kisses your cheek* gonk

We know that making out is not against the TOS. However, it's not something we want in our Cafe, and so make-out posts will be deleted. Please don't create extra work for us.

Do not advertise. This, unlike making out, is against the TOS, and you will be reported.

Staff[color=white]
Owners:
tulokyn
oreokooky
Under The Influence
CeramicPig

Chefs:
.~Taki~. (on vacation)

Bartenders:
Queen Unicorn
MaudlinLaura

Waitresses:
Inu-princess
FiresideCrowd

Rules[color=white]
-Don't spam, or we will report you.
-Please, no bumping. We have no attachment to a spot on the first page of Commerce, and we will consider it spam.
-No advertising. It is against forum rules, and we will report you for doing it.
-Be respectful to others.
-Don't be an a**.
-Please, for the love of all that is holy, crop your quote boxes down to four quotes at the most. Any larger than that and they're huge, and disrupt the flow of everyone else's conversations. You really only need to quote the thing the last person said. Please, keep them small.
-No making out. Quick snuggles and cuddles are fine, but any more than that, and your post will be deleted.

Lucky![color=white]
Pink Links = 0

Enchanted Trunks = 26!
Blue Boxes = 15!
Pink Giftboxes = 5!

Banned List[color=white]
empty

Psychedelic Sleeper
We've got two degrees of intelligence here.

There's CP going on about quantum physics.

There's me going on about killing people with toilets.
~~~About RPing in the Cafe~~~

- The Cafe is for both people in character, and out of character. If you're trying to Roleplay in here, then don't flame the users that aren't. Likewise if you've just come in here to talk, don't flame the roleplayers. I say this as tulokyn isn't that big on forum roleplaying, while I, and a lot of other people actually are, so we wanted to make this a place that everyone can come to.

- Absolutely no fighting is permitted in the Cafe. Weaponry is banned from both floors, aside from trusted members of staff. If you are caught starting fights you will be given a warning, 3 warnings and I will speak to tulokyn or oreo about having you banned. Don't say I didn't tell you.

- There are two areas to the Cafe. The bottom floor / entrance, where the majority of us will be. This is the calmer cafe area, usually serving soft, or hot drinks. Then there's the upstairs area, usually with music playing, and harder alcoholic drinks. Regardless the entire cafe is a calm place, and those looking for a nightlife type rave party, etc, should look elsewhere.

- Job vacancies will be posted by either myself, tulokyn, or oreokooky, on the initial post. We don't pay gold unfortunately, it's simply a matter of having fun.

~~~Drinks Available~~~
- Coming Soon. Feel free to order whatever you like.

~~~Opening Hours~~~
- The Calm Cafe is open 24/7, but keep in mind that the owners or staff aren't always here.

~~~Somebody breaking the rules?~~~
- If somebody is generally spamming the forum, or breaking any of the rules that have been outlined by tulokyn or oreokooky, PM any member of staff and we'll come to assess the situation. If it's ban worthy, a moderator will be informed and a ban list will be added. I however will not deal with the banning.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or e-mail me at causticNOSPAM@mevious.co.uk (Remove NOSPAM)

4,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
<center>

</center>
Music Section{under construction}
Welcome to the music section of the Calm Cafe. Here i will have a bio of my fav band Nickleback 4laugh i would like to thank blue for giving me this idea whee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick Bio
"Canada's Nickelback started life as a cover
band in Hanna, 215 kilometres northeast of Calgary.
Eventually, they tired of playing other people's songs
and singer/guitarist Chad Kroeger put together a bunch
of original songs, borrowed 4,000 bucks off his stepfather,
and went to big city Vancouver to record them in a friend's
studio. Based on the results, Kroeger's guitarist brother, Mike,
and pal bassist Ryan Vikedal all relocated to Vancouver in 1996;
that same year, they recorded and released the EP Hesher
and full-length Curb independently and embarked on a series
of cross-country tours. The group's singer had spent two
years selling advertising for a soccer magazine and now
applied some of the skills he had learned to his band. He
asked his friends to fax and phone radio stations to request
their first single until it was played often enough for Nickelback
to pick up fans on their own.
In late 1998, the band decided their managers were unable
to bring them to the next level and started managing themselves.
Mike Kroeger handled all the distribution, brother Chad handled
all the radio tracking, and Ryan Vikedal handled all the bookings.
The group had also invested $30,000 into a new album. The
State was released independently in January 2000 during
a slow rock period when Canadian content requirements
were increased and local rock radio began desperately
seeking out homegrown product. What they found was
Nickelback's single "Leader of Men." Nickelback toured
ceaselessly for The State and 200 shows later, the band
had gone from virtual unknowns to playing in front of over
a million people alongside the likes of Creed, 3 Doors Down,
Fuel, and more. The band's post-grunge commercial appeal
wasn't lost on the record industry and The State was snapped
up by Roadrunner/Island, Def Jam in the U.S., and EMI in
Canada. It eventually sold an impressive 500,000 copies.

Many of the songs that comprised the next album, Silver
Side Up, were written even before The State was released
in America and road-tested in front of eager audiences
on cross-country treks. The other significant change
about this set of songs was Chad Kroeger's conscious
decision to write his lyrics in a more direct manner rather
than the metaphoric and vague lyrics of previous releases.
"Too Bad" was about the father who was never around when
Chad and his brother were growing up. "Never Again" is a
song inspired by broken homes. "How You Remind Me,"
the first single from the album, was written at rehearsals
shortly before the band went into the studio.

To record the album, the band decided to work with
producer Rick Parashar (Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog)
at the same studio as The State, Vancouver's Green House.
The album was completed in five short weeks and the 13
tracks were mixed by Randy Staub (Metallica, U2). The
combination of Parashar and Staub, Nickelback's growing
popularity, and the quality of the songs sent Silver Side Up
into the sales charts around the world, spearheaded by
the hit single "How You Remind Me." It was only the second
time in history since the Guess Who's "American Woman"
that a Canadian band had been number one on both the
Canadian and U.S. rock charts at the same time. After
their initial mainstream exposure, Kroeger produced
Vancouver natives Default and colaborated with Saliva
singer Josey Scott for the Spiderman soundtrack. In the
summer of 2002, the band re-released Curb since it had
fallen out of print years before."
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Chad Kroeger: Vocals, Guitar
~B-Day:November 15th 1974

Chad Kroeger grew up in Hanna, Alberta. He raced bikes and participated in boy scouts. When Chad decided to take up an instrument, he decided to learn the guitar because there weren't many guitar players in his neighborhood. Chad tried to play like a few of his favorite bands, like Peter Frampton and later the Eagles. He formed a band called Smooth Ruckus, which never really had a hit song. They actualy never came out with a record (what they had before CDs) but played concerts around Alberta.

Later, Chad spent a period of time in jail for drug possession. His Smooth Ruckus band members ditched him while he was in jail, so when he got out he decided to move to Vancouver, where he got a job selling cars. He no longer deals drugs, but is an alcoholic and still does drugs.

In the 80s, Chad gave up music for awhile and started a family with his wife Emily. They had two children, Beth and Sara (girls.) Because he is an alcoholic, Chad has had some problems with spousal abuse (listen to the song Never Again.) He has never beaten his grown-up children, though.

In 1992, Chad and his wife tried out for The Wizard of Oz at a community theater organization. Chad got the role of the cowardly lion. Soon he started liking being in musicals, in 1993 Chad played Jesus Christ in Jesus Christ Superstar in Vancouver, but had to stop after a few months because of his bad back.

In 1996 Chad wanted to try being in a band again, so he responded to an ad placed by Ryan Peake. Ryan was surprised to see a 40 year old man show up, but they got along well and Ryan was impressed with Chad's skill. Chad called up his younger brother Mike who joined as well (bass.) Nickelback was soon formed. They created some of the most original music, a combination of grunge and alternative, but with Top 40 appeal. Nickelback recorded it's debut The State, followed by it's follow-up Silver Side Up. The band tours regularly, but if you have seen a concert, you will notice that Chad has to take it easy still, because his bad back.

Ryan Peake:Guitar: Guitar and Vocals
~B-Day:March 1st 1973

Mike Kroeger: Bass
~B-Day:June 25th 1972

DanielAdair: Drums and vocals

~~~~~~~~~~ ALBUMS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The State
have not heard it

Silver Side Up
comming soon

The Long Road
comming soon

All the Right Reasons
nickelback has done it again. they have finally mixed up their tune a little bit but still remaning true to the pure form of rock like they said they want to do heart All the Right Reasons has some sounds from Silver Side Up that you just cant mis but this cd is definatly not a copy of that or The Long Road. they have finally branched out a bit and changed their style and they got some awsome songs. rock on nickelback rock on heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

<center>User Image

I'm .~Taki~., and I'll be a cook here. I hope you all don't mind if I write down what my recommendation of the week is. xD
But I'll cook everything else, too. Just ask. ^_^

Menu~

To Coffee:
I recommend Muffins. And Choco Chip Cookies.

Breakfast:
Doughnuts.

Lunch:
Every sort of salad.

Dinner:
Cutlet with potatoes or Chips/French Fries.

Our speciality: Lagpie.

Blue_Tyrant
@ Taki... [...] I'll teach you to make my lagpie special ^_^;;;

User Image ((<- The eyes are glittering. xD))
</center>

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
*turns on all the lights and unlocks the door, opening it wide* xd
Opening parties need music. eek
Music needs a DJ.

ALRIGHT!!

~Rushes off to set up his decks.~

4,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
*kooky enters soon after to help tulo and washes down the table tops*
*bops on her feet, grinning as she looks around* mrgreen

I'm excited. whee
*confusidly walks back in*
~He grins, single handedly mounted a speaker wall in the upstairs arena of the Cafe. Although his own designed rules specified that it was for non-hardcore music, he decided to break his own rule on the first day. Oh goody.

Within his right hand, he held his silver metal record briefcase, his left hand containing his personal decks.~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff