Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll whore

duh 0.56016597510373 56.0% [ 135 ]
duh (ii) 0.43983402489627 44.0% [ 106 ]
Total Votes:[ 241 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Unbeatable Seeker

Yeah, this is a new (started yesterday) mule.

As the title says, before this account was ten minutes old, I had already annoyed two people; twenty minutes old, it was three.

That was also when I figured out that I hated that "new users" function. All of my three PMs on here to date can be blamed on it.

How I annoyed those three.... The first person PMed me less than a minute after I created this account, talking about "don't be a n00b". I'm all for encouraging newbies to become productive members of Gaia, but I prefer them to make the first move -- PMing you for "I need help!", posting in a thread, or something like that -- but still.... I guess I should say that I am an elitist and I make no apologies. I hate being considered ignorant just as much as I hate BEING ignorant. And besides all that, that person had more spelling mistakes in their PM than I can stand; I HAD to send it back with them corrected.

The second person, she just randomly sent me a friends request. I looked up her profile, and she'd made no posts in the three months she's been on -- that gets my elitism up -- and besides that, her name was kagome(four digits here). I sent a PM to her asking who the heck she was, and telling her off because of her name. Yes, I know it was mean. She replied saying that I didn't have to be so rude.

The third person.... I'm extrapolating here. She just sent a PM saying "HI!" and I ignored it. I believe that's annoying.

And I don't need anyone telling me that my attitude needs work; I know that full well.

No spoon for you guys; you get a spork!
- the "new users" feature
- being thought to be new when you, the person, aren't
- the most common way you annoy people on Gaia
- the best way to help newbies
- PM etiquette
i know what you are talking about -__-

my first two pm was something like: STFU N00b and i got 5 friend requests from people who wanted to have a lot of friends (status - does your number of friends give you status confused ? )

Saint Sweetheart

Munking
i know what you are talking about -__-

my first two pm was something like: STFU N00b and i got 5 friend requests from people who wanted to have a lot of friends (status - does your number of friends give you status confused ? )

Of course. 300 people that you don't know definitely gives you status xD

It happened to me as well when I created my mule. I got a "don't be a n00b" and many girlfriend proposals (my mule is male). I don't understand it either because it was even before the "New members" feature was implemented.

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Munking
does your number of friends give you status confused ? )

If it did,I'd be such a fameous GCD'er right now,you'd be kissing my feet.

Sadly,most of my friendlist consists of random people who wanted me to be their friend. And me,being the suck-up I am,said yes. gonk
i dont know what u mean but i encourage noobs to try there best
I hate making mules because of that damn feature, because then I get PMs like "I know Gaia is hard to understand, blah blah blah." Um, no. First, I'm not new, in fact I've been on Gaia for three years. Second, Gaia is not hard to understand. Don't flatter yourself because you know how to post on a forum.

Unbeatable Seeker

*looks up main account's friendslist* Because my mule accounts, the friendslists are just to link all of them together.

On that account, I accepted squkyshoes's request because she wanted to be friends with the entire GCD. That was about me, because when I'm not lurking I'm a regular. People who want numbers.... Screw that.

Heck, most of my friendslist is useless. People I talked to twice a year ago; one girl I owe something to; a few people I know IRL that I don't like on Gaia. Most of my real FRIENDS on here aren't on my list; but I like it that way.

Unbeatable Seeker

Princess Tinkle
I hate making mules because of that damn feature, because then I get PMs like "I know Gaia is hard to understand, blah blah blah." Um, no. First, I'm not new, in fact I've been on Gaia for three years. Second, Gaia is not hard to understand. Don't flatter yourself because you know how to post on a forum.
It's hard understanding if you get people telling you advanced stuff right at the beginning. You need like a day or so to orient yourself, and THEN any help you ask for (or don't) is useful.
T y l e n o l.

It happened to me as well when I created my mule. I got a "don't be a n00b" and many girlfriend proposals (my mule is male). I don't understand it either because it was even before the "New members" feature was implemented.

that is strange O_o. I saw a thread long ago, about difference between male and female accounts (new accounts specially); the girls tends to get more help and nice messages, not all but most of them, but men tends to be insulted (mainly by other guys) or as Kenyn recieve friend requests or pm mainly from girls, but girlfriend proposals? that is new for me.

@princess : No one knows that a particular new account is a mule, so in my case i tolerate welcome and "things you must know" messages :/

Saint Sweetheart

Munking
T y l e n o l.

that is strange O_o. I saw a thread long ago, about difference between male and female accounts (new accounts specially); the girls tends to get more help and nice messages, not all but most of them, but men tends to be insulted (mainly by other guys) or as Kenyn recieve friend requests or pm mainly from girls, but girlfriend proposals? that is new for me.

That's funny. I always figured there were more girls on Gaia due to the lack of them in RPs, and those weird CB threads. But I guess it also depends on where you go. Guys sent my mule the n00b mails but I also got those "can i b ur gurl" messages. o.o; Oh well, what can ya do?

Unbeatable Seeker

I wonder if that is right about male and female accounts. All of my other mules were made before that new feature, and all but one are female; I just made this one male because I had a cosplay idea, and my other male mule is already cosplaying.

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I actually find the new users feature rather entertaining. My friend and I were really bored one night so we sat and read usernames, some of the people had entertaining ones while others were just ughhh bad.
Precisely the reason why I hate making new mules. -_-

I don't understand the way the new members list works, it seems to pick and choose which new members it displays ar random, and dispite say 100 people jaining in the space of around 4 hours, your new account can still be displayed there all day!
It should do what it says and display new accounts, not a handfull of account that joined that day.
•†• εφηβικός •†•

Hmmmm...
I made a mule recently, and I got nothing! Maybe I'm just not as loved.
u.u;;

απόβλητα
    I walk around in starter clothes sometimes for laughs and I get 'Leave Gaia u n000b' PM's and I reply with 'Check my profile idiot' And they're like HOMG!!!!111!!!

It's still amusing to this day rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces