Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome

Watch out, I�m going to ramble.
This is my third poetry contest, up till now. I consider my self a pretty good poet, and if nothing else, I enjoy reading the works of those who are as good, and even better than myself, in a modern style. I hate when people use poetry as a trashcan for all their emotion and problems, so I�m hoping this contest will force or reinforce you to NOT do this.

Unlike my last contest, I will not have many restrictions on the words you are allowed to use. I am focusing more on breaking people from that idea that free verse is the only type of poetry they can attempt. You will be forced to write in a format that you must keep true to, either if the format is of your own construction or a preset one with or with out variants.

In the end, I completely believe poetry as all art, requires premeditative thought and planning to it, or else you don�t have art, you have what I am going to call �refrigerator art�, or little pills of self esteem that your mom magnets to the fridge, only to be tossed out later. So, this contest will guide you into a more subconsious form of effort in your poetry. Where before you ranted, now you will (gasp) actually write, and write well (assuming you already don�t).
I never had much experience with the whole �Hey, well, now that I see what I can improve, I�ll edit my entry� type of contestants. You�re still welcome to do so, just PM me so I know about it.

This contest is free of charge, kind of. Everyone is allowed to enter one poem; however a second or third poem will require a 200g donation, which will go into the prize.
The prize in question will be split for the top three poets, 50% for first, 30% for second, and 20% for third. Any items will be given as their market place value.
Stats

Contestents:
1. LaFlauta 80% B-
2. Indigo_Streetlight 89 B+
3. vegan_chica 67 D+
4. cerenacat 65 D
5. Renee the Rabid Squirrel 80 B-
6. by_the_tail 65 D
7. melancholyjupiter 93 A
8. Sylphi 87.5 B+
9. Darth_Aiyan 81 B-
10. Irime 78 C+
11. Kiria Delusional Kitty 80 B-
12. AnaHope07 75 C
13. kornerpocket 90 A-
14. Syphli 96 A

Donations:
Updates
Read page 8 for my graph reguarding the deadline.
A haiku has a defined meter of what? I thought meter was a regular pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables, not quite the same as having a set syllable count. sweatdrop
Indigo_Streetlight
A haiku has a defined meter of what? I thought meter was a regular pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables, not quite the same as having a set syllable count. sweatdrop
Nono. Meter is how you count pairs of syllables. Thus, pentameter, with a prefix of penta or 5, is five pairs of syllables, or a 10 syllable line.
Syllable stresses include Iambs, which is unstressed and stressed pattern.

A haiku uses the meter of 5 syllables, 7, 5.
Poem:Free Verse
Title razz leed

My body in you, again
A deep black water from which you never let me breathe
An acid that ate away at my heart slowly every day you ignored me
Crying in my ivisible fault I pleed for a love so strong that it'll rewind time itself
And heal these peices that lay shattered at the bottom of my chest
I ponder my own soul beaneathe my forest of dreams
I cry for someone to save me from this numb body
And drag me to a haven where someone will read the pages of my life and see my body so
bare and think of it not as beauty but as something that has been twisted and has a soul that can be scarred
That that someone would not slip into my hurt but push my hair aside and look into the dark eyes
and feel me in a way that no one else has ever
Not physically but in my own mind
To pull the peices not from my body but from my lips
To sew them together with his titanium pomises instead of glueing them and watching it seep waiting for me to dry to forgive them again

PM me.

Dapper Gaian

@Blood. Freeverse does not count as a poetic form.

LaFlauta- I believe you're writing in tetrameter, with an ABCB rhyming pattern?
That's all you needed to put.

I'm going to start handing out grades once I get five people in.
I'm currently working on my entry. Could you save me a spot? A sonnet, I beleive, would fit your requirements as it uses iambic meter and a set system of rhyme.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff