Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wow, it's been a while since I've gone here for help.

So I've been nurturing this idea that's been in my head for almost a year now. I'm too wrapped up in my current novels, and am not able to write a novelized version of it as of the moment. However, I seemed to fancy the idea of it being a graphic novel as well, and have time to do a collaboration if anyone's interested.

This is a detailed summary of the novel that's on my website, but for the most part it sums up the storyline. The novel and the graphic novel will be slightly different, of course, but both I would really love to come alive someday.

These are also some rough sketches I did some time back (the character information you see is a bit different now, however):
{ Jacob Molyneux. }
{ Hannah Vallejo. } (It says Hannah Whelan, but I went back to calling her Vallejo again. Again, the profile information is a little bit dated.)
{ William Blue. }

"JUST" (formerly known as "Never-Dreamtime" wink is basically about three extraordinarily and mentally troubled strangers (Jacob, Hannah, and William) who fall into a state of consciousness they can't get out of. Kind of like living a nightmare, only it's not just your own--it's also someone else's. They don't know how, and they don't know why--just that "something" pulled them there while they were sleeping. Yet on the other side of reality, three people have vanished at the same time.

Jacob thinks Dreamtime may be where his mother has disappeared to. Hannah finds that the phantom that has stalked her throughout her life is there. William will learn about the nightmares he's been having lately, and the meaning of the memories he's chosen to forget, and the truth of the ghosts that have haunted him.

Imagine living and knowing someone's fear, and yet never fully getting to know that person face-to-face. Simply trespassing on disorienting planes of consciousness, living a nightmare and feeling a fear that isn't yours. Yet despite that, these three strangers share a connection, a bond, without ever facing each other in person. It's about coming to terms with the past, and confronting what's to come. It's about the human psyche, and fabricated memories. It's about the borders beyond insanity, and not knowing what's real.

Think: "Silent Hill", "House of Leaves", with a little bit of "Alice In Wonderland".

No matter how I think about it, I don't think a manga style will work for this story, but I'm not going to try and be picky.

I also have the first few pages of the script already written, but I'll only share it to those who are interested. Anyone who wishes to part take in this project, leave me a comment or send me a private message. Show me some samples of your own work, and I'll give you a sample of the script to see if you would like to work with it.

Looking forward to responses, suggestions, and/or questions....
I'm actually interested in seeing this when it's ready to be shown to the public. Make sure to post your webomic on this forum when you get it started!

Unfortunately, I'm not an artist. Wish I were, though.
That's fine. Thanks for showing interest at least! I'll be sure to post it if I find a good partner to work with.

By the by, you get a big kudos for having a "Broken Saints" banner in your signature. That was one of my main inspirations.
I know, isn't Brooke Burgess great? *fangirl squeal*
He's a great writer. He did an excellent job on promoting his work, too, if you ever got the DVD, which has extra features on it. Very confident and motivated. Wish I could be as much a people-person like him, but ah well.

Ever been to the "Broken Saints" forum? I'm a member on there as well.

(Ah, I suppose in the long run these posts help bump this thread. Hopefully it'll catch someone's attention.)
No. I've talked to Brooke through e-mail on a number of occasions, though. He's really cool. I even got to interview him for my school paper. sweatdrop The article never got published...
Ah. Same here. Only I don't think I ever e-mailed him before. But I did tap him over messenger a couple times. And he's responded to some of my posts on the forum. He likes to respond to his fans, which is nice.

And that sucks that the interview never got published. Yar.

By the by, when did you first get into "Broken Saints", anyway?
You need an artist?
I looked at the story. It sounds kick-a**.
You can look at what I do here or here.
Some of the art is a little old, though. gonk

Umm...yes.
-slinks away-
snow babie
You need an artist?
I looked at the story. It sounds kick-a**.
You can look at what I do here or here.
Some of the art is a little old, though. gonk

Umm...yes.
-slinks away-

We'll see. It might be a little difficult if you can't do backgrounds very well, though, since the environment is going to be rather important for this kind of story. One can always try re-doing one of my character designs I have in the first post for starters, or I could send a sample of the script. Whatever works for the artist.
I first got into Broken Saints a few years ago when it was on the front page of Newgrounds. I watched a few episodes, found it too confusing, and forgot about it. A year or so later, I went back and finally got into it. I bought the DVD version a few months ago, but haven't really had the time to watch it.

I may just put the interview up on Gaia or something so people can read it.
Vergessen Held
I first got into Broken Saints a few years ago when it was on the front page of Newgrounds. I watched a few episodes, found it too confusing, and forgot about it. A year or so later, I went back and finally got into it. I bought the DVD version a few months ago, but haven't really had the time to watch it.

I may just put the interview up on Gaia or something so people can read it.

Mm, I had issues getting what was going on as well. I figured that, if I kept watching, answers will be revealed somewhere down the line. And they were, pleasantly enough.
Imagine having to watch the entire damn thing on dial-up, though. That was a nightmare. Hell, trying to do anything online with dial-up is a nightmare.

I'd be interested in reading the interview. If you do post it, let me know. I'm curious now.
whee Haha. I have you entangled in my web of awesomeness and sexy manliness. [/ego]

I will, actually. I'll find the e-mails and post it up, if I can. If not, I have the version I created for the newspaper. I had to remove smiley faces and shorten some of the answers. I hope I didn't change anything enough that Brooke would be angry if he saw it. gonk

EDIT: That said, I feel your dial-up-induced pain. I once suffered at the hands of such evils as phone-supported Internet. I always wonder why they bother advertising dial-up services on TV anymore when dial-up is absolutely archaic. It's unpractical to have such a slow connection during a period where streamed video, sound, and photos are displayed ad nauseam all on one single webpage.

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
I'm interested in your idea and would love to be the artist for this! However I have very little experience in actually making comics so some patience would be greatly aprechiated.

Samples= Pencle

I'll have an inked sample ready for you tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvinance.
Your art is nice. Spelling could use a little work, but your art looks nice. xd
tiger of snow
I'm interested in your idea and would love to be the artist for this! However I have very little experience in actually making comics so some patience would be greatly aprechiated.

Samples= Pencle

I'll have an inked sample ready for you tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvinance.

Sure, an inked sample would be awesome.

In fact, if you would like: I've got a few short comic ideas related to the characters of "JUST". We could start off with that. I can work on my scripting a little more, and the artist can work on warming up to the characters as well.

I'd like to see more of your work, though. Maybe we can work something out.

I also need to get cracking on setting up the page for it on my site. Maybe that would help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff