Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Pokemon generation games are your favorite?

Old school man! Gen 1: Red, Blue & Yellow 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 12 ]
Liking antique games. Gen 2: Gold, Silver & Crystal 0.23404255319149 23.4% [ 11 ]
I tend to be noobish >.< Gen 3: Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen & Emerald 0.27659574468085 27.7% [ 13 ]
What's a Gameboy? Gen 4: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver 0.042553191489362 4.3% [ 2 ]
There were only 150 Pokemon originally!? Gen 5: Black & White 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Pokemon Generations used to be named after colors? o.O Gen 6 is for me! 0.1063829787234 10.6% [ 5 ]
Where the hell am I and what's Pokemon!? 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
1 2 3 >

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ Introduction
                                                    xxxxx║║• ▌█║ █ • • ║• ▌→║▌█

( ◓◓ )° Creator KingFanpire

( ◓◓ )° Theme pokemon plus school environment

( ◓◓ )° Inspiration pokemon, a need for a decent school rp, and my obsessive urge to write

( ◓◓ )° Literacy literate to adv lit

( ◓◓ )° Status
                                                    open and accepting

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ letter
                                                    xxxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Dear Sir or Madam:

It brings me great honor to inform you that your child will be attending Dragon's Lagoon Pokemon Academy, a year-round boarding school located on an island several miles off the shore of Cherrygrove City in Johto, where children come to learn and train with Pokemon and learn more about their true potential and unique strategy's. There are a wide variety of students at the boarding school, ranging from those who have come all the way from Hoenn and those who reside in Kanto or Johto. Just as the child vary from person to person, so does the reason for attending. All in all, students will be receiving the same education and instruction in Pokemon training.

Although this school is focused on Pokemon and training, we, at Dragon's Lagoon Pokemon Academy, put as much emphasis in the arts and education as we do for Pokemon. It is expected that students have and bring their own Pokemon. If circumstances have caused the child to not possess his or her own Pokemon, accommodations will be made.

Your child's first year begins with four hundred other students. At the end of the year, half of those students will be sent home, while the rest continue into their second year. This continues until the fourth year, where only fifty students remain, until one person is chosen from fifty to become one of the Elite Four in any of the regions. It is a great honor and requires patience, sacrifice and hard work from each and every student.

The point of attending the school is to survive and endure until the last year. Education is important and we hope to give your child the skills and training they need to be a Pokemon Trainer in the outside world. However, we are looking for that one special student to be the last one standing.

The importance of your decision and the commitment it entails to learn and develop by means of association with an outstanding center of learning is very crucial to your child. This decision may very well be detrimental to the quality of your life, so we hope, with open hearts, that you take this with all seriousness and students who choose not to accept will face legal ramifications.

Regardless, students come here for control and that is exactly what they get. We help prepare the students for the future and the danger that awaits them. The road to victory is long and hard with results that are surely going to be worth it for both you and your child.

I am pleased to honor your child's admission to Dragon's Lagoon Pokemon Academy for the next four years, starting June 20th. My colleagues join me in sending our heartfelt congratulations to you and your family

Sincerely Yours,
                                                    Headmaster Rika Otoya

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ rules

---------g є и є я α ℓ

»__O bey Gaia ToS and I. Or you will be reported.

»__P lease be courteous to your fellow Gaians in the OOC. In character, you are allowed to be mean, but try not to be over the top.

»__R ead all of the rules. If you do not, I will know and you will not be accepted. End of story.

---------ℓ ι т є я α c у

»__Q uality and quantity, seeing as this is a literate to adv lit rp. Use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling; please try to edit your posts before posting them. Make your posts interesting. I find boring and colorless posts to be depressing, so try to make a layout for your posts. If you need help, I would be happy to help. Try to not talk in slang and write professionally. We are at a level that we want to enjoy what you read and not feel like we are reading a teenage text message. I want depth, length, detail and enjoyment in what you write. I don't want to be bored and feel pain as I try to read your posts. Write in third person. I expect a minimum of four paragraphs (really LONG four paragraphs if that). Since this is a literate to adv lit rp, I expect lots of writing and details. I know it is hard to write a lot especially when interacting with someone who does not give you a lot to go off, so I understand; however, always aim to write a lot. I would like you to aim to a minimum of 1,000 words, but please aim for higher since I tend to write about 1,500 to 5,000 words myself. We all have off days, but this is more of an advanced literate roleplay, so if you can't keep up, you don't belong

---------p o s т ι и g є т ι q u є т т є

»__N o god-modding (I know you're not Jesus), no trolling, etc.

»__I f anyone wants to do something naughty, let's discuss it in the OOC. I am totally up for some naughty action, but let's keep it within the ToS rules, okay? Make sure to discuss any "dirty" action with the person you are interacting with at first. I don't people coming to me, complaining about stuff like this. at least. If your characters get down and dirty, just make sure to be mature and not drop words that are inappropriate. Again, discuss in the OOC or even PM me if you have questions about this.

»__D o not quote each other. You should all know who is roleplaying with whom. In order to do so, please read everyone's post. This shouldn't be a problem in this roleplay, but I feel like I have to tell people that. And don't leave anyone out. I hate when people ignore my characters, so don't do that to anyone else. It's not my job to do it for you.

---------α ρ ρ ℓ у ι и g

»__I f you wish to apply, all applications must be filled out. You can find them by EITHER clicking the title above or the icon in the first post. In order to reserve a spot, send me a PM with the reservation application filled out. Please read the rules and instructions on the application page. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. I have had numerous people in the past who have failed to do this and have not been accepted because they failed to read the rules. Once you have been accepted, I would suggest posting in the OOC. Lastly, your profile pictures must be anime pictures. No exceptions. If applying for a teacher, you must PM me first before even sending me a reservation application. No exceptions. More rules are on the app page, so make sure you read them as well. Also, there can only be two girls and two boys in each grade. No more. Again, all the rules are on the app page, so read them. Otherwise, you get one warning and then you are rejected. I know I've said this a lot, but it is very important.

»__Y our character is human, end of story. Your character needs to be unique and have weakness and strengths. No one is perfect. I also don't want too many similar characters. Please, make your character's age correspond with their year. I want First Years to be 15, Second Years to be 16, Third's to be 17, and Fourth Years to be 18. All teachers must be 21+.

---------σ т н є я

»__I f you are going to be absent for a while then, please let me know ahead of time. If you fail to post after a certain amount of time without letting me know, you will be dropped from the rp.

»__S toryline/plot movement is encouraged. As are event ideas and intense battles.

»__I f you have any questions, feel free to post them in the OOC thread or PM them to me.

»__T his is a more relaxed roleplay. I love nothing more than a fast paced roleplay, but life, school and work get in the way. Therefore, I am creating a more relaxed roleplay where people do not feel pressured to post or replay ASAP. That being said, it shouldn't take you a week or more to post, unless you inform me a head of time. I would like posting every couple of days from each person. So people have more access to the internet while others don't. Regardless, I do not want people bugging each other to post and be nagging others. People should enjoy posting and not quit because they feel they cannot keep up with the posting speed. So relax, enjoy and write your hearts away!

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ pokerules

---------ı и ғ o

»__P okemarts can be found in Cherrygrove City; however, there is a Pokemart located on campus, which sells most items.

»__Y ou may not have the same starter Pokemon as another person; however, you can include that same Pokemon in your regular party.

»__Y ou may trade any of your Pokemon except your starter. Make sure to talk to the person you are trading with and inform me ahead of time before making this trade happen.

»__P P does not exist in this roleplay, but try to mix up your moves.

»__H P loss is decided by the person who is battling. Try to be realistic when it comes to battling.

»__S tatus effects do exist. Pay attention to them and use them during battles. If someone is poisoned, then they need to lose HP from the poison. If someone is asleep, then they cannot move until attacked, etc, etc.

»__A Pokemon can evolve after every ten battles. You can decide if you want your Pokemon to evolve or not.

»__B attles are are mixture of free form and stats. When in battle, you need to take into account; the levels of Pokemon, accuracy/power of moves, effects/abilities, health points and the type weakness chart. When an attack is landed, take off some health points. Remember to be fair and take the situation at hand into account. Make to communicate with the opponent to agree on a fair battle.

»__W ild pokemon can only be captured in the specified class. Your student cannot catch and keep Pokemon if they have already met the max amount set for each grade. If your student has less than that amount, they are allowed to catch wild Pokemon only in the Catching Wild Pokemon class. However, students can obtain special permission from teachers to catch Pokemon outside of this class (only if the student is not taking the class) and must be accompanied by a teacher. More information can be provided.

»__Y our Pokemon's age is essentially related to their level. If your Pokemon is fifty years old, they are at level 50. Your Pokemon can grow by 1 level during battles against other students or in classes, but they are allowed to grow 3 levels with battling NPC's. Again, levels are not important in this roleplay. A 10 year old Pokemon can beat a 40 year old Pokemon, if the battle is strategic enough and played well.

»__Y our character can carry six Pokemon if they are a Fourth Year. Once a Fourth Year, you obtain access to a PC and have as many Pokemon as you would like. Third Years can only have six Pokemon, Second Years have five Pokemon and First Years can only have four. Teachers are like Fourth Years and can only carry up to six and have as many Pokemon as they want in the PC. It is a lot of work to have six Pokemon, so it is highly suggested to only stay with the six Pokemon.

»__Y ou can not kill another person's Pokemon. You can only make them faint from ether poisoning, fatigue, or shear exhaustion.

»__Y our pokemon can not communicate with their trainer using the human language. Trainers and Pokemon can understand each other, but no spoken language or even psychic communication, please. You can subtitle Pokemon talking to other Pokemon, but we are going to assume that Pokemon cannot speak with Trainers.

»__N o, you may not catch a legendary pokemon. However, you can encounter them, but please discuss this with me in the OOC first.

»__Y our Pokemon must have a name, aka nickname. No exceptions. I don't care if you didn't name your Pokemon in the game (because I sure as hell didn't), but it's less confusing in the roleplay if each Pokemon has it's own name. I will not accept profiles or your post if you do not include this.

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳ classes
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Here is the full list of classes you may take, set up by category and hour:

Breakfast - 7:00 to 7:30 - Cafeteria

First Hour - 7:40 to 8:40
                                                  Battling

Strategy- Learn to utilize moves which can raise your Pokemon's status, poison, paralyze, put to sleep, drain health, etc. An ideal class for those who want to learn how to win battles without relying on high levels, strength, or strong Pokemon/moves; also ideal for learning defensive moves. Takes place on the north side of the Battle Arena.

Combat- Learn about attacks which involve brute strength. Also, speed and dodging. Ideal for those who dislike or do not have the patience for strategic moves and like to rely on offensive moves and not defensive ones. Takes place on south side of the Battle Arena.

Second Hour 8:50 to 10:00
                                                  Herbology

Item Utilization- Mostly a lecture class that discusses held items and how they may help a Pokemon in battle. Takes place in Room 110

Potion Making- Combine herbs to make items and potions. A difficult class for most. Takes place in Room 152

Third Hour 10:10 to 11:15
                                                  Field Work

Catching Wild Pokemon- Easy class. Learn how to catch wild Pokemon like an expert. The perfect class for students who want to catch and add more Pokemon to their party. Takes place in the east side of the Field.

Battling Against Wild Pokemon- Gain valuable experience by battling aggressive wild Pokemon in caves, tall grass, etc. Takes place in the west side of the Field.

Lunch 11:15 to 12:00 - Cafeteria

Fourth Hour 12:10 to 1:15
                                                  Physical Education

Flying/Riding/Surfing Class- Very fun. Learn to control your Pokemon while riding on it's back. Races are often held on the school's track. Takes place in the Battle Arena. One of your Pokemon must know Fly or Surf to take this class.

Gym- Freely play with your Pokemon. Battle them, hit the targets, run with them. This is a class that encourages physical health for you and your Pokemon, along with interaction between one another. Takes place in the gym.

Fifth Hour 1:30 to 2:30
                                                  Stadium

Trainer Battling- Battle against your peers in the school's stadium. Takes place in the Battle Arena.

Free Time 2:30 to 5:30 - May leave school grounds to visit Cherrygrove City via boat ride or stay in Dragon's Lagoon.

Dinner 6:00 to 7:00 - Cafeteria

Curfew 10:00

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ setting

xxxxxSCHOOL GROUNDS

The school grounds includes the school itself, the battle arena, the field, and a fourth of the forest -which spans all over the island. It is here that you will be educated in the art of becoming a Pokemon Trainer and where all your lessons will take place.

User Image

xxxxx DORM ROOMS

You will be sleeping in bedroom you are assigned to, along with having a roommate. They are all well furnished with one couch, two beds, a table, two nightstands, two dressers, two closets, two shelves, and one bathroom. However, if you wish to bring more furnishings or electronic devices, you may. All dorms have two windows that give an excellent view of the battle aria and the field behind it. Teachers will have their own private suites, which have the same furnishings as the students, which are located on the floor above. Female dorm rooms are located on the left side, while male rooms are across the hall on the right. A member of the opposite sex is only allowed in your room during free time or between dinner and curfew.

User Image

xxxxxBATTLE ARENA

Strategy, Combat, Flying/Riding/Surfing, and Trainer Battling classes take place here. The arena can change terrain to accommodate water Pokemon who need it to survive. It has the ability to change, at random or controlled, into any other terrain type. Students may use this area in their free time to battle against others if they so choose. However, challenging other trainers is not restricted to the arena.

User Image

xxxxxCLASS ROOMS

Obviously, an indoor room where less active classes are taught. Each class room is equipped with all of the supplies the student will need. Furthermore, classes which are taught indoors involve excessive reading, studying, and homework. Not so much hands-on like the others.

User Image

xxxxxFIELD

Located directly outside the cafeteria, it stretches from the campus all the way to the beach, bordering alongside the forest. Any Pokemon not kept in a PC (if a Teacher or Fourth Year) or kept indoors at night is housed out in the field or the water next to the field. Some classes are taught in this area, but it is mostly used for recreational purposes. Wild Pokemon do reside here, along with the rest of the island.

User Image

xxxxxCHERRYGROVE CITY

The closest town to the island, it requires a short boat trip to access this town. It is filled with shops where most anything can be purchased. Most students spend their free time or weekends in town, where festivals and events happen almost every week.

User Image

xxxxxDRAGON'S LAGOONS' FOREST

It can be found stretching across the island. In fact, it takes up most of it. Here, Pokemon form all over the world can be captured here, aside from those who reside in drastic climates like volcanoes or snow caped mountains. Most students spend their time here or in the Field training, battling and capturing new Pokemon.

User Image

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳ teachers

User Image. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                OTOYAxxRika ↘↘xxxxTWENTY-FIVE .↷
                ☆ ◓xxxxxxxxxxxxx██¦█████¦ ↻. xx HEADMASTER & POTION MAKING
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡AMPHAROS ↓▀²xx Kanto★⤵
                KingFanpire xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

QUINNxxKairi ↘↘xxxx TWENTY-TWO .↷
                ☆ ◓xxxxxxxxxxxxx██¦█████¦ ↻. xx STRATEGY & TRAINER BATTLING
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡ESPEON ↓▀²xx Johto★⤵
                Elena Tresemme xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

KURANxxHotaru ↘↘xxxx TWENTY-SEVEN .↷
                ☆ ◓xxxxxxxxxxxxx██¦█████¦ ↻. xx COMBAT & GYM
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡GARCHOMP ↓▀²xx Sinnoh★⤵

LASTNAMExxFirst Name ↘↘xxxx AGE .↷
                ☆ ◓xxxxxxxxxxxxx██¦█████¦ ↻. xx ITEM UTILIZATION & BATTLING AGAINST WILD POKEMON
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡STARTER POKEMON ↓▀²xx Region★⤵
                username xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ALDRICHxxRainier ↘↘xxxx TWENTY-NINE .↷
                ☆ ◓xxxxxxxxxxxxx██¦█████¦ ↻. xx CATCHING WILD POKEMON & FLYING/RIDING/SURFING
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡GENGAR ↓▀²xx Johto★⤵
                Elena Tresemme xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳ first years

TATSUHIROxxKagami ↘↘xxxx FIFTEEN .↷
                ☆ ◓xxxxxxxxxxxxx██¦█████¦ ↻. xx
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡TYRANTRUM ↓▀²xx Johto★⤵

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳ second years

UZURIxxMichiko "Chiko" ↘↘xxxx SIXTEEN .↷
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡RAPIDASH ↓▀²xx Johto★⤵

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳ third years

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx↳ fourth years

AYASExxMakoto ↘↘xxxx EIGHTEEN .↷
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡CHARIZARD ↓▀²xx Sinnoh★⤵

NATSUMIxxKaida ↘↘xxxx EIGHTEEN .↷
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ ◡STOUTLAND ↓▀²xx Hoenn★⤵
                Sir Pumpkin King xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ dorms

Girl's Dorms

Room 10. Michiko "Chiko" Uzuri
                                                    Room 11. Kaida Natsumi
                                                    Room 12.
                                                    Room 13.

Boy's Dorms

Room 50.
                                                    Room 51. Makoto Ayase
                                                    Room 52. Kagami Tatsuhiro
                                                    Room 53.

Teachers Suites

Room 250. Rika Otoya
                                                    Room 251. Hotaru Kuran
                                                    Room 252. Kairi Quinn
                                                    Room 253. Rainier Aldrich
                                                    Room 254.

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

xxxxxxxxxx↳ calender
                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

● Hot ● Warm ● Mutual ● Cool ● Chilly ● Cold ● Freezing ● Muggy ● Rainy ● Pouring ● Cloudy ● Foggy ● Blue Skies ● Pretty ● Sunny ● Dark ● Scorching ● Fluffy Clouds ● Stormy ● Thundering ● Lightning ● Breezy ● Humid ● Perfect ● Showering ● Sprinkling ● High Winds ● Dangerous ● Lovely ● Hailing ● Snowing ● Heavy Snowfall ● Snow Storm ● Ice Storm ● Terrible ● Gross ● Gorgeous ● Snowy ● Windy ●

DATE.x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

Sunday ● Monday ● Tuesday ● Wednesday ● Thursday ● Friday ● Saturday ●

● January ● February ● March ● April ● May ● June ● July ● August ● September ● October ● November ● December ●

● 1 ● 2 ● 3 ● 4 ● 5 ● 6 ● 7 ● 8 ● 9 ● 10 ● 11 ● 12 ● 13 ● 14 ● 15 ● 16 ● 17 ● 18 ● 19 ● 20 ● 21 ● 22 ● 23 ● 24 ● 25 ● 26 ● 27 ● 28 ● 29 ● 30 ●

HOUR.x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

1:05 p.m. - Day before first day of school

● Breakfast ● Second ● Third ● Lunch ● Fourth ● Fifth ● Free Time ● Dinner ● Curfew ●

EVENTS.x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

"Welcome Trainers" festival in Cherrygrove City @ 7 p.m.

Demonic Man-Lover

User Image

↳ relationships

Your relationship status with whomever you wish will be posted here. Just PM or tell me in the OOC, so I can put it up.

♥ In Love
                                                    ♦ Enemies
                                                    ♠ Best Friends
                                                    ♣ Rivals (Pokemon related)
                                                    → Has a Crush on
                                                    ↔ Mutual Crush

Rika ♠ Hotaru

Demonic Man-Lover

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff