Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Junk Scoreboard: April Edition ~

Official Lake Scoreboard!

Please do not report your total seperating each type of junk you have caught, ie:

Big Old Tire
Caught: 100
Old Boot
Old Can

I will only be updating the scoreboard with reports giving a total number of junk as of April 14th.
User Image

I'd like to welcome all of you fishers and junkers, both new and old, to this month's junk thread. The purpose of this thread is to keep tally of junk scores and see placements, since Gaia does not provide an official junk scoreboard. The scores on the board are based on # of junk caught, not point value.

I'll host it this month only, due to a lack of a thread for the first 2 days, and a request for one by a fisher.
(note: I will surrender the thread/resposibility if it is so requested at any time)
Also, since I am just copying this from Collectors thread, I will change graphics and overall apperance, if so requested by Collector or Engle.

If you have any questions, you can post them here or PM me.

Index

Post 1: Title
Post 2: Introduction
Post 3: Announcements
Post 4: Reading the Board
Post 5: Top 25
Post 6: Lower Rankings
Post 7: How to Report
Post 8: FAQ
Post 9: Junk Items
Post 10: Credits
Post 11: Disclaimer
Post 12:
Post 13:
Post 14:
Post 15:
User Image

arrow I will try to update the junk scoreboard every day.

User Image

Updated 04/22

Next update: Unknown?
Contest

To be determined at a later date.
User Image

Ranking based on # of junk caught

Last updated on 04/27

User Image1. HoFighter 6,681
User Image2. optimusprime723 5,748
User Image3. [ - Silent Whisper - ] 4,200
User Image4. dramaartwriting 3,937
User Image5. Kariuss 3,932
User Image6. chaos butterfly 3,841
User Image7. skittl3s 3,143
User Image8. [~Vale~] 2,670
User Image9. Silence` 2,376
User Image10. -peach- 2,235

11. PrettyDragon 2,001
12. Maduo 938
13. Mr.link123 914
14. Cocoa_bean321 696
15. gutszi 601
16. RHM-kun 409
17. Engel_Clone 112
18. Lord__Vader 65
How to Report

Celestial Wolf
The following is a list of methods you can use to report your junk. If you have your own method of keeping track, feel free to use it.

idea Method 1
Requirements: Record a base score

After the reset (scoreboards are set back to 0... this occurs at the end of each month, 3:00 a.m. EST), copy and paste this line from your personal fishing stats before you fish any games.

User Image

It will appear like this after copying and pasting:

Big Old Tire
Caught: 6670
Old Boot
Caught: 6805
Old Can
Caught: 7022

This is a total of junk caught every month, not just this month.

From then on out, just copy and paste that line when you want to report.

-------------------------------------

idea Method 2
Requirements: Appear in the top 25 of any lake, have fished only in that lake

This involves a mathematical formula, which differs for each lake. It will tell you the least amount of junk possible you could have caught, therefore giving you a valid report.

Bass'ken
Your Bass'ken lake score User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. by 6

Open your personal stats page and find the fish/junk total for the month. Subtract the above result from the number in the fish/junk total.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. # of junk caught

Port of Gambino
Your Gambino lake score User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. by 14

Open your personal stats page and find the fish/junk total for the month. Subtract the above result from the number in the fish/junk total.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. # of junk caught

Durem Reclamation Facility
Your Durem lake score User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. by 22

-------------------------------------

idea Method 3
Requirements: Had no junk in your inventory before fishing OR knew about how much (total) you had

Simply add all of the junk in your inventory together.

If you had junk in your inventory to begin with, it is [total junk] - [(approximate) total starting junk]

idea Method 4
Requirements: Appear in top 25 in all lakes you have fished or have knowledge of your fish score.
Over Achiever
[Junk Score] = [Score]/[P.I.%] - [Fish Score]

[Junk Total] ~ [Junk Score]/4
This is only an approximation of the total junk caught.
FAQ

Celestial Wolf
About the Board & Junk

Q: Are we counting junk points or junk pieces?
A: The number of pieces is what counts here. Make sure what you report is the number you caught this month.

Q: Does junk collected in towns count in our score?
A: No. Fortunately, this junk is not counted into your fishing stats. So unless you are counting out of your inventory, there shouldn't be a problem.

Q: What can I do with my junk; what is it good for?
A: Take a look at the Junk Items section (the following post). Also, you can sell your junk to Logan or at the market.

Q: Is it okay if I PM my score to you?
A: Go ahead. You can also round your score down a little if you want to maintain the element of surprise.

Q: I'm not sure how much junk I have, what do I do?
A: It's perfectly okay to make an estimate. Just make sure everyone's aware that it is an estimate when you post. If you have no idea, I can try and make a guesstimate for you.

Q: I'll have a few hundred more junk tomorrow, can I report the future score early?
A: Please don't. It would be unsporting to do so. Base your reports only on what you have (you can round down). You know what they say; don?t count the chickens before the eggs hatch.

Junk "Recycling" Trophies

Q: Do you award the trophies?
A: Absolutely not. I only keep track of scores, and I can only do that if people tell me how much junk they have. 3nodding

Q: About how much junk do I have to catch to win a trophy?
A: The number can vary greatly, especially during summer months vs school months. It's about 25,000 for gold, 20,000 for silver, and 10,000 for bronze.

Q: Where's my trophy???!!! gonk
A: I'm not in control of when the admin hand them out. sweatdrop The wait can sometimes be very long, and I can't guarantee that if you rank here you will rank in Gaia's hidden scoreboard.

Miscellaneous

Q: Can I ask a question?
A: You just did; and yes. whee

Q: What trophies do you have? xd
A: Right now I have a bronze from each lake and 3 bronze recycling trophies. whee

Q: Bump.
A: Bumping isn't allowed in the fishing forum. Be productive and use it on someone's quest thread. If you do "bump"; please only do so if this thread is off the first page, and be secretive. Use an emote. ninja
Junk Items

Celestial Wolf

Trophies

User ImageGold Recycling Trophy Awarded to the #1 junk catcher each month. Catching about 25,000 junk wins this trophy.
User ImageSilver Recycling Trophy Awarded to the #2 junk catcher each month. Catching about 20,000 junk wins this trophy.
User ImageBronze Recycling Trophy Awarded to the #3-10 junk catchers each month. Catching 8,000 to 10,000 junk wins this trophy.

Items

User ImageTin Hat Trade in 5,000 old cans for this item.
User ImagePatchwork Boots Trade in 1,000 old boots for this item.
User ImageTire on my head Trade in 500 old tires for this item.

Junk

User ImageOld Tire Worth 3 gold each and 6 points junk score.
User ImageOld Boot Worth 2 gold each and 4 points junk score.
User ImageOld Can Worth 1 gold each and 2 points junk score.
Credits

I would like to thank Celestial Wolf for hosting this board the months she did.

Thank you Celestial Wolf. 3nodding

I would also like to give credit to Engel_Clone who has been a host to the Junk Scoreboard for the last few months.

Thank you Engel_Clone. 3nodding

As well as to [ The Collector ] for hosting it in March, which is the board I copied.

Thank you [ The Collector ] 3nodding
Disclaimer

I, as the owner of the junk scoreboard (Celestial Wolf being the true owner), do not claim that it is entirely accurate. The board is a means to see your progress and rank yourself against other people who report. I cannot guarantee that every serious junker will report.

Reporters are allowed to round their junk totals down or "lag" their reports to maintain some method of surprise. If you choose not to report, it would be nice for you to drop in to let us know you will be junking. At the end of the month an actual junk estimate would be appreciated.

Also note that I run the board using junk totals, not actual scores. Just because one person may appear to have a higher ranking does not mean that they actually do. For example, one person may have 10 junk (all cans) and another have 8 junk (all tires). The first would have an actual score of 20, while the second would rank higher with a score of 48. On this board however, person A would dominate because they have more junk.

Please keep these things in mind while junking and planning your reports.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff