Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Why is the Sky?

Oh, Why not? 0.29770992366412 29.8% [ 78 ]
Because I told it to. 0.32824427480916 32.8% [ 86 ]
Option III 0.37404580152672 37.4% [ 98 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
1 2 3 >

Hi there. The forum you need is the Comics Creator forum in the Art Discussion section.
Ah the Sprite Comic.
they are insulted and belittled and yet their Bizzarre storylines and ridiculous dialogue have always made me laugh.
Do you take guest stars?
ph33r b0t
Do you take guest stars?

That depends. Do you have a sprite in 16 bit style? If you do then PM me the link to your sprites and I'll even give you 100 Gaia gold for every panel you appear in. This goes for anyone else who wants to cameo biggrin

Unfortunately I don't take Gaia avatars.

@ Dinah: I was directed here by someone from General Discussion. And I'm not sure that this is really art. It's more like... some company's art modified for humor.
what a minute, is this like 8-bit theatre...........I like swords
More Like Bob and George.

O.G. Gaian

15,375 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
GinoLeTV

@ Dinah: I was directed here by someone from General Discussion. And I'm not sure that this is really art. It's more like... some company's art modified for humor.

GD was wrong. This goes in the Comic Creators Forum. You'll get much better feedback there.
UPDATE! Check the first post. Thanks.
Really? No one?

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Well, people have a knee-jerk reaction to sprite comics. I read only three: 8-Bit Theater, How To Make a Sprite Comic in 8 Easy Bits, and my own, The Adventures of Emo Samurai. AOES isn't really a sprite comic at heart, it's actually a minimalist (pretentious word for stick figure) comic that uses sprites for certain characters. I keep meaning to read Bob and George, but I still haven't gotten around to it. Someday, perhaps.

Now, your writing is good, which is important... but the fact is that a sprite comic has to have writing five times as good as a normal comic just to appreciated on the same level. Your best comics by far are 4, 5, 6, 8, and 13. As a sprite comic, your characters dont have very detailed facial expressions, so their personality is expressed almost entirely through dialogue. Be wordy. Tons of dialogue, go wild. Kluby's personality is a little blank right now, he could go anywhere with any given comic. While that does give you a lot of freedom, it also hurts the experience for your viewers. At any point you could kill off Kluby and introduce his kid brother, Newby, and nothing would have changed for the audience. It's tough to make the readers care about sprite characters, so you have to work for it with intense characterization.

8-Bit Theater does this to an extreme: Black Mage is crazy and evil, Fighter is absent-minded and good-natured, Thief is clever and greedy, Red Mage is arrogant and silly. Start by considering what Kluby would do in any given situation. If it sounds like a million other characters in webcomics, start giving him unique quirks until he himself is unique.

http://sushidatabase.comicgenesis.com is my own comic. x3
Thanks Jerrit. That was a helpful comment.

Aight, new update. With the conclusion of the storyline that I left halfway through.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also got some wings!

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I went to the journal, and ROFL! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Too many rofls... lol sweatdrop
Yeallo! It's ME! Remember me? That guy with the thing?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW UPDATE! I also added an archive at the bottom of the first post. With a nice little flashing image to tell you that the last link is the new one.

ALSO! Since this comic is small time, I have decided to start a small free service. If you want to be told of a new update, through PM or comment on profile or w/e, then just PM me asking so.

Comments in either the journal or here are appreciated! See ya later! mrgreen

I wonder if I forgot something... sweatdrop

Yaaay for funny comics
XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items