Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Seth's Spidermanesque Theory
Because those with great power have the ability to help those who are less fortunate.

UPDATE: GINOMAN LIVES!

UPDATE TWO: OMG COPY: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/259/omgtheycopiedme5qy.jpg

This theory of mine started as a purely satirical one, but the more that it sits in my brain the more I find myself believing that there may actually be some merit to it. Unfortunately, it makes many references to the Spiderman films, so if you haven't watched them then look away; there are likely to be some spoilers in this thread.

From this sentence on, I'm assuming you've seen both films. Don't complain. xd

I'm sure that anybody that has seen either film will have seen the scenes in which Spiderman is aking his way through a burning building. In the second film, he does actually stops a falling beam from hitting a girl by standing in the exact same way as Spiderman did. I'm not trying to say that Gino is Spiderman, but this is what got my brain on that track.

Evidence:
  • In one of the updates, the narration says: 'And that evil was called...' but Gino interrupts and says 'Father!?'. This doesn't necessarily mean that the evil is his father, though; it could be that the evil in question is something that Gino recognises. A voice that he's often heard, perhaps...? Or perhaps his father was originally some 'Gaia Goblin' figure and Gino knew about it?

• The Green Goblin gained his power through a formula that Norman Osborn -- rich guy -- paid to have developed. The virus created by the LabTechs was originally supposed to be a formula to help with cellular regeration (or so we were told) and I believe that the intended purpose was to make people stronger. Strong enough to survive a falling beam, even.

• The Green Goblin and Norman Osborn are separate people; he hears the laughter and listens to the voices, eventually giving in and allowing the Goblin persona to take over his body. Any 'strength serum' that Gino took would inevitably have some form of effect on his brain. Amnesia and a comatose state whilst his body adapts (Norman died and then came back, if memory serves) and perhaps then multiple personality disorder afterwards as the two personalities battle for superiority (perhaps his pills help him stay in control? 123, as the last surviving LabTech, would probably know of any experiments that had been carried out on Gino).

• I don't remember Gino being seen at the Halloween Bash 2k4, even though it was supposed to be his birthday party. The SUTF was also locked down, perhaps because Gino was busy being worked upon?

• Gino, though he claims to have re-instated G-Corp in order to help people might have decided to continue research in hope of a cure for his insanity OR for more strength serum to keep his powers going.

• What 123 said to Gino sounds incredibly similar to 'With great power comes great responsibility', don't you think?

• MPD / Anti-Gaia Goblin Pills would be a perfect way for Ian to prove to Sasha that Gino was evil and stuff.

-

However, Ginoman could be a hero. At this point it's hard to say, as we haven't seen him in action. His origin could swing either way, really; the evidence that I've given could be used to prove that Gino was a superhero rather than a villain, just change the words ever so slightly. xd

-

If I can think of anything else to add to the list I will do so, but I'm hoping that my thoughts are clear enough. If they're not, then I may reword things as appropriate.

I BELIEVE IN GINOMAN!

Discuss.

-

Do YOU believe in Ginoman?

[size=14][url=http://tinyurl.com/8tw48][color=red][b]Do YOU believe in Ginoman?[/b][/color][/url][/size]

Note: I can claim that this thread is the official home of Ginoman because it is. I have an account named Ginoman and have done for some time; this is his official home. Thank you. xd
xd 3nodding
Nice theory, it all works out....
My theory is that the admins don't know what they're doing. They just started this storyline, and didn't think far. They just make it up every time. So they just think of something, and think "what could it mean" the next time.

And about the story: Who would be Spider-Man? And what's next? Doc Ock?

Proxy Pieslinger

12,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
You forget the sceene with gino dining with Sasha. Explaining his absence.

Codebreaking Mage

11,650 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Perhaps. I tend to think that your theory is mostly correct in methods, but squewed in one vital area. Gino's other part need not be evil. Think about it, Norman has no use of his super human abilites while in Norman Mode.

Other than that I completely agree with your idea.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Twisted Logic
You forget the sceene with gino dining with Sasha. Explaining his absence.

I meant last year. Sorry if it wasn't very clear. ^_^;;

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
FylkSoul
Perhaps. I tend to think that your theory is mostly correct in methods, but squewed in one vital area. Gino's other part need not be evil. Think about it, Norman has no use of his super human abilites while in Norman Mode.

You're very right, and I agree. I'm inclined to think he's evil personally, but that's just my opinion; there's probably just as much evidence for Gino being a superhero. 3nodding
*Shakes fist.* Stop stealing my ideas Seth! xD

Codebreaking Mage

11,650 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
Seth Darkheart
FylkSoul

You're very right, and I agree. I'm inclined to think he's evil personally, but that's just my opinion; there's probably just as much evidence for Gino being a superhero. 3nodding

I would not go so far as to call him a superhero. I'm trying to think of a rather imperfect hero, but my brain is not working correctly due to a cold. The only other idea I have is that Gino is like the Guy from Highlander. Because they are both immortal.
Schizophrenia is when someone can't determine the difference from reality and fantasy and it doesn't cause split personalities, that's MPD (multiple personality disorder). Other then that, nice theory.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Ziddim
Schizophrenia is when someone can't determine the difference from reality and fantasy and it doesn't cause split personalities, that's MPD (multiple personality disorder). Other then that, nice theory.

Woops. Cheers for the correction, Ziddim.

*Makes relevant changes.*

Codebreaking Mage

11,650 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
As a member of the HHGTG staff, I will be adding an entery for theory. Kudos.
Seth Darkheart
Ziddim

Woops. Cheers for the correction, Ziddim.

*Makes relevant changes.*
Np *cough*nametheif*cough* rofl

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Ziddim
Np *cough*nametheif*cough* rofl

Yeah, I named my account after you. rolleyes

*Ceases to be off-topic.*
Seth, Your mind seems like a scary place to be. xD

Although unlike all the other theorys, your has some actual base. It could probably stand if someone debated it.

I wonder if gino will have one of those floaty hovercraft things. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces